main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Discussion Fanfic Quotes

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by J_K_DART, Jul 24, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. jedi-solo-fel

jedi-solo-fel Jedi Youngling star 2

Jul 27, 2002
    JPS' latest post on Revelations...WOW! :eek: That's all I can say. This line really just stuck out in my head, though, so I thought I'd share it :p ;)

For Jaina, he was going to sell his soul to the dark side. [face_devil]

2. jedifighter

jedifighter Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 19, 2002
    Kewl. Here's from my fanfic Star Wars/ Super Smash Bros crossover.

Ketchup! from Pikachu

HEY! YOU HAVE FOOD THIS WHOLE TIME? from Vader

Suckers....too bad I don't know where I am...*pauses* HEY! THAT MEANS I'M LOST! from Pikachu

Hehehe.

3. jedi-solo-fel

Jul 27, 2002
    He he, I think this is my all-time fav. Luke/Mara fanfic quote :D

"That's why I love you, Mara," Luke said, tilting her chin and kissing her softly.

Mara's eyes narrowed in amusement. "I thought you loved me because I decided not to kill you?"

Luke grinned. "That too."

Thanks for making me laugh w/ that one, JPS :p ;)

4. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    jaina-solo-fel, which story was that quote from? do you remember?

5. jedi-solo-fel

Jul 27, 2002
  6. Jedi_Liz

Jedi_Liz Jedi Grand Master star 6

Apr 24, 2000
    thank you. That was a good quote. :)

7. Zena_Antilles

Zena_Antilles Jedi Youngling star 1

Apr 3, 2002
    This one is from Fathers and Sons, by Mira_Terrik & Gr-Adm-Thrawn

Here's the set-up: Han and Soontir just walked in on Jaina and Jag making out in a deserted hangar bay ...

"SOLO! GET YOUR DAUGHTER OFF MY SON!"

?Stop shouting, Fel!?

Jag pushed himself off Jaina so fast and with enough force to stagger backward. He blinked several times, trying to think through the fog of passion that still clouded his head.

?Father!?

?Dad!? Jaina fumbled with her top, tucking it back into her shorts.

?Jagged!? Soontir menaced, blaster still in hand.

?What the hell were you thinking?! What if someone saw you -? Han started.

?Someone DID see them, you idiot!? Soontir shot back.

?Shut up, Fel!?

?Oh, now I have to decontaminate the hull ...? Soontir lamented, caressing the TIE?s solar panel.

?Be thankful they weren?t in the cockpit!? Han quipped.

?Solo, why you -? The Baron took two long strides towards Solo - the two men were practically nose-to-nose.

It took Jag a few seconds to register that things were quickly getting out of control. He shook his head and moved to intercept his father, standing directly in front of him.

?I don?t think you?d be half as amused,? his father started, talking over Jag?s head, ?if these two were caught in the Falcon?s pilot seat.?

Jaina staggered as she heard the Baron?s comment - right next to her the energy of a star going nova burned through the Force.

?Dad, please!? she pleaded, coming up behind Jag to face her father.

A twinkle sparkled in Soontir?s eye. Now THAT must have stung.

Han brushed past Jaina. ?You take that back you space happy pirate! No one talks about the Falcon that way!?

And this one is from Revelations, by Jedi-Princess-Solo:

Temptation welled, fierce and strong. He would bring her back, he would save her. He would use the power that he'd neglected for so long, the power that existed within him. He would use it, one last time, to save Jaina.

Not even Luke Skywalker could tell him it was wrong to do so. To save Jaina, Luke's own niece. No one would dare to judge him, to condemn him. And if they did, it didn't matter, because he would have her back, he would have her at his side again.

He couldn't live any other way.

"May I be forgiven for what I am about to do," he whispered softly, his voice breaking.

He knew that what he was thinking was wrong. He knew it, knew it down to his very bones, knew it with every fiber of his being. He knew that if he went through with this, there would be no turning back.

He was about to commit the cardinal sin for a Jedi

But he didn't care. Jaina Solo was the one person that he could not live without. The one person that he would follow into the depths of hell.

For Jaina, he was going to sell his soul to the dark side.

Okay, that's more of a narration, but that moved me deeply.

Both of these stories are just getting better and better! 8-}

8. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    *sighs* I'm really gonna hafta spend more time reading fanfics - and JPS' will have to be on the list!

9. jedi-solo-fel

Jul 27, 2002
    I think you'll like her stories, JKD ;) JPS' stories are some of my favorites :D

10. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
  11. Dantana Skywalker

Dantana Skywalker Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Apr 7, 2002
    Someone quoted "Aftershock"! I'm so happy!

My personal fave quote, other than the one from "Aftershock" that's already been posted, is this:

Kyp was headed to find Jaina with her parents when he ran right into Wedge Antilles. He'd been so lost in thought that he hadn't even noticed the general.

"Oh, excuse me," he said.

Wedge eyed him for a moment, then nodded. "I take it you're headed to speak to the Solos?" he asked.

Kyp nodded. He couldn't help it. The thought of Jaina made a goofy grin spread across his face, though he tried desperately to contain it.

The general blinked. One mention of the Solos, and Durron was grinning like an idiot. He'd never seen the expression on the Jedi's face before, and was taken aback. Why in the moons of Bogden would the Jedi Master be so happy to see the Solos?

Then it occured to him. It wasn't the Solos. It was JAINA. He should have seen it, after the way Kyp had reacted after the furball just a few days before. he hadn't left Jaina's side, and had nearly panicked when they'd pulled her out of her X-wing, with blood running down her face.

"You're in love with Jaina," Wedge blurted, then cursed. He hadn't meant to say it.

Kyp stared at him for a moment, then exhaled loudly. "Everyone keeps saying that. What, do I have the words 'I love Jaina Solo' written on my forehead?"

It's from my 'fic, "Against All Odds".

Dana

12. Master_Jaina1011

Master_Jaina1011 Jedi Master star 4

May 20, 2002
    I enjoy the fanfics and so many of them have so many good lines.

13. jedi-solo-fel

Jul 27, 2002
    Here's a great one from "Shadows" by Kathryn and JPS ;)

From the smoke emerged a cloaked figure, tendrils of gray mist swirling around him like a cape of fog. The figure stopped, and slowly hands reached up to pull back the hood that had kept his face shadowed.

And Anakin found himself face-to-face with the man who had been like a father to him, the man that had betrayed him, the man that he hated and loved with equal passion.

"Hello, Anakin," Obi-Wan Kenobi said calmly. "I've been expecting you."

It's the scene just before the famous duel [face_devil]

14. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    Some more shameless self-promotion. This one's from the latest post of Continuation. Here's the setup: Valin Horn and Syal Antilles have just crash landed on Yavin Four. This is Jysella's reaction.

"Jysella, they're gone," Corran told her gently. "They're gone."

"No," she whispered feebly in denial. "No, not dead. Can't be dead. Have to be alive."

"Sweetheart, they're gone," Corran repeated, his voice pained and choked with tears.

The very last reserve of sanity that Jysella had snapped at that simple phrase. Struggling in her father's embrace, she thrashed violently. Her eyes were wide, but saw nothing but the mental image of Valin as she had last seen him: strong, healthy, joking... alive.

"
    VALIN!!!"

15. Sketkh

Sketkh Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jun 22, 2002
    Here's my favorite quote from my Fanfic series:mad: The Legacy Saga Fanfic series @

The Scene(which hasn't been written yet) takes place while Ambassador Amidala goes into hiding under the protectin of Aled Oden. Aled has been asked by Padme(a clone of the original from two thousand years earilier.) to teach her the Martial arts styles of the Jedi to better her own fighting skills to help give her something to do while passing the time away.

All was quiet in the workroom, Padme and Aled sat infront of each other siiting with thier knees bent beneath them. Aled was doing his best to help the Amabassador seek peace through relaxation. Something she had not recieve alot of in the past years but was now coimng to accept more easily with the help of Her Jedi friend in a very interesting conversation on the merits of the Force.

"I don't mean to be rude Aled but how can the Jedi Keep peace through the force when thier are so many people stilll out in the univers who deny it's existense?"

Aled took in a deep breath, reflecting on something his master once taught him when he pressed a simular question. "The Force is true, anything else is a fool denying themselves the Truth!"

"I see..." she said, a bit befuddled...

that's about it.

16. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    From Queen_Sara's Tears Can Be Mended (http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8066111&page=1)

"Yane, I'm fine, no need to worry." Sare protested, but she still insisted on inspecting the angry red burn on Sare's chest. Sare removed her blouse, allowing Yane to see the wound.

"We just pray that Anakin doesn't come in while Yane's doing this." Rabe joked a few moments later.

"But what would be wrong with that?" An amused, slightly accented voice came from a corner, making them all jump. Sare hurriedly pulled the sheets up, blushing furiously.

Anakin just gave them a cocky grin. It took them a minute, but his grin was erased as Sare's head landed on the bed with a small thud, and Anakin was beaten with pillows.

Finally Rabe spoke up. "Padme, would you like to regale us with some stories about you and Anakin?"

Sare groaned. "I hear enough of them in the middle of the night." She imitated Padme's voice. "Oh Ani! Oh Ani! What do they teach you at the Temple? Oh Ani!" She grinned. "Yeah, I don't need any more."

17. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Well, here's some self-promotion. ;)

All fanfics mentioned are linked to in my profile:

Acceptable Losses

Kevin: Nice shot.
    9-LOM: Yeah, I get that a lot.

Traitors

Imperial Pilot: Nice shot.

Comm-Silence

Dispatch: Nice shot.

The Very Pulse of the Machine

"Nova": Nice shot.

The Big Chill

Wes Janson: Nice shot.

Gone to Ground

"Prowler": Nice shot.

Sense a pattern? Oh, by the way, "I have a bad feeling about this." ;)

18. Leah-Beth

Leah-Beth Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 6, 2002
    More self-promotion. Once again from Continuation:

"Jacen, this is crazy!" Tahiri cried, looking at him as if he were a madman.

"So?" he retorted. "My father always was able to pull off crazy, insane stunts."

"But you're not your father!"

"I don't know," he replied evenly. "My mother has been telling me a lot lately that I
    am turning into my father."

And another:

"Go back, Tahiri!" he called to her over the loud crackling of fire not far away. "This is crazy! I don't want you to get hurt!"

"So you can do crazy things and I can't?" she asked, coming to stand beside Jacen, so that they wouldn't have to yell. "I've been around you Solos enough to know that you always need someone watching your back. So here I am!"

19. zeekveerko

zeekveerko Jedi Knight star 5

Apr 30, 2002
    Syntax - [face_laugh] Nice shot.

20. Syntax

Syntax Jedi Grand Master star 5

Aug 1, 2001
    Yeah, I get that a lot. ;)

I stick those two lines in every SW fanfic I write, and a different person says "Nice shot" each time, but it's always 9-LOM who says "Yeah, I get that a lot". Kinda like how "I have a bad feeling about this" is in every Star Wars film.

21. Jazz_Skywalker

Jazz_Skywalker Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 3, 2002
    From Jedi_Suzuran's Once Awake, A Series of POV Post Ep. III Vignettes

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9164277&page=1

Qui-Gon's POV, about Anakin

All I can do now is wait. Wait for the balance that will happen, as shadows continue to entwine the galaxy, suffocating the Light and the hope.

I still believe he will bring balance. Am I dillusional?

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

My own, What if Anakin didn't turn...but someone else did?

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=8269196&page=1

"Your parents can be responsible, you know," Obi-Wan said to the twins. "It's just that when I'm around a.k.a. all the time they choose not to."

"Anakin...," Obi-Wan said, his patience wearing thin, "most Jedi don't have this happen to them. What with Palpatine becoming the Emperor, taking over the galaxy, and attempting to exterminate the Jedi, I'd say we had a good chance to make the history holos."

She chuckled softly as one of the twins awoke with a loud cry.
    "You get him," Anakin mumbled to Obi-Wan, half-asleep.
    "No...he's your son," Obi-Wan grumbled. "And you are my Padawan, so you do it."

"We could name him after Obi-Wan," Padme said, putting their boy back into his bed.
    "You do that," the Jedi had finally gotten up, "and I will be forced to jump off that cliff outside this house."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Another one of mine, Blue Obsession

http://boards.theforce.net/message.asp?topic=9139850&replies=0

"Master!" Anakin pleaded. "You're old, you should know how to do this!"
    Obi-Wan sat down on the bed. "First lesson, Anakin - never call your teacher old when you want him to do something. What are you planning on doing tonight?"
    Anakin just stared at him.
    "You planned on doing that all night? She'd be bored with in five minutes."
    "Please stop being sarcastic!" Anakin cried, anguished. "It's not my fault I have no experience with women!"

JS

22. Jeff 42

Jeff 42 Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 14, 1998
    LI-GON: The boy... you must train the boy. He is the Chosen One... he will bring balance...

OB-EWAN: Couldn't you come up with a more reasonable last request? I really hate that kid.

Li-Gon lets out a final ragged breath and lays still. Ob-Ewan gets up to leave.

LI-GON: Wait... there's more.

OB-EWAN: Oh, sorry. Thought you died.

LI-GON: (whispering) Ob-Ewan... there's always... a bigger... fish.

OB-EWAN: That's why you're not on the council.

--TPM Humorous Version

And here's one of mine:

She made her way over to the shelves that ran along one wall. These contained more clothing, some fully-built models, including an X-wing, and a large pile of datacards. Leia felt tense with excitement as she began to go through them. Could there be something here?

The first titles she saw, however, did not look promising. A few were nonfiction or educational, such as Landspeeder Repair and Elementary Astrogation. Most looked to be entertainment titles. Pirates of the Unknown Regions, The Invaders Saga, Beyond Hope . . . she paused at Adventures in the Force, but found that it was another low-grade drama. Luke, of course, would not have known when he was a fan of these stories that he was destined to become a star player in the greatest drama of all.

Death of a Starship Captain . . . Attack of the Clones? "Who comes up with this stuff?" Leia muttered.

--The Dark Path (What if Vader didn't turn at Endor?)

23. J_K_DART

J_K_DART Jedi Grand Master star 5

Dec 31, 2001
    For something to do, I'm dredging through...

These are all from my fanfics in my sig...

LEGENDS

Tahiri licked her lips, struggling to find the words. ?Anakin? I?m sorry? Your uncle passed away at three this afternoon.? Direct; but she?d probably known not to waste the words, but to cut to the chase.

The words shook him, but Anakin could feel in his heart that they simply hadn?t gone in. Luke Skywalker was a legend, and legends never died. It was easy to say he was gone, but the Jedi Master had been thought dead so many times before, and he?d beaten death all those times?

Your uncle passed away at three this afternoon.

?How did it happen??

The numbness in the Jedi?s heart was growing. He didn?t feel anything in particular, his emotions seemed to have been put on mute.

All his wife did, was shrug. ?It just? happened. Mara knew he was ill, she went to fetch an MD, but he wouldn?t let it near. He just told her to look after herself? and after Ben? and then he simply faded away?? Tears returned to the woman?s eyes.

And then he simply faded away.

?So he?s dead.? Unconsciously Anakin slumped in the seat of his X-wing, mind still feeling so very numb. ?And one with the Force.? After all, death wasn?t the end of the road for a Jedi ? there was so much more. And, like his mentors Obi-Wan and Yoda, like Daeshara?cor, his uncle?s body had shimmered out of existence ? uniting with the Force that had been his lifeblood for so many years.

Even legends can die.

?Tell Mom I?m on the way home. Anakin out.?

. . .

ow Mara spoke once again, and her words were undercut by the Force; so strong, even Anakin was riveted. ?Luke knew this was coming, I think; one of the last things he said was to give me this, a holo-generator, and tell me to play it at the funeral.? Whispers rustled like the wind through the Dagobah leaves, but Anakin ignored them, suddenly knowing. A legend always lives on.

The whispers died down in a moment, quietening, out of respect. Slowly Mara rested the projector on the muddy ground, and depressed a small button.

When the image shimmered into existence, Anakin?s throat burned and tears misted his eyes. Luke Skywalker had appeared, speaking to his students even after his death. Even in old age, his uncle still bore the appearance of youthful energy and innocence, his eyes sparkling with life? How could that life be dead?

The voice was as firm and steady as it had ever been. ?Jedi Knights? and my friends?? But it didn?t sound sad. It sounded determined, certain. ?I knew this was going to happen, the Force had told me. Though I?m strong in the Force, even I can?t hold back death ? but I don?t want to anyway. Right here, you?re standing in the clearing where my own mentor died, where Master Yoda became one with the Force. I remember my pain; and I can imagine the pain seeing my ?ghost? is doing to you. But these last words are for you, all of you. And I want these words to go out to the Galaxy, as my blessing.

?I guess in some ways I?m a legend. You?ve probably already heard the stories, of how I won the battles, turned the tide of the Rebellion pretty much single-handed.? The aged Jedi Master?s eyes faded with memories. ?It wasn?t an easy life. I remember the pain of finding my homestead, wiped out by Imperials; the heartache as I saw my first mentor cut down before my eyes. There were moments of sadness and pain ? moments of utter despair, as when I learned who my father was. But I overcame it, and I accomplished great things. I destroyed a Death Star, redeemed a Sith Lord and had a hand in destroying another. I helped drive back the Ssi-Ruuk, helped found the New Republic; I was the one who started Rogue Squadron. I shaped a new order of Jedi Knights, moving on from the old; I battled the Yuuzhan Vong at Helska, Coruscant, and Belkadan, not counting a dozen and one other battles. I guess I am something of a legend.? Anakin shuddered, realising anew how much the Galaxy had lost.

But now,

24. Alybrylla

Alybrylla Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 12, 2002
    From When Good Masters Go Bad by Obi the Kid:

"(On the way back to their apartment, they spotted Master Yareal Poof at the end of the hall, coming in their direction.)

Obi: Master, look. Poofy. He looks even weirder from far away.

Qui: Yes. He's mocking me from the end of the corridor. Look how his head goes baaaaaaaaaack and forrrrrrrrrrth. Baaaaaaaaaaaack and forrrrrrrrth. Baaaaaaaaack and...

Obi: MASTER!

Qui: HUH? What?

Obi: Stop that. You were mocking yourself.

Qui: Oh. Okay, quiet. Here he comes.

Poof: BOO!

Qui: Stop mocking me you fool.

Obi: Wow, he is one freaky guy!

Qui: Don't worry my long-necked, helium head friend. Revenge will soon come for you. REVENGE!

Qui: REVENGE!

Obi: Okay, okay. We get the point. Mr. Poof probably has work to do, let him go, Master. You can seek your revenge later.

Qui: There is no help for you.

Obi: Glad to see we are all being adults here. Come on, Master. Leave Mr. Poof alone now. Let's go."

25. Jedi_Johnson

Jedi_Johnson Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2002
    Yes a section of legends. That was great work JK. If you all haven't read it I suggest reading it. Its absolutly fantastic.

J_J

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.