main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    The game is the usual AAA pricing - it's the $30 skins that'll bankrupt you.

heels1785 likes this.
  2. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    and the four days of early access! all about preying on our fomo.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  3. Ahsoka's Tano

Ahsoka's Tano Force Ghost star 7

Oct 28, 2014
    So none of the Spiderman games on the the PS Plus Games Catalog? That is strange.

4. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Just when I think I've seen the limit of how stupid the cursed MS-ABK deal mess is, it goes and does something more dumb. Cue MS claiming they will remove Activision games from the UK if the deal doesn't go through.

I'm sceptical on that because it'd be giving up all that MTX cash but it did get me thinking on a different aspect.

Until now the general view has been that MS buying ABK will allow the former to change and improve the former. What if it's the other way around? Kotick's gone full mobster over this deal and Smith is doing similar.

5. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000

That's just basically extortion.

6. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah but you know, the UK's economy's not too good, wouldn't want anything to happen to it, right?

7. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    I downloaded Kena: Bridge of Spirits yesterday and started playing through about an hour and a half or so. It's a cute game; though the story is kind of confusing and it could've done with some tutorials on gameplay mechanics (I found myself watching some YouTube videos when I got stuck at certain points). It's seems like it's a pretty linear game, but I can't really complain since I only got it among the PS Plus Games Catalog.

8. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, it's not a huge game. Very much quality over quantity.

And yes, the Rot are very cute.

And become more so when you have more of them and decked out in hats.

Last edited: Jun 6, 2023
    Ahsoka's Tano likes this.
  9. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Agent Intercept

I feel conned. Both by how this game presents itself and the reviews that go along with it. That line is that this is a fun spy action racer and it could be that. It could, if not for everything that gets in the way.

Let's see:

- The angled perspective means you will frequently miss pick ups, enemies and misreas how to approach any bends.

- You do not control your speed, you only move left / right with a finite boost.

- Time limits that are often brutal and arbitrary, which sometimes look scripted, sometimes not. Either way they are crappy.

- Finite weaponry, need I say more?

- An unlock requirement for levels with some pieces that are brutally difficult to get - for some you have to be perfect.

- Very uneven difficulty. Even with Assist mode to the max still those time limits and some boss fights are very difficult. Mostly due to the limited controls.

- Oh, and not to forget, an interrupting cutscene that wrecks your sense of flow in a level.

The sad thing is the art style is superb, the aesthetic fits perfectly. But all of the above severely gets in the way of the fun factor.

I had thought Assist mode might solve the uneven and brutal difficulty, it helps but can't solve it due to time limits and boss fights being unaffected by it.

If someone modded this with a god mode - infinite health, boost and weaponry - Bond would demand nothing less, right? It'd be the superbly fun experience it wants to be. But instead its perception that s game requires numerous constraints on the player stops that dead in its tracks.

If you can put up with these numerous flaws, with a story vs game tension and some unclear bosses, then yeah there's some fun to be had here. But even with 50% off and getting it for £7.99, I feel conned by this game.

10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    This is cool - Turtles DLC is inbound....

AND IT ADDS USAGI YOJIMBO AS A PLAYABLE CHARACTER!

I had my criticisms of the game but I'll have to buy it now.

Edit - oh, it's on sale on PSN until 21 June, how very handy...

Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
    Reynar_Tedros likes this.
  11. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Do random people still play the game online; like you can join in on a co-op game on the fly with no problems? Last week I'd went in to a co-op game of Streets of Rage 4, and the other player just conked out about 10 minutes into the game and didn't return. I tried setting up another co-op game with others and no luck.

12. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Last edited: Jun 7, 2023
  13. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    Same as it’s ever been, the most dangerous enemy in Diablo hardcore isn’t the monsters, it’s the servers.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  14. ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 18, 2007
    I see the butcher cutting people Fiber lines.

Jedi Ben and mnjedi like this.
  15. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    As Summer Games Fest dropped a handful of new trailers (including FVII: Rebirth, talked about in other threads), lost in the shuffle was a new gameplay trailer of Mortal Kombat 1. Spoiler, only because well, it is Mortal Kombat.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2023
  16. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    @mnjedi - do you mind sharing the type of wheel you bought, and if you like it? i've never owned one, but with gran turismo on sale and f1 2023 coming out soon, i was looking at the logitech g29. these things are all priced pretty high, so i'm trying to do my due diligence.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Gave The Lies of P demo a go.

It was... short. As I'm not a fan of the Souls genre and this is very much in that. If you're a fan you may find much to like here. There's a neat aesthetic style to it too.

Even though it's not for me, its always good to see publishers put out demos.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2023
  18. mnjedi

mnjedi JCC Arena Game Host star 5 VIP - Game Host

Nov 4, 2012
    I'm using a Thrustmaster thrustmaster t80 ferrari 488 gtb. Literally the cheapest one I could find that would still be adequate for my purposes.

heels1785 likes this.
  19. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    mnjedi likes this.
  20. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I honestly don't care about higher framerate in games. It's not that noticeable. But then I watch terrible movies on DVD. I just ****ing saw Good Luck Chuck on Friday, the ****ing Dane Cook movie. Kill me.

21. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I agree that the higher you go, the less noticeable the difference is, but the difference between 30 and 60 is stark.

22. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Mind you it’s a Bethesda game so can we really rule out the possibility that at 60 FPS the character models all spontaneously fly apart?

23. I Are The Internets

I Are The Internets Shelf of Shame Host star 9 VIP - Game Host

Nov 20, 2012
    I just started Diablo III (PS4 copy on the PS5) and plan to play Diablo IV next. I'm annoyed that IV is online only, but it's supposed to be fun and have a good single player campaign.

Please, disillusion me itt

Jedi Ben likes this.
  24. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Yeah, ever since I got a PS5, I always play games in performance mode, because the benefits of 60 fps more than make up for the minor hit in resolution.

Jedi Ben likes this.
  25. Ahsoka's Tano

Oct 28, 2014
    Can you see the difference in performance mode if you don't own a 4K/UHD TV?