main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Falcon Lord

Discussion in 'Archive: SF&F: Films and Television' started by nwatt, Aug 4, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. nwatt

nwatt Jedi Youngling

Aug 4, 2009
    I kept hearing about this new story called "Falcon Lord" (i guess D.A. metrov is about to publish the novel and they are going to come out with a video game and a film). Anyways, I went to www.falconlord.com, submitted my email to the enewsletter and checked it out. I also joined the facebook group (available on the falcon lord page). Everyone I've showed it to LOVES the story and the fanbase is amazing so i really encourage you all to go to the website!
    here's the synopsis:

Synopsis:

A reclusive orphan boy from an old lineage of falcon riders must unite his community to defeat an evil genius who's plundering resources and polluting the environment.

Falcon Lord, last descendant of an ancient line of noble falcon riders, lives in isolation on a small island off the coast of Perpetua. When danger threatens the community, he and his troupe, including his love interest, Willowmena, embark on a dangerous journey. Their goal -- to consult a legendary seer for advice regarding the mysterious enemy who has declared war on Perpetua Island. Falcon Lord discovers that the seer is missing, and a vast, toxic mining operation threatens to undermine Perpetua. The young Lord must resolve his anti-social tendencies, and rally the citizens against an evil genius and his hordes who will stop at nothing to wipe out the inhabitants and plunder every ounce of ore from the island kingdom.

2. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    sounds something like Princess Mononoke vs Ferngully.

3. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    I love it when someone's first post is plugging a web-site! [face_thinking]

4. metrov

metrov Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2009
    Hi,

nwatt is referring to my book and movie series, FALCON LORD. I found this post thru Google alerts. I would be honored if you guys would drop by [link=http://falconlord.com]falconlord.com[/link], and check it out, especially the video and blog. Come back here and let us know what you think. I've been working on this sort of thing for a long time, and I know it can't succeed without your support. So if it looks like the kind of thing that, in your opinion, would be worthy of a book series, and movies, then please join the Fan Club, as well as our Facebook Group. We can use your help. Thanks! d. a. metrov

5. metrov

metrov Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2009
    no comments? Any feedback to the presentation video at: [link=http://falconlord.com]www.falconlord.com[/link]?

Is this forum ONLY for movies with great big, gigantic, multi-millionaire dollar budgets that have been promoted for years and years by humungous corporations, and NOT for brand new movies just starting up?

thanks

6. Koohii

Koohii Jedi Master star 5

May 30, 2003
    Um, no, there are independants discussed. I'm just guessing no one knows the subject matter well enough. Maybe you could point to other places than just the one website?

Took a look at the demo video. Looks like LotR mixed with Ferngully. Orcs and machines vs birds and badgers. and mice. and other whatzit critters.

Ok, I suppose it's probablly a little closer to LotR vs Harry Potter.

Don't know if you've had any luck/news with game development or actual firming, but go for it. It's not like you could do much worst than many of the big studios...

7. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    *fixed

:p

8. mitch529

mitch529 Jedi Youngling

Sep 6, 2009
    I thought this presentation was awesome! I'm no fantasy expert, but love the genre. This concept looks fantastic...definitely something I would read, go see, play the game. Can't wait for more chapters! LOVE that they're posted. I don't see any Harry Potter here...whoever commented that this was like HP hasn't read the books...or seen the films...which barely scratch the surface of the books...but more like Lord of the Rings. Love the characters and the "green" concept.

9. metrov

metrov Jedi Youngling

Aug 5, 2009
    Thanks for the comments. We are still growing. But we have a pretty good fan base started at http://facebook.com/falconlord If you want to join us there, we plan to start giving away prizes and collectibles soon. You never know... could be worth something someday. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.