main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource FanFic Orientation Guide - Newbies Check In Here! - Interview with a Moderator, Part Ace!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jaya Solo, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Welcome to Jaina_Jade_Fel and JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ!

It's nice to see people still dig this thing up! :)

Any questions that you have about anything on the boards? If so, I'd be glad to try to help figure out an answer for you!

2. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Here's another round of interviews with moderators! Yay. This round is the Ace-Team! (Get it? Face and Trace rhyme...)

Up first is The_Face

What is your name?
    Nathan, last I heard.

What is your favorite color?
    I like blue. I?m sure you?re all surprised.

What is the velocity of an un-laden swallow?
    African or European?

Who is your favorite character?
    I?m an OC guy, but I?ve always been partial to Lando.

What kind of story do you like to read?
    Typically I read action, drama, and I try to give the neglected genres a shot when I see them. The most common denominator is original characters, but I?m not exclusive. It really doesn?t matter what it is as long as it?s good.

What is an embarrassing moment you?d like to share with us?
    To have a good embarrassment story, I?d probably need to (1) be less self-controlled and (2) have shame. :p

Which era did you mainly read in before you became a moderator, and how has it changed?
    I suppose Saga. I?d say Saga is still the era I read the most but I do make more of an effort to branch out now. The stories I like are often removed from the canon to where era doesn?t have a big impact on content.

Back in your day, what was it like when you were a newbie?
    It was a strange and wondrous land with only one story board and an exceedingly bustling Resource. I remember the Episode II hubbub, but I wasn?t registered until after its release. My stories sank like rocks. Looking back, thank goodness. :p

If you write stories, what do you like to write about and why?
    I like to write mysteries, humor, action, OCs, and the fringe elements of the GFFA ? the seedy underbelly, the intelligence community (official and not), the obscure civilians who don?t know a Jedi from a Yuuzhan Vong. There?s something that really appeals to me about the very small people in a big world. While the Skywalkers and Solos are out endangering/saving the galaxy, some people have to clean up their messes and fight the causes that don?t warrant Jedi intervention. When my characters do save the galaxy, nobody else knows who they are, or that it was ever in danger.

I also love the wider possibilities OCs offer you, only rivaled by AUs. Anything can happen to an OC ? or an OC can do anything. There?s a great unpredictability. So in a way, even if they don?t duel any Sith, the stakes are higher within the context of the story.

There's also my humor fics, which are all about packing in as much ridiculous irreverence and shattered bits of the fourth wall as possible.

What?s your favorite ?crack? (joke, silly) ?ship?
    I don?t really ??ship?? Ummm, I guess Lando/Mara, since the player deserves some play. ;)

Which villain do you enjoy writing the most?
    My own. Villains are a lot of fun, and I have loads of them. Maybe the Gentleman Butcher, the galaxy?s most polite mass murderer.

Up next is Jedi Trace

What is your name?
    Traci

What is your favorite color?
    It used to be red, but I?m leaning more toward pink nowadays.

What is the velocity of an un-laden swallow?
    Depends on what is being swallowed. [face_mischief]

Who is your favorite character?
    Yikes. Can I answer more than one? [face_batting]

I am a child of the ?70?s, so I grew up with the movies. My first favorite character was Darth Vader, followed quickly by Luke. I?ve now been a fan of both characters for over 30 years, so it?s really more of a lifestyle than fandom, LOL.

I started reading the novels with The Thrawn Trilogy in the early ?90?s and became a Mara Jade fan. Still am. :cool:

Last summer, I started reading the comics and fell head-over-heels in love with Cade Skywalker. (Maybe his girlfriend is where the new love of the color pink comes from. ;))

What kind of story do you like to read?
    I?ll read almost anything

3. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Up... so people can read these. :)

4. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] Great interviews!!

5. Thorn058

Thorn058 Jedi Master star 3

Jul 28, 2008
    It was recommended that as a newbie I should report in even if I am three weeks late

Name: Thorn058 for those of you who read obscure Lucas material and his collaboration with the greatest Comic book author of all time Chris Claremont, you will get the reference.

Boards most posted on: Well I have started what I hope is a long running group of serials on Saga and a short story yet to be continued on before but I read it all

Characters I like to read or write well I like everything but I get into OC's because I think you are able to do more with them. There is only so much you can do with cannon characters before it becomes to well unrealistic maybe.

Why am I here?Well first and foremost I love Star Wars and I am a writer and I have stories I want to tell and stories I want to read and I like input either good or bad so Why not.

6. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Hi Thorn058! Welcome to the boards! If you like OCs, I hope you've checked out some of the OC threads. :)

7. JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ

JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 18, 2005
    Up :)

I posted my bo, what happens now?

8. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    The world perishes,Fraz? :p

What would you like to happen?[face_batting]

9. JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ

Jun 18, 2005
    [face_thinking] Mmmm the possibilities are endless :p I was thinking about writing something though:)

10. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Then why don't you?
    Or would you want a challenge? There's loads of those around.:D

11. JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ

Jun 18, 2005
    Mmm, I think I'll take a challenge please, I haven't written in a while, so I wouldn't want to jump right in.:)

12. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Any preferances, or no-gos?[face_batting]

*kicks her challenge-fears into action*
    [face_thinking] [face_mischief] [face_thinking]

13. JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ

Jun 18, 2005
    Not that I ca thik of, I'll giv a bash at anything.

Actually, I prefer action etc writing or SW lol:p but nothing soppy or romantic.

14. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Okay, you asked for it.[face_devil]

So, you'll need an OC. Insert him/her into any scene of SW and retell it from his pov.
    The twist: whatever happens that we believe to be an achievement of the canon cast, is actually his doing; it doesn't matter if on purpose or not.

Any good?[face_worried]

15. JEDI_KNIGHT_FRAZ

Jun 18, 2005
    [face_thinking] Interesting, took me a couple of read throughs to grasp what you meant lol.

could be tricky but I'll give it a bash,I won't be on again until Monday, so I'll try and have it done and up then.

16. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    I extend my apologies for not finding this earlier, I joined in June.

Name: Fish

Boards most posted on: before and saga

17. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Welcome mujapple-juicey! Is that an ewok's head on a stick in your icon?

18. mujapple-juicey

mujapple-juicey Jedi Master star 4

Jul 21, 2008
    It's a PEZ Dispencer.
    And how did you know I like yellow?
    I'll change it if makes you uncomfortable.

19. Obi-Gon_Skywalker

Obi-Gon_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 1

May 25, 2008
    Name: Obi-Gon
    Boards Most Posted On: Fanfiction Resource, Before the Saga
    Types of Stories I Like To Read/Write: I'll read anything :D
    Characters I Like To Read/ Write: Qui-Gon, Obi-Wan, Dooku, Yoda, Tahl
    Why I'm Here: For my love of Star Wars, of course! That, and I get to share my fanfiction with people who don't think it's strange that I worship anything Star Wars 8-}.

20. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Welcome Obi-Gon_Skywalker !

Upping this for other newbies. :)

21. starship_maegira

starship_maegira Jedi Knight

Apr 6, 2009

Name: Starship_Maegira

Boards most posted on: I haven?t really posted much, school?s been really hectic lately and I?ve actually only gotten around to introducing myself now

Characters I like to read or write: I like everyone I suppose, each in his/her own way is unforgettable but I like Han & Leia the best

Why am I here?: Like everyone else around here, I am in love with Star Wars, have been for most of my life, when kids were busy watching Barney or the Teletubbies, I was watching ROTJ. I?m also here because I like reading fanfics and I want to try my hand at writing them sometime soon.

22. Jedi Gunny

Jedi Gunny Chosen One star 9

May 20, 2008
    This thread disappeared for quite a while there. :eek:

23. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Yes it did! Welcome starship_maegira!

24. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    :eek: I missed this totally! Sorry, I'm almost a year here now, so this is really late. On the other hand, I still feel totally like a newbie :p

Name: Seremela
    Boards Most Posted On: Before the Saga, also Saga and Resource
    Types of Stories I Like To Read/Write: I came here to find Qui-Gon stories, but I'm slowly beginning to get the appeal of OCs (I used to avoid them and stick to canon in other fandoms, but there are some great ones here)
    Characters I Like To Read/ Write: Qui-Gon, Dooku, Obi-Wan, Xanatos, Tahl
    Why I'm Here: I read a Qui-Gon story last year and decided I want more. In my search I came here and got stuck. I love the whole liveliness of this place and the challenges, they are top!

25. Jaya Solo

Jul 12, 1999
    Welcome Seremela!

Ah, yes, the appeal of Qui-Gon. I know it well. I think there's an index about Qui-Gon around here somewhere. If not, I'm sure some users could point you in the direction of some good stories. :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.