main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Amph Gaming "Okie dokie!" - Fallout

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Sep 29, 2014.

1. blackmyron

blackmyron Chosen One star 7

Oct 29, 2005
    Atom, called by some the "Russian Fallout" is another isometric post-apocalyptic game.
    The Metro series is also fun, although not open world.
    The Stalker games are open world, but not really 'post-apocalyptic' except on a very local scale.

2. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I have played Metro and the stalker series. I have heard of Atom but never got around to it. If I had to scale them it would be Fallout and Wasteland at the top. But I do also like Stalker and Metro for different reasons

blackmyron likes this.
  3. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So I hadn’t played fallout 76 in a while and turned it on only to find out it was being updated. Accept now the update is a record long run. And some people are starting to get worried that Bethesda has really bricked something. I am sure they have but could you imagine if they accidentally deleted all player data or something stupid. Honestly that would be a hilarious ****storm. But something has definitely gone wrong

4. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Looks like it was up again by 10 PM.

5. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Yep. But like double the record. Runout is they were switching servers from Amazon to Microsoft.

On a side note I saw someone on game with over level 5,000. It’s not impossible to have gotten that legit. But you would need to play like an hour a day and grind nothing but levels. Doesn’t sound all that fun.

6. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Nope. I hate grinding, which is why I won't be back until the next content update.

7. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Next one I heard comes in September unless they delay it.

the only reason I play it sometimes when there is no new story content is if my friends want to hop on. They like grinding so I don’t mind it so long as I get to talk to them while I do it.

anyway in other news their has been a few leaks from the fallout TV series. Nothing really story related. Just a few set photos

anyway spoilers

the set photos reveal basically nothing minus the fact that a vault will appear in the show and the brotherhood is also in the show.

I’ll definitely give the show a chance when it comes out. But seeing as it’s a video game adaptation and only like 3 good ones have ever existed I am not expecting much.

8. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    Yep, September is the next drop - returning to the Pitt. However, with a PC you can technically play it in advance on the test servers.

9. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So I was watching some video on Fallout and it’s really nailed home something I have thought for a while. There are far to many people in the fallout community who unironically think the Legion and the enclave are a good faction to support. Although I have a feeling this is more a problem with games in general that a lot of fascists play them.

10. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
    Same energy:

https://www.warhammer-community.com/2021/11/19/the-imperium-is-driven-by-hate-warhammer-is-not/

Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  11. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    I was thinking about warhammer when I was writing this. Great story just attracts a lot of the wrong people

dp4m likes this.
  12. blackmyron

Oct 29, 2005
    The irony is that FNV originally was going to highlight the "positive" aspects of the Legion more but decided against it, and people still love them.
    I do too, in the sense I love killing them.
    "Read this book, ******" - the last words Caesar hears on my playthrough

Ramza likes this.
  13. dp4m

dp4m Chosen One star 10

Nov 8, 2001
  14. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Have to admit I was expecting the F4 next gen version to be XB / PC only.

Cool that it isn't.

15. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Fallout 76 is finally getting rid of weapons that stopped letting drop in the world almost 4 years ago. And some people are going crazy. “What will I do if I can’t kill every enemy in the game in one second” the real kicker is so many people hundreds of thousands of dollars most likely have been sold of these OP weapons. And now it’s all worthless. Funniest **** I have seen in a while.

blackmyron likes this.
  16. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Fallout 76 is free PlayStation with one of the tiers at least that’s what I heard. A friend recently got it. It’s amazing. Most of the game at least the servers I am on are all low level players. It’s always great to help them out. Despite the games many flaws it has one of the kindest gaming communities I have seen. I have gotten so many free weapons just because people felt like it

Jedi Ben likes this.
  17. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Just as another aside. I am cautiously optimistic about the new tv show. I was watching a video about it and someone on the comments was going on about how they hope they don’t make it “woke” my guy if you don’t want woke your playing the wrong franchise.

Fallout has gay characters out the wazoo and one of its lead developers on the first game was gay.

it’s one of the only games I have seen at least a triple A game to have someone not go by she/his pronouns. (Happens in fallout 76)

the whole series is a warning against fascism and the excess of capitalism.

Fallout is woke as hell and I love the series for it.

dp4m likes this.
  18. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Hey it’s a surprise double XP weekend in fallout 76

19. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    So there was some leaks a week or so ago about the show which gave away the location of the show. And some more factions

Season 1 has wrapped filming there were a few people spotted on set with a very enclave looking outfit. Lastly the big one. On set an NCR flag was spotted confirming that the show is set on the west coast. Which was already guessed based on the vault numbers already leaked.

20. Jedi Knight Fett

Feb 18, 2014
    Chris Avallone has finally settled his sexual harassment allegations with the accusers have retracted it means he’ll probably get work again. And I have to hope that he doesn’t touch the west coast of the US again on a fallout game. Cause his ideal ending of Loansome road is everyone being nukes and the slate starting over again. And that’s incredibly boring. I like his games, but hopefully his time with the fallout franchise is at an end.

also if you want to read the retraction here it is

“Mr. Avellone never sexually abused either of us. We have no knowledge that he has ever sexually abused any women. We have no knowledge that Mr. Avellone has ever misused corporate funds. Anything we have previously said or written about Mr. Avellone to the contrary was not our intent. We wanted to support women in the industry. In so doing, our words have been misinterpreted to suggest specific allegations of misconduct that were neither expressed nor intended. We are passionate about the safety, security and agency of women, minorities, LGBTQIA+ persons, and every other community that has seen persecution in the video game industry. We believe Mr. Avellone shares a desire to protect and uplift those communities. We believe that he deserves a full return to the industry and support him in those endeavors.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2023
  21. Clone_Cmdr_Wedge

Clone_Cmdr_Wedge Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 18, 2006
  22. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I did not like the team's Westworld, so I'm not optimistic. It quickly devolved into pretentious nonsense. I fear the heart and brain will be missing, not only like Nolan/Joy's previous effort but like a big chunk of Bethesda's Fallout and Amazon's empty attempt at aping Peter Jackson's LotR films.

Anyway, I found the opening credits song.

Last edited: Nov 28, 2023
  23. Lord Vivec

Lord Vivec Chosen One star 9

Apr 17, 2006
    I rather enjoyed seasons 1 and 3 of westworld (season 2 and 4 less so).

24. Darth Guy

Darth Guy Chosen One star 10

Aug 16, 2002
    I started out liking season 1-- well, more found it intriguing-- and didn't like where it went. I quit at season 2, which I thought was a disaster.

25. FatBurt

FatBurt Sex Scarecrow Vanquisher star 6

Jul 21, 2003

Trailer has arrived.

looks like it could have potential

Jedimarine, Glitterstimm and Jedi Ben like this.