main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Art Archive Falcon's Art--Index Pg.1--Replies and Update [04/05/09]: Darth Caedus... :(

Discussion in 'Fan Art' started by FalconFan, Dec 17, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. FalconFan

FalconFan Jedi Master star 4

Jul 25, 2004
    Thanks so much, earlybird-obi-wan! As to the black and white, it's really all I know, lol! For me, it's much easier than oil paint, such as you're using--I'd be a wreck, trying to paint! :D Thanks again!

And Kyp--I don't think you're in too much danger of "lynching" here in Fan Art...now, over in Lit or EUC--I can't vouch for those forums! [face_laugh] Thanks for having a look, especially considering this isn't a character you like! To me, that's a great gift, so thanks for that!

As I mentioned before--I'm still working on some stuff--it's going to be a while, though, especially with the holidays roaring up, before anything is ready to post. Huge Wookiee-hugs to all that drop in and look at the existing work--it's such an honor and a major "warm-fuzzy" for me! :D

FF

2. Kyp_Skywalker

Kyp_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

Nov 7, 2008
    thank the force!, i was having sleepless nights! lol

3. AzureAngel2

AzureAngel2 Chosen One star 6

Jun 14, 2005
    I also would have trouble with oil paint for I sometimes forget about my brushes when I do s.th. with acrylic paint.

[face_blush]

4. Trika_Kenobi

Trika_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Nov 4, 1999
    QFT. OMG, Falcon! Great work! I don't know how you do it, but you are amazing. Wonderful job. The detail is just amazing. Stuff like that takes multiple lifetimes to perfect and complete. You are teh awesomesauce.

5. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Woah, I love this!! I think this is possibly my favorite of yours.

6. Solo_and_Fel

Solo_and_Fel Jedi Master star 3

Apr 19, 2004
    Just catching up on your art. The Grandparents one and the Bounty Hunter Fel are super well done. I could never quite imagine Jag with a thick beard either - this is quite close to how I imagined him. I think someone else might have touched on this already but the eyes in your work really give emotion and life to the part of a story you're telling. Nice job. :)

7. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    o_O

I just noticed a bit of my art in the center of the reply page here... **grins** Many thanks to whoever slipped it in there! [:D]

Thanks again for all the replies, everyone--I've been up to the earlobes with holiday stuff, and this is the first chance I've had in many days to get back in here! I hope you're all having a super holiday season, of course!

Kyp_Skywalker: :D ;)

Azure--It wouldn't be just the materials and their care--I just don't have much of an eye for color, particularly in paint and blending it. Something you and earlybird don't appear to suffer from! ;) Thanks for offering your thoughts, though! [:D]

Hi again Trika! Thank you kindly for your "gush!" It means a lot, and is much appreciated! I don't know about "multiple lifetimes" to figure out drawing...I see an awful lot of very young and superbly talented people in these forums, and I don't think it's taken them multiple lifetimes to acquire their skills...I suppose I could be VERY wrong tho! lol! ;) Thank you again! :D

NYCitygurl--Aww, thank you so much! So glad this works for you, and I appreciate your stopping by to look!

Hello, Solo and Fel, and thank you for visiting and taking time to comment! It's wonderful to hear that the eyes seem to "tell the story;" they do for all people, and that's always a goal for me when I draw: to tell the character's story in some small way. I very much appreciate your thoughts--thank you for sharing them!

I'm tight on time, but am going to try to do some visiting here before signing off for the weekend (will be away, but will check back in next week!)--many warm thanks to all who drop in, and a Happy Holidays to all who celebrate!

FF

8. morrison85

morrison85 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 13, 2005
    Ah Your Jag looks awesome . I love his look and his hair is just purrfect ! :D

9. Jedi_Amelia

Jedi_Amelia Jedi Youngling

Dec 27, 2008
    WOW !!!

Your art is the best Star Wars fanart I have ever seen! It is amazing. You are such a talented artist :D

Your drawing of Allana is my favourite, she looks so cute [face_love] And I love your drawings of Jacen and Tenel Ka too.
    And Grandparents is incredible! Han and Leia look just like themselves and the shading is beautiful. I haven't seen anything as good anywhere. I LOVE it!! :D

10. Anduli_Vader

Anduli_Vader Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2008
    Hey!
    These are amazing. The details are incredible! Are you self-taught? I would comment more but I have to leave. I was on page 43 and the end is on 73! LOL! No way I was going to finish in a few minutes!

11. Tahi

Tahi Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 8, 2002
    Oh wow! Your Jag is so palpable I almost thought it was a photo as it began to load on my screen. The skin and hair are amazingly real - I want to touch them. ;) He's beautiful isn't he? Very watchful though - and you can see by his eyes and also the furrow between his eyebrows that he's thinking, ticking ideas over.

His eyes and mouth are exquisitely drawn. The eyes are especially revealing - the right one which is shadowed a little is definitely guarded, and yet they are still the eyes of an intrinsically warm young man. It's interesting when you think about it because he's probably always had to be a bit guarded living as a human in Chiss society - and so being a Bounty Hunter is not that much different. He would still have to hide his feelings/personality.

The mouth is definitely that of a warm and potentially passionate guy. Nice full lips. And there's a very slight quirk there - to the left - showing a hidden sense of humour, rather wry I would think. A bit like Han's actually. :D

Despite the Bounty Hunter role, he's still very upright and clean looking, which is typical Jag.

There's something else in that expression that I can't quite pinpoint but I think it's almost a faint sense of hopefulness - as if he's afraid to be hopeful and yet seeing Han and Leia has given him that feeling. Hence that guarded look in the eyes maybe?

It's an astonishing drawing anyway - breathtaking. :) He reminds me of someone - an actor or singer, but I can't quite remember who. I think it's the eyes and the pose.

12. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    I LOVE to pop in here now and then and find new work by you. FF, that Jag is phenomenal! I swear, you just keep getting better and better. His jacket....*my jaw on floor*...it looks real. You amaze me and I'm so proud of how you keep improving and working and blowing me away. You are one talented artiste, lady! :)

13. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Happy New Year to Everyone here at the JC!!

:oops:

Once again, it's been far too long since I dropped in here and reply to those kind enough to leave comments... **slaps forehead** RL, as always, is my taskmaster--taking up all my time and leaving little to none for my beloved "art appreciation" visits and for saying heartfelt thanks to you all... And I'm making no progress whatever on any drawings! :_| I'll keep hoping for a break in the action, and want to express the deepest gratitude to everyone--the visits and comments are TRULY and sincerely treasured, even when I can't find time to get in here and SAY thanks...

morrison85--Thank you SO much for the kind words on Jag! He's one of those "polarizing" characters, to be sure, and it's nice to see some positive comments about him! I give credit for the look and the hair to the great photo I used for a reference--all I had to do, really, was add the shock of white hair, his scar, and the bandolier across his chest. Thank you again--for the comments, and for waiting so long to hear back from me... :(

Jedi_Amelia--Hello, and thank you so much for taking a look! I'm so glad you liked "Grandparents;" it was a piece close to my heart, and it's wonderful to learn others like it, too! As to quality work: I'll encourage you to browse through the other threads here in Fan Art (and I know you've been doing just that, too! ;) )--there's so much fabulous work here, by extremely talented artists in all types of media. You can't find a better way to spend some time than that! Happy viewing, and thank you again for the sweet words! :D

Anduli_Vader--Greetings, and many warms thanks for taking so much time with my art! [:D] There's SO much work in here now--that's the reason I created the index on Page 1--so people could go there and pick out pieces that interest them, rather than slogging all the way through the entire thread! In answer to your question about being "self-taught:" yes and no--I had some formal art instruction in high school and junior college, but none since then. I've been blessed to learn a lot of wonderful techniques and methods from the generous artists that participate in this and other forums--their sharing has made a big improvement in my own art, and to them I am forever indebted; as well as to every other artist here, whose work continues to impress and inspire me. Thank you again--and next time you visit, feel free to just use the index--it'll save you a TON of time! :D

Dear Tahi... [:D] Your insights continue to blow me away--how you can simply look at a drawing and like a mind-reader, discern everything we were trying to convey with the piece... I'm awe-struck--I've read your observations about others' work, too, and see the same deep insights... So amazing, and such a gift to the artist--thank you so very much! Everything you see in Jag here is correct: the watchfulness, the light-speed thinking, the tinge of hope. I always saw him as you do here, too--a person with a huge heart and a lot of warmth to share, but only in the most intimate of relationships (there's the "guarded look" you mention)--his upbringing and strict military mindset would most definitely contribute to that. It tickled me no end you saw a touch of Han in him--I've thought that myself on more than one occasion, in particular when I read about how well he piloted the 'Falcon on the Jedi mission to rescue Allana from Caedus. Is it a tell there, I wonder, that Han Solo trusted his beloved ship to Jag on such a dangerous mission...? ;) If he reminds of a famous face, it could well be: the reference I used was for an expensive brand of men's wristwatches--often those firms will use a well-known face in their advertisements! I myself don't recognize him as anyone specific--but when I found the photo, it just screamed "Scruffy Jag!" to me--so I used it! :p Thank you again, so very much! [:D]

**Wookiee-hugs**
    [color=

14. Obi-Dawn Kenobi

Obi-Dawn Kenobi Manager Emeritus star 4 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jan 27, 2000
    Our new year's was great, thanks! The hubby and I were glued to our Wii until midnight. We're par-tay animals these days, you know. :p But our little one had a fantastic holiday season. He's stilling going around telling everyone "Appy Olidays." LOL. I hope your holidays were great too!

You know, even though you had a photo reference it doesn't take away from the way you handled the texture and highlights on that jacket. It's gorgeous!!! The rest of him is gorgeous too (hubba hubba) and I'm just such a huge fan of your's! Everytime I see something new I think to myself, "This should be on the cover of a book!" Keep it up. :D

15. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @};-

Nice to see you around, FF, and I hope you have time to entchant us all in here with new art pieces this year!

@};-

16. Anduli_Vader

May 11, 2008
    Hmmmmm..... Got IT![face_idea]

Your model for Jag reminds me of that guy who played the computer nerd in the most recent Die Hard movie. Not the bad guy but the kind of wimpy one.

Still HOT though[face_love] =P~ :cool: :D

EDIT The movie that I was thinking of was Live Free or Die Hard. The actor's name is Justin Long. :-B

17. MASTER-OF-EVIL

MASTER-OF-EVIL Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2004
    Heya FF, longtime no see, A Happy new year to you and im glad to see your thread is strong as ever! I love the the rugged look of Jagged Fel. Awesome. I look forward to what you have in store for 09!

MOE

18. Moonshadow

Moonshadow Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 11, 2003
    You sure made Jag pretty darn nice-lookin'.... [face_mischief] Lovely work. :)

19. JeedaiElf

JeedaiElf Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 12, 2005
    Wooo! [face_love] [face_whistling]
    If I wasn't married....... ;) :p

Wonderful job as always Falc :D [:D]

(sorry I went a little smilie crazy) 8-}

20. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Eeesh...I'm so bad at getting in here to reply... :( Sorry, everyone! **slaps own hand**

Obi-Dawn wrote: "Everytime I see something new I think to myself, "This should be on the cover of a book!" Keep it up."

**gets emotional** [:D] Thanks so much! [:D]

Azure: Time is very tight these days (which is why I'm so scarce in the forum... :( ), but I am hoping to be able to work on a few pieces now and then--thank you for stopping in to "visit!" [:D]

Anduli_Vader wrote: "Jag reminds me of that guy who played the computer nerd in the most recent Die Hard movie. Not the bad guy but the kind of wimpy one."

[face_thinking] ...Jag...wimpy!? Nah--you must be thinking of another SW character! lol! ;) [face_laugh] Thanks for going to all that trouble to look up the actor's name, though! :D

MASTER-OF-EVIL! Hi! Hope all is well with you, and thank you so much for taking time to drop back in and comment--it's much appreciated, as always!

Moonshadow wrote: "You sure made Jag pretty darn nice-lookin' "

Aw, thanks! I always thought (in my own mind, anyway!) that Jag must be pretty handsome anyway--this piece just gave me a chance to "scruffy" him up a bit, to see how he'd look that way! :p **giggle** Glad you like it, though--thanks for stopping in again!

JeedaiElf: Have at it with the smilies! I always do! ;) [face_laugh] Glad you liked Jag--it was kind of fun, drawing him this way; I know he's probably all cleaned up and back to his classic military look by now (ruling the Remnant now, as he is...)--but it's fun to be able to have a visual on how he looked in Tempest...all "bounty hunter-ish!" :p Thanks for dropping in again!

Nothing new to show for now (though I do have a start on the portrait of Darth Caedus...)--there are some requests going (as always), but nothing at all ready to post. Many warm and humble thanks to everyone that continues to drop in, look and comment--it means a great deal (despite my sporadic visits and replies, it DOES mean a great deal!) and truly warms my heart! Take good care, and hopefully I'll have a little time soon to visit everyone's new work here! [:D]

FF

21. AzureAngel2

Jun 14, 2005
    @};-

I send you tons of time for youself and your art.

22. MarasFire

MarasFire Jedi Master star 4

Jun 14, 2007
    Sweet fancy Moses! Jag Fel looks HOT--your art always blows me away. You really bring the characters to life--there's such depth to their expressions and postures; you can see what they're thinking and feeling. I believe that I'll always see that scene and the Grandparents scene the way you've portrayed them.

23. Anduli_Vader

May 11, 2008
    Hey, just dropping in!
    The picture of Jag was great, I like him lots. He just reminded me of that guys' face for some reason. Anyways, I loved your pic of Kyp so I decided to try coloring it... If it's okay can I put it on my thread as long as I give you credit? Here's the WIP.

[image=http://i355.photobucket.com/albums/r463/Anduli_Vader/Kyp.jpg] Kyp WIP

This is all done in Paint and it takes forever...

24. FalconFan

Jul 25, 2004
    Azure wrote: "I send you tons of time for youself and your art."

Aww, thanks! **sniffle** [:D] And to you, my friend![face_love]

MarasFire: Thank you so much! I always figured Jag was hot--putting a little "bad-boy look" to him just...intensifies the heat, so to speak! ;) :p And thanks for the comment about "Grandparents," too--it means a great deal to hear that! :D

Anduli_Vader: Wow! That's looking quite wonderful so far! I like the green (on Kyp, it just seems to fit!), and contrasting the arm wrappings in red is actually a great choice! I've never worked with Paint, so don't know how difficult it may be--but thanks so much for taking the time and trouble to work with this--it's greatly appreciated! :D

Nothing else new--just working on what's been "in the works" for a long while now... Of course, everyone here will be first to see the new work when it's done! :p Thanks--as always--to everyone that drops in to visit! [:D]

FF

25. Kiyuuchan

Kiyuuchan Jedi Youngling star 2

Oct 12, 2008
    I can't wait for the Caedus portrait ! :D
    You're sorely missed while you're away [:D] Take care, and hope life doesn't get too busy for you ;)

I used your hair tutorial in lifedrawing class. It was in chalk and charcoal not pencil, but it really helped. Everyone said they loved the hair and voted it to be put on display (it was parent's evening) all thanks to your wonderful tutorial so thank you ! thank you ! thank you ! [:D]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.