main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Fic: What's good about it?

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by MariahJade2, Jul 15, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    I just love the escape it gives me from real life. I deal with pompous doctors all day so being able to let my mind go in a totally different direction for a while is great. Reading, and writing fanfics is a total stress releiver for me.

2. flowerbee

flowerbee Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 29, 2004
    I like an interesting character that I can feel for. If an author can make me cry, or cheer, or laugh out loud, they have done a good job.

3. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    What I love most about fanfiction is how so many different directions are explored and elaborated on, much more so on than in the movies or the books. You find these fascinating little quirks in characters, and you get to see authors explore all sorts of "what might have been"s. What would have happened if Padmé had lived, or if Leia had been the one raised on Tatoinne? Or if Anakin had conquered his fall to the darkness?

Most of all, you are shown someone else's view of the same incident, and you can grow from that.

But I just love reading :p

~LtJS @};-

4. 1Yodimus_Prime

1Yodimus_Prime Jedi Master star 4

Mar 13, 2004
    I like stories that focus on original characters who don't necessarily take part in shaping the fabric of the whole galaxy.
    There's something like 2 trillion people on Coruscant alone (1000billion to the European readers). Include the huge numbers found throughout the rest of the galaxy and you start wondering why everything is happening to these seven or so specific people.

Beyond that, i think fan fiction is a great way to polish up one's writing skills without having to deal with making up a world or a history. It's a nice way to jump right in and try it out.

5. red rose knight

red rose knight Jedi Grand Master star 4

Sep 3, 2001
    The escape, both in reading and writing. I love to be able to step away from the stress and junk of everyday life and step into a totally different world.

It is a good way to experiment with writing styles and techniques. To just play around and have fun with it.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.