main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Film-The Darkness Within

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Darth_Konikus, Apr 2, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. JediKnight_Veronna

JediKnight_Veronna Jedi Youngling star 1

Aug 13, 2006
    any day for a meet is fine with me [face_peace]

2. JediKnight_Veronna

Aug 13, 2006
    Hi peeps, hope you all had a great christmas, me and matt of had a blast down here in good old ramsaget :D . O.k really just wondering when the next meeting is going to take place, as we have been driving each other nuts with quickfire line rehersals lol.

3. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Hopefully we can get together very soon, in the new year. I think we'll aim for mid-to-late Jan, but it's up to the boss ;)

Happy Christmas btw!! :D

4. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Hi everyone :D Hope you all had a nice Christmas.

I'll have a look at dates for mid to late Jan. I know you all posted them before but can you post up to date dates for Jan please :)

Cheers.

5. JediKnight_Veronna

Aug 13, 2006
    well me and matt can be there anytime, just let us know :), also the first part of our jedi costumes turned up today from costumebay.com. Jedi belts and they look awsome

6. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    Sorry I havent posted in about ten years but I've been mega busy at work. I know this is gonna be very short notice but how about a meet on one of these dates: 14th, 15th, 16th, 17th, 20th or 21st of this month?
    We could do with going round and having a look at some locations and having a proper chat about costumes. For those of you who I had a chat to before about this, I've found a great material shop and I can cut the price I quoted massively. Anyhoo, let me know :)

7. JediKnight_Veronna

Aug 13, 2006
    Hey Peeps,

Great to hear that you can cut the price on the outfits :D, also meet dates, i can the 21st as i dont get paid untill friday 19th sorry about that guys especially if it screwes anyone else up for comming.

Also lets talk:

Sabers
    Boots
    Belts
    and other accesories.

Lightsaber wise ive one one that i love and will order with the first paycheck i get after forking out to get the outfits done. Here it is ---> http://www.mpmcostumes.com/product-31-Star-Wars-Weapons-Saber-Shadow the only i dont like about it is the price but hey you gotta pay for quality right ? lol :D. Not sure which one matt wants yet but im sure i will have to pay for it. :_|.

O.k Boots, they have a good pair of boots on there for about £185, and i will see what i can do about ordering a pair.

The Belts are a No Brainer, i have mine allready with resin pouches and food capsuals ect, also from the same site as the lightsaber they do a good looking belt which i think will go well for matt look here ---> http://www.mpmcostumes.com/product-203-Star-Wars-Belts-Jedi-Belt-Style-3

o.k and other accesories i know i know i cant spell, they also have the lightsaber clips they used in eps 1, 2 and 3 ---> http://www.mpmcostumes.com/product-139-Star-Wars-Accessories-Covertec-Clip

o.k granted this is all allot of cash to pay out but what the hell how many oporunities do you get to do this sort of thing, so i "say lets live a little" . So pretty much after the outfits are sorted the rest should fall into place shortly after...I hope.

Cant wait to speak to you all again soon
    catch you later peeps :D

oh and how is everyone ?

8. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    Dont spend your cash yet. There are MUCH cheaper places than MPM costumes for that sort of kit. We'll have a chat about that at the meet anyhoo :)

9. JediKnight_Veronna

Aug 13, 2006
    o.k cool, sounds great to me :D

10. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    Due to my sister moving house and getting it decorated (and my own beroom being re-decorated), it makes weekends tough for me to make at this moment in-time. But please go ahead without me and if/when I get the chance to pop round to your's Matt, you can keep me posted on the latest news. Hopefully when things settle down in a month or two I can be more freely available, but sorry for not being ready-and-able these coming weeks :)

11. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    Ok then, shall we go for the afternoon of the 21st? Looks like its gonna be Matt, Chris, Ant and me for this one.

12. JediKnight_Veronna

Aug 13, 2006
    yep that sounds great, just hope the rains are running smoothly lol, as always will give you a call when we get there

13. Joe_Sales

Joe_Sales Jedi Knight

May 20, 2006
    Hello there, Joe from the Green Park meet back in July here (the one with the Vader "I WANT YOU" T-shirt). I'm sorry I couldn't get involved in your film back in autumn because - hey presto - I was involved in another film at the time. Can't do the 21st either, but let us know if you need a voiceover or something.

14. jamierichards

jamierichards Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 12, 2002
    blimey! it's joe,posting on the fanforce! hello,joe... although we'll be seeing you in a couple of hours,anyway!

seriously,joe is a very accomplished actor,hqaving worked in several top-knotch productions... i think he could do very well in the jedi master role,bringing to it a very qui gon jinn-esque nature to the proceedings. this would give the production an edge over many of the other fanfilm productions out there.

15. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    Ok, sorry to do this at the last minute but I need to cancel tomorrow. I'll re-arrange the dates for a day when more people can make it too.
    Once again, sorry peeps. Matt and Chris, can you send me a txt in the morning to let me know you got this ok?

16. JediKnight_Veronna

Aug 13, 2006
    yer thanks for that last minute message DK lol, just a pitty me and matt didnt notice it soon lol. Me and matt had a great day and now we are wondering when the next meet will be ?

17. JediKnight_Veronna

Aug 13, 2006
    Hey peeps,

This post is mainly directed to matt, just wondering what kind of DV camera you will be using, because ive seen a few and a few mini dv cameras but i dont want to get a higher quality one then the one you have because the picture quality will probably be different, so i want to aim for the same one you have.

also just wondering when you was planning on the next meet.

18. JediKnight_Veronna

Aug 13, 2006
  19. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    Ok, I need to get off my fat arse and sort something out here as it kinda got put on the sidelines for a while. Any suggestions for what we might do at the next meet bearing in mind we still dont have all the costumes?

20. JediKnight_Veronna

Aug 13, 2006
    Hrmm for the next meet we could all get together and start discussing the finer points of the film, like for example what sort of creatures might we see roaming in the background or flying in the air, and if there are creatures do we use creatuers allready scene in the films or make custome CGI ones , evolve the ideas for CGI and Location shots, for example for the shot of the lambda shuttle instead of seeing nothing but trees we could put a city in the background, or actually have a CGI beach just beyond the bushes giving it a look of a tropical planet or something like that. As far as costuming goes i was flicking through an old magazine that reveiwed Star Wars Galaxies for the first time and it had concept art for the human race, but the outfit i think would suit well for the bounty hunter that goes after the jedi heres the pic ---> http://www.rpgplanet.com/starwars/pics/species_human_male_color.jpg and by the looks of it it would be easy to put together aswell, and i have a fealing we could find clothes somewhat like this allready made, so it would save Matt time in actually having to make them from scratch.

We could also start on working out if we would need to build parts to add to the sets, like boulders, or Cargo Boxes, or even the campfire the jedi used in the abandoned building, Find what materials could be used to make a decent looking Holocron things of that Nature. I think there is still allot to get in depth on and it would be cool if we could get all the ideas flying around to see what would and wouldnt work and the find out the overall cost and see whats realistic and what isnt.

21. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    As far as costumes and sets go, I have very specific ideas about them. But I have had a couple of thoughts on other stuff wich we can discuss at the meet.
    Any ideas for dates yet? Im fairly easy going so someone suggest something.

22. JediKnight_Veronna

Aug 13, 2006
    As far as a meet goes i can do the following days:

JUNE
    Saturday 16th
    Wednesday 20th
    Sunday 24th
    Monday 25th
    Saturday 30th

JULY
    Friday 6th
    Sunday 8th
    Monday 9th
    Saturday 14th
    Friday 20th
    Sunday 22nd
    Thursday 26th
    Saturday 28th

any of those days is cool, might be best for the 20th of this month though, the way the trains run on a weekend is hell lol [face_laugh]

23. Ranouch_Heath

Ranouch_Heath Jedi Youngling star 3

Dec 5, 2006
    (In future can you please post this in the Regional thread so those of us Outside London can see it and hopefully join in)

24. JediKnight_Veronna

Aug 13, 2006
    i thought it was ages ago ..when it was first posted. Oh and D.K any idea on a date for the next meet yet ?

25. RTDB

RTDB Jedi Youngling star 1

Jun 30, 2007
    If your short on lightsabers I have a custom built one i bought of ebay that I can lend to you

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.