main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Orlando, FL Fan Film Ideas - Let's Try This Again

Discussion in 'SouthEast Regional Discussion' started by AceHoly, Mar 13, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jorda_Fett

Jorda_Fett Jedi Master star 1

Apr 27, 2002
    fudg i dont own a sw costume!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2. askywalker98

askywalker98 Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 18, 2003
    This thread kind of died, is anyone going 2 do this fanfilm, i'm still willing to help, but it seems that a few of our fellow star wars have moved on2 newer, more stronger threads. This thread had somethign going, i'm just here to act if u need me, we have enough people for the whole thing, what more could we ask for?

About the fanfilm, I know everyone wants to see themselves holding a big flashey lightsaber with the glowing color of their chioce, but there is enough fanfilms with more saber-time than actual acting, sabers are cool, and all, but not everyone needs 2 have 1. not everyone can b a jedi. that is something everyone should realize. there are more than jedi parts 2 be played. and those parts are for the kung-fu choreographer people.

The way I see it, we need atleast 3-4 different divions of people (all can be actors).

1. Well, you have your script writers, looks like we got more than one, so thats cool.

2. You got your basic special effects guys sabers/ anything non-cgi related (bluescreening, force push/pull/ect.), I think we have several of those too.

3. Then you have ur CGI people (not sure on those), but they do all the tedious work with their cgi and such, because they know what they are doing.

4. Then you got your video editors who fiddle with their Adobe Premiere, or whatever they are planning on using. They also do the exporting to tape, file conversions, trailer creating, ect.

Once again, all of these people can be actors, and this all just a suggestion. But I think it's a pretty good idea myself. But I guess it's not my call. And there's no rush on this fanfilm, we can take all the time we want, it's not like there is a deadline or anything. But I just hope we can do it, i'd be very proud of my fellow Floridians if we can pull this one off! Goodluck, and May the Force be with You!!!

3. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    I never, ever want to hear you say my posts are too long again. Ever.

In fact, I might now have to have you help me write my epic novel.

Brandon

4. quigon_brian

quigon_brian Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 16, 2001
    I'm not gonna be in Orlando for too long, but if you guys are working on this film while I'm there, I would love to be a part of it. I did a lot of acting in high school, and I'm willing to play any character (not just a jedi, sith, or smuggler).

Also, I read all of the replies in this thread and I noticed that most people were talking about doing lightsabers in PhotoShop. That's great for stills, but I did this clip (about 150 kbs) in about 20 minutes in After Effects. I even created the flayer as the lightsaber comes out of the hilt to match the movies. I know the core is quite thick, but it was an early attempt, and I had no rod for a guide. I haven't gotten around to uploading any of my other ones yet.

I can also do force lightning almost exactly as it appears in AotC and blue/green screen compositing.
    I also know a way to make video captured on a home camera look more like film.

And as far as the people that said that they would not want a lightsaber fight because of how long it would take to rotoscope it, it's really not that bad. If you mark the rods very well and are proficient with After Effects it doesn't take all that long. Especially if you devide up the work.

Finally, I have done several video projects using Final Cut Pro (basically the best editing software for amatuers), so I could also help out as an editor.

Sorry this post got so long, I'm just a little excited about this because I tried starting something like this in St. Louis, but it quickly fell through when everybody had characters they had made up in their mind that they wanted in the fim.

5. Ruckus

Ruckus Jedi Master star 3

Apr 2, 2002
    I think we should make a Star Wars movie enitrely filmed with monkey's and other assorted primates excluding humans. We should let the monkeys film it too. We can call it 'Simian Wars- Battle Beyond The Tamarin's'
    The main character is a cotton top Tamarin called Chim Chim.

6. jedirandALL

jedirandALL Jedi Youngling

Jul 8, 2003
    I WOULD LOVE TO WORK ON THIS ..I'LL BE UP FOR DIRECTING..I LIKE A PT IDEA OF A FEW JEDI ON A MISSION SORT OF DEAL, THAT WAY WE CAN CREATE OUR OWN CHARACTERS..I'LL POST MORE IDEAS LATER

RANDALL

7. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    Alright, cool idea jedirandall, organizing this fanfilm cannot be that hard... we have meetings every month, we could shoot once or twice every month I suppose. Have meetings/filming days, that would be good.

what about an army of jedi marching to a war? or not. post all ideas people, dont let this thread die!

-Anthony

8. Darth_Ehmon

Darth_Ehmon Jedi Youngling

Oct 26, 2003
    We have tools, the talent, and our love of SW. If we can get together and plan this out it is possible to do this. I have some story ideas, and have experience with special effects. I also have experience in directing and editing. We need to get all together and decide on a story and then from there decide as a group who is the best for the specifics. At the next meeting if I can attend I would like to show everyone my short film called BEB-6068. It's a cool little parody of the George Lucas film THX-1138 which I assume most have seen or at least know.

9. askywalker98

Apr 18, 2003
    That would be interesting to see one of our members short films. As for all the people that can be assigned different positions, it's much like a vote, and there does not need to be only one of everything, we could have 2 directors, but too many would resolve in dissagreeances. but as for the other things to do, I can help with a bit of costuming, but Ia is far more suited for that part, seeing that she runs her own costume store. I can edit, do special effects, film, capture on to computers, and put this thing on the web. For more help, simply read a few posts up to where I posted a big post.

10. Pikaroth

Pikaroth Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2002
    Just to prove that I am not against all fan films, I would like to direct everyone here:

http://www.theforce.net/theater/comingsoon/revelations/index.shtml

Download "Trailer Large" and check it out.

It is the first fan film in a long, long, long, *long* time that I want to see. True, the acting looks horrible, and, again, as we have discussed, they include the Emperor, an awful Emperor, for no reason (don't use him! No one can do the Emperor, no one! (except my friend, but that is another story)).

Anyway, check it out. Some good stuff, some bad stuff, but enough good stuff where I will be downloading it upon release.

Brandon

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.