main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource FanFic Orientation Guide - Newbies Check In Here! - Interview with a Moderator, Part Ace!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Jaya Solo, Feb 21, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SoA

SoA Jedi Knight star 3

Apr 2, 2008
    I'm in the same boat as Seremela. I've been around for almost a year now, but still feel pretty new. I guess I didn't start posting fanfic until last fall.

Name: SoA
    Boards Most Posted On: Before the Saga almost exclusively
    Types of Stories I Like To Read/Write: I write pretty much only KOTOR-era stuff, though I might branch out in the future. I'm an OC lover. I really don't like writing stories without OCs stuck into them.
    Characters I Like To Read/ Write: OCs! I have a lot of fun with the Ebon Hawk crews, and I'd love to do some more with the KOTOR comics characters.
    Why I'm Here: It's all DWH's fault. Seriously. She convinced me to play KOTOR, mentioned that she had a fanfic around it, and converted me over from a Sailor Moon OC writer (I still write that stuff too though).

2. MsLanna

MsLanna Jedi Master star 6

Jul 8, 2005
    Welcome aboard![:D]

It took me ages not to feel 'new' anymore. I think I am through with that by now.
    *looks at registration date*
    :oops:

If you want to feel like a part of the party, go crash teh social thread. Just do it, repeatedly. Sooner or later they will talk to you.
    I think.:p

Anotehr good way to become part of this place is cahllenges. You get to meet people and all that.:D

3. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Thanks for the welcome, Jaya Solo and MrsLanna :)

I've browsed through this thread and it's really interesting. And yes, there's a Qui-Gon story thread, I'm So grateful for it, because I find it really hard to browse for stories on these boards, even after almost a year. But that thread is awesome to go through.

Still so very, very much to read [face_hypnotized]

4. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
  5. Seremela

Seremela Jedi Youngling star 3

Jul 12, 2008
    Thanks for the link MsLanna. The normal search machine can direct you to the oddest places on this board when you type something in :p

6. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
  7. MsLanna

Jul 8, 2005
    Okay, since we both linked to the same site, I'd really like to know what the link machine really is. :confused:
    I have been misguided for - years? [face_worried]

8. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    :oops: I missed that someone 8-}

The link machine is magic :D

9. AlderaanianJazz

AlderaanianJazz Jedi Youngling

Jun 3, 2009
    Name: AlderaanianJazz, or Matt. Whichever you prefer.
    Boards Most Posted On: Before the Saga, Fan Fiction Resource
    Types of Stories I Like To Read/Write: I?m into KOTOR at the moment and, with the depth of material presented there, I don?t plan on leaving any time soon. I?ll occasionally write a piece set after the original trilogy, but it?s rare for me.
    Characters I Like To Read/Write: Original characters, and the cast of the Knights of the Old Republic ?duology?.
    Why I'm Here: I was just looking for a place to share my Star Wars fan fiction, and somehow I ended up here on JCF. Liked what I saw, and decided to try it out for a spin.

10. TylaMoore

TylaMoore Jedi Youngling star 1

Jul 3, 2009
    Name: TylaMoore, or Tyla, or Ty. It's all the same to me. ^^ Or for those that dare venture onto ff.net...Shadows of the Storm
    Boards Most Posted On: Before the Saga, Fan Fiction Resource
    Types of Stories I Like To Read/Write: Major KOTOR fan here! I'm addicted to romance and humor, but angst is also in my most read list. What do I write? Mostly romance and humor and angst. Starting to see a pattern here, eh?
    Characters I Like To Read/Write: Original characters, and the entire group of the Knights of the Old Republic series. I love 'em all!
    Why I'm Here: I was growing tired of the limited interactivity on all the other sites I had found and then I found TFN! I lurked around for a bit before I decided "what the hey?" and joined. And now I'm here for all the awesome people and all the diffrent resources I've got here.

11. DrAriafya

DrAriafya Jedi Youngling star 1

Nov 27, 2009
    Name: DrAriafya or DrG or AKA_Monet
    Boards Most Posted On: Fan Fiction Resource
    Types of Stories I Like To Read/Write: Crafting scientific facts around science fiction for an accurate picture. I think it helps expand one's mind IMHO. Biology, Science
    Characters I Like To Read/Write: Original characters, and the entire group of the Knights of the Old Republic series.
    Why I'm Here: Referred here by Star Wars Blogs as an active resource for those who want to get involved in writing FanFic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.