main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Fan Film Thread

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by Cungr_Vanck, Mar 8, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jai-Rew-Sett

Jai-Rew-Sett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2008
    I'm up for being in it, I have a mandalorian, a jedi & am going to be working on a dark jedi(doubt I will have it done before the end of the year)who knows. I could dual role, or if someone wants to wear my jedi costume that's fine too.

2. VoxDeamonicus

VoxDeamonicus Jedi Knight star 3

Mar 19, 2010
    what software are you using for the video effects? I know of one, don't remember the name, have to look it up, that only requires you to check every 5 or 10 frames. so, lot easier to use. if you want, pm or call me, and I'll come over to help you out with photoshop, maybe drop off some old text books i have that you can borrow.

3. DarKyram

DarKyram Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 5, 2010
    If you need another Mandalorian, the Skull King would gladly add his presence to this adventure. Sooooo long as we do it before I deploy at the end of the year that is. lol

4. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Don't want to hijack Cungr's project, it will be whatever he wants it to be and I'm sure we'll all have fun helping, but I think a LGA recruitment video (if that's what we want to do) should be more about the group and less plotted story type fan film. I'm thinking an idea would be highlighting all the different things we do--get togethers (maybe a montage of photos of us on our outings), model making (film of Jammies' models and awards), costuming (a montage of us strutting our stuff in our costumes), collecting (video of some of our stuff-Zannah's stuff looks very nice in it's case, Cungr's bookshelf has every SW book on it), book club, and of course film making (maybe this is where we pull out all the stops with a short effects heavy battle scene). Maybe kinda like idea #1 just sit in front of the camera and each of us talk about what the LGA means to us. Or answer "get to know you" type questions like "earlist Star Wars memory" or "favorite Star Wars possession". Maybe even get someone like Lord Bruticus to do narration. Post a link to it and sticky it on the first page so people see it and maybe see what we're all about and how much fun we have. Put it on disk and if we get a table at a con (or have a party) have it playing on a laptop. If it's cheap maybe burn a bunch of copies and give them away at local cons.

Just my two cents.

5. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    Wow Mika! Those two cents turned into gold bricks! MEESAH BE LIKEN DIS IDEAS =D= !!

6. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    Now that sounds like a good idea Mika. Though that would be something that is put together over months (some film at a meet and greet, some film at laser tag, some film at a con, etc). It would a level higher up than was I was envisioning at first. So let's put that up at option # 3. I do like the idea of having a video to play during a party and to lay out the DVD/Blue Rays though. That would work very well at many of the local cons here for marketing!

As for the recruitment video I first mentioned, that might not have been the best description. A better description would be more of a movie trailer. I do not plan on having any scripts or acting involved. Maybe a few effects, but nothing major. My goal was to link our group with Louisville itself to let people know where we are located. Otherwise, there would not be a lot of information in the video.

For example: I envision a nice shot of Louisville's sky line, then a shot of a rebel trooper or stormtrooper or both in the woods firing away. Then a video of Churchill Downs followed by Zannah or Cyrin with lightsabres drawn with a semi ruined building behind them. Possibly then followed by a shot of the Belle of Louisville, then Jai-Rew-Set in his Mando armor walking along the river across rocky terrain. Then maybe a shot of the airport with a shot of Mika walking around in his rebel pilot outfit. These are just a few idea that have hit me, but nothing is set in stone. During all of this, there would be one of the low key sound tracks from the movies playing, no other audio. I know the piece I want to play, but I do not have it handy to name at the moment. At the end, we would put up the Louisville Galactic Alliance logo with the web address for the boards here. Maybe have the opening crawl saying something catchy followed by some slogan like "Your saga continues..." It would be more of a teaser to encourage people to look us up and find out more about us. Then we would get into something more detailed like items 1 and 3.

This also allows me to play around a bit with my video editing program on something simpler to gain experience before I level up :)

7. Cungr_Vanck

Cungr_Vanck Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 7, 2008
    I am using Effects Lab Pro from FXhome.com. I need to purchase the Composite Lab Pro to really get the green screen effects capability. Maybe for Christmas ;)

As for photoshop, I do not have the program at all! I have the common Microsoft publisher that is capable of doing some of the simpler things, but has no where near photoshop's abilities. So those manuals would not help much unfortunately.

8. 11-11

11-11 Jedi Master star 2

Jul 17, 2007
    Killer ideas, Cungr! I put my vote for the recruitment vid too.

I also think a film with a narrative would be a great option for the future.

Let me know if you need any photoshop or graphics support too! I'd be happy to help!

9. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Oh! Excellent ideas Cungr...you can't have the Louisville Galactic Alliance without Louisville.

10. Jai-Rew-Sett

Jai-Rew-Sett Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 20, 2008
    This sounds bad shebs! Can't wait to be apart of it!

11. LordZannah

LordZannah Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 18, 2010
    This is just so fearficken metal! Cant' wait to get started! And we have two Mandos for our Vid... Ajon Dren and Dar Kyram. Woo-Hoo!! [face_dancing]

12. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    This all sounds SUPER awesome!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.