main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Fanfic Writer's Desk: Your Place for Writing Discussion, Questions, and Advice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luna_Nightshade, Nov 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. darthhelinith

darthhelinith Force Ghost star 6

Feb 10, 2009
    ... I'm gonna be difficult and say 'Tragedy in the Clouds'...?
    Maybe that's too on the nose.

Findswoman and Gamiel like this.
  2. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    The Tragedy on Cloud City sounds more like a play title to me, but I don't think either would be incorrect.

3. Saga_Symphony

Saga_Symphony Force Ghost star 4

Oct 30, 2010
    Cloudy With A Chance Of Tragedy?

...I'll go now...

Exeter, divapilot, Sith-I-5 and 3 others like this.
  4. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Treadwell - https://starwars.fandom.com/wiki/WED_Treadwell_repair_droid/Legends

Gamiel likes this.
  5. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    pronker and Gamiel like this.
  6. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I was going to say in sounds right to me, but then I saw the Young Jedi Knights book is called Trouble on Cloud City....

Bollux popped into my mind, he's a labor droid.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2019
  7. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    This made me smile to think of George Carlin's bald statement, "Airport announcers tell you to get on the plane. **** that, I'm getting in the plane."

Exeter likes this.
  8. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    If you are spearing an out-of-control super star destroyer into the place, you could have:

Tragedy through Cloud City.

Exeter, pronker and Snocone like this.
  9. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    gg

Last edited: Nov 30, 2021
    pronker, Snocone and Gamiel like this.
  10. Snocone

Snocone Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 14, 2015
    I suppose I consider Cloud City to be a place, given that its primary function is not to move people from one place to another. It may be able to move (or float or whatever), but people stay there, they don't "get in/on" Cloud City to go somewhere else.

Last edited: Jun 11, 2019
  11. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I originally posted this in the social thread, but since it's gone ignored/unanswered, I'll give it a try here. To be honest, I highly doubt I'll get a reply here, either.

I have a question. Is it a bad thing that I forgot how much I love PileofSith's fanart of Thrawn, and now I want to write the Thrawn/Clara romance that BOTWR was originally going to be? I mean, at first I was planning on having 12 and Clara go to Coruscant to spy for Senator Organa, but Clara and Thrawn meet, earning the jealously of 12, and things happen. I have been toying with the idea of going ahead and writing this but with the added bonus of Clara being related to Jack Harkness and General Ar'alani and setting it within the PileofSith AU! as shown in her art.

pronker likes this.
  12. Findswoman

Findswoman Fanfic and Pancakes and Waffles Mod (in Pink) star 5 Staff Member Manager

Feb 27, 2014
    @Nehru_Amidala , one reason I haven't said anything before is that I unfortunately don't know anything at all about Dr. Who and the characters you're talking about (and I'm not sure how many people here do). But I say, if you feel like writing the story, by all means write the story. (Which is good advice for us all, isn't it?) :)

13. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    @Nehru_Amidala , it sounds like you want to write an AU of your AU. Go for it. I’m currently doing exactly that, and it’s a fascinating way to see how your characters react when there are very different circumstances thrown at them. I find it has strengthened my ability to write good characterizations.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
  14. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    I wish you guys had said something on the social thread, because Mav and Bri completely ignored my post, my feelings are really hurt by that, and I feel like chopped liver.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

15. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    The social thread is for social interaction - kinda like a chat room things get ignored, unanswered, etc, all the time. There was a lull in the conversation so we posted what was happening in our real lives, which is what the thread is for. The social thread isn't for discussing fanfic ideas. I almost edited your post in the social thread and gave you a warning, but was borderline a social post and wasn't quite sure what you were referring to since I had no context, so I left it. The Scribble pad is the more correct place for discussing ideas and inspiration.

I'm sorry your feelings were hurt, but it is the nature of that thread to be all over the place, and more focused on real-life topics.

I'm not going to reply to your question because I don't enjoy crossovers and I'm not a huge fan art connoisseur. It's just a personal preference so I don't have anything to add, but if you are inspired by something and think you'll have fun writing it, go ahead and write it.

Last edited: Jun 12, 2019
    Sith-I-5 and divapilot like this.
  16. Chancellor_Ewok

Chancellor_Ewok Chosen One star 7

Nov 8, 2004
    I am looking for plot ideas. I am writing a four way crossover between Milo Murphy’s Law, Phineas and Ferb, Ducktales and Big Hero 6. I am using Milo Murphy as my focal point character, as the story I am attempting to tell spins off of the MML season 2 finale. To date, I have approximately 15,000 words of manuscript. I have introduced all my principle characters and starting locations and have some general ideas about what I might eventually to happen to at least some of them.

The basic gist of the plot is thus far is that Milo was able to successfully help the Octalians dissipate the Sphere of Calamity, which was attracting the all of the planet’s negative probability. However, the ship that Melissa, Zack, Doof, Perry, Cavendish and Dakota took from Earth to find Milo after he was abducted was damaged and had to be repaired. On top of this, Doof and Melissa wound up trying to build an inator to mitigate Milo’s negative probability field, in order to prevent him from accidentally killing everyone. Eventually, Milo and his friends were able to safely return to Earth, even though Doof’s inator left Milo in a certain amount of discomfort. In the meantime, in Duckburg, San Fransokyo and Danville there are three quantum physics projects either completed or under construction with the goal of establishing a stable interdimensional wormhole. Additionally, Doof is starting to work on his long term project of building a working time machine.

Some of the thoughts I’ve had regarding possible story ideas I’ve include the idea of Milo becoming a time agent, Gizmoduck and Big Hero 6 swapping cities, Perry running OWCA missions in Duckburg, Gyro teaching at SFIT and Phineas and Ferb designing gear for Big Hero 6.

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Candace is shown to be a big hero fangirl in Phineas and Ferb: Mission Marvel. I can see her be fangirl over BH6 and any of the heroes from the Duckburg-reality

Chancellor_Ewok likes this.
  18. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    That’s good to know. I wonder how Hiro would react that. Karmi hates him, but writes really bad BH6 fanfic. There’s also the image of how Candace would react to learning that her genius brothers are designing tech for an actual super team. What I am trying to figure out in the meantime, however, is how to position my characters so that I can actually do things with them. For example, one idea that I’ve hinted at is the idea that if the Octalians abducted Milo out of necessity and for altruistic purposes, there are people whose interest Milo is potentially a lot more sinister. On that basis I brought Obake Yashiki back from the dead and wiped his memory. I also wrote a scene Cavendish and Dakota talk about Milo’s safety and decide that they should keep an eye on him and his friends.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2019
  19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I have very little ideas overall how the series you plan to use are going, beside Milo Murphy’s Law which I know nothing about but since both BH6 and Gizmoduck are tech users you can do something about that. There is the possibility of interaction between Phineas and Ferb, the BH6 gang (minus Fred) and Gyro Gearloose in there roles as inventors.

You could also introduce a BH6-movie/series version of Furi Wamu who appeared in the comic, maybe as some kind of government liaison or overseer:
    [​IMG]
    pic from Big Hero 6 (2008) #5

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  20. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    The thought that I had about getting Hiro to cross paths with Phineas and Ferb was some kind battlebot/game of drones type event. Phineas and Ferb skew probability to outcomes in their favour, so they would be likely to win, but Hiro is an expert bot fighter, so he’d give them a serious fight.I was thinking that as a result they win a scholarship to SFIT and wind up staying with Hiro and his aunt and eventually get mixed with Big Hero 6.

pronker likes this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Is it the classic or the modern version of Ducktales you plan to use? In whatever case I can see Huey, Dewey, and Louie being into battlebots. It would also be in character for the comic or Quack Pack version of Donald to be interested in that, even if his nephews are not.

Also: Gizmoduck did work wit Darkwing Duck a couple of times, you could throw in heroes/villains from that series.

Last edited: Jun 18, 2019
    pronker likes this.
  22. Chancellor_Ewok

Nov 8, 2004
    No, I am using the rebooted series, although now that I think about it, I can easily see Huey and probably Dewey being into bot fighting.

pronker likes this.
  23. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Any species/cultures that people think would be fitting as having ones upon a time have migrated to the Voss sector?

Any non-humanoid speciec capable of space travel that people think should have more representation?

24. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    I'm partial to Kushibans and Chironians.

Gamiel likes this.
  25. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I love Chironians, because I'm a real-life Chiron obsessee and I would summon him. But Gamiel is already a Lusa fanboy...

Tarsier likes this.