main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Fiction Newsletter: Edition XIII, February 2005

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by FF_Newsletter_Editor, Feb 12, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    VaderLVR? Is she? Okay. :D

Thanks for all the kind words. The ad was my favorite part, too. I'm particularly fond of Mace's quote. :p

2. djcati

djcati Jedi Master star 4

Mar 20, 2004
    Dude! Wow. Thank you so much!

*runs around for a while before tripping over a stuffed Ewok* Damn it, I shouldn't have to tell a grown man to clean up his toys...

Hehe, great newsletter, as usual. ^_^

3. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    A hearty thank you to Jade for the mention. It's so much less stress to know others are thinking of you, really it is. With the abnormally long wait on finding out when my surgery is it's nice to know others think of you.

Update: Well, still waiting for word on when the surgery is. I was told two weeks ago I would know in 7-10 days and it's way past that. At the end of last week I was told I should know sometime at the beginning of this week so let's cross our fingers and hope to the Force (and God) that I finally know. To be completely honest, the pain has gotten way high and I'm constantly living on painpills just to function (and by 'function' I mean breathing and sitting up for a few minutes). On a painscale of 1-10 my constant pain is around 11-13, depending on day to day, and the spikes of pain are around 14-15. Let us all hope that the surgery date is given soon and that the actual date is very soon. For those who want to be kept informed more, PM and I will keep a list as I am not on the boards often now since all I have is a pc and I can't lug the thing in and out of the living room where I stay propped. (Layren is selling me her laptop so hopefully soon that too will change.)

Again, thanks for the thoughts. They are very much appreciated!

-Durhelediel, living one day at a time

4. VaderLVR64

VaderLVR64 Manager Emeritus star 8 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 5, 2004
    Damn it, I shouldn't have to tell a grown man to clean up his toys...

Yeah, that sort of goes with the territory! [face_laugh] But at least it's an Ewok and not some STUPID stuffed animal.

5. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Great job with the newsletter, Jade. And thanks for mentioning my story in the reviews. :)

EDIT I just read solojone's post and realised that I don't have the faintest idea how the reviewing in the Newsletter works. Nominate? Can someone explain please? :)

Anyway, thanks a lot to whomever took the time to give such a detailed review. :)

6. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    Woah :eek: I haven't read all of the newsletter yet because I was just shocked to see A Master's Legacy reviewed. Thank you to whoever took the time to read all of that. I am especially greatful for the honest feedback. I'm of the opinion that Episodes I and II of the SotC series pretty much suck :p So having some specific critique helps. It's especially good because, unlike my so kind readers, anonymous reviewers don't feel obligated to sacrifice helpful commentary for the sake of being nice.

And... reciprocal? I honestly know the word, I just really can't spell [face_laugh] Thanks for pointing that out.

I plan on condensing and clarifying a lot. Good to know what works and what didn't. I've kind of learned that myself in the process of writing, too- Episode III is so much better.

Honestly, I am very thankful for that. Thanks to whomever nominated it, too :) But truly, thank to the reviewers. I'm amazed you didn't fall asleep as I know I tend to be long winded and boring :p Hopefully I can get better, though.

-sj loves kevin spacey

7. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    Great interview, Lex.

Wonderful job on the Newsletter overall. =D=

8. JadeSolo

JadeSolo Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 20, 2002
    Indra - If you want to see your or someone else's story reviewed, just PM the Newsletter sock. :)

9. Indra

Indra Jedi Master star 3

Dec 31, 2003
    Thanks, Jade. :) Didn't know that. And I'm glad that you wrote. I was starting to think there's nobody on the boards tonight. They seem eerily silent.

10. Handmaiden Yané

Handmaiden Yané Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 15, 2002
    Haha, this was indeed a long wait. ;) But well worth it, I say. :)

If you need another reviewer for the March issue, I'm always available.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.