main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanfic Trivia 2005:Answers Now Posted!

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Herman Snerd, Nov 25, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Lex

Darth_Lex Jedi Grand Master star 4

Nov 17, 2002
    I'll add my thanks, Herman. =D= I really enjoyed the game. :D Some of those questions were really hard. :eek:

2. rhonderoo

rhonderoo Former Head Admin star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 7, 2002
    Yes, definitely. Thanks for the help, Herman. [:D]

3. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    Thanks, Herman. For some reason I think you enjoy watching us pull our hair out though. :p

4. Draconarius

Draconarius Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 27, 2005
    This was also my first experience with the Trivia (just like my teammate, oldj), but I enjoyed it a lot, Herman. Even though I think it's going to take me 6 months to grow back all the hair I pulled out...

Thanks for a great game, Herman.

5. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    =D=

Thanks for all the work you put in on this, Herman, and good luck to everyone.

It was fun, in a strange kind of way :p

6. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    Just popping in to add my word of thanks to Herman. This was my first FF Trivia Game and it was a blast. :)

- lazy

7. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Here ya go - answers galore!

Fanfic Trivia 2005

Before the Saga

1) Name the story and author in which Chapter 31 is subtitled: 'Letters of Red.'

The Unchosen by maychorian

2) Give the first names of Kip Metroquarz's parents.

Father - Monuzan Mother - Kilieth

3) In a story by Kynstar, who did Lindoro D'Lockens punch in the nose?

Kalriss Pelori

4) In the fic Dawn of Evil, what is Darth Plagueis' alter ego?

Stamm Bel Iblis

5) What fic by Durheleidiel was begun on August 18th at 9:34 PM board time?

My Jedi, My Brother, Myself

6) Unscramble the anagram "Deny a Sin Question Fire Skull" to come up with a Before the Saga story title.

Of Unique Skills and Serenity

7) In the fic Jedi at Hogwarts, how old are Obi-Wan and Siri when the story takes place?

Sixteen

8) Janis Ablestar and Eeki Oraganto own a Corellian YT-2400 light freighter. What is the name of this ship?

The Liberator

9) What is the nickname of Padawan Axemali Eestheil?

Wolfbane

10) In the short story Silhouetted by Light, how long did it take Obi-Wan to travel from Coruscant to Keliso?

Two days

11) In what fic do we learn that at age 8, Obi-Wan needed to have his stomach pumped after trying to eat Yoda's stew?

Healer's Record of Obi-Wan Kenobi

12) In what fic by Bastet are Obi-Wan and Qui-Gon forced to fly home from Creon IV in a cramped transport ship after their own ship had been destroyed due to rioting?

Two Grumpy Jedi

13) In the fic Scars and Beginnings, Qui-Gon regularly plays Sabacc with what other Jedi Masters?

Master Windu, Master Linko at Master Tr'hen

14) Which long-running fic features original characters Chenowyth and Dai Tolwyn?

Crash Course 2: Perfect

15) The Graan Sanga corridor runs from the main building of the great Dansi Sikin Palace to the Sanga ballroom. What color are its massive doors?

Red

The Saga

1) Find a fic where, in the very first post, Luke kills Palpatine, Vader and Yoda.

Hit the Ground by Rynne

2) Provide the author and the title of the fic in which the following passage appears:

"I could not have," Vader replied truthfully. "Not without jeopardizing everything we have worked for."

"You mean everything you've worked for, don't you?" Leia retorted bitterly, raising her head.

"Everything I have done is for you," Vader insisted firmly. "You know this, Leia. When Palpatine is dead, this Empire will be yours to run, as you see fit."

"Then why couldn't you just kill Tarkin before he blew up Alderaan and get on with killing the Emperor?" Leia asked him tearfully, looking at him with wide brown eyes, full of pain and hurt.

A Single Thread by AngelOfDarkness

3) What are the names of Emudin and Lasea Havi'la's five children?

Thali, Nati, Areor, Tahiri, and Ashad

4) In what fic does Anakin catch Obi-Wan watching As the Galaxy Turns?

The Dating Game: Episode II

5) In the fic Dereliction of Duty, after Anakin is wounded in battle from an explosion, what does the medical droid give as his odds of survival?

750 to 1

6) What story did Siaynoqsbride say was her first "major" fic?

Forever

7) In what ROTS AU story do Obi-Wan, Anakin, and Count Dooku join forces to battle Palpatine on board the Invisible Hand?

Neither Fallen Nor Redeemed

8) In the fic Blood and Ashes, where to Boba Fett and Miele go when they leave Tatooine?

Kaal

9) In the fic The One He Saved, while Han and Leia are in the mess hall, two people pull blasters on them. Name the two gunmen.

Wes and Hobbie

10) Give the name of the author of a fic in which a character named Tarius takes the spirit of Obi-Wan after his death in ANH and re-inserts him into his body during the duel with Darth Maul in TPM.

8. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Oops, even some of the answers I thought I knew, from searching them out turned out, to be wrong... or at least different.

9. lazykbys_left

Feb 17, 2005
    There's just one thing I want to know. Just how would a normal person (i.e., someone who isn't as demented as I am) go about solving the anagram question? With a bunch of Scrabble tiles?

- lazy

10. TKeira_Lea

TKeira_Lea Jedi Knight star 5

Oct 10, 2002
    For the anagram, I started looking for fics with Q or K in the title. Finally one of them worked out ;)

11. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

* grins * I also looked for fics with 'Q's and 'K's in the title, because I knew that combo would be rare :D

GMTA, Tricia ;)

Gah! IronParrot pushed the button? How in the blazes was ANYONE supposed to know that one????

12. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Several mods told me that it's JediGaladriel! So who won?

13. Princess_Arulmozhi

Princess_Arulmozhi Jedi Master star 4

Nov 16, 2004
    Unscramble the anagram "Deny a Sin Question Fire Skull" to come up with a Before the Saga story title.

Of Unique Skills and Serenity

I kept running around in circles, but I could not guess that at all. [face_frustrated]

And to think that I actually wrote that blasted fic.

[face_worried] :p

14. oldjedinurse

oldjedinurse Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 6, 2003
    :)

Yes, I searched for Q's and K's and two L's, similar to TKL and LadyPadme. Found it in about 5 minutes. (Sorry, lazykbys!)

I heard that JediGaladriel developed the Resource forum, but didn't "push the button"...

oldj

15. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

oldj, so does that mean you knew the answer? [face_hypnotized]

16. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Wow, if I had actually had time this weekend to do something intelligent, I knew a ton more of the answers than I thought I did. Good job to everyone who did it.

17. lazykbys_left

Feb 17, 2005
    Q's and K's, huh? :oops:

I took my list of Before the Saga thread titles and ran them through a simple program that filtered out the ones that didn't have the right letters. Then I went through the 25 candidates and threw out the ones that had Qui-Gon listed as a character. Took me about thirty happy minutes of programming and two more of saying good-bye to Qui.

. . . and then I kept missing Of Unique Skills and Serenity because my brain refused to notice the D in "and".

- lazy

18. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    LOL, how clever of you.

19. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002
    Did I say you were scary before?

20. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    :eek: OMG!!!! I got an answer right from a random guess!!!! [face_dancing]

Thank you, Herman, for a fun game! This was my first time playing, too, and even though it was rather...difficult in spots, it was overall a fun time. :D

BTW, for the anagram, I tried the looking-through-titles-for-Q's/K's/etc. method. I just didn't look hard enough. :p

21. DarthIshtar

Mar 26, 2001
    Even though I couldn't get it done in time, it was fun to do the research. Great questions, Herman. Glad to have you back.

22. Dingo

Dingo Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 23, 2001
    Since Galadriel was promoted to moderator 3 months after the WR forum was created, not to mention not becoming a manager until her second time around at being part of the MS, it would have been hard.

But I forgot completely about IP being a manager at the time. Sorry LP. [face_blush]

23. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    And I thought I had a reliable answer because two mods answered teh same thing. Running a program to unscramble the anagram was clever. *sighs* If only this was a graphing calculator contest. Then I'd be pulling program after program from my sleeves (if I look like I'm playing calc games, I'm usually writing/testing programs on that Silver). I was stuck with usinig edit/find and the search engine for most of the fanfic stuff. Thankfully, I got lucky while looking for the fanclubber and ran into a profile full of fanfic links on the third or fourth that I tried.

24. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Do I know you? [face_not_talking] :p

j/k, Dingo, we're endlessly grateful for your help! [:D]

25. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Resource creator: we got told it was JG as well. [face_plain]

Anagram: I caved in and bargained for it. :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.