main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Gaming Fallout

Discussion in 'Community' started by Jedi Knight Fett, Sep 29, 2014.

1. Jedi Knight Fett

Jedi Knight Fett Chosen One star 10

Feb 18, 2014
    I am excited for this game.

Something I just learned is that this game is set in 2287. 10 years after fallout 3 and 5 years after fallout new vegas.

So with this information in mind I hope we get a reference to Vegas in game.

Palp Fiction likes this.
  2. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I'm picking up the 1TB Fallout 4 Xbox One bundle on Friday. Next weekend is gonna be so sweet!

TX-20, Reynar_Tedros and Jedi Ben like this.
  3. Darth_Invidious

Darth_Invidious Force Ghost star 6

Jun 21, 1999
    I'm broke as **** atm so this one will have to wait. Might as well wait for reviews to pour in and for Bethesda to patch any game breaking bugs while I wait.

4. Ramza

Ramza Administrator Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 13, 2008
    I'm actually pretty excited to endure the horrible Bethesda launch bugs as I've never been able to pick one of their games up early enough to experience them before now. It's a weird feeling.

TX-20 likes this.
  5. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    That's ok, I'm sure there'll be plenty of bugs left when I get it.

6. Vezner

Vezner Force Ghost star 5

Dec 29, 2001
    Interesting. I didn't know that NV took place after FO3. I should go take a look at a wiki I guess. :p

7. Jedi Ben

Jedi Ben Chosen One star 9

Jul 19, 1999
    Love that trailer.

I enjoyed F3 but every time I played it I could almost see my PS3 sweating its guts out as it ran it!

TX-20 likes this.
  8. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    While the reviews are positive across the board (Albeit with varying degrees of "It's good/great in spite of the bugs, which are comparable to Skyrim and Fallout 3."), one interesting thing I've noticed is that the reviewers received a copy of the PS4 version of the game, despite the fact that 1. it's a Bethesda title and 2. they were on MS's stage for part of E3. Presumably this will ultimately mean one console version won't be exceptionally buggier than another, which is a nice change of pace.

9. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    I just purchased a PS4 I got Witcher 3 -which is AMAZING- its already making me forget Skyrim-that I still haven't finished:p! I put $5 on StarWars battlefront but I'm leaning towards Fallout4 after hearing the reviews from avid Star Wars fans is a bit disconcerting.

Palp Fiction likes this.
  10. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    It is, isn't it?

EDIT: Copy's en route, hard to say when it'll turn up though.

Granek likes this.
  11. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Just finished pre-loading FO4. I'll probably mess around with the character creator before I go to sleep tonight and start tomorrow evening.

12. Darth-Lando

Darth-Lando Jedi Grand Master star 6

Aug 12, 2002
    I took tomorrow and Wednesday off work to play. I've had it preloaded since Friday but have to wait another... hour and 45 minutes to play.

[TomPetty]Waaaaaiting is the hardest part.[/TomPetty]

TX-20 likes this.
  13. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Based on Giant Bomb's quick look the settlement stuff is as Hearthfire on steroids as I suspected, and there's Donkey Kong.

When they find my body in a few weeks, I hope I've at least gotten a decent number of trophies.

Palp Fiction likes this.
  14. Point Given

Point Given Manager star 7 Staff Member Manager

Dec 12, 2006
    Gah, now I have to download some update for 30 minutes. I preloaded for a reason, Steam! Guess I'll start tomorrow evening then :/

15. Palp Fiction

Palp Fiction Jedi Master star 3

Feb 18, 2003
    As am I :cool:

16. timmoishere

timmoishere Force Ghost star 6

Jun 2, 2007
    I is jealous of those who get to play it tonight. Friday is so far away!

17. Deputy Rick Grimes

Deputy Rick Grimes Jedi Grand Master star 6

Sep 3, 2012
    Bought the game

18. Granek

Granek Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2012
    I just ordered Witcher 3 from game fly-for $10 less, its already been shipped. I'm returning my current Witcher and will purchase FO4 tonight.

19. Ramza

Jul 13, 2008
    Bethesda is following CDPR's model so closely I half-expect to open my copy when I get home and find some rad stickers. So yeah, here's a thank you letter:
    [​IMG]

Sure, it's a soulless corporate goodwill maneuver, but it still feels nice, like a gold star on a drawing or something.

Darth_Invidious and Jedi Ben like this.
  20. moosemousse

moosemousse CR Emeritus: FF-UK South star 6

Oct 3, 2004
    So, uh, it seems like they only measured iPhones and Galaxies when making the Pip-Boy. They made the hole the right size but they rounded off the internal corners so my phone just won't fit because it has corners that are more square. All this excitement about putting a phone in it and my phone doesn't fit. :_|

21. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    Not. Yet. Arrived.

Pre-Order guarantee of getting it on release day - my arse!

Going to have to return to using the Evil Empire instead.

22. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999
    TBH, I can think of far more wretched and soulless corporate beasts in the vidya game industry. Bethesda seems to play a far different ballgame than its competetion.

But their quality control, man...I mean, sometimes you get weird glitches that are usually lol worthy. But others that cause crashes where you lose hours of gameplay...much less so.

23. Zeta1127

Zeta1127 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Sep 2, 2012
    So you say the base building in Fallout 4 is Hearthfire on steroids, well that sounds interesting. One of these days I will give Fallout a try, and finish Skyrim with all of the DLC and start doing more specialized characters.

24. Jedi Ben

Jul 19, 1999
    No one finishes Skyrim Zeta.....

TX-20 and Ramza like this.
  25. Darth_Invidious

Jun 21, 1999

Well, I'm pretty sure I was done with it after taking down that cheap bastich Ebony Warrior. Afterwards my last Dragonborn retired to relative tranqulity in Hjallamarch Hall with Lydia and their adopted kids. :p

Point Given and Jedi Ben like this.