main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Force Table at C4, Schedule updated 5/17 10:45 CST

Discussion in 'Star Wars Celebrations' started by Jedi_Dajuan, Apr 2, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi_Dajuan

Jedi_Dajuan Administrator Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 30, 2002
    Yep, FanForce has a table again this year! We are looking for donations for to buy give-aways at the table this year (and suggestions on what all we should hand out) and donations to get the new FanForce banner made. The new banner design can be found here! We also need pictures of FF events to post at the table and flyers for individual FanForces. Monetary donations can be sent via PayPal to: stlouisfanforce@gmail.com, pictures and flyers can be sent to dajuan@theforce.net.

We are also looking for people to help man/woman the table at various times during the con. Like last time we will have hour long shifts, you can sign up for as many or as few as you wish. All I ask is that if you sign up to help out at the table, you actually show up for your shift. We only had very few cases where people didn't show up last time, so let's keep that record up! I am looking for at least two people per shift, but if more want to hang around and help out, that's fine. It's a great way to meet fellow fans and you are almost guaranteed to meet lots of fellow FF and JCers :) This year I'd like to promote the JC along with FF, hand out info on TFN and the Jedi Council Forums in general, so even if you're not a FFer we could still use your help. I will get a schedule started soon and post that so everyone can stay updated on who is working when.

2. Captain_Typho

Captain_Typho Jedi Master star 5

Jul 30, 2003
    I might be interested in volunteering along with my fiance but I want to wait until the C4 schedule comes out first to see what times I could work it out to be there.

3. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Chosen One star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    I have to wait until the schedule comes out for OP too...

4. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Same for me. I'm happy to lend some time over the course of C4, but will have to wait until I know what I want to see, and when I'll be volunteering for OPX.

5. Amidala081499

Amidala081499 Jedi Master star 3

Sep 13, 2003
    I may be able to give some time, but I do not know if I could a whole hour, I dont know if the husband can handle the kids for that long alone. So just let me know if I can help!!!

6. Jedi Trace

Jedi Trace Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Dec 15, 1999
    Count me in!

7. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    Hey Dajuan... sorry but I just now noticed this... I need to check with the Mrs to be sure, plus we'll have the padawan in tow this time (unlike C3), so we'll have to see if he'll be a hindrance, or sitting him in an enclosed space for an hour to rest will be good, or if Grandma is going to keep him one day...

As for stuff to do at the table... is there going to be power available? KC is in the process of making a DVD with pictures and video from events (yes we have video now that we made the news :D ) to show at our tables at local conventions, we could give you all one of those, or submit the raw materials to someone who is interested in making a broad FF one... We can provide hard copy pictures too if need be, we've started an album to have on our con tables.

8. LukeSkiewalker

LukeSkiewalker Jedi Master star 4

Apr 4, 2003
    I can volunteer for a shift, but I need to wait until other schedules come out as well.

9. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I can understand wanting to wait for the schedule. Kinda figured it would be that way again this year :) Basically I wanted everyone to know we have the table and have them thinking about flyers, decorations etc, and BANNER DONATIONS!

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Glad to see you don't have to be FF to help. I'd be happy to help out as well. As I don't really have anything I must see, the trip is more to be able to meet fellow JCer's, this would be the perfect way to find them. :D

11. PatttyB0123

PatttyB0123 Former RSA star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 2, 2003
    I will be looking too for the schedule.

12. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    It really is the perfect way to meet others. Glad to have you aboard :D

13. Obi Anne

Obi Anne Celebration Mistress of Ceremonies star 8 Staff Member Manager

Nov 4, 1998
    At C3 the table really was the focus point, whenever I didn't feel like standing in line or do anything special I just hung around there and had a great time with the people who passed by. I'm looking forward to that again.

14. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    I know, it was where I had the best time all con. Looking forward to doing it again :)

15. MrSkinnee

MrSkinnee Jedi Master star 3

Mar 25, 2002
    How about we make people nametags AT the booth? We've been talking about it over at the nametag thread, but what if we had someone with a computer there to print up the nametags so that people could just pick one up at the table with their names on them? Or if that's too much, how about we just make them up and laminate them ahead of time and people can write on them with a dry erase marker or something?

16. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    That would be reasonable. The pre-laminated ones. I don't think we'll have a printer at the table.

We would have to have funds to pay for that though. Hint hint!

17. gandalfbmg

gandalfbmg Jedi Master star 2

May 16, 2002
    So, I don't know if this question ever got answered or not, but will there be power for laptops/printers there? ANd how about wifi? We could set some of this stuff up online, let people sign up for newsletters immediately, put a pin in a frappr map, etc... And I think I mentioned this before, but I'll have a definite answer within a couple weeks about appropriating some funds from the HotA fund for this...

18. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Power yes, wifi, I don't know but last time it cost a small fortune to get.

19. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    No free wifi, and we do NOT have the funds to rent it.

We're still looking for monitary donations for hand outs and the banner. Also we need pictures and flyers to hand out there. I will make up some regional ones and a flip book for the table too.

20. Grand_Admiral_Grant

Grand_Admiral_Grant Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Nov 30, 2004
    I'll be more then happy to help out as well on the table. :D

The main reason Im going to C4 is meeting some people, so this fits in nicely for me.

21. BIEREN

BIEREN Jedi Knight star 3

Oct 12, 2005
    How long are the shifts? I would like to offer my time, but like most, I wouldn't want to miss out on a particular event.

22. Grimby

Grimby Technical Consultant & Former Head Admin star 7 Staff Member Administrator

Apr 22, 2000
    At past celebrations, we've done 2 hour shifts. I'd expect the same thing this time.

Edit: Actually C3 was 1 hour shifts. At C2 we did 2 hours.

23. Jedi_Dajuan

Dec 30, 2002
    Probably 1 hour shifts again. You can sign up for just one, several through out the con, or a larger block of time. Doesn't matter to me as long as you show up when promised or at least find someone to swap you shifts.

24. Jada

Jada Jedi Master star 6

Apr 20, 2006
    I'm not going to C4 but my chapter has made a donation to help get the new banner made.

So, who else is going to donate? [face_batting]

PayPal it to stlouisfanforce@gmail.com

C'mon! It will make the table look at that much better :D

25. ValedaKor

ValedaKor Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 25, 2000
    Still looking for donations, thanks! Any help is appreciated.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.