main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Choice Figure #5

Discussion in 'Collecting' started by WOOKIE_FEET, Dec 23, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. ThePostman

ThePostman Jedi Padawan star 4

May 19, 2002
    Cool Thats cool that they decided to make both...now come on with that Even Piell Hasbro!

2. B'omarr

B'omarr Jedi Master star 6

Apr 7, 2000
    Yes. We got two good winners this time! Now it will only be 14+ months until I ever see one. :D

3. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
  4. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 19, 2000
    Big thumbs up to Hasbro for this, I just wish they'd have done it for earlier fan polls as I seem to remember Amanaman and Poof being quite close in poll #2... :(

5. JediMasterGuff

JediMasterGuff Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 18, 2002
    Do you think they'll both be labled as Fan Choice, or just Antilles?

6. Sithman

Sithman Jedi Grand Master star 7

Jul 6, 1999
    "...as I seem to remember Amanaman and Poof being quite close in poll #2."

But Amanaman was leading at the end, but Poof lost, right?

I want Poof, not leads!

:D

7. JediOverlord

JediOverlord Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 28, 2000
    Man,I'm glad Captain Antilles won,as well as Dodonna,for those who wanted him.

8. NiktosRule

NiktosRule Jedi Padawan star 4

May 8, 2001
    I so mad when I saw that Antilles won because when I saw the winner on SirSteves it didn't mention Dodonna getting made as well. I was quite glad when I saw it on the Hasbro site.

Now if only poll #4 hadn't been such a joke we might have Rieekan as well. Stupid Concept Art Stormtrooper. I will hate that decision as long as I live.

9. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Apr 19, 2000
    Sithman - If I remember correctly Poof was in the lead for most the poll, but Amanaman overtook Yarael in the last few days. I don't remember the exact closing numbers, but I do recall reading a story about cheating taking place and people 'stuffing the ballot box' for Amanaman at one of the SW news sites. Also, I don't know if anyone else here remembers this or not, but wasn't figure poll number #2 closed for a few days because of problems cheating? I could have sworn it was... ?[face_plain]

Oh well, Amanaman was my second choice anyway, plus I'd rather have a Yarael Poof done by today's Saga standers over those of Hasbro figures a few years back. Let's just hope we finally see him in one of those Jedi packs this year. :D

10. LetoQuorme

LetoQuorme Mos Alba FF Chapter Rep star 4

Nov 11, 2001
    Neck, I think it was Poll #3 that was closed for a couple of days cause of the cheating. Ephant Mon was in the lead for a while, and then suddenly the Twi'lek massuse took a commanding lead. Turned out someone was stuffing the ballot box in favor of her, so they corrected the problem, and Ephant won. Now, whether they're gonna release him or not is still a mystery, cause I still haven't found him... ;)

11. Mr.Neck or Yarael Poof

Apr 19, 2000
    Was it poll #3? Ok then, I knew it was one of them... [face_blush]

12. Ret

Ret Jedi Grand Master star 6

Dec 17, 1999
    "Now if only poll #4 hadn't been such a joke we might have Rieekan as well. Stupid Concept Art Stormtrooper. I will hate that decision as long as I live. "

I second that motion.

13. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Hey, that concept stormtrooper was just as valid a choice as any extended universe character. And in some senses, it is a lot cooler, IMHO.

14. Orange_Sith

Orange_Sith Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2002
    i liek the concept stormtrooper as well, though i am dissapointed general antilles won, i would have liked the wookie senator

15. robertyodarugenstein

robertyodarugenstein Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 9, 2002
    Let's hope that they pack them one per case and with a bunch of peg warrmers that never sell like Ephont Mon. ;)

16. NiktosRule

May 8, 2001
    The concept Stormtrooper is just as valid as any other EU choice but the only other EU choice we've had was Nym in the same poll and he didn't win. EU characters have no place winning over movie characters and I can't believe people vote for them.

Although at least EU characters appear in comics, the stormtrooper is only concept art so he is probably less valid.

17. royalguard96

royalguard96 Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 13, 2001
    "Now if only poll #4 hadn't been such a joke we might have Rieekan as well. Stupid Concept Art Stormtrooper. I will hate that decision as long as I live. "

I will third that motion. Don't get me wrong, I love Ralph McQuarrie's work, and believe he was very instrumental in the success of Star Wars. But I would much rather have an on-screen character, even someone as obscure as Poof ;)

I thought it was very cool of Hasbro to go ahead and make Antilles and Dodonna. I knew one of these two would win, because of the high regard ANH is held in. Hopefully they will come separately carded with some nice accessories and not thrown together as a two-pack.

18. Amidala Starkiller

Amidala Starkiller Jedi Master star 6

Dec 11, 1999
    I'm very happy the concept stormtrooper won :D

I can't wait to get a few of them. :)

Now if the would just make a Rabe, Depa Billaba, Even Piell, Yarael Poof, Oppo Rancisis, and Yaddle :(

19. NiktosRule

May 8, 2001
    "Now if the would just make a Rabe, Depa Billaba, Even Piell, Yarael Poof, Oppo Rancisis, and Yaddle"

I would love to get them especially Oppo and Depa. I don't need Rabe or Yaddle anytime soon though.

20. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
    I want...

[image=http://www.crab.rutgers.edu/~goertzel/poof.JPG]

21. KitFisto777

KitFisto777 Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 3, 2002
    Sithman, I'm confused. You want Econometrics? What movie was he in?

22. Sithman

Jul 6, 1999
  23. PhantomMenace

PhantomMenace Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 20, 2001
    Since two figures won, will they be labeled as Fan Choices #5 and #6? Or will they both be #5? I'm confused.

24. JediJunkie247

JediJunkie247 Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 24, 2002
    Maybe one will be Fan choice #5 and the other will be Fan choice #5 1/2.

25. NiktosRule

May 8, 2001
    I don't think Dodonna will be labeled as a fans choice since he techinically did not win.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.