main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

JCC Gaming Förceboat Parté - JC G4m3z thr34d (Gaming General Discussion)

Discussion in 'Community' started by Ender Sai, Jan 27, 2016.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Why does Sonya Blade keep pointing at the Wrestlemania sign?

Adam of Nuchtern likes this.
  2. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Just got Monster Hunter World. Never had a Monster Hunter game before so any tips?

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

3. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003
    Take it back and wait a week to get resident evil 2 remake

Rogue1-and-a-half and Ramza like this.
  4. Mustafar_66

Mustafar_66 Force Ghost star 6

May 20, 2005
    Don't especially care for Resi. Completed 3 and got most of the way through 4 but it never really clicked.

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

5. Chewgumma

Chewgumma Chosen One star 7

Apr 14, 2009
    Resident Evil 2 doesn't have the Wiggler helmet though.

[​IMG]

Rogue1-and-a-half and FatBurt like this.
  6. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003

This is resident evil 2
    Not the inferior any other resident evils that are available. This is a remake of 2 which was the pinnacle of the series.

My only worry is what extra have they added as they've taken a 5 hour per character game and lifted it to a 10 hour per character game

7. Rogue1-and-a-half

Rogue1-and-a-half Manager Emeritus who is writing his masterpiece star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 2, 2000
    I mean, if you want understated, dread-soaked psychological horror, there's really only one choice.

[​IMG]

CT-867-5309 and Chewgumma like this.
  8. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
    Reviews for the Resident Evil 2 remake have dropped and from the sound of things, Capcom has knocked it out of the park.

solojones likes this.
  9. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    Will be replacing RDR2 as game of choice from Friday when home from work

10. heels1785

heels1785 Skywalker Saga + JCC Manager / Finally Won A Draft star 10 Staff Member Manager

Dec 10, 2003
    Anthem beta launch has been an utter disaster. EA's servers are down for multiple titles, atm.

RE2 Remake seems to be a huge hit, though.

11. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    I watched about 10 minutes of Giant Bomb's preview coverage of Anthem, had basically all of my worst suspicions confirmed, and have decided I'm doing just fine without it.

Last edited: Jan 25, 2019
  12. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    It's currently installing, I was in two minds initially but then I played the one shot demo and that was it.

I shall be back in Racoon City after the football.

13. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    My brother preordered Anthem and was not able to load a mission before he was locked out. Nor could he share a friend code with me so I could give it a whirl to humor him, though I have no intention of playing it.

EA man.

Meanwhile I finished Birth by Sleep, watched the movie of Coded, and am on to Dream Drop Distance. This is the last major KH game. Just the prologue and one more movie after this. I won't get done quite in time for KH3, but I should basically be done within a couple weeks of release. Which is pretty good considering I'll have watched or played every game in the series and there are a lot.

14. AutumnLight91

AutumnLight91 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 17, 2018
    So I got my brother to start playing PUBG MOBILE as well. Been playing Duos for awhile.

Two wins yesterday. One before he got on I did a squad match. The three I got put with had us jump as a high velocity area where lots of people go so it causes a lot of battles and deaths quickly.

Those three went left and I went alone to the right. They got into a scuffle and though took out a few they all died. I got to a building alone at the end. There was two guys who knew where I was but were afraid to come upstairs after me. When the circle came in they ran outside and I picked them off. 4 kills total for that win.

The duo games we did ok, but our last game we got a win. We played the new snowy map which I haven't been on. Now my brother likes to snipe. He's more patient in that. I like having some good scopes but being more active in attacking.

Well despite getting surrounded a couple times we managed to fend them all off. We had two guys left in a big building near a window. So when my brother knocked one down I quickly healed up and ran towards the building while yelling him to do suppressive fire. I threw two molotov cocktails into the window and got both of them. An epic end. I got 10 kills, he got 6.

15. Adam of Nuchtern

Adam of Nuchtern Force Ghost star 6

Sep 2, 2012
  16. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    I spent most of the weekend pumping hours into Resident Evil 2. I've explored almost every facet of the game at this point, having completed Leon's A campaign and Claire's B path on standard difficulty and completing The 4th Survivor. I'm also now roughly three and a half hours into a hardcore mode run. If REmake 1 was a good portion of the original development team trying to realise their same vision with considerable improvements in budget and hardware restrictions, REmake 2 is a new team of people comprised of clearly passionate fans of the original trying to make something entirely new, that also happens to use the original game as a template.

While the changes to the gameplay style risked angering fans of the original title, it's a risk that totally pays off. The game has had to be restructured to fit the new perspective, meaning nobody going into this game, no matter how familiar they are with the original, really knows exactly what to expect. Just like Resident Evil 7, the game's tone and pacing makes it feel far closer to those original playstation titles than most of the other games in the franchise. The pervasive, unyielding darkness that your torch struggles to penetrate, coupled with some genuinely disturbing sound design, makes exploring the RCPD for the first time an intimidating experience that'll leave your nerves rattled long after you've set the controller down.

If you want a truly horrifying experience, I really suggest using hardcore mode on your first playthrough too. Standard mode is still an effective, tense experience. However it throws ammos and saves at you pretty liberally. So long as you have better aim than an alzheimers patient with bad cataracts, you have ample chance to dispose of every enemy you encounter the first time you run into them. That isn't so on Hardcore mode. Ammo and healing herbs become precious commodities. Zombies are tougher to kill and deal far more damage to you if they catch you. It makes for a stark choice when it comes to strategising how best to tackle the game. Do you dismember the shambling undead so that they're slower and easier to evade, which also takes less ammo than it does to kill them, but risk missing what's a harder shot to make? Do you also want to risk forgetting that you left a hungry zombie crawling about in a room that would make for a perfect ambush spot while Mr X is chasing you through the claustrophobic hallways?

Having already played through the game on standard difficulty, I already know most of the punches that the game pulls. So what would have been an intense encounter on hardcore is somewhat lessened for me, as I now have ample opportunity to prepare for tough fights, if not avoid them altogether. It's such a shame that the difficulty doesn't alter enemy placement for this reason alone. But that's such a nitpick in what's a brilliant effort from Capcom.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
    AutumnLight91 likes this.
  17. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Sadly no RE aiming experience will ever again be as hilariously trivial as RE4 on the Wii, where the remote effectively turns Leon into Tequila Yuen.

Chewgumma likes this.
  18. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    There's so much about Resident Evil 4 in general that I miss. Remember when video games could be silly?

[​IMG]

But hey, at least REmake 2 kept tofu mode.

19. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    RE2 is Tense man and I'm playing on easy as I have a love/hate thing with this game.

Not had Mr X arrive yet and I'm currently going for the last medallion but every room is tense, oh so tense.

Chewgumma likes this.
  20. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Do yourself a favour and kill every zombie you can. Make sure they're dead and won't get back up.

Because otherwise you will become zombie chow later on.

21. FatBurt

Jul 21, 2003
    oh I am

22. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    I have to admit because of an ASMR video dealing with giving you the T-virus (weird asmr combo I know) that I really knew nothing about it until I started researching what that was and everything about it. I've watched a playthrough of the RE1 remake.

Definitely not my genre of games at all. But I recognized it from a commercial as a kid.

This one actually. I remember it a bit differently like when they're running away from the dogs I thought they stopped and I thought it was Jill that got trapped in a corner in the mansion. But oh well. Those zombie dogs running and everything else freaked me out. Had lots of nightmares. Even watching just some clips from the new RE2 remake has caused some dreams to be weird.

23. Chewgumma

Apr 14, 2009
    Speaking of Resident Evil 2, there's going to be a free update on February 15th, featuring 3 "what if" scenarios about characters who do not survive the outbreak.

As a silly little bonus, they're throwing in the PS1 models for Claire and Leon to use in the campaign too.

Is this a sex thing? I think it's a sex thing.

Last edited: Jan 28, 2019
  24. AutumnLight91

Jun 17, 2018
    Not at all. See for yourself

25. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008