main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Fall of the Sith (AU RoTS, A/P, Mace Windu, and more..)--**COMPLETE** **New Story Link Posted**

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Souderwan, Jun 3, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Souderwan

Souderwan Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jun 3, 2005
    Lord Zeron,

I assure you that I am NOT Matt Stover in disguise. In fact, I've PM'd him hoping he'd forgive me for taking so much of his story into my own and perhaps read the story himself (if anybody has an inside track to Mr. Stover, I'd love for him to read the story and tell me what he thinks). I hope he'll see it as it's meant to be. Imitation being the sincerest form of flattery. I've written in much the same style as I do in this story for a long time. It's why I was drawn so heartily to this project, I think. Stover gave me a substrate to work with that I feel comfortable with.

I'm very happy you enjoy it and I look forward to assuaging your anticipation.

Next part should be out on Friday (ish), but definitely by the end of the weekend.

2. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Love how this is coming along! The Seperatists crushed by the Republic itself... quite an interesting idea. I love how Gunray realizes at the last minute Sidious's truth.

3. TorontoJediMaster

TorontoJediMaster Jedi Master star 4

Oct 14, 2001
    Great post.

It did take me a while to find this story because the title was changed.

It seems that Nute Gunray's brain finally clicked into gear...a little too late to save him though.

I wonder what type of announcement Mace made to the Senate. It clearly didn't go over too well.

Of course, a lot of Senators were Palpatine loyalists, so they were in for a double shock.

Can't wait for the next chapter.

4. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    A young yoda dark side story would be awesome! But you know what else would be cool? A Dark Rendezvous AU, where Yoda accepts Dooku's offer to the darkside. Just an idea, but yours is much cooler. I'd love to see more work from you. Can't wait till friday.

5. Venus_Star2-com

Venus_Star2-com Jedi Youngling star 2

May 29, 2005
    can't wait either ...till firday that is....but i have to do work now, sigh......

rachel

6. wolf4492000

wolf4492000 Jedi Youngling

Jun 8, 2005
    Question, what is Dark Rendezvous and where can I find it, and could you post the link. As for the story, very well done, and I was never sure about Mace, he was always to stuck up in my opinion, but I never thought of hinm being turned, and also, when I read the initiall post of were you found out Mace turned I thought palpy had gone and pulled a byss on him.

7. little_Skywalker

little_Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Nov 21, 2002
    A very unique story. I found it interesting how you manipulated the Mace/Palpatine/ Anakin scene from Revenge of the sith and how you weave cannon parts into in it makes for an interesting read. I did not think it would work but after reading all the posts I was very surprised how captivated I was since most radical changes (you fic being a example) for fanfiction do not work for me. I love how you captured stovers style in the one post you had about Anakin.

I hope you update soon!

-Ashley

8. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    As always, thank you all. I'm so happy you're enjoying the story. It's very encouraging. I'll take a moment to address specific comments/questions:

It did take me a while to find this story because the title was changed.

I'm sorry about that. I just realized at one point that "An Alternate Stoyline for Mace Windu (From Stover's Novel)" wasn't particularly catchy and didn't work for the title. I probably should have told you all I was going to change it before I did. I'll be better next time. :)

I wonder what type of announcement Mace made to the Senate. It clearly didn't go over too well.

If you notice, Mace hasn't said a word yet. What's got the Senators in an uproar is that the guy sitting in the pod is somebody other than Palpatine. Imgagine congress meets for an emergency session with the president and the vice-President and everybody show up, as expected, but instead of the President you get...Chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff. (Bare in mind, the President's been hinting at a military coupe for the past 3 years).

A young yoda dark side story would be awesome! But you know what else would be cool? A Dark Rendezvous AU, where Yoda accepts Dooku's offer to the darkside. Just an idea, but yours is much cooler. I'd love to see more work from you.

Cool! One reader is all I need! :) I considered a Dark Rendezvous AU (and I might just do it) but the direction was going to be different. You see, I don't think it's possible to turn Yoda to the dark side at this point. He's too old and set in his ways. He's too aware of the costs (because of my story I haven't written yet). My Dark Rendezvous AU involves Dooku returning to the light. Either way, I may take a break when this is done, but I promise more stories will follow.

Question, what is Dark Rendezvous and where can I find it,

Dark Rendezvous is a Clone Wars novel in which Yoda is invited by Count Dooku to discuss his possible return to the Republic. It's an awesome work with excellent side stories. Here's the Amazon.com http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/sim-explorer/explore-items/-/0739303228/0/101/1/none/purchase/ref%3Dpd%5Fsxp%5Fr0/002-2309225-4576003 link. Great book.

For everyone else, thanks for posting your thoughts, even if I don't address them directly I want you to know I read every post and cherish them all. Your encouragement is what motivates me to keep writing (which can be difficult, at times). Thanks.

With sincere love,

Souderwan

9. Skywalker3248

Skywalker3248 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    Hey Souderwan!

I had time last night after our discussion to read through your lastest section properly and digest it all and...

brilliant!

I loved how you adpated the Mustafar scene of Stover and the new Senate scene, I can't wait to see where this lead. I fully agree with the comments of the others above.

PS - I love to see you right a dark Yoda story!

10. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    And its still brilliant! The new chapters have been brilliant, and the style is very similar to Stover's. And I don't think he'd mind, in fact, I think he'd be flattered that a writer as good as you has AU'd one of his stories using a style very similar to his.

11. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Thank you again, for the kind comments. It occured to me that many of you might enjoy reading another fan fic by my good fried Skywalker3248, who writes another Novelization-based AU story. It's not a drastic a change as mine but I find it emminently entertaining and I thought you guys might want to give it a try. Just click here to go off to another universe.

Rassick, another good friend, has a pretty good story but in a completely different style from mine. I really enjoy reading it so I thought I'd put in a plug for him, too.

Click here to read about Obi-Wan's early adventures on Tatooine.

Cheers!

12. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    All, here is the bridge to part 8 of my little story. Hope you enjoy. The rest of this part should come out tomorrow. Saturday at the latest. :cool: As always, your feedback is greatly appreciated.

--------------------------The New Republic----------------------------------------------------------------

?Senators, please!? Mas Ameda?s voice, amplified and retransmitted to each senatorial pod and to multiple auxiliary speakers strategically located throughout the large Senate Arena, reverberated with the strength and power that Mas Ameda was best known for. ?We must have order!? His efforts had the same impact as spitting into a raging inferno in a vain attempt to extinguish the flames.

Thousands of Senators and their aides stood in their pods screaming, desperate to be heard above the din. Every man, woman and creature from every walk of the galaxy felt that his or her words were more important than all the others. But none of them really knew what they wanted to say. They all felt the same panic. They all shared the same thought.

The Chancellor is not here! The Republic is doomed!

Mas Ameda turned to look at Sly Moore in exasperation. She stood, as she always did?silent and impassive. Mas Ameda knew little of her, other than the fact that Sidious seemed to have trusted her at least as much as he trusted the Chagrin himself. That, in and of itself, was quite an accomplishment, as far as Ameda was concerned. Few people were able to escape discovery from him when his considerable investigative skills were brought to bear. He respected her, true. But he also feared her. The brutal coolness with which she dispatched her duties was unsettling to say the least...

The Korun Master was reluctant, at first, to engage the services of this Umbaran woman who seemed to be able to make just about anyone do her bidding. Rumors circulated about her rise to power under Palpatine. Rumors about how she callously ?removed? her competition in Sei Taria, Chancellor Valorum?s previous aide. Mas Ameda knew these rumors to be true. Mas Ameda knew her to be ruthless, cold, calculating and completely without moral compunctions. He was convinced that she would take the news of Palpatine?s demise in stride.

She did not disappoint.

If anything, Mas Ameda found himself even more unnerved by the pale, bald woman whose piercing pallid eyes stared out at him unfeelingly as he watched for a reaction while he delivered the news. If she was affected in any way, he could not tell. There was no change in her breathing. No shifting of her eyes. No flush of concern, if such expressions were even possible for her. Nothing. She simply nodded and waited patiently for Ameda to tell her what he wanted.

She accepted her responsibilities under the Jedi Master wordlessly.

As Mas Ameda stared at her, she continued to gaze out at the myriad Senators, slowly scanning the panorama with her ice-cold glower that held an expression which made her look as if she were feeding off the noise and confusion that filled the massive auditorium. He turned in aggravation back to the crowd and began to futilely scream for control again.

As the noise in the chamber reached a crescendo of unimaginable levels, Mas Ameda felt the Umbaran woman?s cold, hard hand on his left shoulder. He turned to look at her and saw that her gaze was not focused on him but on the flashing red light on the console embedded in the podium. He nodded slightly, with understanding, and activated the preprogrammed hologram.

Instantly, in every pod a hologram began to play. If one were stubborn enough to choose to ignore that hologram another one played in the center of the Arena high above the heads of the members of the Arena that had activated it. This hologram was fifty feet high and the audio blared high above the dissonance produced by the frightened Senators.

Not that the high volume was necessary.

Almost as quickly as the hologram began to play, the Senate became silent except for the sound that accompanied the hologram. Clearly tak

13. Cobranaconda

Cobranaconda Jedi Grand Master star 7

Mar 3, 2004
    :eek:

That was... well, brilliant. I can't really describe it. Its beyond words. That one chapter is the best piece of writing I have ever seen on here.

=D=

Well done!

14. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    Wow, Windu sure seems good at manipulating the public. It's great to see how easily the public changes its mind, from loving Palpatine to Windu. You've really captured Stover's method of description here!

15. Paladin3030

Paladin3030 Jedi Youngling

May 27, 2005
    ?The War is over.?

For now at least.

Round 2 will begin when Master Yoda & the other Jedi Knights get back home.

By the way what is going on at the temple I know Shak Ti is there & would love to hear what her opinion on whats going on at the senate is.

Oh I got a new weapon for Darth Shaft a Light Chainsaw ;)

Don't ask where I got it I think I found it on the same RPG page where got the Master Blaster at.

As Big Kinny aways says.....

Love Everybody

16. Rassick

Rassick Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 26, 2004
    Good job, Souderwan. It should go without saying by this point. :)

17. DarthAJ

DarthAJ Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 9, 2004
    Spooky post! Its weird how the Senate is so naive when it comes to these things. Now that Mace has the Senate(Republic) to back him up, the Jedi are up for some trouble.

Great post! As I said before I can't describe it with words. Can't wait for the next update.!

18. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    *looks at his ROTS AU, looks at yours, feels woefully inadequate*

19. sdhfs

sdhfs Jedi Master star 4

May 22, 2004

beyond words is right, top class writing

20. Skywalker3248

Skywalker3248 Jedi Youngling star 2

Jun 5, 2005
    One word - amazing!

21. Souderwan

Jun 3, 2005
    Wow! [face_blush] You all sure now how to make someone's head swell! [face_dancing]

Cobra, Sdfhs and Rassick: As always, thank you for your kind words. You have no idea how much they mean. And they make we want to try even harder to do a good job.

bobhill and DarthAJ: I'm glad you like it. I couldn't keep the politics out of the story because it's a crucial backdrop for the battle between light and dark. I hope you're enjoying the direction it's taking.

Paladin: Light Chainsaw [face_laugh] Now THAT's hilarious!! LOL [face_laugh] As for Shak Ti and the other Jedi Masters...be patient. All will become clear.

Arcalian: Never feel inadequate. I'm flattered but I assure you that your story is probably as good, if not better than mine. I'd love to read it. Have a link?

22. Arcalian

Arcalian Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 13, 2005
    http://boards.theforce.net/The_Saga/b10476/18811847/p1

Neither Fallen Nor Redeemed. It's, hmmm, a "Twilight Anakin" AU, I guess you'd say. But Mace gets to kick some butt in it.

23. Nefertiti

Nefertiti Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 15, 2004
    And it just keeps getting better and better!

24. -RebelScum-

-RebelScum- Jedi Grand Master star 6

Feb 21, 2004
    Amazing.

-The Scummy-

25. Lord_Zeron

Lord_Zeron Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 19, 2005
    Extraordinary as usual, Souderwan. Another magnificent chapter! I don't think I've ever read about Sly Moore before, it should be interesting to see what part she plays in events. It was very wise of Master Windu to show the holo first before he revealed himself as the new ruler of the Republic. Excellent work!

-Lord Zeron

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.