main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Fanfic Writer's Desk: Your Place for Writing Discussion, Questions, and Advice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luna_Nightshade, Nov 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Payload82

Payload82 Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2016
    I currently work to create a Time Travelling story where the Jedi of Clone war era a learn that a team of archaeologist have discovered an ancient Sith Temple which is thought to belonged to Darth Rivan and said to house the Darkstaff currently think of Taris from the first Knights of the Republic game.

The Story will see Anakin Skywalker with His Padawan Ahsoka Tano and a clone Squad head to the planet to protect the archaeologist while they are studying temple of Rivan so while exploring the temple with the Archaeologist are attacked by Ventress and the droid army eventually Anakin finds the Darkstaff but forced into a duel with Ventress eventually the Darkstaff is active and Anakin transported to the future

2. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005
    Probably the best place for this question would be in the dedicated question thread. As for the question itself, Darth Rivin was heavily based in the Almas system from the Living Force RPG modules. I'd go there, personally.

3. Ugohr Poof

Ugohr Poof Jedi Youngling star 1

May 11, 2016
    Suppose that a character requires an identity change after a prison break because the party sponsoring the break wants all the prisoners that are busted out to dissociate from their criminal past.

What does that usually entail, based on SW canon (or Legends, if it isn't contradicted by Disney-canon)?

Raissa Baiard likes this.
  4. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I would say that depend upon what planet they are on and if they are going to travel.

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  5. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Facial surgery, and something to fool retina scans. A ship with a hyperdrive would be handy too.

Kahara likes this.
  6. whiskers

whiskers Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2005

Retinal patterns can be changed, IIRC. I believe that Han had his changed in the AC Crispin trilogy before leaving for the Imperial academy.

Kahara and pronker like this.
  7. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    They could hire a good slicer/forger to create a new identicard and relevant records in the Imperial database and delete or alter the old ones.

8. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
  9. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Payload82 I have moved your question to the appropriate thread

10. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Was any of the Separatist mega-corporations interested in mining?

11. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Yes.

Several "mining entities" made up the Commerce Guild.

Gamiel likes this.
  12. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Is this explanation of a planet understandable? :

Djörenrött: Like many other worlds in the Lahara sector Djörenrött export agricultural products, mostly meat and leather, but the way the animals are farmed have been liked to “meat factory”. Constantly dancing on the edge of the Republic’s animal protection laws, the products from Djörenrött are cheaper than most others but have usually high concentrations of growth hormones, antibiotics and similar (all within what the Republic allows). Many worlds have banned the import of agricultural products from Djörenrött as a way to protest against the animal treatment but too many still find the cheap prices that Djörenrött offer to good to not to buy.

13. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    Are you trying to imply that the concentrations are UNusual, perchance?

14. Payload82

Payload82 Jedi Youngling

Dec 19, 2016
    I would like some help with a story I am current working on which will be a crossover of Star Wars and Marvel comics which see Kang the Conquer giving Vader his daughter which give him a chance to train her as his Apprentice and secret assassin I just need a Sith Name for Leia to use

15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I feel stupid, are you doing a word play by having 'UN' stand out?

16. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    No. Just pointing it out because the meaning of the whole description depends on that one word. Do you want those products to be loaded with additives, GMO and whatever else, or not?

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Ooooooh, now I see what you mean. Thanks.

Ewok Poet likes this.
  18. Theodore Hawkwood

Theodore Hawkwood Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    I've been working on a few ideas for a Star Wars fanfic based around the Han Solo trilogy with a couple crossovers built in as well. I'm doing my share of 'canon mixing' based on what was on the pages of the Han Solo Trilogy, what Wookiepedia said, and some aspects of Rogue One.

I find there are some interesting inconsistencies, for instance the character of Bria Tharen is depicted as having red-gold hair in the trilogy, yet pictures on Wookiepedia show her as decidedly a brunette (incidentally the pic as the main pic is good illustrating).

I'm thinking that the Toprawa raid depicted in 'Rebel Dawn' could well have been a second assault on perhaps a secondary archive of the Empire or perhaps at a second secure engineering design facility. Wonder if that sounds plausible.

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Mon Mothma could have been holding a series of interviews in the Rebel Base, with her soldiers trotting in an operative, and she sends them after a different lead.

20. Theodore Hawkwood

Theodore Hawkwood Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 2014

Definitely. And perhaps there either were not plans at Toprawa or the Death Star plans were indeed present. Or perhaps there weren't plans, but there were other matters of importance to the Alliance to Restore the Republic present at that archive. Anything can happen.​

21. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Possibly. But I would make Toprawa a Death Star plan location too. Perhaps like a real life Torrent download, with the plans needing to be built up from multiple sources. Or the Rogue One (R1) and Toprara raids overlapping, in case one plan fails.

Or, like Robocop getting the go ahead when the ED-209 demonstration messed up, perhaps the Toprawa raid got greenlit when the R1 mission did not.

Are you sure you mean "animal protection laws"? I'm no legislator, but if the animal on my protection list ends up in a consignment of frozen burgers, I would not consider it adequately protected.

Gamiel likes this.
  22. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014

But you didn't answer my question. :p

And that was the other thing I wanted to ask.

I'm confused.

Gamiel likes this.
  23. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Gamiel, I am going to add red ink for amendments:

Just thought of something. One of my animal protection friends, told me once, a look of horror on her face, that McDonalds filled their food with 17 different anti-vomit agents. I don't know what she expected me to do with that information, but what I did do, was that if I was out and feeling a bit sick, I would go and have a McDonalds, reasoning that these agents would help me out.

In the same light, either as Djörenrött, or a consumer, if bacta or kolto shipments were too pricey, I would be taking some interest in the unwitting medicinal properties of the high levels of antibiotics.

Gamiel likes this.
  24. Ewok Poet

Jul 31, 2014
    There's one you missed, caught it. :)

[...] but the way the animals are farmed has been [...]

25. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Ewok Poet Sith-I-5 thanks for your comments. Animal protection laws are a direct translation of Swedish djurskyddslagen , since I could not find the English version but with some help I found out that a better translation is 'animal welfare laws'.

Also, I usually don't do my post in past tense if they talk about something that is current (as in take place around movies-era).

I mean it to be unusual high, I had missed that I had not added the 'un' part

[face_laugh]

I don't know if that's true (I have hard to believe it but your country probably have different food laws then mine) but I don't think eating that kind off meat products would really help and even if you do so is there possibly other agents in it that would be just as bad for you, if not worse, then your sickness.

But your reasoning is an interesting idea, I can see some bad leaders use something similar to save money by buying Djörenrött meat instead of medicine for his people/underlings.

Sith-I-5, Ewok Poet and pronker like this.