main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Fanfic Quotes

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by J_K_DART, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    More Amsterpieces, JeMs and Emsterpieces will follow - but for now, here's a part of Em's fic, Shades of Green that was absolutely SCARY!

Luke touched the blood-red button firmly, watching in awe as the silver blade spurted forward. It cast eerie shadows on everything its light touched. The Shadow craved light?consuming the light into its hungering depths, like water to a thirsty man in the desert. It would not stop until it had consumed the brightness, banishing its warmth to an eternal death.

Silently, he moved forward, intentionally blocking out all of the instincts screaming against him. He leaned his head very close to hers, noses almost touching. The other was trembling in fear. He laughed.

?You. Will. Die.?

*~*
    *shivers*

Brrr!

2. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    'Kay - time for some quotes from Crystal Tiara - an Amsterpiece as promised!

As Anakin would say, I was pawn in a game of chess with no rules and no regions to play within. - Padme... What can I say, I love chess! :D

?I am not one to fail the Republic, I want peace and prosperity just as much as you do.? ? Palpatine!

?Your word is worth nothing, old man!? ? rebel, to Palpatine!

?Why must I be the one to take the blame again?? Anakin Skywalker to Padme

?This is a holiday flyboy, not some therapeutic session for your bruised ego.? ? Padme to Anakin :D

?You don?t understand. Maybe, even if you did, you really wouldn?t,? ? Padme

"Vivid colours of golden and pearl swirled in one massive circle, which in turn dashed across the sky, dancing on the winds of triumph. The clouds were puffs of transparent chocolate, and sundown was a coat of yellow honey, mesmerizing to the eye. Below all this, lands of forest green skipped over gigantic hillsides, with flowers dotting the pattern. There was never any sign of civilisation, no indication that we were anywhere but a world of bliss, a far cry from our hectic lives.

"The atmosphere was scented with just a hint of strawberry perfume and the musky cologne of Anakin?s choice. He made an intoxicating mixture when flowers joined in this embrace of aroma. If I?d been able to predict what effect this had on my senses, I would have stepped out of the breeze. However, I was attached to it now, my hands grasping at the stone balcony railings. Everything in nature was beautiful, only intensified here, more blinding, more colourful.

"It was the most magnificent landscape I?d ever witnessed.

"With each day, it was changing, developing into a dazzling onslaught of colour that another generation could experience. That?s why I?ve fought so hard for Naboo to keep its ways, to not expand cities and destroy forests. More than three quarters of my homeworld is trees, flora, fauna and inhabited by wildlife. When the time came for Naboo to be transformed by industrial madness, I would give up.

"Light faded slowly, the red dusk vanishing to allow night entrance. I bid farewell to one, while greeting the other and the stars it accompanied. There was nothing like naturally occurring fireworks to kick-start an evening, and out of the corner of my eye I noticed Anakin move behind me, his powerful arms secured around my waist, owning my body and heart."
    Forgive me for posting a long quote, but *sigs* I LOVE that description of Naboo... Gotta be the best descriptive stuff I've seen in a LONG while, imo...

?Luke and Leia are one with the Force now. Their life would have only been seen in danger, and who knows what might happen to them when they grew older. They?re in a better place,? ? Anakin

?Darling,? Anakin softened. ?You can?t possibly say one thing and do another.?

?I loved them. I wanted to be called ?daddy?. I wanted it all, forever, in paradise, and to live a lifetime of eternities,? he breathed, emphasising each word. ?Padme, do you realise now??

?Goodnight Luke and Leia, my children. May the stars guide you to wherever you wish to go.?
    ? Padme

?He?s breaking down inside, just as you are. You need him, and he needs you.? ? Obi-Wan

?How am I to assist you if you don?t speak? I cannot hear words when you don?t say them, and I cannot listen when you turn away.? ? Obi-Wan, in one of my FAVOURITE lines from my FAVOURITE scene. Trust me gang; that scene looks as tho' a professional's produced it!

?You can tell Anakin to give me some time alone, instead of sending our friends in here like stringless puppets.

?I don?t need another puppeteer in the circus, Obi-Wan.?
    - Pads

3. ThePodSquad

ThePodSquad Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 25, 2001
    ?I loved them. I wanted to be called ?daddy?. I wanted it all, forever, in paradise, and to live a lifetime of eternities,? he breathed, emphasising each word. ?Padme, do you realise now??

J_K that is one of my favourite lines. It was then I started crying. Amsie is one masterful psycho/angst writer.

Hannah

4. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    I know - and CT's one of the best she's done, its even had me crying at parts..!

5. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Crying? I was past crying. I bawled. Lukie and Leia-darling! *wails*

6. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    CT is an absolutely original piece that is so emotional and wild... It's a raging river and all we can do is ride it and try not to lose ourselves in it...

7. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    Hey Pete - can we quote you on that? ;)

8. AngelQueen

AngelQueen Jedi Master star 4

Mar 1, 2001
    *blushes* Emmi! Thanks for quoting Slipknot! :) :D

AQ

9. EmilieDarklighter

EmilieDarklighter Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jan 19, 2002
    Tis one of my favorites, AQ! How could I not?

~Emmi~

10. PeterTutham27

PeterTutham27 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 23, 2001
    LOL Dart- Go for it! :p

11. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    From Hero - Tahiri/Jacen & JagJaina Romance

~~

"Never mind." Jacen paused, extending his hand to him, "Good luck, I guess and Wedge...this is my sister we're talking about..."

He smiled, nodding, "I know, I know. I'll keep her safe."

Jacen laughed, "I'm not worried about that. She's a Jedi. I mean, make sure she doesn't do anything stupid," and added silently, "It kinda runs in the family."

Wedge nodded, "I know what you mean. I'll watch her for you, and I'll tell Jag to do the same." Again, Jacen had to stifle a laugh as Wedge turned and left. Jacen really wasn't sure how Wedge would react if he ever found out about his nephew and Jaina. On second thought, Wedge was a calm, understanding guy. If anyone would flip out, it would have to be their father.

Hero

12. AERYN_SUN

AERYN_SUN Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 1, 2001
    Excerpted from Currently Untitled Episode II - by me and Theed

She looked at him honestly and Ewan frowned, and they both nodded in agreement. They were quiet for awhile before Ewan spoke again, smiling at her, ?Why did ye smile et me when you woke up??

Nat laughed, taking the water from him and drinking it, ?Waking up to your face is better than Ian?s, Ewan.?

He nodded, standing up again. Natalie frowned, following his lead. He looked at her and smiled, ?Do you want to go out to dinner? We?re pretty much through with filming for tonight.?

Natalie smiled back at him, mentally, throwing into Ewan?s arm and kissing him all over crying, ?Yes, yes, yes, yes! Take me Ewan!? She smirked. Crying that had a double meaning, she thought but then noticed Ewan again. He was waiting for a reply. ?Yes, I would love to go with dinner with you, Ewan.?

Ewan nodded, leaving her alone to freshen up. Once she was sure he was gone for sure, Natalie closed her door and whooped, ?YES!?

Currently Untitled Episode II - Co-written by Theed

13. poor yorick

poor yorick Ex-Mod star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Host

Jun 25, 2002
    These are from Cathypauline's Ward:

"So you are a pawn with delusions of grandeur."

"Sanctimonious Jedi brat."

This is from her story Seekers:

"Release your self-anger, Obi-Wan. You will meditate on your failings, and you will forgive yourself, as you must: you are a Jedi."

I've been starting to say that to myself whenever I do something dumb--which is a lot, lately. :)

14. DarthLothi

DarthLothi Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 4, 2001
    From One Chance, by Clarus, Jedi-Jae, et al...

This from Jae's post:

Amidala raised the blaster. Han shut up. He looked at Leia and cringed at her expression. Oh, man, it?s gonna be crossed legs and cold coffee for a month!

15. Jedi_StarDust

Jedi_StarDust Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 27, 2002
    From Burning Stars
    By: JaegerGhent

SCENE- Chem, Jaina's new wingmate for the time being, comes into her room at 1:00 AM to introduce himself.

?But Kyp?s description of you was definitely accurate.?

?Oh really?? She felt her temper spark. ?How did he describe me??

Chem shrugged, obviously not noticing that her voice had lowered an octave or two in pitch. ?He told me you were the ?cute brunette with the attitude?.?

Jaina blanched. ?The ?cute brunette with the attitude??? She scowled fiercely, making the boy take a quick step back.

He looked confused.

?Yeah, that?s what he said. I mean, I don?t think you have an attitude, but?well??
    He blushed.

[face_laugh] LOL! I love that scene, it was so hilarious!

Another scene also from Buring Stars (Note: I cut-out some of the paragraphs because the scene is kind of long)

SCENE- Jag is looking for Jaina's room so that he may apologize to her at one in the morning.

?Do you know which of these rooms Lieutenant Jaina Solo is staying in??

The boy jerked his thumb over his shoulder. ?Two-sixteen? You might want to know, though, that I don?t think she really wants company.?

Fel stopped again and looked at the boy. ?Why do you say that??

?I think she?s kinda occupied?if you know what I mean.?

Jag frowned.
    ?If you know what I mean??

The boy shook his head and disappeared around the corner. Jag pursed his lips and glanced at his chrono.

One-fifteen in the morning. What could Jaina possibly be doing at this hour?

Fel frowned, and slowly started to turn away.
    Kind of occupied?at one in the morning? What?s to occupy an eighteen year-old girl who?s been busy all day?what with simming against me, and running around with that Jedi?

Jag suddenly blanched and snapped back to look at her door again. She shouldn?t be doing anything at this hour unless?she was with Durron again. His mind whirled. But what would she be doing with him at one, except?

Jag forcefully cut off that train of thought. Jaina wouldn?t do that, not in a million years!?or would she? It suddenly occurred to Jag that he didn?t know Jaina well enough to be sure of this.

Fel slowly turned and started down the hall again toward the turbo lift. He wasn?t sure what Jaina Solo was busy with in the middle of the night, but it didn't sit well with him if she was in there with Durron. No, definitely not well at all.

By the way, this is all one big misunderstanding. Jag is just letting his imagination run wild. lol, confusion always winds up in a hilarious state [face_laugh]

EDIT- Okay, so I posted more than just one quote from each of those scenes... [face_blush] ;)

16. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    this one's from my fic - the title and link are in my signature:

Luke searched the racing chasm of his mind for anything that could help. "Grammel asked to speak with us about a crime we witnessed the other night..."

"Grammel said that?" one stormtrooper asked, and by the way he stressed the name Luke could tell he'd tossed it out improperly.

"We have to check your identification before we can let you through this gate," the other trooper said.

Leia drew in a deep breath.

Luke felt his heart leap into his throat, and his stomach rolled after it. He could think of only one response for the trooper's statement. He called the force as best he could, waved his hand in front of the troopers and said, in his best imitation of Obi-Wan Kenobi's placid tone, "You don't need to see our identification."

Leia placed her face in her hand and choked back the tears that threatened to take control. Luke Skywalker had just gone mad right there in front of her. She looked around for passive observers, but the few people nearby walked disinterestedly behind them. The two troopers exchanged glances through their skeletal masks, then returned their cold gazes to the fake miners.
    "What are you talking about?" one trooper asked incredulously.

17. Darth_Fruitcake

Darth_Fruitcake Jedi Padawan star 4

Jan 18, 2001
    I hate to quote myself, I really do, but if we're all shamelessly plugging here... ;)

From my ficPeace of Mind, an Inter-trilogy/OT AU focusing on Padme, Vader, and the Skywalker crew.

"I have no time for this, Doctor. I have a purpose in being here, and it is not to discuss psychotic women." --Darth Vader

18. zeekveerko

Apr 30, 2002
    [face_laugh]

yeah, fruitcake, no shame in plugging your stories - how else will you get readers? good quote.

edit - i just read the story - you have plenty of readers already....

19. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    I'm sort of in shock over that, Zeek. I still don't understand why so many people are interested in my story - but I'm happy. ;)

20. zeekveerko

Apr 30, 2002
    We like it cuz it's good, Fruity!

I'd say more, but this is the wrong thread for boosting your ego. ;)

21. J_K_DART

Dec 31, 2001
    One amusing line from Fruity's story -
    if you weren't insane, you weren't a part of the club, the clique.
    [face_laugh]
    EDIT: Spelling GAAAAAH! I hate this keyboard!

22. Darth_Silenous

Darth_Silenous Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 21, 2002
  23. Sebulba2179

Sebulba2179 Jedi Master star 4

Feb 5, 2002
    Aha! My sanity has yet to falter! See, Fruity? I told you I didn't belong in that little group.

24. Darth_Fruitcake

Jan 18, 2001
    *has no comment on the Clique line* ;)

25. Jedi_Sari

Jedi_Sari Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 4, 2002
    I was just reading this story, Devotion by Jedi-Princess-Solo(link is at the bottom) and i found these quotes incredibly amusing, i dunno could be because its 3 am, but i dont think so.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    (Gotta love the Mara jokes)

"Never, ever make Luke Skywalker angry. He doesn't need the dark side to scare you senseless. He's got something much scarier."

"What's that?" Jag asked.

Han grinned. "Mara Jade."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    (This one just gives me a really funny mental image)

"Does Luke know about this?" Wedge asked with a grin.

The entire building shook suddenly, wind blowing papers across the room, and Wedge heard Corran give a yelp from the hallway. "By the Sith! What is wrong with Master Skywalker?!"

Jag exchanged a grim look with his uncle. "I would imagine so."
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=7074182&page=1

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.