main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga - ST Fall of the Lost Heroes (A Reimagined Episode VIII)

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Red_Leader_313, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Red_Leader_313

Red_Leader_313 Jedi Master star 2

Nov 30, 2014
    Preface:

About six months before the first teaser trailer for TFA dropped, my older brother and I had a serious falling out. We didn't speak for about 8 weeks, and our first real conversation that we had on our path to reconciliation was about the trailer. In the months and years that followed, our love for Star Wars is the thing that made us closer than ever.

We would talk on the phone for hours every week, unpacking rumors, leaks, and theories. We loved TFA, and spent most of 2016 and 17 theorizing what Episode VIII would be. This year - this horrible, horrible year - was the first without a Star Wars film since 2014, and the first year that we didn't have a feature film to discuss and speculate about. But our conversations continued.

Discussing Star Wars with family and friends is something that has helped me cope with the difficult circumstances we've all been enduring. But rather than speculate about an upcoming film (for whatever reason, The Mandalorian just never became something we discussed the way we did the features) we started to revisit our old ideas for the Sequel Trilogy.

The treatment that follows is mostly based on ideas that we concocted back before TLJ was released in theaters. The broad stroke ideas were things we thought of back then, along with loads of other stuff, but I wrote all of this and established the structure of the narrative this year.

This isn't my attempt to correct or overwrite TLJ or even TROS, instead it's just me sharing some ideas that I thought were pretty cool. I've posted the whole thing here along with some other little essays and things that I've written. I've also got a loose outline for Episode IX that I would expand if folks are interested in seeing where this version of the story goes.

I hope people enjoy! (Also, this is my first post after about five years, so I appreciate anyone who takes the time to read. It's about thirty pages long, a 45 min read!)

Last edited: Jan 3, 2021
  2. Red_Leader_313

Nov 30, 2014
    [Deleted]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  3. Red_Leader_313

Nov 30, 2014
    [Deleted]

Last edited: Oct 12, 2021
  4. Red_Leader_313