main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming "Okie dokie!" - Fallout

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh, I agree. I was using it more as a “something that had the same engine” example, same as 76... except I constantly forget that game exists.

Last edited: Feb 1, 2021
  2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    The only difference between the engines of Fallout 4 and 76 is multiplayer compatibility and lighting. At least that’s what I remember Todd talking about.

3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So looks like we can kiss Fallout games post 76 on the PlayStation goodbye. Looks like I’ll have to play on a PC from here on out. But I was in denial thinking they wouldn’t be exclusive

4. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Yeah, but the next one is probably a decade away and the real life, climate change induced version will have arrived by then.

Outsourced and Jedi Knight Fett like this.
  5. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Just play some RDR1 and think about how PC owners can't. You'll feel better. :p

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  6. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    If you can do so, PC is kind of the way to play these big open world Bethesda games anyway. The Sony ports in particular were always a bit... interesting...

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Oh they were. My PC isn’t that good. Good enough to run Fallout 4 more or less but I think give it a year or two and any games won’t be able to play.

8. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I would hope the weird RAM issue was avoided with the PS4 and beyond.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Some devs react to a speed run

10. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So the road map for fallout 76 came out. Most interesting things was the end of the brotherhood storyline, Legendary power armor, “Private world expansion”, 4 star legendaries.

I think private world expansion is probably gonna finally be mods. The real crazy mods could really only happen on a private world, plus it makes mods monetized for Bethesda which they love doing.

Bot that excited for all this. Except the brotherhood stuff. I think 2022 will be a big year for this game. As that’s when the Microsoft money will really get involved

11. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I was more interested in the alien stuff *finally* coming out, except that's not until winter and there's no mention of an actual storyline.

12. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yea. Also no mention of expansions which they mentioned last road map. The devs are doing an AMA on Reddit tomorrow so I am sure someone will ask there.

13. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Here is the AMA they answered a lot of questions

14. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I was replaying fallout new Vegas with some mods. And man out of any mod the mod I keep returning to is the New Vegas bounties series. Such great mods. It’s a shame someguy2000 has vanished off the face off modding and any social media for that matter. Really wish he was still modding. I don’t think any new Vegas mod can beat the someguy series

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So DLC leak for Fallout 76. They talked about expeditions a while ago. And it seems we know where the first one will take us. By the leaks it looks like the first one will be taking us back to DC.

blackmyron likes this.
  16. Ender Sai

Ender Sai Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2001
    If it's any consolation, Fallout got worse as it was available to consoles.

17. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    You like that gun, huh? Mod? £10 then. You want a red door for your shelter? £5. Other stuff? Sure, keep on paying.

I'm kind of amazed they haven't patched FO76's charging structure into FO4.

CT-867-5309 likes this.
  18. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    You're not aware of Creation Club? (Although it's been pretty much abandoned since the end of 2019).
    In any case, ESO has them beat because they charge for expansions to the base game and cosmetics.

19. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Aware of, yes but rarely use.

20. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Apparently, Creation Club is the subject of a lawsuit, in that Fallout 4's Season Pass claimed to include "all future DLC" but does not include any Creation Club material.
    Something tells me that Bethesda (which I doubt will actually be affected by the lawsuit) is pulling the plug on Creation Club, considering that it seems more trouble than it's worth and hasn't been updated in over a year.

21. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Oh boy, can't wait for a class action resolution email in three years entitling me to one (1) US $5 voucher for the Microsoft Store (exclusions may apply).

Last edited: Apr 14, 2021
    blackmyron likes this.
  22. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Bethesda gets sued every week.

23. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So it seems pretty obvious to me that the Enclave is gonna return now in Fallout 76. Wonder if this will allow for the first time ever for people to actually join the enclave.

24. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    I had thought (and maybe that was the original plan) that they were going to effectively have the players create the groups - i.e. commit to reforming the Knights, or working with MODUS to create a new Enclave, or decide to rebuild Appalachia as the Responders. I remember that in the early days, some of the players did, in fact, roleplay like that.

I don't know how soon they'll come back - but technically speaking, Black Rock is not far away at all, in southern Pennsylvania across the Maryland panhandle.

25. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    My feeling is that it’s soon. In one of the new daily ops I checked out an “unknown” force is planting devices to spy on the brotherhood. I mean when stories say unknown it almost certainly means a group we have dealt with before. And so our only real option is any of the existing factions in the game. And I think the Enclave is the best bet. Either way we’ll learn soon enough as they will release this in a few weeks on the PTS.