main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Force Global Cookbook

Discussion in 'FanForce Community' started by cathiecat, Dec 4, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. cathiecat

cathiecat Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 24, 2005
    Just want to let everyone know that we are making a Global Fan Force Cookbook for selling in the coming year.. probably around the beginning of fall 2006 I think it will be printed and ready for sale.. what we are hoping for is a lot of great recipes from fan forces around the world plus brief histories of the contributing fan forces to go into this book that we will then sell for charity. You will be able to presell the books and we will then have the required number shipped to you.. plus any extras you want to sell as well.

For now the final details are still being worked out.. but the recipes are coming in.. I am hoping to reach more fan force cooks here.. send your recipes to cathiecat@cox.net
    hoping to see your recipe in the mailbox soon.

edited email addy

2. Darth Gangrenous

Darth Gangrenous Chosen One star 10

Jun 1, 2005
    This is a really good idea. This way, we can try authentic food from around the world. I sent in one of my original recipes. I can't wait for the book to come out. I love to cook and try new and different foods. =P~

3. Master-Kenobi

Master-Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2002
    This really is a very cool idea...

I love cooking and I'm always looking for new recipes and ideas...so maybe I'll send in a recipe...

GREAT IDEA [face_dancing]

4. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    we are getting a few recipes in.. just reminding everyone about the cookbook.

5. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    reminding everyone about this book.. we really want a lot of FF involvement.. so far a few recipes.. but we want a real cookbook.. can't do that with only ten recipes.. tell your groups about this.. they can even sell the book in private bookstores, websites, door to door, at meetings.. and make money for their group and favorite charity as well. The books your group personally orders to sell can technically be sold for whatever fundraiser you choose I have discovered.. so if you sell the books you can use the proceeds after cost to fund your fan force.. and part for charities as well.. the average book will cost about $4 to make.. and they sell for about $10.. leaving $6 left over of profit for the group and charities. This monetary is an estimate of course.. but fairly accurate based on what I have been reading

you can even presell once we get the book going.

but we can't do any of it without recipes.

6. Rox

Rox Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 24, 2000
    I'm sending you one now via email.

7. Master-Kenobi

Master-Kenobi Jedi Master star 5

Sep 20, 2002
    I have to get mine together and then I'll be sending in one :)

8. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I'm trying to come up with a couple more. When I do, I'll e-mail them in. :)

9. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    did this email ever get sent.. the recipe in box shows the last recipe came in on the tenth of this month.

10. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    I just sent in another recipe. :D

11. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Hmmm... I'll have to submit a recipie or two :D

12. PulsarSkate

PulsarSkate Ex-Mod star 7 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 4, 2003
    Wow, what a great idea! :D

I'll see if I can rustle up some recipes :) Are you still accepting?

13. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    YES!! most definitely still accepting.. we will accept till probably July at least!!

DG!! Got your Lasagna recipe!!

14. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Maybe I should write down my chili recipe and send that in also. [face_thinking] =P~

15. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    the more the better!!:) :D

16. Darth Gangrenous

Jun 1, 2005
    Just sent in two more. :D

17. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    this is great.. more more more!! we are no where near the limit yet.

18. strawbary

strawbary Syracuse CR, RSA Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 11, 2002
    This is a great idea! once you have your books all set and ordering info let me know , I can hand out flyers for this at the Fanforce awards in april. It would be great if we could have a book there as well :)

19. Doc_Bev

Doc_Bev Jedi Knight star 5

Jun 28, 2003
    I don't think the book will be ready until Thanksgiving-ish time frame. So I'm not sure that cathiecat will have one to demo at the FF Awards in April.

~Doc_Bev

20. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    I'm about to submit at least 5. I'll have to see if I can't find a few more.

EDIT: And make sure to let me know when these are released as I'm sure I'll get one.

21. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Did you ever get my recipe? I never got a confirmation or anything?

22. VoijaRisa

VoijaRisa Jedi Master star 5

Oct 12, 2002
    Ditto.

23. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    Please remind your friends about the cookbook.. email everyone and ask for recipes to be sent to fan-force-recipes@cox.net if we don't start getting more recipes this book might not see the light of day.. we need at least 100/200 recipes.. and we are no where near close yet!! get your cr's to post threads on this on their boards!!

24. Rox

Nov 24, 2000
    Did you get my recipe, you never answered me before?

25. cathiecat

Mar 24, 2005
    I have sent out confirmations to all folks that have sent in recipes.. or at least the ones that I have received.. three people have mentioned sending in recipes.. and I am not sure I have gotten theirs, one is not from the boards, and the other two are Rox and VoijaRisa. Let me know if I sent you a thank you and just did not realize it was you. I am going to resend thanks yous to all that have sent in recipes, just in case someone was missed. I have indeed gotten recipes though, several from DG and others from this thread.. which is great.

here is the email addy again... fan-force-recipes@cox.net

sorry for the delay in responding, I was in the hospital for a while and then back in for a while again.. and finally I am a bit better and able to get online... unfortunately I missed the posts in March and April, my apologies for that.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.