main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Saga Fanfic Olympics - Volshe's Drabbles - Goal of 101 Complete!!!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction- Before, Saga, and Beyond' started by Admiral Volshe, Sep 6, 2015.

1. Admiral Volshe

Admiral Volshe Chosen One star 10

Sep 2, 2012
    9 more to reach my goal! :p

Tough

Han bit into the meat. It was tough and leathery, absolutely nothing like it looked. The platter in front of him was heaped high with succulent-looking, glazed steaks. He finally ripped off a piece and gnawed on it.

"What is this?" he asked, trying to saw off another cube. He swallowed, "It's like leatheris."

Leia briefly locked eyes with Luke, who was across the table from her - smirking. "I think Threepio said it was Wookiee."

"You're kidding," Han said, looking shocked.

"Nope," they said in unison, shaking their heads and trying to stifle laughter. Han dropped his fork and glared.

Blood

Natalya spun around to see two natives, their hands filled with offerings. Behind them stood two clones. She wiped back her auburn hair, damp from the jungle planet's humidity. "How can I help you?"

"Our child, blood fever, help" the first one warbled, shoving the glittering pile of crystal and metal towards her. She waved it away.

"Where is he?" she asked.

"Hakk," it replied, "this way."

She picked up a bag and waved to another junior medic. He jogged over.

"Get a vial of anthrocin," she ordered, "And moxith sap. Bring it to Hakk's outpost by sundown."

He nodded.

Delicate

Talos picked up one of the last of the stone shards and held it up to the glow-light, studying every curve and crevice. There were only 5 pieces left and by now they all looked the same. He mumbled to himself as he picked up another one. He turned it in the light, careful to avoid squeezing it. The material was notoriously fragile. He narrowed his eyes and blinked. He wasn't one to admit defeat, but he had been working on it for hours now and the delicate work required fresh eyes. He set down the shard and sighed, exhausted.

Up

"Look up!"

"I'm not falling for that, Jedi," the Zabrak trader snapped, beginning to pick up his wares, "Everybody tries it."

"If you're not going to look, then at the very least start running," the Jedi replied, backing away.

The whine of engines filled the air suddenly. The Zabrak turned and looked up, his eyes widening in shock. An enormous ship was careening towards the planet. He scooped up the most valuable of his things and bolted the opposite direction.

The Jedi dove forward and tackled him out of the way, just as the ship plowed through the merchant's square.

Redeem

"Luke," Anara stopped him in the hallway, just as he was heading to the council chambers.

"What is it?"

"I don't understand how you can let Oro still continue his trials. What he did was foolish and dangerous." She was already bristling. Luke knew she was upset that her own padawan had almost been a casualty.

"Oro was not acting in malice, Anara," Luke countered, "The Force will guide and redeem him, despite his mistakes."

"The Force? Redeem him after almost killing 4 others?"

"It redeemed my father," he replied calmly.

She hung her head down, knowing he was right.

Darth_Furio , Chyntuck and Ewok Poet like this.
  2. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Arrow

Marquand ducked behind the AT-ST's smoking remains as an arrow flew at him. He had no weapon, no shield, and there were Ewoks everywhere. He glanced around the forest floor, trying to scout out a safe path. At least he had managed to grab a comm and the survival kit. Though it wouldn't be much good if he didn't survive. Another arrow cut through the air beside him, only narrowly missing his head.

Time to go, he thought, clutching his supplies and making a break for the forest. A slew of rocks and arrows flew past, only narrowly missing him.

Rise

"Rise, Darth Vader." The name rolled off Palpatine's tongue with ease, as though he had been planning it for years.

Anakin stood up, his legs wobbling beneath him. He felt as if he'd just stepped off a starship. Nausea gripped his stomach in its steely grasp. He was torn. He knew that everything he had done wasn't right. But he couldn't let Padmé die. She was all he had, the only one that he could trust. The only one he loved. He closed his eyes and tried to breathe. It all felt so wrong.

But what if nothing was right?

Hidden

Leia called for the twins again, knowing they had to be somewhere. Once again the apartment was a mess. Last week it had been plasmaberry. This week...she didn't even want to know. She followed their muddy footprints to a small closet and slid open the door.

Nothing but two pairs of shoes greeted her, the socks strewn about. She sighed.

On the other side of the apartment, the twins had slipped under their beds and were staring out into the hallway. They were trying to stifle their peals of laughter. Suddenly, Leia's face appeared under the bed.

"Nice try."

Birthday

"Guess what tomorrow is, dad!" Luke grinned, mouth stuffed full of flatcakes.

Anakin shook his head, looking at Padmé as if to say "help me".

"Daddy, come on. You've got to guess," Leia said, cutting her breakfast into perfect triangles.

"I don't think he knows," Padmé said teasingly, "Why don't you tell him?"

"It's our birthday," they exclaimed in unison, throwing up their arms.

Anakin acted surprised. "And how old are you going to be?"

"6," Luke said, smiling.

"No Luke, 5. Five comes after four."

"No way," Luke pouted.

"Yeah way."

Padmé and Anakin looked at each other, chuckling.

Blank

"Sir, the scanner is offline."

"What do you mean, offline? We need to track that ship!"

"It's offline, there is no signal. The screen is blank."

"Fix it then! That's an order! We cannot afford to lose track of that shipment. It is vital!"

"Yes, sir."

"You, crewman."

"Yes, sir?"

"Get a team repairing the scanners at once. At once!"

"Of course, sir."

"And you, send orders to the Tormentor and Valiant. They are our eyes. They must not lose the target."

"Admiral Ozzel?"

"Yes, milord?"

"What is our current status?"

"Everything is running smoothly, as usual. It's under control."

3. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Another big one for the finale... :D:D:D:D:D

Plea, Hate, Broken, Pain, Fall

Padmé looked at Anakin with tear-filled eyes, her heart broken by every word he had said. She did not want him to fall. For years, she had believed in him. She had always wanted him to succeed, not be taken by the darkness.

Together you and I can rule the Galaxy. Make things the way we want them to be.

She did not want to rule the Galaxy. She wanted him to come back, to be the one she loved again.

"Anakin, please," she whispered, searching his yellow eyes for any sign of blue. She hoped he'd hear her plea.

---

Anakin looked into his wife's eyes, hurt by the fact she would not join him. He had given more than she could know to save her, to protect her. That was all he ever wanted. He blinked away a tear. His eyes burned. The Jedi Council had not helped him, they had not heard his call for help. They did not care about her the way he did. He hated them. Yet she stood behind them. She supported them, when they did not support her.

"Padmé, no," he growled, trying to control his growing anger, "They don't care about you."
    ---

Padmé exhaled and tried to swallow the lump in her throat, the caustic air and thick ash only making it worse.

"I care about us," she begged, "Just come away with me, Anakin. Don't worry about my fate."

"I can't. I have to keep you safe." His words were sharp. He was determined.

"Do you know how to do that? Right now?" she asked, quietly.

He shook his head slowly. "But I will only understand with the Dark Side, Padmé."

Padmé could see the desperation and hurt in his eyes. Her own heart was broken into thousands of pieces.

---

Her chest hurt, from the burning air and the anguish she felt deep inside. She had never realized that Anakin had fallen so far. She felt guilty. Somehow, she hadn't even seen him fall, though she was standing right beside him. She wiped away a tear.

"Anakin, you can't change my destiny," she whispered, "I'm sorry."

He looked at her sadly. "I have to save you," he said, his words filled with pain.

"You don't need to," she said softly.

"I do."

She shook her head fervently. "No, I am here. Now. I will be here."

"You don't know that."

---

Padmé reached out and took his hands. "Anakin, I know that all you want is to keep me safe, but all I want is you to come home. To be the one I know again."

He pulled back and turned away. She tried to step towards him, carefully. "I can't do that, Padmé."

"You can, Anakin. You can."

"Don't you see?" His eyes brimmed with tears. She watched him fall to his knees and hang his head down. "This is who I am now. There is nothing that can change that. I am Vader."

"No," Padmé insisted, "You are Anakin."

4. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Excellent and congratulations on reaching your goal. =D=

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  5. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Woo-hoo! You are a miracle, indeed. :)

Admiral Volshe likes this.
  6. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012
    Thank you both!! :)

Ewok Poet likes this.
  7. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    Glad I'm on your team. :p

8. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Wowza! Fantastic drabbles! I think Own and Magic were my favourites. I love seeing Leia and Winter as kids! Rise was chilling, but Birthday made me laugh!

9. Admiral Volshe

Sep 2, 2012