main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lit Books FACPOV ROTJ 2023 - Released!

Discussion in 'Literature' started by Sinrebirth , Aug 2, 2022.

1. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    But madly, madly, gloriously ambitious fools!

Nice to see you've decloaked DI.

Also, love your quip on Twitter on the idea now doing the rounds of a 2039 FACPOV TPM.

Last edited: Mar 9, 2023
    QuinlanSolo likes this.
  2. Noash_Retrac

Noash_Retrac Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 14, 2006
    Bring on ANYTHING on the Endor space battle! One of the largest battles in the Star Wars canon and yet the most underexplored in both canon and Legends :)

3. Chrissonofpear2

Chrissonofpear2 Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 25, 2020
    Patria A. Jackson! I'd forgotten she was still alive, practically. Also, Sean Williams, and our boy Jason again ( ;
    Alex Jennings, Mike Chen, and a lot of less familiar faces. I vaguely recall Szostak. Adam Christopher returns - no Alexander Fry this time, I guess.

4. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    I am looking forward to Mike Chen's story. I remember when we got a glimpse of Anakin's transition in the Rise and Fall of Darth Vader.

5. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    The Mon Mothma story will be interesting. We know she remained at Sullust according to the BtDS: ROTJ novel. I wonder if New Hope is getting recanonised with Admiral Drayson ;)

Nothing about Endor except a Wicket story confirmed. We still have six months.

6. Fredrik Vallestrand

Fredrik Vallestrand Force Ghost star 7

Jan 15, 2018
    Would we be getting stories about Hera or Rex during ROTJ. Nice little Rebels tie in.

darklordoftech and Noash_Retrac like this.
  7. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    That's likely a definite. Might deal with the Nik Sant/Rex thing once and for all.

They can't do a Rae Sloane story since we got that years ago with "The Levers of Power".

8. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    I like to get a story with Emperor's advissors. Like the one from Aftermath trilogy.

9. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    Rebel pilots at Endor for me: Wedge Antilles (Red Leader), Sila Kott (Red 3), Grizz Frix (Red 5), Keir Santage (Red 7), Dorovio Bold (Red ?), Ten Numb (Blue 5), Palso Thern (Blue 7), Keyan Farlander (Blue 9), Arvel Crynyd (Green Leader), L'ulo Lampar (Green 2), Shara Bey (Green 4), Kokely (Green 6), Pick (Green ?), Jake Farrell (Gold 4), Norra Wexley (Gold 9), Horton Salm (Gray Leader), Gureni Telsij (Gray 2), Ekelarc Yong (Gray 3), Ika Sulko, Lak Sivrak, Kin Kian, Karie Neth, Gemma, Reet, Snar, Ribeiro (Yellow Leader), Malena (Yellow ?), assorted unnamed background characters getting names perhaps...

Maybe Wes Janson, Will Scotian, Keyser Salm, Bela Elar, Tycho Celchu and others will join the Endor rosters officially. Bring back Randi!

10. Fredrik Vallestrand

Jan 15, 2018
    Maybe we get stories from the other force ghost. Jabba's advissor and monkey. The Sarlacc, the red guards protecting Palpatine.

Last edited: Mar 10, 2023
    darklordoftech likes this.
  11. The Positive Fan

The Positive Fan Force Ghost star 4

Jan 19, 2015
    I always hate being the guy throwing cold water on excitement (it goes against my idiom), but in the interest of moderating expectations to match the delivered product I do want to mention that, as with previous FACPOVs, this one will likely be "pseudocanon." Pablo's comment on the first one was something to the effect of "some stories are canon, some are not, and I'm not telling you which is which, wheeeee!" No reason to assume otherwise here. Obviously this status makes the book no less fun or enjoyable, just suggesting that caution be employed in assuming what lore is canonized (or re-canonized) here.

Dream-Thinker likes this.
  12. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    grins at Jason Fry and anticipated Fleet Junkie goodness

13. LazyJC22

LazyJC22 Jedi Grand Master star 1

Mar 10, 2002
    Who writes the account of all the hearts Lando breaks at Jabba's?

Supreme Leader Woke and Sarge like this.
  14. Dawud786

Dawud786 Chosen One star 5

Dec 28, 2006
    Top of that list is Sy Snoodles

Sarge likes this.
  15. DLCV

DLCV Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 14, 2020
  16. Foreign32567

Foreign32567 Jedi Master star 4

Jun 4, 2021
    Wonder if he will once again use Stover's sun-dragon metaphor, but this time in a positive context, since at the end Anakin made the right choice.

17. Sarge

Sarge Chosen One star 10

Oct 4, 1998
    You had me at Lak Sivrak.

Noash_Retrac likes this.
  18. MercenaryAce

MercenaryAce Chosen One star 6

Aug 10, 2005
    So...we all agree the sarlacc is the creature that is going to turn out to be sapient and more benevolent than they first appear to be in the films?

19. darthzac14

darthzac14 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 8, 2012
    I'm hoping for some Bothan lore in this collection. Literally anything about them will do for me

20. XandertheWise

XandertheWise Jedi Padawan star 1

Jan 7, 2022
    Well from what i read in New Hope and Empire Strikes Back From a Certain Point of View where they had weird short stories involving a sentient family of tauntauns, Motti and Tatgge thoughts in new hope and the asteroid space slug's inner thoughts heres what I wouldnt be surprised that will be in the Return of the Jedi Certain Point of View book

-two or three Ewok stories. one involving Wicket and his encounter with Leia
    - the rancor monster
    -jabba's goons. But then they might repeat the same weird stuff from the old Tales from Jabba's Palace book
    -what the Dignitaries were thinking the whole time while on the Death Star II
    -what some of the Imperial officers were thinking of the whole time while on Death Star II and on Endor
    -a tale involving the biker scout fighting Han when Luke Leia and Han and gang arrived on Endor
    -a long short story involving Ackbar, Mothma and the other Rebels on the Rebel Alliance ship when going over the battle plans against the Death Star II

-Palpatine doing whatever the whole time besides sitting on his butt on his throne room chair thingy

ColeFardreamer likes this.
  21. Sinrebirth

Sinrebirth Mod-Emperor of the EUC, Lit, RPF and SWC star 10 Staff Member Manager

Nov 15, 2004
    Oh gods if we get an inner monologue from cone-hat-head I think @GrandAdmiralJello will combust.

Sarge and Noash_Retrac like this.
  22. ColeFardreamer

ColeFardreamer Force Ghost star 5

Nov 24, 2013
    I hope they expand the Legends of Luke Skywalker take with the epic bug that whispered into his hear all the time... this needs a sequel!

23. Noash_Retrac

Nov 14, 2006
    So...any new updates?

24. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Beyond it now being out end of August? Don't think so.

25. DarthInternous

DarthInternous Editor - Del Rey Star Wars star 3 VIP

Feb 7, 2017
    More news coming closer to release :) You haven't missed anything yet.