main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fan Sites Index

Discussion in 'Archive: Fan Sites' started by Sara_Kenobi, Jan 24, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Welcome to the new Fan Site forum Index. If you have already created a thread about your site, please feel free to send your information to your Fan Site Index Keeper Sara_Kenobi to have your site properly indexed to your wishes.

This Index will be updated often with new listings of site's from this board and will be categorized monthly, which will be eventually combined to make a master list.
    I will be maintaining this Index. If you have any questions, please feel free to send me a Private Message. While i'm locating new site's every day, you are again welcome to send me a PM with information about your site in this format.

Site Title & Link:
    Administrator(s):
    General Description:
    Genre:
    Keywords:
    Notes:

Also, please make use of the following common terms and abbreviations list below. Many are common terms used in the Fan Fiction forum and Index. Also many new one's are included in the list from different fandoms. If you have any that you'd like to see added and used in this list, please PM the Index Keeper for this forum and changes will be made.

H/L - Han/Leia
    L/M - Luke/Mara
    Ani/Ami, A/P, or A/A - Anakin and Amidala (Padmé)
    Obidala - Obi-Wan/Amidala
    EU - Expanded Universe (all of the books)
    PT - Episodes 1-3, the prequel trilogy
    OT - Episodes 4-6, the original trilogy
    TPM - The Phantom Menace
    AotC - Attack of the Clones
    ANH - A New Hope
    ESB - The Empire Strikes Back
    RotJ - Return of the Jedi
    inter-trilogy - between the two trilogies
    AU - alternate universe
    OC - original (author-originated) characters
    EU - Expanded Universe
    GFFA - Galaxy Far, Far Away
    humor - lots of silliness

(A farther list of terms and abbreviations)

LOTR - Lord of the Rings
    HP - Harry Potter
    RP - Role Play
    Sci-Fi - Science Fiction
    Fantasty - Fictional
    Collectors - Collectors of merchandise.
    PHP - general-purpose scripting language used for Web development and can be embedded into HTML. (Hypertext Preprocessor)
    VBScript - Visual Basic Scripting.

2. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Jan 2007

Site Title & Link: Battlestar Galactica: The Colonial Fleet
    Administrator(s): Errant_Venture
    General Description: Hello all, I'd like to pimp out the website of an organization I helped co-found a month ago at Dragon*Con, its the Colonial Fleet boys and girls. Basically we're a BSG costuming group and our goal is to increase awareness of Battlestar Galactica wether its old or new, find like-minded fans and to put on one helluva BSG event at next years Dragon*Con.
    Genre: Battlestar Galactica
    Keywords: Costuming, Battlestar Galactica
    Notes:

Site Title & Link: Star_Wars_Fanatics
    Administrator(s): WolverineoftheOrs
    General Description: A nice little forum, which has been going for some time now. It's just never taken off, but the potential is there. Feel free to sign up and help the forum grow.
    Genre: Star Wars
    Keywords: Star Wars
    Notes: Message Board

Site Title & Link: anakin and his angel
    Administrator(s): JediJen-aaha
    General Description: Anakin and His Angel has been around for nearly six years. This is a Prequel Star Wars website centered around Anakin & Padme Skywalker. We have been providing fans with the latest news, interaction, media, and information for a long time, but I have to admit, things are slowing down. Most of my staff (and even myself) have become busy with our offline lives. I need more people to come and join me to keep AAHA running. I wish to work more on AAHA rather than just News, Links, Wallpaper Calendars, etc... And to do that I need more people to post News, and such.
    Keywords: Anakin, Padme
    Notes: A Star Wars website dedicated to Anakin and Padme Skywalker.

3. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Site Title & Link: the007agency
    Administrator(s): WolverineoftheOrs
    General Description: Alright, it's got no members, but you can make a difference. I've just finished making it, and I assure you, it's nothing special. I will be constantly chipping and changing, just slowly making general improvements to the forum. Just sign up, and start posting.
    Genre: 007
    Keywords: 007, James Bond
    Notes: A James Bond dedicated community.

Site Title & Link: Rebelslair
    Administrator(s): Wildcatbrian
    General Description: started this Star Wars discussion forum in late August. I now have 24 members and growing. Which is really not too bad considering how many star wars message boards there are. Also a lot of those 17 members are pretty active. The designs of this board are pretty simple. I like the way I have my layout because it is clean and neat. Make sure to check out the Expanded Universe board (where you can learn and discuss) and the Star Wars Vault board (where you get your SW entertainment fix with Fan Films, Music videos, and pictures). You must join to see those boards. I thought making this forum would be a lot of fun and it sure has been. What do you think?
    Keywords: Star Wars, Star Wars media
    Notes: A Star Wars dedicated community.

Site Title & Link: aotearoaoutpost and gadventures
    Administrator(s): Farra_Sti
    General Description: Farra's Star Wars Corner
    This is my costuming website and on it is information about my costumes, information and pictures of events I've worn my costume to/in, information about other star wars items I own and links to my star wars fan fiction. If you visit please do sign my guestbook and let me know what you think of my site.
    Star Wars Galatic Adventures
    This is my Star Wars RP forums. We desperately need more members as the site is pretty dead at the moment and more members would help to revive the rps. The rp is set at any time you like in the star wars saga and the storylines do not have to stick to the cannonical storylines.
    Keywords: Costumes, Role Play
    Notes: Two Star Wars dedicated websites.

4. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Site Title & Link: ryjali
    Administrator(s): RYAN J
    General Description: Hey all! I've recently created a small Fan-made Star Wars website! There is a guestbook on my site, so feel free to sign it!! The submissions will be posted only after I have approved them. So any entry's with rude comments or sayings will not be posted.
    Keywords: Fan Site
    Notes: Star Wars

Site Title & Link: darksideoftheforce
    Administrator(s): Mathandal, Grand Master Vander
    General Description: Government Style: There are currently three governments on the site. The first, Galactic Meeting Council, controls all OOC and Neutral areas of the forum, and it also make big decision regarding the site. The Jedi High Council and Grand Sith Council are the government over their two areas.
    Genre:Role Play, Star Wars
    Keywords: Role Play

Site Title & Link: mnlan.net
    Administrator(s): Niteryder
    General Description: Quite a while ago I was working on a project to give Fan Film users (you) the ability to drop your videos somewhere where everyone can see. Needless to say, the interface was clunky and it was not exactly pretty to use. However, it did work and people liked it.

What I decided to do is spend some coin and put something nice online for people to use. I tried a lot of things and none worked well and none were universal as far as compatibility was concerned.

I finally put something together that seems to be decent. It converts just about any video format to Flash so people don't need any special players. It has a nice interface, it's easy to use, and it works. It is similar to what YouTube uses. You might be asking, why would I use your site when I can just use Youtube or Google Videos? Simple.. The quality and sound is ten-fold what Youtube or Google uses. We work hard on our videos and there is no reason to compress them into oblivion so then look like crap!

Anyway, I hope you guys/gals like it because I do. I am also looking for members who are interested in contributing to this project to help and develop the website with me. A PHP programmer would be nice. But anyone can contribute.
    Genre: Fan Films
    Keywords: Fan Films
    Notes: Fan Films

5. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Site Title & Link: celebrationeurope
    Administrator(s): jamesehomepage
    General Description: I have started a website dedicated to Celebration Europe, and you can find it at http://www.freewebs.com/celebrationeurope/
    It includes news, a event guide, a forum, for fans to discuss Celebration Europe, a guestbook for people to sign if they are going, and also a page where people can put down their views on if Celebration Europe is going to be good or bad.
    Genre: Celebration Europe, Star Wars
    Keywords: Celebration Europe
    Notes: Dedicated to Celebration Europe.

Site Title & Link: FantasyBattles
    Administrator(s): lordhaze
    General Description: Fantasybattles is a site that my readers pick there favourite Star wars / fantasy characters and they are then put into the fantasybattle arena to battle it out to see who would come out on top.Also the site includes just cool stuff from sci-fi /star wars and general geek culture.
    Keywords: Role Play, Fantasy characters

6. grandmaster

grandmaster Jedi Youngling

Jun 17, 2007
    site title and link: the jedi fan club [http://s7.invisionfree.com/jedi_fan_club/] i cant get the link to work sorry
    administrator: grand master
    general discription: I started this site a few weeks ago so people who like the jedi can have
    a place to go and talk about what they love, there are endless numbers of mandalorion and stormtrooper fansites and not enough jedi ones so please check it out and I hope you guys like it I'm still working on it so things aren't perfect but they work just fine.

genre: jedi and star wars
    keywords:jedi forum
    note: jedi rock!!

link please work. [face_praying]

7. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Site Title & Link: Star Wars Resurrection http://www.starwarsresurrection.com/
    Administrator(s): Rick Johnson
    General Description: Resurrection is a fan film site dedicated to the fans that made it happen and to the Star Wars galaxy we all cherish.
    Genre: Old Republic
    Keywords: Darth Bane, Lord Kaan, Brotherhood of Darkness, Thought Bomb, Ruusan,
    Notes: ?A Star Wars Film by Fans?

Site Title & Link: LegacyNJO.com - Legacy of the new jedi order
    Administrator(s): Saith
    General Description: LegacyNJO.com covers everything that is related to the Star Wars galaxy from 25 ABY (the beginning of the NJO in the in-universe timeline). It also contains facts and visuals from prevous work that are connected in some way with characters, organisations or events presented in the new jedi order, legacy of the force, or the legacy comics.
    In addition to the informative sections the site has a forum, a and big image gallery.
    Keywords: Expanded universe, NJO, LOTF, Legacy, Community
    Notes: A NJO/LOTF/Legacy community with lots of media

8. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Title: EU Cantina.net

A brief description: EU Cantina.net is a fan site dedicated to brining fans EU news, guides to getting started, chronology, a podcast (EUCast), and other very cool features.

Link: www.eucantina.net

9. Sara_Kenobi

Sep 21, 2000
    Title : Galactic Empire Network
    Description : A fan site dedicated to celebrating the Star Wars Saga and its fans. With Images, Sounds, Forums, Interactive Maps, Fiction, Fonts, News, (Star Wars AND Entertainment)...and much much more
    URL : http://www.galacticempire.net

Title: EU Cantina.net

A brief description: EU Cantina.net is a fan site dedicated to brining fans EU news, guides to getting started, chronology, a podcast (EUCast), and other very cool features.

Link: www.eucantina.net

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.