main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanfic to Real Life Coincidences

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Neon Star, Dec 8, 2001.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Neon Star

Neon Star Jedi Grand Master star 5

Mar 30, 2000
    Have you ever had a feeling that fanfic is too much of your life when you see something and that it reminds you of a fanfic. Or something in RL seems like something in your fic.

Here is one for me. I was working on a Biggs the Vampire fic at school. When I went to lunch, one of my friends had been dared to wear a pair of fake fangs through the day. It seemed pretty werid that she would be wearing fangs on the same day that I am starting a new vampire fic! Then of course there was this one guy at school that I saw that reminded me of a character in SW and another fandom I am in. I have a few more, and they seem to be getting more and more common. Maybe I am nuts, but has anyone else had that kind of thing happen to them?

2. LinaOrgana

LinaOrgana Jedi Youngling star 2

Nov 22, 2001
    I've had something like those... a friend and I who did a lot of joint writing in a fanfic club had a pair of original characters named Daphnette (mine) and Doyalan (hers). They were each in seperate fics originally, but when we started writing together, the two characters ended up hooking up and getting engaged. My friend and I had a song we both thought of as 'their song' but we'd never been able to find out who sang it.

One day I finally managed to find the song on Napster... and, I nearly died when I saw this, the woman who sang it was named Damhnait (pronounced DAHF-nit) Doyle.

3. Darth Geist

Darth Geist Jedi Master star 5

Oct 23, 1999
    A while back, I started writing an EpII-era fanfic, where a terrorist leader threatens the Republic. Having finished a key scene--in which the Senate debates on how to deal with the terrorist--I decided to call it a day.

That was September 10th. [face_plain]

4. Jedi Girl of Corellia

Jedi Girl of Corellia Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jun 23, 2000
    Oh man, weird.

I know I went to a resteraunt and the server looked exactally like one of my original characters, Hendrix. Then my best friend looks like a younger version of Leia.

5. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    In All the Wrong Places, I was about to post one of the major scenes when a knock came on my door. It was Eme, telling me that there was a prayer meeting at 11 for everyone in New York and Washington, DC. I said, "What about New York?" It was September 11, 9 a.m. I went back to the post and didn't put it up for another four days. The reason was that it was the scene detailing the beginning of the Jedi Purges and at the end, the Jedi Temple collapses in flames.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.