main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Lou, KY Fandomfest 2015

Discussion in 'MidWest Regional Discussion' started by jedimika, Jun 21, 2015.

1. jedimika

jedimika FanForce Chapter Rep star 4

Apr 2, 2008
    Well as much as I'd like to ignore Fandomfest they're bringing in the Star Wars royalty with Carrie Fisher, Billy Dee Williams and Peter Mayhew (and one of the Jabba puppeteers). Even the local 501st is making plans to try partnering with Fandomfest again. I think Fandomfest is making a mistake bringing in sports celebrities to the con though. They're bringing in Johnny Bench, Pete Rose and Reggie Jackson. No good can come of this. I have no plans to attend myself but we'll see who else they announce before August.

August 7-9
    http://www.fandomfest.com/

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Fandom-Fest/109559779115312?ref=hl

2. mindtwister_138

mindtwister_138 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 19, 2002
    I really think I'm gonna try to go to this.

3. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Dang it they've announced Dave Dorman as a guest. I have so much stuff I want to get signed by him...sigh...I'll have to think about this.

4. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    Well no big last minute additions I can't live without, I'm probably gonna skip this one. If anyone goes please post up a review of your experience.

5. DarthLupine

DarthLupine Jedi Knight

Jun 23, 2007
    Was there Friday and Saturday. Ran the 501st table for quite some time and got kudos for my awesome recruiting style...hehe. At one point I marched at the head of a 5 strong stormtrooper squad thru the con, and ended up like 15 feet away from Carrie Fisher...but con security wouldn't allow us closer. Damn them!!!!
    The con bent over backwards to accommodate us otherwise. We had our own secured changing room and a staff member at our beck and call. It was well organized and the staff knew what was going on, who we were and were supportive. They have redeemed themselves. Pics on my FB page and on the Midsouth Garrison page (Mika).

6. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    That's good to hear. Feel free to post up pics here too. I'm not on the book of faces which has excluded me from some Midsouth events this last year it seems.

7. Yoda_Jammies

Yoda_Jammies Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 28, 2003
    I stay away from FaceCrook too.

Glad to hear that Fandom Fest isn't as crummy as it had been, and very glad to hear such a great report from Darth Lupine!
    Jammies

8. DarthLupine

DarthLupine Jedi Knight

Jun 23, 2007
    Yep, we used FB to coordinate the whole thing, mainly the chat feature....you may as well come over to the dark side, Mika, a lot of events are being coordinated through the squad and garrison page. Ill try to get some pics up here soon!

9. jedimika

Apr 2, 2008
    My neighbor is actually an amateur comic dealer and he said the all the dealers had a very disappointing weekend. Many won't be back next year. He's not sure why, if people were saving their money for the celebs or what. I asked how the organization was and he said it was actually very good. Next year it moves to the KY Expo center (the downtown convention center will be undergoing renovations) so we'll see how they deal with that.

10. DarthLupine

DarthLupine Jedi Knight

Jun 23, 2007
    Well, there were a ton of people in the Carrie Fisher lane...maybe that's why. The prices I saw were not that bad, I myself spent a bit of money there.