main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Beyond - Legends Fait Accompli (EU, Myn + Kirney) - COMPLETED 04/10/2003

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by -thor-, Apr 2, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_BMack

Jedi_BMack Jedi Padawan star 4

May 25, 2002
    Wow. Wrestling with an ewok babysitter, learning to slice from two incredibly talented astromechs, goin to the sniper range with Daddy, working on counter-insurgent skills with Mommy, flying with EVERYBODY! Is this kids gonna have the LIFE or what??

Very good post -thor-! I LOVE Kolot! I suppose it's because I grew up dragging a stuffed ewok around with me everywhere.

Again, I can't express thanks enough for this forum and all you writers out there help me fulfill my SW addiction. Thanks to all my enablers. ;)

-b-

2. _RogueFire_

_RogueFire_ Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 24, 2003
    I was checking out Derisa?s Last Chance story for updates and I noticed a story I didn?t recognised on your sig. Knowing I can trust you with writing about Myn I decided to check it out.

So this is the sequel to Secrets of Still Waters. I love that story. [face_love]

I?ve been dieing to read it?s sequel!!!

Thor you just made my day even better. This is excellent!!!

3. -thor-

-thor- Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 15, 2002
    Woohoo ... thanks all. The next part will be up tonight (Euro time, approximately 12 hours from now on).

4. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Part VII

Hours later - dusk had already begun - Kirney wandered out of the refresher after taking a long and hot shower. She was wrapped in a thick fluffy bath robe and was drying her damp hair with a towel. The shower had relaxed her - not only physically. They had spent the afternoon and early evening talking about their experiences from the past twelve months. Then Myn had surprised them all by declaring that he would prepare the dinner. She smiled remembering the teasing comments he´d received from Kolot and Tonin - something about the danger of men being able to cook - but much to their surprise he´d been able to prepare a simple but tasty meal.

As she stepped into the living room she noticed the silence inside the house. She briefly wondered where everyone was hanging out and so she threw a glance into the adjoining rooms. Clink and Tonin were sitting in their alcoves quietly conversing in their usual droid manner.

Probably exchanging the latest gossip about Myn and me, she thought grinning and headed for Kolot´s room. She softly knocked on the door, but received no response. She knocked again - louder this time - but once more she was rewarded with silence. She carefully opened the door and looked into the room, but to her surprise Kolot was not in there. Then she caught a glimpse of a silhouette sitting outside on the porch. She walked over to a window and found the Ewok sitting on a bench, nursing a mug of hot chocolate - no surprise given Kolot´s amazing taste for all sweet things - and watching the sunset. She smiled sourly because she knew why he did that. He might deny it, he might get aggressive about it but she knew that deep within he was actually missing Endor and other Ewoks.

In a way just like me. I also have my moments of longing, especially when I think of the Wraiths. The difference is that I have Myn and now Alina, but he has nobody to love and care for. As much he is part of our family he will always be lonely in that respect.

She sighed. Speaking of family ...

She turned and sneaked through the living room searching for her husband. She threw a short glance into the 'fresher, but came up empty. Then she saw that the lights in the bedroom were on and she silently headed for the doorpost and peered into the room. What she saw brought a broad smile on her face and an idea popped into her head. She carefully retreated into the living room and rummaged through a couple of cabinets. When she finally found what she had been looking for she made her way back to the door to the bedroom, aimed and pressed a button.

Myn pressed a hand on his mouth to keep the shriek in his throat from getting out. The flash had caught him by surprise and he blinked to banish the white dots he was seeing. Kirney was now grinning like mad, a holocam in her hands and obviously liking what she saw.

"Sorry," she whispered. "That´s too cute not to make a holo of it." She put the holocam on the commode, tiptoed over to the bed and carefully climbed in to lie down beside him.

Myn had stretched out on the huge bed, his daughter sleeping peacefully on his chest. Her tiny hands were clutched into fists and her mouth was relaxed in slumber.

"Pssst," he muttered. "She´s finally asleep. Is she always that hungry? The flask was empty in no time," he continued smiling.

"You have no idea," his wife quipped. "Prepare to be roused two or three times every night because she´s hungry."

"Well that comes with the package, doesn´t it?"

Kirney nodded and rested her head on his shoulder. Myn took the opportunity to place a kiss on top of her head. "Did I already thank you?"

"For what?"

"For her. She´s so beautiful - just like her mother."

Kirney grinned. "Flatterer." Then she rose on her elbow. "Let´s put her to bed. I want to have you for myself for at least a few minutes."

"Always tactful and diplomatic, aren´t we?"

She gave him a mock glare. "You have been away for a whole year. I am not supposed to be diplomati

5. REBADAMS7

REBADAMS7 Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2001
    Oh, I hope they have Pampers or Luv's in the stores on Commenor........and lots of wipes...
    Reb

6. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    OK, first things first...
    Kolot is the coolest thing walking... just kickin back drinking hot chocolate on the porch, probably meditating on things that can never be... He has a solid anchor on reality though (the heavenly taste of the hot choclate... ;) )

Very good scene with Myn and Kirney... especially the holocam... sounds like something any mother would do. -Thor- You just keep surprising with all the ways you make the characters seem real. Keep it up...

-b-

7. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    LOL!!! great postie!

8. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    I think I have to agree with Jedi-BMack...Kolot is cool.

Poor Kirney. How awful that must have been!

~Rogue

9. forceaddict

forceaddict Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2002
    great post, so myn wasn't angry, and he is staying, great work, then ending was great

10. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    ohhh I just remembered I took a photo like that once.....babies do that to you!
    can't wait to hear the rest of the story
    Reb!

11. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Well there are two posts left - the next will be up later today. :)

12. Jaina_Solo_Durron

Jaina_Solo_Durron Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 3, 2002
    lovely post...so sweet and fluffy! looking forward to the next posts!

-JSD

13. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Ok folks ... here comes part VIII.

Whatever he had thought he would be doing in his vacation it hadn´t been handling a baby. Not that he minded ? not at all.

Three weeks of his leave were over and he had spent them with his family ? mostly getting used to the idea of being responsible for his daughter´s upbringing, thinking through all the side effects that came with it, thinking about how he was going to explain his resignation and what he would tell his friends. In fact he was torn between two extremes. On the one hand he wanted his wife to be safe, but this ment he had to keep her identity a secret. On the other hand he wanted to share his happiness and he wanted to be honest to his friends. They deserved to know the truth and in the face of Wes´ happy reaction he was actually leaning towards that way. But he had no idea how to propose that to his wife.

Kirney had used the chance to reinitiate her Shuttle Business and left for the capital a couple of times. She needed to aquire new customers or reestablish old contacts, because after the larger investments her financial reserves were somewhat limited and she needed a new source of income. So she´d rise early once or twice a week, fly to her meetings and return in the late afternoon - usually with a new contract and a pleased smile on her lips.

Just now he was sitting on the bench on the small porch of the house. The sun was just an hour away from setting and the sky had turned into myraids of red and pink tones. Alina was securely wrapped in his arms and was occupied by her favourite pasttime - eating. Again he was astonished at the amount of milk such a tiny girl could drink - and even more at the rate the bottle was emptied.

"My, my ... We´re hungry today, aren´t we young Lady?"

He used a small towel to wipe the remnants of milk and baby drool off her mouth. Alina responded with a toothless smile.

"You know you´re even more beautiful when you smile," Myn said stroking her cheeks.

"Are you flirting with other women," another voice asked from behind startling him. Kirney walked through the door wearing her favourite emerald green jumpsuit. Her eyes were narrowed and a mock frown was plastered across her forehead.

"Actually yes," Myn joked. "I hope you approve."

Kirney playfully swatted his arm and sat down beside him. "You Corellians are all the same ? nice and polite on the outside but a scroundel inside." She placed a gentle kiss on her daughter´s forehead before capturing her husband´s lips in a more passionate kiss.

"I could get used to this," she whispered after they parted.

"I certainly hope so, I certainly hope so," Myn answered in an equally husky voice. "I hope your meetings went well?"

She nodded. "Three new contracts right away and a handful of companies that are interested."

Myn shook his head in admiration. "I don´t know how you do it. Thank the maker I don´t have to negotiate with you."

Kirney smiled and looked at Alina. "Did she behave?"

"Of course. She´s a little angel. The only thing that makes me wonder is where all that milk goes to."

"Oh the trash can with the used diapers would be a start, wouldn´t it," Kirney asked grinning. She tousled his hair and laughed at his indignant expression. "And what have you been doing today?"

"Mostly thinking."

"About what?"

Myn leaned back and stared into the sun. "A lot actually. About the turn my life has taken, what I´m going to do with my life ... that kind of stuff."

Kirney studied at him with mixed emotions. "Are you changing your mind on resigning?"

Myn looked at her and gave her a reassuring smile. "No way. I´m not going to throw this chance away. I´ve already been through loosing you and I´m not planning to repeat that experience. Actually I was trying to figure out how I´m going to explain my resignation and what I should tell my friends."

For a while they remained silent and stared into the setting sun. Finally it was Kirney who broke the silence.

"Actually there are times when I´

14. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    -thor-

You did it again.. but this time without the cliffhanger... ;)

Halfway throught your post I was sitting here, chanting "c'mon kirney... risk it, risk it, risk it, risk it, risk it, risk it..." Let me tell you, doing that in a public university lab can draw some stares... :eek:

I like the way you're setting up the ending... Am I right in assuming that everybody's happy, and Rogue Squadron will add another pilot to their list of former Rogues? But this time, he'll be added the right way. Nice, safe, comfy, cozy (albeit hectic... kids, sheesh) retirement...

Great post...

-b-

EDIT: i got the first review too? schweet! now i feel all special inside... :p

15. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    great post, i wonder how the wraiths and rogues will react to her survival, i bet it is good, can't wait for more

16. The_Hooded_One

The_Hooded_One Jedi Padawan star 4

May 29, 2002
    HAHAHA!!!! [face_laugh] GOOD STUFF!!!!!!!

17. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Actually the last part (Epilogue if you want to call it that way) will not be dealing with the Wraith´s emotions, but will close the circle from the prologue - which means it will be the second part of the scene in Wedge´s office.

But I actually believe that the Wraiths will be happy to hear of her survival and even more when they find out why Myn is going to retire. They could possibly decide to descend onto them on Commenor ;) ... I don´t think he´ll let the Rogues in on the big secret - Lara/Kirney hasn´t been one of them and their connection is not as close as it is the case with Face and the gang.

18. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    This is sweet, Myn goes from sniper to diaper......seriously, this story begs for another
    answering the questions?
    Does Myn reconcile with his parents?
    What does Wedge do (Hint, if he talks to Luke he will have a great wedding present to bring)
    How much troub...er fun will the squadron have on the " Donos Estate"
    This is just the best - it makes my day to read it!
    thanks
    Reb

19. Jane Jinn

Jane Jinn Jedi Knight star 5

Jan 12, 2000
    Help, I'm getting behind! Let me try to catch up.

I liked the scene of Kolot sitting out on the balcony, drinking his hot chocolate and thinking about Endor and the other Ewoks. Probably the fact that there's a baby in the house is reminding him of what he's missing.

The part about Kirney sneaking up with the holo camera was too funny. Will the other Wraiths ever see that picture?

Ah, so Kirney didn't tell Myn because she thought he was dead. That makes sense, and explains why she was so busy getting the house done up, too.

I'm glad Myn is making the right choice, and that the only thing he has to worry about is how to break the news to his friends. I liked the way that Kirney was even more alarmed when she discovered that it was Jansen whom Myn told about their secret. But I think Jansen's reaction surprised her as much as it did Myn -- possibly even more.

And I really liked the way that Kirney decided to trust the Wraiths the way they'd trusted her. Good choice!

20. JainaJag00

JainaJag00 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 11, 2002
    very interesting.... i look fwd to more.

21. Jedi_BMack

May 25, 2002
    Ooh! Ooh! Hopefully we'll get to see the holo when Myn gives it to wedge in his office... ;) That'd be kickin...

Of course leaving it open to what we think the holo says would be cool too... although, *sniff, sniff* is that a sequel I smell? ;)

-b-

22. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    Ah well .. I really don´t know if there is space for a sequel. Right now I have what I wanted to write about this part and IF there will be a story ith these ... eh ... 6 ;) ... then it will play a while later.

23. -thor-

Nov 15, 2002
    So Ladies and Gentlemen - that´s it ... the last part.

Wedge blinked. Did he just say what I think he said?

"Care to repeat that?"

"I´m resigning my commission because I have a wife and a daughter to take care of. I think my part here is done and it´s time for me to start living my own life."

Wedge remained silent and sunk deeper into his chair. When he had noticed that Donos was wearing his operation pins and medals he had known that something was going to happen. But who would have guessed this?

The chaos in his head dissolved as a new thought shot through his mind. Could it be her? He couldn´t remember Myn mentioning the name of his wife.

"Are you ok," Donos inquired breaking the silence.

"Um ... yeah," Wedge stammered and shook his head trying to banish the last remnants of the cobwebs that hindered his thought processes. And then a smile drifted on his face. He stood and made his way around the table. "Then I think congratulations are in order."

Myn also rose form his seat and grasped Wegdes hand. The General laughed and slapped his hand on his friend´s shoulder. "You old scroundel. You kept this a secret."

Donos smiled sheepishly and shrugged apologetic. "Well I had to."

"Why that? Wait - don´t answer that. I think I know."

Myn raised and eyebrow. "Really?"

"I hope I´m right, but my guess is that your wife is Kirney Slane."

For a second Myn paled and his eyes went large, but then he narrowed them and seethed: "Janson is so dead."

"Janson?"

"Yeah. I´m going to kill him. I told him not to tell anyone and he ..."

"Stop stop stop. Wes knew about this?"

"Stop the innocent act. I know he told you. Noone else knew that she´s alive."

Wedge shook his head and tried to calm the fuming Corellian. "He didn´t say a word, Myn. I swear."

Donos could see the fidelity in his commander´s eyes and blinked in surprise. "Not? But ... but how?"

Wedge gave him his well-practiced 'I´m-better-than-most' smile. "Well I haven´t been Commander of the Rogues for years without learning how to stay one step ahead of you." He winced when he saw the look in Donos´ eyes. "Ok, ok. I know - lame joke." He sighed and returned to his chair. "Actually I found out by accident. During the Battle against Zsinj the computer of the Mon Remonda scanned all incoming communications for her voice profile and redirected those messages with highest priority to the Command Center. Afterwards noone thought of disengaging that program, because all thought she was dead. A couple of hours before we reached Coruscant we were sitting in the cockpit of the Falsehood and discussed what to do with that ship. Communications called and reported that they had a problem. They relayed her message to the Falsehood and we decided to leave the two of you alone. We made sure the message would reach you and then purged any trace of it from the archives."

Donos stared at him with gratitude and surprise evident in his eyes. "Who is 'we'?"

"Me and Han Solo."

"General Solo?" Now Myn was shocked. "Why would he do that?"

"She helped us to defeat Zsinj. She saved a lot of lives. It was the least thing we could do."

"Thank you, Wedge," Myn stammered. He felt the need to say more but he failed to find a suitable way to express his thoughts. So he took a deep breath and asked: "Do you want me to say something to her?"

"Just give her a hug and tell her to be happy. And if she ever needs help she should not hesitate to call. She has saved my and Tycho´s live and I owe her for that."

"I will," Myn nodded. "Any plans for Friday evening?"

After a look into his calendar Wedge shook his head. "Nothing important. Why?"

"I´m planning to tell the Wraiths. I´d also like you and Wes to be there. After all you were a Wraith, too."

Wedge nodded. "Ok, I´ll be there. So when will you leave us?"

"I think in a month. I need this time to disengage myself from the military." He threw a short glance at his wrist chrono and

24. forceaddict

Sep 20, 2002
    great ending, is there a sequal to this, great work, wedge was great, this was an amazing story good job, i really enjoyed it

25. REBADAMS7

Feb 5, 2001
    Thor,
    What a wonderful piece - this one definetly belongs in "The Archives" and as for a sequel....let me know your thoughts if you would entertain a co-author. You have Myn down pat! Thanks for so much fun!
    Reb

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.