main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource FanFic Orientation Guide - Newbies Check In Here! - Interview with a Moderator, Part Ace!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jaya Solo, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jedi-Gon

Jedi-Gon Jedi Master star 1

Nov 1, 2007
    Well, I was recommended to come here by Jinngerbread (thank you!) So, here I am. :D

Name: Jedi-Gon

Boards Most Posted On: Before the saga fanfiction.

Types of Tales I Like To Read/Write: Before the saga! I love to read humor stories, songfics, and, of course, mush. I write a slightly disturbing amount of angst and mush.

Characters I Read/Write the Most: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan. Tahl is also a favorite.

Why Am I Here?: Fanfiction. I love reading it, I love writing it, and I'm looking forward to picking up tips and such from everyone here.

2. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Yay! I'm glad to see this being used again! Welcome Robimus, Toki-chan, and Jedi-Gon!

Do any of you (or anyone else) have ideas about what you'd like the next topic to be? I'd love suggestions!

3. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Upsies.

Welcome newbies!

4. BigE

BigE Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 31, 2002

Greetings to the new-folk. :)

I often would bold the names of anyone that I call out by username. When I first got onto the boards it was a standard practice from what I could tell, so I adopted it. I've been slacking on doing this lately though. [face_blush]

5. monkeykelci

monkeykelci Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 28, 2008
    I was redirected here from LuvEwan's fanfiction page on Jello Anarchy.. Seems to me, this place has a bit better quality than Fanfiction.net, so.. I decided to see what I could see!

Name: Monkeykelci- Kelci for short

Boards Most Posted On: Welcome New Users currently.. Just joined but got ponted here by Trika.. So, here I am!!

Types of Tales I Like To Read/Write: Anything about Obi-Wan's years as a padawan.. Recently, Qui-Gon lives, Obi trains a different padawan and he and Qui-Gon are out of sorts.. Any mushy father/son, Qui/Obi Obi/Ani fics.. Other than that, I'm welcome to almost anything else!

Characters I Read/Write the Most: Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Bant, Tahl, Siri, Mace, Garen and Ani.

Why Am I Here?: The wonderful fanfiction and the extremely amazing people on the WNU board. =D

6. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Welcome monkeykelci! It's nice to have you here. Do you have any questions we can answer?

7. MaurreyStardust

MaurreyStardust Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2008
    Hello...um Newbie here. Don't mind being that, been a Newbie many a time before and probably still a newbie in some places still! :)

Name: MaurreyStardust (actually, Maurrey's my cat, my real name is Jessica, but I'll answer to my handle ;) )

Age: 23...I think...yep, my DH is rubbing off on me, he can't remember how old he is, so I have to keep up with it and now I can't remember my own age :rolleyes:...at least I can subtract!

Boards Most posted on: Beyond the Saga

Types of Tales I like to Read/Write: Um...anything based on IV, V and VI. I will read some that has extended universe characters in it though, but I write based on those three movies. Adventure, action, mystery, and of course romance...so long as it's not too steamy, but it's not supposed to be here, so I'm good...

Characters I read/write the most: OCs! LOL, okay, Luke, Leia, Han...lemme think, well R2-D2, 3PO, Chewy...

Why am I here?: Do you really want to know? Okay, because my dh and I spent a Sunday recently watching Episodes IV, V and VI (yes, that's all I've ever seen, I haven't seen the others yet...until the end of last year I'd never even seen those either!), and since then I've had this story stuck in my head. Now that I've started writing it, I'd like to finish it. Best way I can think of to keep me motivated is to share it. If ya decide to read it I hope you like it and it doesn't end up seeming cheesy..or anything like that...oh well...LOL

8. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Welcome MaurreyStardust! :) What's a DH?

9. MaurreyStardust

MaurreyStardust Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2008
    DH=dear husband... and thank you for the welcome :)

10. Stroja

Stroja Jedi Youngling star 1

May 22, 2008
    Name: Stroja

Boards Most posted on: Haven't posted at all yet!

Types of Tales I like to Read/Write: I've been searching for things outside the EU timeline. Things set in the distance past or far into the future. I like to write the things I'd read if they were available. My background is in role-playing (spent far too much of my college life designing my own), but I've been tempted to try out writing some fan fiction.

Characters I read/write the most: Of the well-known variety, most any of the major movie characters. I also have a few favorites from the EU as well, but I like some creativity, so seeing obscure or even completely original characters fleshed out is awesome.

Why am I here?: I find women that know how to use semicolons to be very sexy.

Also, I've been lurking off-and-on for ages to satisfy my Star Wars cravings. There was a post the other day that really made me want to reply, so I finally registered a user - of course, Comcast had a major outage that day and my post was lost to the ether. I don't even remember what story it was now, but I saw this thread, noticed I was logged in, and clicked the reply button. And the intended "I'll spend 30 seconds on this just to see if somebody says 'hi'" plan turned into the "Oh dear God, I have to edit that awful grammar mistake, even if that means this post takes six times longer than expected" plan.

But mostly the semicolon thing.

11. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Semicolon? Darn.:oops:
    If only I had know. Well, I'llt ry to remember for the future. Not that I'd know what to do with one.:oops:

Welcome Stroja.[:D]
    Have a semicolon: ;
    Make yourself at home.:)

12. Danaan

Danaan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 23, 2008
    Name: Danaan

Boards Most posted on: Um...I dunno, the Saga or Fan Fiction Resources, haven't counted.

Types of Tales I like to Read/Write: Right now I'm working on PT alternative. After that...who knows?

Characters I read/write the most: I dunno if there is any pattern to it ;P. I'd say I'm staying to characters that are in some fashion related to my writing project, so that'd be the main PT personalities, then...

Why am I here?: Mostly, cuz it gets very lonely to write a text without having any readers for it. I mean, I might be wasting hours and hours on writing absolute cr@p and not even know it. Of course, I haven't posted anything storywise here yet, so who knows how that'll go (particularly cuz I don't write in novel format but screenplay format-but the Fan Film board directed me here in no uncertain terms), but I still figure this to be the place with the best potential to find readers who are interested enough to give me some constructive comments on the piece.

And also to do some research for it; checking how others have treated the same subjects is always useful.

13. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    Welcome Danaan.:)

How do you like your time here so far?
    You can always join the Over 30s Thread, there's more going on than here, usually.

14. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Welcome Danaan and Stroja! We're glad you're here. :)

Also, as soon as my summer class winds down and I have enough time to code them up and post them, I've got two new interviews with mods to put up. :)

15. Etain

Etain Jedi Youngling star 3

May 11, 2008
    Woohoo!
    Interviews with mods![face_dancing]
    Too bad there's only four of them - no wait, there's more boards to this than fanfic.
    Or so I heard.:p

16. jaded_jewel

jaded_jewel Guest

Hello. Newbie here. I've been around for about a week, but have been a lurker for a while.

Name: Jaded_Jewel You can just call me Jewel

Boards Most Posted On: Um, I'd have to say Beyond the Saga...I think.

Types of Tales I like to Read/Write: I'll read pretty much anything, but I'd have to lean towards humor and romance.

Characters I Read/Write The Most: Luke and Mara, most definately. L/M forever!

Why I'm Here: I felt that since the writers took the time to write stories for everyone including me to read, it is only fair I take the time to reply and hopefully have a story to give to them.

17. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    Name: Call me Gunny
    Interests: Action stories, romance is not my forte
    Things I write about most: Other fantasy stories; no SW fan fiction yet.
    Why I'm Here: I have a great idea for a story; it will involve characters from a RP I'm playing in.
    Boards I've Visited Most: None on this forum, but I would like to change that.

18. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Name: zonzo

Boards Most Posted On:Beyond the saga. Where else? :p

Types of Tales I like to Read/Write: I like EUs and love stories.

Characters I Read/Write The Most: My OCs. Where would I be without my brain children?

Why I'm Here: I'm here to have some fun.

I already have one story that is almost qualified for nomination in the 2008 Beyond the Saga awards in the Most underrated category. Wish me luck!

19. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Welcome gunny an zonzo.

Make yourself at home here. have fun with the nomms, and zonzo, there is the most awesome OCDB on this board, for OCs only.[face_mischief]

20. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
    Thanks for the encouragement.

I think I just got the 4 necessary votes, so now I just have to wait until the update! [face_praying]

21. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    You only need one nom for underrated to qualify. :)

22. zonzo

zonzo Jedi Knight star 3

Dec 3, 2007
    You just made my day. =D=

23. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Heeey, zonzo, 'Underrated ismy category.:p
    But no worries, I never win....;)

Kudos to all those who make it into the voting.
    I'll now fill in the fomr for my Beyond nomms.:D

24. Jaina_Jade_Fel

Jaina_Jade_Fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Aug 4, 2008
    Hey, I'm a brand spankin' new newbie!!

Name: Jaina_Jade_Fel
    Boards Most Posted On: Haven't posted yet!!
    Types of Stories I Like To Read/Write: Almost Anything
    Characters I Like To Read/ Write: The Whole Solo/Skywalker family,Jagged Fel, and anyone who catches my eye!!

Why I'm Here: To write me some stories!!

Whew!! Wow!! That was my first ever post in all of history!!! Hopefully not my last!

25. JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ

JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2005

Name: JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ, just call me Fraz
    Boards Most Posted On: SWC
    Types of Stories I Like To Read/Write: Action, spec ops etc
    Characters I Like To Read/ Write: Don't have a favourite, I tend to try create my own characters, plots etc when I write.
    Why I'm Here: Been a while since I have written anything especially fanfics so hopefully this will help me get back into the swing of it when I get the chance to come on.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.