main
side
curve
  1. Welcome to the new boards! Details here!

Fanfic Trivia Game - GAME OVER - Answers posted - Game winners announced

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Herman Snerd, Jul 5, 2003.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Herman Snerd

Herman Snerd Jedi Master star 6

Oct 31, 1999
    Okay, folks, the game starts now. If I don't have you or your team listed in the other thread, don't worry. Just play the game and we'll sort it out afterward.

Just a reminder, only submit your answers when you're COMPLETELY done. I'm only accepting one answer sheet per team so if you send me a PM with only two answers, that's your score. Another reminder, the game ends at 11:59 PM (board time) Sunday July 13th.

For now just a word of thanks for my evil (but lovely) henchwomen who helped come up with these questions. For now they shall remain anonymous so that you players won't know who to pester for game help. ;)

Now for the trivia:

Pre-Saga Questions

1. In The Downfall of Mari-Zu, what was the occupation of Mari-Zu's ex-boyfriend?

2. In Faces of the Gods - Shmi's story, what was the first word of Basic that Shmi was able to pick up?

3. In The Bond of Friendship, who had a dagger held to his throat?

4. True or False: Our Love is Forever is set during the Jedi Academy time period?

5. Name the story in which Owen Lars is Qui-Gon's Padawan before being killed by sand rats.

6. Black hair, a somewhat gold tint to her skin, a trio of crescent-shaped bonelines curving from her eyes to her cheeks; her eyes are a deep, thick purplish color, and her lips look bruised with a similar hue. This description refers to which character? A. Daria Grasky, B. Shen-lethia Tarlen. C. Cloudia Wandry.

7. In the story Changeover, with whom did Obi-Wan switch bodies?

8. In obi_ew's prequel fic, Obi-Wan is trapped in a prison cell opposite a man from what planet?

9. In what fic can you find 'All Famous Dr. Sheget's Candy From Far Corners of the Galaxy?'

10. Name the two Sith that fight and struggle in Djuva?s ancient history story.

11. Finish this quote: "COME HERE YOU PRISSY ELF! I think you need..."

12. Who wrote "It was all just a bad dream. It was all just a bad dream. It was all just a bad dream. It was all just a bad dream." and which character said it?

13. What is the name of Palpatine's ship in the story In Darkness, Bind Them?

14. How old is Maythga Branstock?

15. In the story Dimensions, why did Siri use the Force to push Edmund across the room?

Saga Questions

1. Which Darth wrote this excerpt: "Padme reached the village market and began to shop for the remedies she wanted. Bacta, a few sweets, and some Anodyne tea."

2. In what story does Obi-Wan become a knight in King Arthur's Court?

3. In the fic Sinful by Nature, how much does Padme spend on her shopping spree?

4. Who created the character of Lissa Rosqu?

5. Who smashed Master Nenshall's datapad?

6. In what AU story do Luke, Leia and Mara fight with brownshirts rather than escape down the garbage chute?

7. Name the character who spoke first in Mcily_Nochi's entry in the H/L fanfic challenge thread

8. What is the name of the Obi/Qui story where this excerpt appears and who is Qui-Gon referring to: "Betrayal!? Qui-Gon almost squeaked. "What about me?! What about his betrayal of me? He left me just like Obi-Wan."

9. Fill out the missing letters to find the story title. _'m _ _in_, Y_u_ da_ _ _t_ _ _ro_ _ _e F_ _ _ _e.

10. What color is Leia's lightsaber in Light and Dark by Ornen?

11. In Turn of the Tide, what ship does Vader use to leave Cloud City?

12. Finish the rest of this sentence from this V/A story: "Standing before her was death itself; his skulled head devoid of any skin or flesh,..."

13. In Seeking Solace, what are the three caste divisions of the Senebrak.

14. In the fic In Love and War: The Clone Wars and Beyond, it's mentioned that Anakin knows by heart how many treatises of the Venerable Master Iztwot Tul'mak?

15. In what fic by bobill do two Jedi transport ten thousand sacks of grain and ten thousand barrels of bac

2. LadyPadme

LadyPadme Manager Emeritus star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 26, 2002

It's begun!

Rubs hands together in glee!

3. DarthBreezy

DarthBreezy Force Ghost star 6

Jun 4, 2002
    AUUUUUUUUUUUUUURGGGGGGGGGGGGG

I can safely say I know at least one answer....

[face_mischief]

4. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Daughter_of_Yubyub Jedi Grand Master star 6

Jul 8, 2002
    Well, at least I knew one question right away. :p

5. Jez_3-14159265358979

Jez_3-14159265358979 Jedi Padawan star 4

Aug 13, 2001
    safe to say i know a few of these. but most of them will be dang hard.

Jez

6. inez_the_swampgirl

inez_the_swampgirl Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    :_| I just came to say I won't have time to play afterall. Good luck everyone!

inez

7. jade51999

jade51999 Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 5, 1999
    Wow, I just wanted to say that those questions look tough! But i've noticed several titles to stories that sound interesting just by the questions posted!

*grins* goes off to find some stories to read..

8. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    I've found so many good stories while looking for these answers!

9. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    It's been brought to my attention that one or two of the questions may be placed in the wrong forum grouping.

I'll be looking into this tonight, but for now if you can't find a particular answer in the forum indicated, you might wish to quit banging your head and try another.

Also, some of these stories are possibly in two separate forums due to the move. [face_mischief] [face_devil]

10. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Four days left. [face_devil]

11. ROGUE_49

ROGUE_49 Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 14, 2002
    [face_laugh] Where in the galaxy did you did all these questions?!?!?!

I just have to comment here.

24. In A Rising Tempest what planet was Wedge on when he was shot by an Imperial probe droid and why was he there?

I wrote this story, with a friend of mine, but we never finished. It must be miles deep in cyberspace, lol. Even I don't remember the answer to this question!!

That's what happens with first attempts sometimes- *shrug* it wasn't even poorly written..

Anyways- Thanks for the laugh

-Rogue

12. Phoenix_Reborn

Phoenix_Reborn Jedi Master star 4

Feb 23, 2003
    I always liked that story...and it was probably one of the few awnsers I could get with my system of book marks :)

13. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    And I, being a relative unknown, am quite pleased to have two whole questions about my work.

14. JediClare

JediClare Jedi Padawan star 4

Oct 8, 2001
    btw, what happened to the 'which-fanfic-member-has-the-user-ID-number-XXXXXX type' general board knowledge questions that were in the previous game?

15. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Well, the username data and questions about individual members didn't fit in as well with the five forum layout of this game so I left those questions out this time.

Question selection was pretty randomly done. I can't speak for my lovely henchwomen, but I'd just randomly click on a forum page and then randomly click on a story, then a page number and search for a good trivia question somewhere in that particular story on that particular page.

16. duskwings

duskwings Jedi Youngling star 3

Jan 10, 2003
    Well, having sent in my answers several hours ago, I'm just going to say that in this search, I found some really, really great fics, which I will post on tomorrow (if I can find them again ;)). I didn't post on them as I was reading because I didn't want to give other teams any help. [face_devil] 8-} So whether or not I win (and I probably won't ;)), I'm glad I participated. :)

Now, let's just hope my PM got through safely . . . I have a sinking feeling that it didn't, considering that Herman Snerd hasn't sent that confirmation I asked for, but I'll just cross my fingers and hope.

-duskwings

17. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Finding good fics is one of the intended side effects of this game. :D

And I do have your PM. I probably won't get all the scoring done tonight, but will hopefully have it done some time tomorrow. :)

18. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Two hourse left to play and I'm signing off for the night.

I'll try to compile scores some time tomorrow and post results and answers as well.

For those who haven't sent in your answers yet, get your PM to me before 11:59 PM board time. :)

19. the_jedi_princess

the_jedi_princess Jedi Padawan star 4

Apr 26, 2002
    I'm interested to see how many people can answer a certain question. [face_devil]

20. tatooinewizard

tatooinewizard Jedi Padawan star 4

May 13, 2003
    And I'm interested to see who can answer a certain two questions.

21. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    I'm curious about one. [face_devil] I think only the WJFC read that fic. :p

Classic was definitely the hardest forum.

22. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    Okay, here are the answers. As you can see one of the questions from the Resource Forum section was removed since upon a second look it was unfairly confusing. Plus nobody really got it right anyway. ;)

Look over the answers and see if you can prove me wrong. It can be done. During the scoring I had to alter two answers because it turned out there wasn't just one correct answer. There will be a 48-hour period where answers can be contested and after that the final winner will be declared.

Complicating matters slightly is that currently there is a three way tie for the point lead. I'll be giving each of those three answer sets another look later today. As the rules stated, in case of a tie, the answers submitted to me first among those tied will be declared the winner assuming there is still a tie after I double check the answers and my addition skills (it was only a two way tie until I used a calculator to re-check one of the scores). ;)

Pre-Saga Questions

1. In The Downfall of Mari-Zu, what was the occupation of Mari-Zu's ex-boyfriend?

Electrician

2. In Faces of the Gods - Shmi's story, what was the first word of Basic that Shmi was able to pick up?

Girl

3. In The Bond of Friendship, who had a dagger held to his throat?

Garen Muln

4. True or False: Our Love is Forever is set during the Jedi Academy time period?

False (Qui-Gon met his love after his death in TPM)

5. Name the story in which Owen Lars is Qui-Gon's Padawan before being killed by sand rats.

On Angels Wings by ewen

6. Black hair, a somewhat gold tint to her skin, a trio of crescent-shaped bonelines curving from her eyes to her cheeks; her eyes are a deep, thick purplish color, and her lips look bruised with a similar hue. This description refers to which character? A. Daria Grasky, B. Shen-lethia Tarlen. C. Cloudia Wandry.

The answer is C. Cloudia Wandry, from the fic The legend of Black Saber.

7. In the story Changeover, with whom did Obi-Wan switch bodies?

Kyrana Iendo

8. In ob_ew's prequel fic, Obi-Wan is trapped in a prison cell opposite a man from what planet?

Corellia

9. In what fic can you find 'All Famous Dr. Sheget's Candy From Far Corners of the Galaxy?'

Hallucinations

10. Name the two Sith that fight and struggle in Djuva?s ancient history story.

Exar Kun and Roj Kell

11. Finish this quote: "COME HERE YOU PRISSY ELF! I think you need..."

...a haircut

12. Who wrote "It was all just a bad dream. It was all just a bad dream. It was all just a bad dream. It was all just a bad dream." and which character said it?

Red_Jedi_Knight and Obi-Wan

13. What is the name of Palpatine's ship in the story In Darkness, Bind Them?

Audacious

14. How old is Maythga Branstock?

Twenty

15. In the story Dimensions, why did Siri use the Force to push Edmund across the room?

Edmund defeated her in a sparring match.

Saga Questions

1. Which Darth wrote this excerpt: "Padme reached the village market and began to shop for the remedies she wanted. Bacta, a few sweets, and some Anodyne tea."

Darth Breezy

2. In what story does Obi-Wan become a knight in King Arthur's Court?

Traitorous Knight

3. In the fic Sinful by Nature, how much does Padme spend on her shopping spree?

Five hundred fifty credits

4. Who created the character of Lissa Rosqu?

Secretsister

5. Who smashed Master Nenshall's datapad?

Sabé

6. In what AU story do Luke, Leia and Mara fight with brownshirts rather than escape down the garbage chute?

The Skywalker Prophesy - a Destiny Renewed

7. Name the character who spoke first in Mcily_Nochi's entry in the H/L fanfic challenge thread

Han

8. What is the name of the Obi/Qui story where this excerpt appears and who is Qui-Gon referring to: "Betrayal!? Qui-Gon almost squeaked. "What about me?! What

23. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    So, was #2 of Resource removed because there were two tens and no eleven? :p

24. Herman Snerd

Oct 31, 1999
    There was an unofficial #11 between the second #10 and #12.

Everybody answered the second #10 or the second #10 and the unofficial #11.

25. Daughter_of_Yubyub

Jul 8, 2002
    Ah, I see.

How many people actually got the one from Twelve Days of Wesmas? Just curiosity.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.