main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Choice Figure #4

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by B'omarr, May 3, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Hasbro's getting hacked again.

2. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    Did anyone actually buy one of the expanded universe vehicles when they were out?

I have the speeder bike thing because when I bought some figures at a local comic shop the clerk gave me a discount and just gave me the damn thing.

I remember feeling angry that they would make a cloud car that wasn't even in the movie but not a real one that was actually seen on screen.

The EU figures on the other hand were pretty cool because they were the main characters of the EU besides Spacetrooper, Emperor's sentinel and Darktrooper. If Nym came out I would buy him. But I will never buy the concept stuff. What possible use would it ever have. People could look at my collection and say "who's that I didn't see him in the movie".

3. Imrahil2001

Imrahil2001 Jedi Youngling star 1

Mar 28, 2002
    Personally, I'd far rather have "concept" stuff than made-up stuff. At least McQuarrie's designs are beautiful. Frankly, it'd be nice to see a "subset" line like the Action Fleet Series Alpha vehicles. Maybe 5-6 figures a year in that series. Picture the Artoo or Threepio from McQ's concept pictures--a walking jacknife and a Threepio that looks like he's from Metropolis. I'd buy those.

As far as EU? Don't make me laugh. If it wasn't in the movies, or scripted to be--I don't waste my money on it. Mara Jade indeed.

HOWEVER...as it stands...Rieekan needs your vote, people. He's a Hoth Rebel, who could look very cool (Hoth had the best uniforms of any of the movies). He's a Rebel general, of whom we have -none- in the current line. He had lines. He didn't lose--he exactly accomplished his objectives, as someone pointed out above. And he could be used as custom-fodder for other Hoth figures (Derlin anyone?).

Imperial dignitary? Another guy in robes? Yawneroo. Besides, he exists as a vintage. Go find that one.

Go Rieekan!

4. Imrahil2001

Mar 28, 2002
    Well, it's all said and done. Final results:

General Rieekan : 25%
    Nym - Expanded Universe: 11%
    Rebel Soldier in Scout Trooper Disguise: 6%
    Imperial Dignitary: 24%
    Stormtrooper - McQuarrie Concept Design : 34%

I personally think this is a damn shame. Passing on real figures to make concept ones. Oh well.

Ims

5. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    :( This does kind of suck. I personally won't be buying this figure. Just like I passed on Cold Weather Obi Wan, Jedi training Qui Gon, and the apprentice Darth Maul.

I don't need Hasbro to make me a stormtrooper with a lightsaber, I can do that on my own. Oh well.

6. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Man, I was really looking forward to a new Imperial Dignitary figure... :(

7. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    :D :D :D :D

I'm very happy

8. ReaperFett

ReaperFett Jedi Knight star 6

Dec 9, 1999
    Well, it's one less figure to buy

9. Obi-Wan's Apparition

Obi-Wan's Apparition Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jan 10, 2000
    Agreed. [face_plain] That was the one out of all of the choices that I thought was not needed at all. [face_plain] Oh well.

10. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    :mad:
    I wanted my Rieekan.

11. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    Booooooooo! I agree, one less figure to buy. I bought the conecpt art Maul, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon figures but this, no way hombre.

12. CHEWIESVET

CHEWIESVET Jedi Youngling star 1

May 16, 2002
    It's the same old thing - a bunch of good choices for a new figure and we only get one of them to go along with the 40 remolds of Anakin that'll be out this year.

13. KitFist0

KitFist0 Jedi Master star 4

Nov 10, 2001
    We always get crappy figures anyway . . . so i say boycote the next vote

14. nethanial

nethanial Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 10, 2000
    I think its kind of cool that we get a concept art toy.
    As for the other four that missed, well its the same old, Even Peill and Yarael Poof both missed out and im beginning to wonder if we'll ever see those figues as opposed to Hasbro releasing a Teemto.
    He lost and got made, *pour on the sarcam*, i cant wait till the day i see him on a shelf, "finally they made a Teemto, im so happy to have him, who would ever need any Jedi Council or Generals for that matter???!!!!"
    Cheers,
    N

15. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    Isn't it essentially a Stormie witha lightsaber and shield?

:-\

16. Imrahil2001

Mar 28, 2002
    It is.

It might be silver too, and have a slightly different helmet.

17. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    I think its cool, it was a lot more interesting than the other choices.
    And its not the same as getting a stormtrooper and just putting a lightsaber in his hand, its quite a bit different actually.

18. Darth_Reign

Darth_Reign Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 7, 2001
    There is a bright side to this. Although the concept stormtrooper is lame it could lead to a concept art shogun like Vader. Which I know I will buy.

As for the Stormtrooper boooooooo!!!

19. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    So when is this one supposed to come out??

20. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    I don't know exactly when it's coming out, but Hasbro recently put up an update on how the figure's coming along. You can check it out here

21. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
    //drool

I don't care if everyone else hates it. This figure is just sweet. :)

22. Grey

Grey Jedi Youngling star 2

Sep 25, 2002
    I agree with amidala - I think this is going to be an awesome figure, I can't wait.

Don't you guys think Hasbro will make every person/creature/thing that was in the movie anyways? I mean after EP3 there will be no new figures to make. So i predict that after EP3 dies down they will be making these lesser known characters or they may be included them in with the EP3 line as they are doing now with the Saga line.

Hope that makes sense

23. Thena

Thena Chosen One star 7

May 10, 2001
    Redinger also tells us that "a new and different process is being used on this figure in regards to the lightsaber. In order to get a realistic lightsaber effect, the clear blue color will be have an insert molded glow-in-the-dark core. If you notice in the movies, the lightsaber effects show a hot white blade with the color of the lightsaber blade emanating on the edges. This is a totally new and innovative approach to the manufacture of the lightsaber, in order to give it a realistic look."

That sounds great -- too bad they couldn't have done it from the start of the Saga line... :(

24. Amidala Starkiller

Dec 11, 1999
  25. XR73627794

XR73627794 Jedi Master star 4

Jan 12, 2002
    This is looking to be the best fan choice figure so far. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.