main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

London, ON Fan Film

Discussion in 'Canada Discussion Boards' started by Fantyx, May 20, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fantyx

Fantyx Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 26, 2006
    I was talking to several people who were interested in making some kind of film, but were unsure about actually going foward with it. I've already mentioned that if this were a SW fanfilm, I'd do the rotoscoping and some of the other special effects. My roommate also is quite a bit better at soundwork then me, and would be interested.

Obviously we can't just up and make a movie, but if a couple of you want to meet me sometime this week, we can discuss it a bit more, and film a couple short shots to do some demo work with.

2. DaleSabers

DaleSabers Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 25, 2006
    well what kind of movie and what era is it in? Ancient, old, pre-republic, new republic, etc.

3. Lord_Robert

Lord_Robert Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 20, 2005
    yeah, I'm interested in that.

4. Fantyx

Jul 26, 2006
    I'm not worried about any real plot or story yet. I'm thinking ancient era, as it gives us much more open-ended stories, charactors etc. This week I just want to get some people together and shoot a couple shots of actors in idle conversation, and a few clips of dualing and something else that requires some CG work. Mostly I just want to get everyone connected, so if we do decide to make something, we know that it can be done.
    I'm looking into doing the visual effects. If someone knows someone who is good at video editing, that would be very much appreciated.
    Brandon is looking at acting, and knows a good cameraman (we definetly need this and a director).
    My roommate is good with sound, and may be interested in doing audio work.
    If anyone has a half decent camera (anything better then a digital camera), we can get some raw material to work with.
    I haven't done too much work on this yet, mostly editing still pics and a couple of duals with old roommates, so I need practice.

5. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Well, I did take TV broadcasting at Fanshawe so I can help with a number of things.

6. Rabellaka

Rabellaka Jedi Master star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    My fiance's brother is good at video editing, and is getting a Mac with Pinnicle Studio (I think that's the title). I'm also very good at costuming and possibly props.

7. Fantyx

Jul 26, 2006
    Heres a very very simple example of the rotoscope with no finishing work.
    It shows a couple different blade widths and blaster speeds. I think even the slowest one there is far too fast though.

I didn't do any blade arcing, but trailed the leading edge of the real blade. It looks ok at speed, but terrible frame by frame.
    www.fantyxservers.com/demo1.avi

8. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Nope, couldn't see that either.

9. Fantyx

Jul 26, 2006
    online now. Something shut down my server this afternoon

10. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Ok, I that's cool. I saw 2 blaster shots and they were very fast. The saber looks great.

11. Fantyx

Jul 26, 2006
    If someone can send me a high resolution video that I can do a better job on, that'd be sweet.

Something worthwhile. It does take me almost an hour to do one second of video if I am doing it right.

12. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    how about my psa? You can add in the saber effects onto that. I'll send the vid over to you if you want it.

13. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    If you want to shot something new I have a Samsung Digital-cam. It's a nice little mini-DV.

14. Darth-Influenza

Darth-Influenza Jedi Youngling star 1

Sep 25, 2006
    So, what happen to this?

15. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    who knows

16. Fantyx

Jul 26, 2006
    Haven't heard from anyone about meeting. I think I can get a mediocre quality camera now.

17. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    If you need a meeting for things like a film, just post one asking people to come. In the past the best time for this group has been Sunday's after 4:00 PM. DaleSabers and myself usualy make phone calls and and send e-mails to those who aren't on the boards, just to make sure everyone knows.

18. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    exactly what robert said. Just make a post and we'll notify people about meetings and such

19. Fantyx

Jul 26, 2006
    I'm not sure when I'm free. I'll let you guys know though.

20. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Ok.

Here's a reminder of what's coming up.

July 1st DaleSabers has some thing on his block. There's no specifics on it.

July 9th is a meeting at Springbank park at 5:00 pm.

July 11th or 13th is the Harry Potter opening.

July 14th is the start of the Jedi Academy. In springbank park at 3:00 pm.

July 15th is the start of the Imperial garrison from 6:00 pm to 9:00 pm downstairs of Wavell entertainment. 1781 Wevell st. London east.

July 17th or 24th we are visiting the children at the Women's Centre on Clake Road, from 6:00 pm to 8:00 pm.

21. DaleSabers

Jun 25, 2006
    just so that people do know, there might be a slight change in time for the academy. I just have to find out if i'm working or not that day.

22. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Well at 3:00 pm on a Saterday, I can't fill in for you.

23. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    any further news? Granite and I are looking at a cartoon program called Toon Boom. Used to make the SImpson's movie (part of it anyway...)

24. Lord_Robert

Sep 20, 2005
    Tune into FOX on Sept. 23 for a special one-hour "Family Guy" episode called "Blue Harvest" that's a tribute to the Star Wars Saga as unique as only Seth MacFarlane and his talented team of writers can make it.

I hope it's in Canada too.

25. Rabellaka

Nov 20, 2002
    I think we get FOX on the satelite. I'll have to try to remember to look when I'm at Granite's next.

I don't normally watch Family Guy, but I'll make the odd exception.

I picked up a DVD at Walmart today called Star Wait. It's about the lineups for the Star Wars movies. I'll have to take a look at it sometime, and see if it's any good.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.