main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanfic Trivia 2006 - Finishing order being posted

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Herman Snerd, Jul 14, 2006.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. SilSolo

SilSolo Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 5, 2004
    Part 4: The Owls Have Eyes

Slik was sitting meditatively at his desk when his com went off. "What is it?"

"Knight Biggles (1) is here," the secretary's voice seemed filled with mirth.

"What's wrong with you, Ms. Boathook?"

"You'll see in a moment, Master Kildark."

"Fine, send him in." He clicked the com off, rose and walked around to sit on the edge of his desk.

Soon Biggles (2) made his way carefully through the door; strangely, he seemed to be attached to a small, blue girl. "What in the Force are you doing, Biggles (3)?!"

"This is my new padawan, Pell," he replied proudly. "That is, I hope you will give me permission to train this one in the ways of the Force, Master Kildark."

Slik studied the odd couple for several moments. He cocked a questioning eyebrow at them. "I know I'll regret asking this, but why are you attached to each other?"

Biggles (4) looked down at Pell, then back up at Slik. "Some slug was trying to take her to..." he leaned in as close to Slik as he could manage and whispered, "to the glue factory."

"That doesn't explain..." Slik thought better of continuing his line of questioning. "Never mind, just separate. I can't have you walking around outside like that."

"We've tried," Biggles's (5) face flushed crimson.

Slik had finally had enough. He grabbed Biggles (6) by the shoulder, against his better judgement. With his other hand he grabbed Pell's robe and started pulling. Biggles (7) and Pell helped too, until a loud tearing sound filled the room.

Biggles (8) was soon doing his best to cover himself with the tatters that remained of his robe. Pell turned away sheepishly, her face an interesting conglomeration of colors.

Slik sighed in disgust. "Go back to your quarters and get dressed, Biggles(9)."

He took Pell's face in his hands and brought her eyes up to meet his. "Do you know who this man is?"

She nodded weakly.

"Do you know what you're getting yourself into by being so close to him?"

"It's better than the glue factory," she sniffled again, the waterworks about to start once more.

"Fine," Slik said with a sigh. "Biggles (10), stop that!" The young Knight was trying in vain to piece together his destroyed robe. Biggles (11) stood up at Slik's demand, smacking the back of his head into the edge of the desk. The disruption knocked Slik's messy lunch onto his chair.

"Go get your new Padawan situated in your quarters, get changed and get back up here ASAP," he ordered. He walked behind his desk and was about to sit down.

"Um..." Biggles (12) spoke up. Slik refrained from sitting to listen. "You know I only have one room, besides the 'fresher?"

"You'll just have to make do, somehow," Slik admonished.

"My Padawan is rather, a... female, Master."

"I'm aware of that, Biggles (13); I have eyes." Slik was getting past the point of irritation. "Find some way to make it work. I'll have them send down another bunk. Now go, and return quickly, I have another mission for you."

When Biggles (14) and Pell left, Slik sat down in his seat, only to discover his lunch was now stuck to his rear end.

Biggles (15) and Pell hurried down the lift to Biggles's (16) bottom floor cubbyhole. Biggles (17) hurried into the 'fresher to put on a new robe and take care of some of the kind of business you do there.

"Pell, I want you to get acquainted with the building here before..." He stopped short as he stepped out into the room. Pell was curled up on his bed, sound asleep. Poor kid. I don't know how long she was hiding in those bushes. I'd better just let her sleep for now.

He sat down in a chair to put his boots back on. He tried and he tried, but he just couldn't get them on. What? Did they shrink while I was in the 'fresher? He realized with a flush of blood to his face, that they were Pell's boots.

A knock on the door roused him from his thoughts. Must be the new bed. He tiptoed quietly to the door, trying not to make any noise; which for Biggles (18), is pretty much an impossibility. A small pud

2. Kidan

Kidan TFN EU Staff star 5 VIP

Jul 20, 2003

I'd like to point out that this question also applies to Kissa an her fic "Replaced" where Zekk was killed by Cem's lightsaber...

3. DarthIshtar

DarthIshtar Chosen One star 10

Mar 26, 2001
    Ooh, nifty!

4. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Agreed.

I'd also just like to thank Mariah for not selling out by hereby promising to call her Mary Sue at every opportunity. :p

5. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999

Yes. That has been duly noted. Thanks. :)

6. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I think I've just proven that there are 95 Biggles appearances in the first 30 posts of the Biggles takes a Paddy fic.

I'll be back to edit this message.

Part 7: Smells Like Teen Carnage

Back at the Jedi building, Biggles (1) descended in the lift; his greatest fears were being realized. He would need to bring his new Padawan with him. After all, it was his duty to teach her about all aspects of being a Jedi, even the dangerous parts.

As the lift reached bottom with an accompanying thud and shake, he felt along the new bond to see if Pell was awake. He sensed she was indeed no longer asleep. Soon he discovered why; she was using the Force to move the second bed into the room. He was immediately impressed with how strongly the Force was with her. He kicked off his boots as he always did when he entered his room.

"Excellent, Pell," he commented as she set the bed down gently. He opened the folded bed and one of the heavy legs came crashing down on his foot.

"Are you all right, Master?" she asked as she lifted the leg off his foot. He hopped around the room, holding his foot.

"I'm fine," he replied, just before he lost his balance and fell out through the transparisteel panel.

Pell ran over to the broken panel and helped him back inside. "Are you hurt?"

"No," Biggles (2) replied, looking himself over and brushing the dirt from his robe. "You'd be surprised how often that happens to me."

He pulled out a chair and offered it to Pell. When she was seated, he sat down on the bed and it closed up on him. Pell watched with growing trepidation as he struggled against the bed. She spread it open again with the Force.

Biggles (3) grabbed another chair and sat in it. "That thing doesn't like me for some reason," he said.

"Did you get your new mission? Can I come too?"

"Uh, yeah... the mission." Biggles (4) leaned back in the chair, surprised he didn't fall backward. "There's something you must know, Pell. Master Kildark doesn't like me much. He's always trying to get me killed."

"I know," she answered. "I felt his anger for you in the office. He's really incensed with you. So, it's a dangerous mission?"

"Yes," he told her honestly. "But, the Jedi are supposed to help people, and oft times that can get quite dangerous. We must keep this in mind."

"Yes, Master," she answered. "I am ready to assist you in whatever way you need me."

"Glad to hear it," Biggles (5) told her. "Quite frankly, we're going to need all the help we can get." A small bug flew in through the broken panel and started buzzing around his head.

"The first thing we should do, though, is teach you how to build your first lightsaber." He swatted at the bug ineffectually. "I assume you have had some training with it, as well as a vibroblade?"

She nodded.

"I will continue your training, but first you will learn to make your own." The bug came by for another pass and Biggles (6)tried in vain to make it go away.

"I must also teach you to take great care when drawing your lightsaber. It is an incredibly dangerous weapon and should only be used-" Finally he had enough. His saber was out with ease and he swatted at the bug... only to cut the new bed in half.

I need to be a better role model than that, Biggles (7) thought. He noticed Pell was giggling. "I thought you'd be afraid of me by now."

"Don't worry, Master," she replied, trying to cover up her smile. "I sense you're really concerned about my safety, but I can also sense that you won't kill me accidentally. Don't ask me how I know, but I don't think the Force will let that happen."

He approached her and placed his hand on her shoulder. "Let's hope so. Now come on; let's get you set up with a saber."

She lightly touched his hand and stayed still for a moment. "Thank you, Master. I mean that from the bottom of my heart. You've saved me from a fate I could sense in that slug's mind. I don't know that I can ever repay you for that, but I will forever try." She looked up into his face and saw a tear in his eye. She looked

7. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002
    I heart you, Mei [face_love]

8. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999

Yes, now please take a break and stop proving your point or I'll start deducting points just to be mean. ;) :p

Not nice to remind the game host that he's goofed. [face_mischief] Especially when he reserves the right to change the rules as he sees fit. :p

9. NYCitygurl

NYCitygurl Manager Emeritus star 9 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Jul 20, 2002
    Herman edited it into the posted questions to 'current padawan' since I knighted Kissa.It was one of those two edited questions he mentioned.

10. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

NYCitygurl, where would we find a link to show us that Kissa had been knighted? In her sig, it's written that she's your padawan.

11. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    Okay I'll move the rest of it. 8 chapters accounted for so far.

12. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999

Yes, but since Kissa still lists herself as your padawan in her sig, I'm accepting both. :)

13. LadyPadme

Sep 26, 2002

Two other alternate answers I'd like to point out:

Before the Saga #8

8) In what AU story was Qui-Gon swaddled in a katan with delicate embroidery along the edges?

This is from Noelie's Love's Labors:

This baby smelled sweetly of those many ointments and powders available for the very fragile skin of infants. He was swaddled tightly in the best of katan's she had seen available, the delicate embroidery along the edges indicating wealth and position of some kind. ....

"So little one, they have blessed you with an impossibly ridiculous name in honor of
    your station. One that someone is sure to recognize sometime. Well little Qui-Gon Jinn, welcome to your new home."

Also, in Saga #15

15) In the Saga forum there's a fic where Wes offers to pay Hobbie 100 credits to set up Han and Leia (unknowingly) on a date. Where and when does this date take place?

You mentioned WHEN, but not what hour. I would submit that on the day of the Yavin Anniversary Celebration is also 'when' and should be accepted :)

14. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    I'd also just like to thank Mariah for not selling out by hereby promising to call her Mary Sue at every opportunity.

Try it and you are banned from the Archive. ;)

[face_shame_on_you] The only person that would call me Mary Sue was my mom and that was to let me know I was in trouble. :p That was when the middle name would come out. ;) Besides it's not my fault I"m a perfect redhead with a sultry singing voice. :p

15. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I second what LP says about Love's Labors.

So you are the Mary Sue archivist, Mariah! I shudda guessed!

16. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999

The first one is the same answer. "Once a Mother" is the particular one in that series that contains the info. But the thread title says "Loves Labors" so that's acceptable as well.

Duly noted on part two. I'll double check that one. :)

17. Gabri_Jade

Gabri_Jade Fanfic Archive Editor Emeritus star 5 VIP

Nov 9, 2002
    Hey, I promised I'd be the best little reviewer you ever saw if you'd rat Herman out. You had your chance. :p

I once worked with a lady with almost the same story about her name, except she was Sally Lou. And boy, she'd get irked if you added "Lou" to her name. :p

You should change the job title in your bio to "Redheaded Chanteuse of the Archive". [face_batting]

18. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999

It was hard to pick and choose what attributes to include for True/False answers. I had to leave out that Mariah is also extremely easy on the eyes. [face_mischief] :D

19. SilSolo

Mar 5, 2004
    I don't think I'm going to call a certain smart, athletic classmate of mine Mary Sue anymore, at least not after this!

20. Layren

Layren Jedi Master star 5

Oct 28, 2003

10) Why did Kyran Josel play vossball with Shane?
    He thought the other boys didn't like him

There is more than one answer for this question, actually, Herman.

The answer I gave Jaya Solo when she asked me was: the other boys had messed him up in the game, and he would rather play with Shane than play with the others.

21. Durhelediel

Durhelediel Jedi Youngling star 3

Mar 5, 2004
    Wow I got to be in this trivia too! What's really funny, Herman, is that I didn't know I was the author of that fic since I couldn't remember the transport's ID code. lmbo I usually name my transports, but in that fic, Internuncio, I decided to go different. ::shakes head:: Serves me right...

22. JediNemesis

JediNemesis Jedi Padawan star 4

Mar 27, 2003
    Dammit . . .

It never crossed my mind that there might be two reasonably active fanficcers called Mary Sue.

I got the wrong one :(

Truly assumption is the mother of all screw-ups.

23. Healer_Leona

Healer_Leona Squirrel Wrangler of Fun & Games star 9 Staff Member Manager

Jul 7, 2000
    Awww, Herman, you totally tricked me about the Mary Sue quesiton.

Evil, evil man. ;) :D :D

24. MariahJade2

MariahJade2 Former Fan Fiction Archive Editor star 5 VIP

Mar 18, 2001
    once worked with a lady with almost the same story about her name, except she was Sally Lou. And boy, she'd get irked if you added "Lou" to her name.

Heh Heh, Yeah I begged everyone to drop that "Sue" right about high school. :p So now I have to beg for Mariah! :oops:

two reasonably active fanficcers called Mary Sue.

Who's the other one? :D

25. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999

O:) O:) O:) O:) O:)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.