main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Fiction Newsletter 1

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Kettch_the_Jedi, Mar 11, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Kettch_the_Jedi

Kettch_the_Jedi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 22, 2002

Fan Fiction Review Newsletter 1

Welcome to the first edition of the Fan Fiction Review Newsletter. This is a smaller, trial edition to determine the interest in this idea. If you have any comments, suggestions, or ideas about the newsletter, post it here.

Ratings: The order of the ratings are: Poor, Fair, Good, Very Good, Excellent, Amazing.

New Fan Fictions

Title: Fight the Tide
    Author:RogueSticks
    Era: OT
    Summary: Han, Leia, Luke and Chewbacca interact and go on a mission that takes place during the OT. Slightly romantic.
    Number of Reviewers: 1
    Rating: Very Good
    Comments: Reads nicely and is very interesting. Adds to the OT. I really enjoyed the Han/Leia interaction.
    Quotes: ?I could take C-3PO,? she suggested quietly. In truth, she could handle either mission and she didn?t want to seem like she was being childish, but, she would prefer not flying with Captain Solo. He had a habit of bringing out the worst traits in her personality.

Title: Lost Knght

Author: The_Face
    Era: Clone Wars
    Summary: After a battle against four cyborgs, a young man wakes up on a world unknown to him only to discover that several months have gone by. Although he believes he is a Jedi, the other Jedi, including Yoda, do not recognize him or seem even to have heard of him. He embarks on a quest to find out the answers.
    Number of Reviewers: 2
    Rating: Fair
    Comments: An interesting take on the Clone Wars. A very intriguing read but not too many details and was a little confusing at first. It contains some light humor.
    Quotes: Blenn gave him an evaluative look. "Without Blenn Jasta, master Jedi, combat expert, and beautiful colleague? I think not." Aerrcho finally grinned.

Title: The Dance of War

Author: Sara_Kenobi
    Era: ANH AU
    Summary: See Comments
    Comments: This story is about Leia and Luke living with Padme and Bail Organa. Luke with Bail on Alderaan and Padme with Leia on Naboo. It is an interesting concept, that being instead of Alderaan being blown up, Naboo is blown up and that is how Vader finds out Leia is his daughter. The writing is done very well and there is some good detail. I thought it was a very good read and I will follow the story if Sara_Kenobi chooses to update and continue it, which I'm sure she will.
    Quotes: Leia could feel the mind controlling drugs fighting to take control of her system. Somewhere off in the distance, she could hear someone speaking to her. They wanted to know where the Rebel Base was.
    She opened her mouth to speak, but no words would come.
    All she could hear was her scream.

Older Fan Fictions

Title: Life Long Friends

Author: Padawan_Jess_Kenobi
    Era: JA AU
    Summary: The story relates the growing friendship between Qui-Gon Jinn, fifteen year old Xanatos and seven year old Obi-Wan Kenobi. The plot thickens further as an assasination attempt on the two boys and the danger heightens.
    Comments: I am very impressed with this WIP by Padawan Jess Kenobi. It offers a new perspective of seeing Xanatos, Obi-Wan, and Qui-Gon all together in the same timperiod. It's a refreshing change to prequel era fiction. All we can do for now is wait for the next posts.
    Quotes:

Locked Fan Fictions

Title: [link=http://boar

2. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    Comment on plot bunny number one: The logical explanation is that the Death Star was not capable of destroying a gas giant, which, after all, would take far more energy than destroying an Earth-sized planet.

3. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    I like that third plot bunny. Just the kind of thing I like. Don't know if I could do it justice, though.

This is a really good idea!

4. tintin_milou

tintin_milou Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 11, 2002
    This newsletter is the best addition on the fanfic forum. I am a reader and the review information listed here: ratings, plots and summaries will help me decide on what to read.

I want to acknowledge the hard work done by all the volunteers, and hope that the newsletter will have a very long and productive live.

-Tintin

PS I have a suggestion - in several reviews, it was hinted that the reviewed stories have not been completed. Could that fact be listed near the top? Thanks.

5. Lady_Moonbeam

Lady_Moonbeam Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 4, 2002
    I love this idea--it's really great. The showcasing also helps new stories get more readers than they might normally.

When will the next newsletter come out?

6. rogue11lovesjag

rogue11lovesjag Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 13, 2002
    There's a discussion on black holes going on in the lit forum right now. Here's the link: Black Hole Thread.. I've added to it, as the resident physics major. :D

~Rogue

7. freak-pudding

freak-pudding Jedi Master star 4

Dec 29, 2002
    Wow, that was great, Kettch! I'm so glad you linked the Challenge Thread!

8. Lady__Skywalker

Lady__Skywalker Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 22, 2002
    Good job! That second plot bunny sounds intriguing. No.....can't.......write.......anymore..........ahhhhh!!!!!!!

9. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    Jeff 42
    Glad you liked the plotbunnies.

EmilieDarklighter
    Thanks, glad you like it.

tinitn_milou
    Thank you so much. :) I am glad that you liked it. And, thanks for the acknowledgement. Also, I will try to incorporate your suggestion into the next newsletter; thanks for the input.

Lady_Moonbeam
    Thanks. The next newsletter will come out in a few weeks, whenever I get enough reviews back from those volunteering to review.

10. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Thanks for the ad! :p

11. Amidala_Skywalker

Amidala_Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 4, 2001
    Great work done by all. This idea is a lovely addition to the ever-changing fanfiction boards :).

Am [face_love]

12. Kettch_the_Jedi

Nov 22, 2002
    rogue11lovesjag
    :)

freak-pudding
    Glad you liked it. I will put in at least two interesting links in each newsletter.

Lady_Skywalker
    Thanks, and I know how you feel about the plot bunnies: they are evil.

13. Ornen

Ornen Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 22, 2003
    Excellent work.

14. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Thanks for the ad. Great newsletter. ;)

15. Mystic_Ally

Mystic_Ally Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 18, 2003
    Wow, what a GREAT idea! This is just what the JC needed! FOr all us busy people who are constantly looking for new fan fiction to read, this will save a lot of time and (not to mention more reading time :D ). Totally looking foward to the next edition :)

16. Jaded Skywalker

Jaded Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 24, 1999
    Wow, awesome idea and very well done. I love the variation. Keep it up guys!

17. Princess1

Princess1 Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 3, 2001
    Great job, hey cool, you did one of Sara's stories! :D

18. Lt_Jaina_Solo

Lt_Jaina_Solo Jedi Knight star 5

May 27, 2002
    It is thought by scientists that black holes create a funnel in the fabric of space time that, when traveled around at high speeds, can actually move a person back in time, not like in pop-culture, but only by a matter of seconds.

sounds like something i've started writing...only a little different...the character goes back six years...to an alternate universe... (no, it's not up yet, so don't ask ;)) just kidding...

this is cool...can't wait to see more!

19. TheBiggerFish

TheBiggerFish Jedi Master star 4

Mar 26, 2001
    AHA! So this is what the newsletter is! I went to the poll and went searching and here it is!

I like the plot bunnies, if nothing else, I'll have interesting dreams tonight. :p

20. Siri_Ruane

Siri_Ruane Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 13, 2003
    So this is the newsletter. Nice.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.