main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanfic Trivia 2006 - Finishing order being posted

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Herman Snerd, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Or sitting at the computer catching up on fanfic for fun instead of for migraine-inducing trivia questions. :p

2. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    So how are the teams all doing?

Are you all ready to hunt down Herman and his Evil Henchwoman yet? ;)

3. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
  4. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Well okay I'm guilty of that one since I update my drabbles weekly and try to keep up with everyone else's in addition to Crack Pairing Roulette and the CRPA.

5. jedi_of_ennth

jedi_of_ennth Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 1, 2005
    I'm guilty of that, too. [face_whistling]

6. oqidaun

oqidaun Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2005
    Hey there happy campers!

Just a friendly reminder from lil'ol me that YOU can still join in on all the fun of Herman Snerd's Trivia Extravaganza EVEN if you didn't sign up at the beginning. All you have to do is get your answers together and submit them before the deadline. What a deal!!!!

C'mon you know you want them thar shiny colors!!!

7. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    I confess I'm a wee bit surprised that most teams seem intent on waiting until the last day to turn in their answers.

It's procrastination like this that makes the Evil Twins seen even more neurotic! :eek: :p

8. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

Neurotic? What do you mean by neurotic? Who said we were neurotic? I don't think for a moment that we're neurotic because if we were neurotic we would know we were neurotic, but people who are neurotic are nothing like we are; they'd be much more nervous, they'd turn their answers in early, or they'd triple check what they'd done or they'd badger the host with bribes of beer making equipment. I don't think for a moment that we're neurotic.

What do you think, Gabri?

9. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    Neurotic? Us? Why, we're as normal as they come! :eek: O:) Sounds like a classic case of Freudian projection to me. [face_thinking] Herman, self-awareness is the first step. It's okay. We're all here for you. [:D]

10. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    I like that the teams want to wait till the last minute. I'd want all the time I could get to find the answers.

Even if I had the answers and knew they were right, I think I'd wait to the last just to maybe drive a certain trivia host crazy?? O:)

11. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999

Methinks the Twins doth protest too much. [face_mischief]

12. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Well it's mostly becuase you have it at the same time as the fanfic awards and some other stuff. On a random note, I might print on the summer '07 version of my little list of ways to flunk finals and post it on a few lockers as a senior prank at the end of next year.

13. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Here's the answers that I have. Obviously a few of you enterprising trivia hunters have found a few alternate answers, so don't fret that they're not listed here yet. Just remind me and I'll get 'em put in when I get home from work.

Before the Saga

1) Unscramble the following anagram to get a Before the Saga story title. Niche Judge Had Pie: Objectors Had Tossed Waffles

Shadows of the Jedi: The Legend of Ussej Padric Bac

2) Provide the author of a completed fic in which Qui-Gon and Obi-Wan arrive on Coruscant in Transport J-29568-Oh with the distress beacon activated.

Durhelediel

3) What story uses the following five words in the first post: fledgeling, balance, outcasts, effluent, chalice?

Dark Flight by landon_windrunner

4) What is the rank of Artin Olizael?

Third Officer on the Merani Alsan

5) How many years has Ylana Motti been an educator?

97.3 years

6) In A Drop of Rain, what is the name of Shmi's brother?

Weis or Wies (spelled both ways)

7) Whose starship, the Cardinal was kept docked at Mos Espa spaceport in Docking Bay 72?

Sken Darren (The Legend Reborn)

8) In what AU story was Qui-Gon swaddled in a katan with delicate embroidery along the edges?

Once a Mother

9) In the humor fic Biggles Takes a Padawan, how many times does the word 'Biggles' appear within the story?

198 (Total being re-tabulated)

10) Why did Kyran Josel play vossball with Shane?
    He thought the other boys didn't like him

11) What fic is the following excerpt from? (Note, the excerpt has been altered by my evil henchwoman so that it appears as if it was being spoken by the Swedish Chef.)

Und vhet dues he-a du? He-a keells me-a veet hees leeghtning. He-a elveys deed preffer thet tu chukeeng und strungleeng. I cuooldn't beleeefe-a Pelpeteene's nerfe-a. I keednep heem frum hees perents vhee he-a ves a beby, reeese-a heem tu be-a defeeuoos, teech heem iferytheeng ebuoot zee Furce-a I knoo, treeen heem speceefficelly in heeding hees intenshuns; und vhet dues he-a du? Keells me-a, thet's vhet. Um de hur de hur de hur. I cuoold nut beleeefe-a thet he-a hed it in heem tu betrey hees beneffectur. Hurty flurty schnipp schnipp!

Saern Tinz and the Mystery of Loni Dradds

12) Which fic had its first story post on 11/17/05 at 2:21 PM board time?

A Soul's Journey by Mystralgurl

13) In what fic is the quote: "Even the strongest wine cannot be tasted in an ocean of water," attributed to Darth Bane?

Jedi Tales: The Origin of Palpatine

14) What is Orla Jinn's relation to Qui-Gon?

She's his niece.

15) Chenowyth Tolwyn believes that Meric loves killa either creamed, steamed, or mashed up with atomized ______?

Nerf

Saga

1) Provide the title and author of a fic in which Darth Apostas kills Yoda in front of Kyle Katarn.

If You Honor What They Fight For by Ace_Venom

2) "Don't waste my time!" the large Trandoshan, Rassk, barked as he backhanded the crimson robed woman cowering before him. is the opening line of what fic?

Falling Star by red_rose_knight

3) Name the author of a fic in which Shmi Skywalker marries Kalla Batul.

Japor_Angel (Legacy Series Prelude I: The Darkest Shadow)

4) In the fic All in a Day's Work, which crew member was the only survivor of Knife Two Six?

Chron (CT-78/123)

5) What class of vessel does Jorec Merridon appropriate and then take to Selvernos?

Wayfarer-class transport

6) In the AU fic Redemption Song, which three Jedi went to arrest Chancellor Palpatine?

Yoda, Mace Windu, and Anakin

7) How many credits did the Bothan named Karka want for his information in a fic by Jennifer_Lyn?

20,000 credits

8) Provide the author and title of a fic in which Dr. Madalae Wordras agrees to help Padme with her pregnancy troubles.

Birth Rite by Daenarrah

9) According to Miss

14. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    aww kriff we got a few wrong! I was so certain that Walker was Shmi's little brother when I read the fic!

15. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

GAH! There are quite a few answers that I would dispute. Get ready to pass along blame, Herman... :eek:

16. DaenaBenjen42

DaenaBenjen42 Jedi Grand Master star 5

May 15, 2005
    Saria_Raide

So THAT'S who it was! Gah!

17. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    11) Provide the title and author of a fic in which Bail Antilles invites Sola Naberrie on a date for dinner and to see a Corellian dance troupe.

Dinner Party by Reihla

Bail Antilles and Bail Organa are the same person?

18. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I'm wondering this, too. I only wrote it down because the people in the threads that I polled said so.

19. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999

No, but you shouldn't discount the fact that the game host is a dumb schmuck.

20. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh] [face_laugh]

I totally, totally missed that. How many times did I read the question, and never even noticed that it said "Bail Antilles"? You're not the only one, Herman. :p [:D] I think you should treat yourself to a root beer float. They cure all ills. ;)

21. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999

I'd like to subscribe to your newsletter. :D [face_batting]

22. Gabri_Jade

Nov 9, 2002
    One membership in Neurotic Root Beer Float Addicts Anonymous, confirmed. :p

23. Lola64

Lola64 Jedi Master star 4

Mar 10, 2005
    That's not true.

I have to tell you that I thought the search engine was messing with me on that one. And my poor laptop took the brunt of my frustration.

24. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Everyone, I'm going to prove that there are more than 200 Biggles in teh Paddy fic. Here's the first post and my count.

Jedi Knight Biggles (1) was on his latest mission, negotiating a dispute on an Outer Rim planet. Y'tnom was a world in it's ninth century of civil war. Long ago the royal family refused to grant a vacated title to a powerful noble; mainly because that noble was the one who killed the woman who previously held the title in question during a duel. No one except the noble's descendents know the reason for the duel.

The situation quickly escalated into civil war which has been raging ever since; the peasants, as always, were caught in the middle. Now, after all the years of bitterness, the two sides were willing to talk. They first sent to the closer Sith Empire for a mediator, but when the Sith refused, the royal family contacted the Republic.

The Republic was only just learning of the power the Jedi could wield in things like negotiations, so they petitioned the Council for help. Jedi Master Slik Kildark in turn selected Biggles (2) in the time honored tradition of; Flimsy, Rock, Cutters.

Biggles (3) lost. In consequence, he was relegated to listening to stuffy, bloated figures resembling lifeforms discussing the nuances of planetary rapine. They did grant Biggles (4) a lofty title; Lord of the Negotiation, which was supposed to mean he was in charge of everything, but he had yet to test this.

These forms act as if the world was made simply for them to grow fat on while everyone around them starves, Biggles (5) thought bitterly as the negotiations dragged on into the second week. He propped his head up with his arms and closed his eyes, hoping no one would notice.

The large, ancient chrono in the main hall suddenly struck the hour just as Biggles (6) closed his eyes. Soon everyone was staring at the Knight when he toppled over backwards and sprung from the floor, lightsaber swinging. Biggles (7) stopped swinging his saber and looked from face to face.

"My mistake. I was just testing you to see if you were paying attention." One of the servants set up his chair while he was talking, but he wasn't paying attention. He bent over to pick the chair up and smacked his head on the arm of it.

"And whereas, Queen Aarkon has a luxurious country estate," the nobleman Arskel continued, ignoring the silly Knight. "I feel the settlement cannot be complete unless my family has one too."

And so the debate went on... and on... and on. Biggles (8) was about to give in and call a recess, (to give himself time to escape the planet), when a breakthrough seemed to come out of left field. The Queen finally relented and granted a country estate to Lord Arskel.

There was now only one more point to resolve; what to do with their standing forces. The Queen was understandably nervous about having the powerful Lord Arskel continuing to pay an army; and he in turn felt threatened by the Queen's insistence to keeping a standing royal army.

Biggles (9) decided to call a lunch break to clear his head. Just as they were getting their meals delivered from the royal kitchens, another noble arrived and demanded to be included in the negotiations.

"As the chief supporter of Her Majesty, I want to know that my place will remain secure when this conference is over." The arrogant man pulled up a chair and sat down at the giant table.

Great. Another hungry mouth and ego to feed, Biggles (10) sighed inwardly as he thought about the prospect. I guess I should go and speak to him.

He sat down next to the indignant man, noticing he had a thick bandage wrapped around his arm. "Are you all right, sir?"

"I accidentally put my arm through a transparisteel panel."

"It's a good thing you had that bandage on your arm, or you could have been hurt," Biggles (11) replied to the stunned noble. "What's your name?"

"Nelmas, First Son of the Crown." Nelmas was finally tiring of the impudent peasant rudely taking up his precious time. "I trust you will not bother me anymore with your petty question

25. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Please don't count the Biggles. :p I'm already well aware from talking with the author that the current count is quite a bit low.

I have the file and I'll take care of re-counting. :)

BTW, I'm extremely remiss if I neglect to thank my Evil Henchwoman. So, please, everybody glare menacingly at Mariah and say: "Thanks a lot!!!" [face_mischief]

Just don't call her 'Mary Sue' or she'll scratch your eyes out!!! :eek: :p

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.