main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Fanfic Trivia Contest 2: Herman Strikes Back

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Herman Snerd, Jun 17, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Yes, it's that time of year again. Time to show the rest of the fanfic crowd that your mastery of obscure knowledge surpasses the obscure knowledge of everyone else. ;)

For those who weren't around or didn't play last time, I (and my evil henchwomen) scour the fanfic forums for little tidbits of trivia and then gather those tidbits into a game that'll hopefully befuddle and confound you, the players.

Like last year, we'll again be playing in teams of two, or you can go it alone if you're that overconfident. Some time in early July I'll post all of the questions and the teams will have a week to hunt down the answers. The team that finds the most correct answers will win VIP-ship for a term to be determined by Kit'. (last year it was two weeks)

For now all that's needed is for everyone who wants to play to find a buddy and sign up as a team in this very thread. This year, the only stipulation for signing up is that last year's winners (Melyanna and ArnaKyle) can not team up and must play against each other on competing teams.

If there are any other questions, I'll be making up more rules as I go along. ;)

By now, hopefully you've all heard about the second fanfic trivia game and you're all asking yourselves, "Why should I play?" Well, here's a few reasons:

1) Be exposed to fanfic you've never read before.

2) Get to know your fellow fanficcers by working with them and/or conspiring against them.

3) Two weeks of pretty VIP colors as well as a title explaining why you're suddenly a VIP. For those who are already VIPs, you will be free to change your current boring colors for that time period. Those who are mods/managers/admins will be demoted for two weeks. ;\

4) Bragging rights.

[b]Format[/b]

The trivia has been divided into five parts - the four forums containing stories and some general questions from the Resource forum. For ease of scoring, every question - even multiple part questions - will be worth a single point. Out of the goodness of my tiny little heart I'm going to keep the questions divided by forum, so when you're stumped on a question (which will be often) you'll at least know what forum to look in.

You can play alone or with a partner, but there will be no teams allowed with more than two people.

[b]Time[/b]

The current plan is for the game to begin Saturday July 5th and run until 11:59 PM (board time) Sunday July 13th. At any time within those nine days the teams can submit their answer sheet to me via PM. Only one set of answers per team will be allowed and I'm going to accept the first one only, so don't submit your answers unless you're certain you can't answer any more or you're out of time. [b]Be sure to include your team name when submitting answers.[/b]

[b]Official Rules:[/b]

1. The winning team shall be the team that wins and no other.

2. To be recognized as the team that wins, you must answer more questions than the competition.

3. In the event of a tie, there will be a race around the world to decide who really wins. Barring that, the tie will be won by whichever team submitted its entry first.

4. Teams will be restricted to a maximum of 2 players and a minimum of one player.

5. Trivia answers will be sent directly to me via PM only. Only one answer submission per team will be accepted.

6. Once a winner is declared, the answers will be displayed. There will be a 48 hour period where players can dispute an answer and thereby the outcome of the game. After that time expires, the prize is awarded and any subsequent complaints will be soundly ignored.

7. To overturn the outcome of the game the contesting team must provide ironclad proof that the given answer is wrong. In the event that happens I will immediately pass the blame along to someone else and the results will be retabulated.

8. Herman reserves the right to change the rules as he sees fit.

[b]Unofficial Rules:[/b]

1. While the official teams are limited to 2 people, there's nothing to stop teams from trading>

2. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    *sniffle* Arna and I can't pair up again? But we already had a team name! :p ;)

3. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Too bad! :p

And no sitting out for either of you. If one of you doesn't play, the other one can't play either. :p :p :p

4. Melyanna

Melyanna Jedi Padawan star 4

Jul 19, 2001
    Ouch. I feel loved. :p

5. HandmaidenEirtae

HandmaidenEirtae Jedi Youngling star 3

Jun 23, 2001
    Ack, I'm gone most of July! I'm not going to want to let down a team mate...

Guess that means I'll have to play by myself. :) I can win it, even if I only have two or three days to collect the answers, right? ;)

I'm glad you've decided to do this again, Herman. It's a lot of fun.

Tae

6. bobilll

bobilll Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 8, 2002
    hmmm, this sounds interesting! Anyone wanna team up with me? Not that I'll know that much stuff, but still...

7. KenKenobi

KenKenobi Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 11, 2002
    [face_mischief]

You can count me in. It's me, KenKenobi, and my partner JacensGirl. ;) :)

I almost feel sorry for the other contestants... [face_mischief] [face_devil] :p

[hl=blue]Ken Kenobi- And you have a nice day ;)[/hl]

8. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    I'm in, if anybody is interested in forming a team...

-Tim

9. Aunecah_Skywalker

Aunecah_Skywalker Jedi Knight star 5

Mar 25, 2002
    I'm definitely in. If Timmy's interested in teaming with me, then I'll team with him - else I'll play alone. ;)

Aunecah

10. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Darn it, Aunecah, you beat me to it! :p Oh, well - I'll just lurk. [face_mischief]

11. Darth_Tim

Darth_Tim Jedi Master star 4

Feb 26, 2002
    Heheh...and here I thought y'all would fight over me... :D

Well, since Aun asked first...

-Tim

12. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    *sniffles, then bows graciously* ;) [face_love]

13. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    Fate, if you want a partner, I'd be intrested

14. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Sure! :D But I warn you, I won't know very much. [face_mischief]

I don't even know the rules of the game; to be perfectly honest, this is the first I've heard of it. :cool:

15. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Oct 30, 1999
    How does two weeks VIP'ship with your choice of colours and a title sound to people :)

Kithera

16. Arwen-Jade_Kenobi

Arwen-Jade_Kenobi Jedi Knight star 5

Feb 9, 2002
    I don't know that much myself, perhaps with our combined knowledge, we'll be good

17. Sara_Kenobi

Sara_Kenobi Jedi Grand Master star 7

Sep 21, 2000
    Yea! It's back! :D

I'm playing, but I think I may try it alone. :)

18. Fate

Fate Jedi Master star 3

Apr 22, 2003
    Sounds good, Kit'! [face_love] *begins thinking of her favorite color combinations*

That's what I'm hoping, Arwen! :D

19. Wilhelmina

Wilhelmina Jedi Master star 3

Jul 4, 2002
    I'm in! :) And I'm up for a partner, too. Mel? Anyone?

20. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Hey everyone. I need a partner, too. Anyone interested? :)

21. Padawan_Jess_Kenobi

Padawan_Jess_Kenobi Jedi Padawan star 4

Nov 20, 2002
    I'm definately in for this! :D

And Krystal, if you still need a partner and you don't mind being with me, I'm open. :)

22. KrystalBlaze

KrystalBlaze Jedi Master star 5

Aug 3, 2002
    Padawan_Jess_Kenobi and I are partners in crime on this thing. :D

23. obaona

obaona Jedi Master star 4

Jun 18, 2002
    Lady_Moonbeam and myself will be partners. :)

24. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    For ease of scoring, it'll help if you come up with team names so I can keep track of that rather than everyone's names. :D

And that sounds like a pretty sweet offer, Kit'.

25. Drabbo_Fett

Drabbo_Fett Jedi Padawan star 4

Feb 5, 2003
    Sounds like fun, though I don't have a partner.

Edit: Anyone have a team spot still open?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.