main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Fiction Recommendation Service: Recs needed for Rogues with Jaina; & Jawa stories

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by _Derisa_Ollamhin_, Oct 8, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. solojones

solojones Chosen One star 10

Sep 27, 2000
    A member of my Fanforce is looking for a fic set between ANH and ESB featuring and Imperial OC.

Well this story is about H/L/L but also an Imperial OC they run across and ... yeah, I don't know how to explain very well :p It's from back in 2000-2001

High Treason

And I think the OC becomes even more important in the sequel Fate's Hand

Wow, well, sorry I don't have any stories to suggest that aren't my own. I haven't read that time period in a while.

-sj loves kevin spacey

2. Princss_of_The_Jedi

Princss_of_The_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2004
    I have been dying for a storie in the NJO era about Jania and Rouges. You hear in the NJO books that she's their golden child and their protective of her but they've never written a story about it.

She did grow up with a lot of the old and new rouges;Wedge Wes Hobbie Tycho Gavin..., and a lot of generals and other pilots like, Bel Iblis Akbar and Face. So you think they would be like uncles to her. Not playing favoritisms with her of course, but u know...

That would be a great story line, so come on people get to writing pleassse!

3. Shaindl

Shaindl Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Hi Derisa,

For early Jedi stories, I haven't found one better than Red Rose Knight's Tale of a Jedi. WOnderfully drawn characters and incredible imagery.

She's writing them as a set of volumes. The link above is for Volume 1. Here's Volume 2.

Hope that helps!

Shaindl

4. Mistress_Renata

Mistress_Renata Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 9, 2000
    Another good resource for people to be aware of. Looking for something to read? Ask in here...

5. R2D1000

R2D1000 Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 15, 2003
    These are stories in progress, but here are the story outlines-

Jango Fett : RESURRECTION

post AOTC, a young 10 year old clone in the Kamino facility has memories of a past life...of being a bounty hunter...of being killed by a Jedi...

Jango Fett : RESURRECTION

Angel of the Sands

The romance of Owen Lars and Beru Whitesun

set two years before AOTC

Angel of the Sands

6. Princss_of_The_Jedi

Princss_of_The_Jedi Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 8, 2004
    still no Jaina and rougue stories?

*sob*

7. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

_Derisa_Ollamhin_ Jedi Master star 4

Jul 31, 2000
    I';m sure there are some out there, but maybe they are shy and quiet types of storie, who don't like to make a big deal of themselves.

At any rate, I've had another request as well: Luke/Mara stories about how they got together.

Please post your linkage here so I can have a read through and forwrad on those my requestor would most like to read!

Thanks!

*Derisa*

8. ThePariah

ThePariah Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 24, 2003
    Well, I have two moldies that might suffice: :p

Completion--a pre-NJO first-person Mara viggie dealing with her coming to terms with her new relationhip...

...and Maiden Voyage--a lighter romantic piece about a special something Mara receives from Luke.

9. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Derisa, any preference on whether those L/M stories are canon-compatible or AU? If AU is okay, your requestor might like the following stories:

My own short story Infinite Possibilities is set a few months after The Last Command and focuses on Luke and Mara's relationship. obaona has a lovely series of vignettes about the progression of Luke and Mara's relationship: The Temperature Series starts with Cold Front; the links to the rest of the vignettes are in that thread. If your requestor is interested in longer fics, Jedi-2B's trilogy Journey of Discovery (consisting of Pendulum, Pledge, and Prism) is wonderful. LadyPadme's stories The Jade Prophecy and the in progress A Phoenix From the Ashes also have a great Luke/Mara plotline, although the story arc has much more to it than only L/M. :)

I know there are many more great L/M stories out there, but it's late and that's all I can think of right at the moment. [face_blush]

10. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    Wow! Thanks, Gabri. I will have a look at these and link them on to the requestor. I knew there'd be a lot of great response to this request, as they are such a popular 'ship. :) If you think of any more, please link them here. :)

Thanks!

*Derisa*

11. _Derisa_Ollamhin_

Jul 31, 2000
    There was a recent request for stories about that most neglected of SW species, the Jawas. Anyone have any stories, of any length to recommend to this reader?

Thanks in advance!

*Derisa*

12. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    still no Jaina and rougue stories?

I would say Evasion for Inyri Forge. It's a locked topic now because it was finished awhile but worth a read.

~aeryn

13. Alethia

Alethia Jedi Master star 5

Feb 13, 2005
    Ooh...interesting thread. Great idea.

14. Jade-Walker

Jade-Walker Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 21, 2002
    I'd like some more Rogue/Wraith stories.
    I loved the ones by Inyri Forge--awesome! And I am reading the Manturian Affair by Tahi which is really good.
    But I need more!

15. Myri_Antilles

Myri_Antilles Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2004
    There are a ton of Rogue and Wraith fics here, Jade-Walker. :) It's slightly out of date, but I'm hoping to rectify that soon. :)

16. OmnipotentSeal

OmnipotentSeal Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 15, 2005
    I don't know if either of these count, but I've been writing fics about OC clones and Imperials after the Clone Wars, specifically within the 19 years between the Battle of Coruscant and the Battle of Yavin. One could say, its become my niche, since nobody else is writing about the beginnings of the Empire, the Jedi Purges, and what happened to the clones.

The Last of the Sorcerors- which features an unnamed Imperial Lieutenant Commander's thoughts as he watches the last twenty Jedi be executed

Yellow- An Excerpt from The Life of Lord Octavius Nyro- a fictional excerpt from the manifesto/biography of the Clone Militia's leader, Lord Octavius Nyro

Lexicon- A Clone Trooper's Tale- a fanfic about the clone trooper, Thirteen's life after Clone Wars and how even as a grunt he managed to gain independence.

17. palpyisgod2

palpyisgod2 Jedi Master star 2

Aug 7, 2005

I'm looking for the most gruesome, painful, PG rated torture fics in the place.

please post them on this thread, because I need inspiration, and REALLY like torture.

please let them involve PT and OT characters.

I don't really like OC's, I'm more of a Regular character girl, and Please stay away from Beyond the Saga.

Before the Saga and Saga are fine.

Thanks!

18. shannonohara

shannonohara Jedi Youngling

Jul 4, 2005
    Im sort of new here, I keep going around in circles. I want H/L romantic, angst filled drama, the sappier the better....help me out guys. Where can I go to get the best of the best.

19. Tzigone

Tzigone Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2006
    I'm looking for fic recs, and was pointed to this thread.

Don't mind OCs, but don't want them to be the primary characters in the fic - as part of an ensemble is fine.

I'd like recs for various AUs for the prequel trilogy - but only ones where Anakin doesn't fall. The divergence should be no later than when Windu dies. After that it's not so much an "Anakin doesn't fall" as "Anakin is redeemed" fic. I'm especially interested in ones wherein Bail or Obi-Wan or someone discovers Anakin and Padme's relationship or her pregnancy, but don't want ones that say "yes, I knew all along - it was obvious" (they just aren't as much fun to me). I'd also be interested in fics wherein Padme and Anakin saw a lot of each other between TPM and AOTC. I'm good with fics where Qui-Gon didn't die, but I would prefer fics wherein everything up to that point is the same (and I'm fine with him being an active part of the story even after death). Not interested in fics where Anakin and Padme's age difference is smaller or they have different backgrounds than those in the movies. Perhaps it would be better to say I'd like "what-ifs" - the characters should basically be the same. I'm not interested in ones where an Obi-Wan romance plays a big role, unless he fights it tooth and nail.

I would like fics set between TPM and AOTC that really emphasize and how Anakin and Obi-Wan just don't communicate and how each feels about the other and how inadequate Anakin feels at times and how hard taking on a padawan is Obi-Wan, etc. Even action fics with these elements would be nice.

Also, it would be interesting to see the difference in how Obi-Wan thinks of Anakin as a brother, but Anakin thinks of Obi-Wan as a father - Obi-Wan coming to this realization (and really thinking about what it means) would be great. Any timeframe is good for this.

I'd love fics wherein Bail or Owen watch Leia/Luke or think on how they ended up here. I like both guys, though, so no villifiation of them for me. Actually, any good fics that feature Bail or Mon Mothma would be nice.

I'd love crossover fic between the Original Trilogy and the Prequel Trilogy.

Any fics dealing with Luke/Leia/Han or any combination thereof right after ROTJ talking about Luke and Leia being siblings or Vader as their father.

I'd also like fic wherein Luke and Leia learn more about their parents and such. Just so long as it isn't NJO. Ideally, it'd be set before Anakin Solo was born.

Also, any good "missing moments" fiction from any of the movies.

20. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Anything by LadyPadme would fit that bill.

Try Darth_Lex's stuff. The Chosen Future would satisfy your requirement, and then there is a whole trilogy beyond the AU lightside ending of ROTS.

21. Tzigone

Tzigone Jedi Youngling

Feb 21, 2006
    Thanks TKeira_Lea

22. Jade_Max

Jade_Max Jedi Grand Master star 5

Jun 28, 2002

Try the stuff by CarrKicksDoor if you've not tried them yet.

Her Current short story trilogy is absoloutely mangnificent. Latest installment:

An Affair To Forget is the third in the trilogy, but read Doppleganger and Unfit for a Normal life too..

The links to the rest are in her profile...

23. Pyxelle

Pyxelle Jedi Youngling star 1

May 30, 2005
    I've got a few recommendations.

Accession by Jedi trace is a fantastic Dark Luke story, but also an amazing Luke/Mara story.

The Shadow of Vader is another fantastic Dark Side story, by Darth Vastor. This one details the fall of Obi-Wan Kenobi (set during the RotS) and actually manages to make it plausible!

Shadows of the Sun and its vignette prequel Lost are not only amazingly written Dark Side fics, but also cross prequel/original trilogy material...Anakin wins the fight on Mustafar and claims his children as his own, and they are raised as Sith. Extremely EXTREMELY well written.

The Mills of the Dark by Furrylittlebantha is a terrific little Han/DarkLuke vignette that is very well done as well.

Be it ever so humble, my own major story applies to a few of these categories as well. The Souls of Demons is a RotJ AU in which Luke falls to the Dark side at the end of RotJ, but Darth Vader finds he is horrified at the monster he has created out of his son. It crosses trilogies (due to Vaderkin eventually becoming suitless, as well as interaction with many prequel characters through flashbacks and dreams) and the sister/brother/father bond is extraordinarily important. Not to mention, of course, that it is a Sithly story. For the record, too (ego steps in) on Jedi.Net (not here, I'm newish to this fanfic board :) ) it won Best Story, Best SW Story, Most Villainous Character (Luke), Best Au, Best Drama and was nominated for four different characters in "Most Closely Resembling the Original Character." FWIW. :)

But in any case, the other fics are well worth checking out.

Pyxelle

24. leandrastar2000

leandrastar2000 Jedi Youngling star 2

May 6, 2004
    Hey out there. I am a rabid fan of the Kyp/Jaina pairing and the Jacen/Tahiri pairing and I love to read stories about them. There are some very good ones on this sight, but I would like to know if anyone can suggest any other sights for these two pairings.

I would like to know about any sight, but especially about any sights that host more "Adult" stories for these pairings. I know you can't post any "Adult" content sights on this thread, so anyone with a suggestion there, send me a PM or send me an email at leandrastar2000@yahoo.com.

I would be grateful for and appreciate individual story suggestions or website suggestions.

BTW, I like Luke/Mara also, but right now am obsessed with the above.

Please help a stressed out, not enough time on her hands for enjoyment, pathetic woman that I am at this time. I have done some internet searches in what little spare time that I have, but seem to always come up against a wall or the ones I find are not very good.

All help greatly appreciated and I will shut up know befor ya'll think be insane.

25. Chilla

Chilla Jedi Master star 4

Jul 30, 2005
    For Kyp/Jaina you can check my fic: Not the Time to Cry
    It's a romance, but also has some angst, action and a bit humor. But you won't find "adult" things there and it's not finished yet.

There's also Like the deserts miss the Rain by DantanaSkywalker. It has a charmant, dark Kyp in it; I can promise you'll be already drooling after the first chapters. Unfortunatly it's also not finished.

For non-human fics:
    Little songfic by me, written for the songfic roulette challenge: Bad Monn Rising
    An OC Ithorian witnesses the destruction of his world.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.