main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Fanfic Trivia 2006 - Finishing order being posted

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Herman Snerd, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    By now, hopefully you've all heard about the fanfic trivia game and you're all asking yourselves, "Why should I play?" Well, here's a few reasons:

1) Be exposed to fanfic you've never read before.

2) Get to know your fellow fanficcers by working with them and/or conspiring against them.

3) Two weeks of pretty VIP colors as well as a title explaining why you're suddenly a VIP. For those who are already VIPs, you will be free to change your current boring colors for that time period. Those who are mods/managers/admins will be demoted for two weeks. ;
    4) Bragging rights.

Format

The trivia has been divided into four parts - the three forums containing stories and some general questions from the Resource forum and elsewhere. For ease of scoring, every question - even multiple part questions - will be worth a single point (with the exception of Question #1 in the "Forum History" group). Out of the goodness of my tiny little heart I'm going to keep the questions divided by forum, so when you're stumped on a question (which will be often) you'll at least know what forum to look in.

You can play alone or with a partner, but there will be no teams allowed with more than two "official" players.

Time

The game this year will run from when I post this thread on Friday, July 14th until Sunday, July 23rd, 11:59 PM (board time). At any time within those nine days the teams can submit their answer sheet to me via PM. Only one set of answers per team will be allowed and I'm going to accept the first one only, so don't submit your answers unless you're certain you can't answer any more or you're out of time. Be sure to include your team name when submitting answers.

Official Rules:

1. The game winner will be determined by whichever team correctly answers the most questions posted below.

2. In the event of a tie score, the winners will be whichever team submitted its entry first.

3. Teams will be restricted to a maximum of 2 players and a minimum of one player.

4. Trivia answers will be sent directly to me via PM only. Only one answer submission per team will be accepted.

5. Once a winner is declared, the answers will be displayed. There will be a 48 hour period where players can dispute an answer and thereby the outcome of the game. After that time expires, the prize is awarded and any subsequent complaints will be soundly ignored.

6. To overturn the outcome of the game the contesting team must provide ironclad proof that the given answer is wrong. In the event that happens I will immediately pass the blame along to someone else and the results will be retabulated.

7. Herman reserves the right to change the rules as he sees fit.

Unofficial Rules:

1. While the official teams are limited to 2 people, there's nothing to stop teams from trading answers back and forth behind the scenes as well as contacting non-players and hitting them up for answers.

2. Given that trading answers aids the opposition as much as it helps you, it only really works if the opposition gives you the correct answer and you give them a load of crap.

3. Lying, cheating, and backstabbing are encouraged.

4. Trust no one.

Here are the questions. :D

[b][i]2006 Trivia Questions[/i][/b]

[b]Before the Saga[/b]

1) Unscramble the following anagram to get a Before the Saga story title. [i]Niche Judge Had Pie: Objectors Had Tossed Waffles[/i]

2) Provide the author of a completed fic in which Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan arrive on Coruscant in Transport J-29568-Oh with the distress beacon activated.

3) What story uses the following five words in the first post: fledgeling, balance, outcasts, effluent, chalice?

4) What is the rank of Artin Olizael?

5) How many years has Ylana Motti been an educator?

6) In [i]A Drop of Rain[/i], what is the name of Shmi's brother?

7) Whose starship, the [i]Cardinal[/i], was kept docked at Mos Espa spaceport in Docking Bay 72?

8) In what AU story was Qui-Gon swaddled in a katan with de>

2. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Aaack! It's begun!!! :eek:

Oooh, Herman, you are SOOOO EVIL! [face_devil]

But then again, Evil is our name... [face_mischief]

3. Jaya Solo

Jaya Solo Jedi Knight star 5

Jul 12, 1999
    Yay! This is exciting! [face_dancing]

4. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    This'll be so much fun.

5. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Just a quick little announcement.

If you're reading this thread and notice that you or your fic has been used as one of the questions, there's no need to just start announcing the answer to the question that pertains to you.

Let those playing the game suffer - um, I mean let them have the satisfaction of finding the answer on their own. O:)

Thanks. [face_devil]

6. Earthknight

Earthknight Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 3, 2002
    This looks like fun. Um...when does the game begin?

7. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    The game began when I made that first post. :)

If you didn't get signed up to play, you still can at any time. You can play solo or find a partner to help.

Only two people per team, though.

PM me if you have any questions. :)

8. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade VIP star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Give those evil henchwomen of yours a raise, Herman. :p

And watch your back. [face_devil]

(Booger!)

9. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Ack. *pictures Herman in his mountain hideout, cackling*

I hate you and I hope you die a slow and horrible death.

That is all.

:p

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrely Community Mod star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I'm surprised I know any answers at all. LOL

Still, very evil questions indeed. The results will be very interesting and I'll be most impressed with anyone that gets more than half of them.

11. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003
    Wow what interesting questions :D I was really surprised that I didn't know that many of the answers on the Before questions -- I knew a couple though.

For those who are interested in the answer to number 10 -- there can be more than one right answer ;) nice trick question there, Herman :D and I might can be bribed into telling you the answer or where to look ;)

12. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Howdy,

I didn't know I was a question. :D
    That said, I need to publicly apologize to SilSolo for being snippy over the birthday question. SilSolo, sorry I was snippy and I owe you an ice cream cone (come to C4 to get it). I'll happily answer it, but when I get bored I'm going to start lying. [face_devil]

Love and Blunt Trauma,
    oqidaun

Aside from the one question I know the answer to, you guys have your work cut out for you. WOW!!

13. lazykbys_left

lazykbys_left Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 17, 2005
    For some inexplicable reason, the search function is . . . um, functioning rather well.

And, of course, [link=http://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aboards.theforce.net]google[/link] is your friend. :)

- lazy

14. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm afraid that as of right now the only place to look for my #10 is in one of my emails, and you're going to have to be able to spell my Chinese name right to get that. For those of you who think you know where else I've posted the list, you are welcome to browse my profiles and work on other websites. After all, the more hits, the better. However, since the questions came out, the only true version of the list rests in my email.

15. Courtney_Solo

Courtney_Solo Jedi Master star 4

May 23, 2005
    Mwahaha ... I'm in the Trivia. [face_devil]

16. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Wow I never knew that a fanfic trivia would tell me about how a fun little list that I update at teh end of every semester propagated to some college sites or that you can find a relatively unknown Xanga blog on Google. I mean someone found the blog by searching for Star Wars stuff on Xanga's site, but me? Oh Google? Wow.

EDIT 2: Did anybody besides Lazy find my Xanga blog (hapansith) from googling the list question, see the latest version, which was available in only three places, get blasted with music (but that's not the point), and leave no reply saying that I had visitors? This has nothing to do with the trivia; I'm just curious since it's my blog.

17. BrentusofGath

BrentusofGath Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 12, 2005
    In regards to question #9, check out my signature. Now all you have to do is bribe me to find out whether the answer is correct. ;) I am the author, after all... [face_whistling]

18. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade VIP star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Like this game needed more evilness. :eek:

Do you accept Visa? :p

19. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrely Community Mod star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Herman, you will be responsible for any contest related deaths and bouts of insanity. :p

20. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    O:) O:) O:)

Kudos to Brentus for really getting into the spirit of the game. :D [face_devil]

21. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Not really. The question had my name on it, so only the stuff in my posts and blogs are official. BTW, the list's actual name, according to teh June '06 edition, is 50+ Ways to Flunk Finals.

22. Layren

Oct 28, 2003
    Erm Sil, I was talking about the question number 10 on Before the Saga.

23. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Sorry. I thought you were referring to the forum history thing. You told me about how there could be multiple answers to that, I believe.

24. Layren

Oct 28, 2003

We must be crossing wires somewhere. Probably my fault, I've been on drugs from surgery for awhile :p I had meant 10 on Before when you asked me :)

25. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Hey, careful with all the hint-giving. [face_plain] :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.