main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Fanfic Writer's Desk: Your Place for Writing Discussion, Questions, and Advice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luna_Nightshade, Nov 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    lyra!

Ewok Poet, pronker and Gamiel like this.
  2. Sith-I-5

Sith-I-5 Force Ghost star 6

Aug 14, 2002
    Oswaft

Gamiel, Tarsier and pronker like this.
  3. Ewok Poet

Ewok Poet Force Ghost star 6

Jul 31, 2014
    I have not heard of these before...AWESOME! :eek:

pronker likes this.
  4. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Yeah, I had never heard of the other three, either. Just reading up on the lyra now.

pronker likes this.
  5. starbuck_archer

starbuck_archer Jedi Knight star 1

Jul 23, 2019
    Wookiepedia has been a great resource for catching up on almost 17 years of EU stuff I have missed since 2002. However, in researching Thrawn, I haven't been able to piece together a good timeline of where/what he was doing he was about 10 years BBY.

It seems safe to assume that Thrawn is in the Imperial Navy at this point, but what rank is he? What ship does he currently command?

The TIE Fighter PC game, which occurs around ESB, has Thrawn's rank as Vice Admiral around 2-3 ABY. It looks like around 11 BBY he was setting up a fortress for the "Empire of the Hand" (still researching this interesting little aspect of lore).

I am guess that at 10 BBY, he is probably a Rear Admiral or Commodore, in command of a small fleet or a single Imperial or Victory class star destroyer.

Thoughts?

pronker likes this.
  6. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Hello @starbuck_archer and welcome. I've moved your thread into an existing thread (your post regarding Thrawn's timelinecan be seen above) as we do not allow individual threads for one-off questions for fanfic content. This is the more appropriate thread for such questions. If you have any other questions regarding posting here, please read the Welcome New Users thread or start a private conversation with myself or one of the other fanfic mods.

pronker, Gamiel and starbuck_archer like this.
  7. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Although I have the plot of my current story almost entirely mapped, I struggle for an engaging opening scene.

I am writing the sequel to my story “Star Wars: The Last Jedi redo” (see “Sequel trilogy redo”) detailing Episode IX.

I want to open with the Resistance battling the First Order, but I don’t want it to be filler. I want this opening battle to have a purpose.

Iron_lord and pronker like this.
  8. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I seems to lack words right now. How would people describe the qukuuf (face markings) of the characters pictured below

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Pictures taken from the SW Fanon wiki, representing different kiffar characters.

----------------------------------------

Do we know of any culture/s that are known for their swordsmanship? Not counting the Jedi/Sith.

Last edited: Aug 2, 2019
  9. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Something like sigils, or clan sigils, colored sigils ... ?

10. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    For the 3rd one - white / silver face paint drawn horizontally across the bridge of the nose, and forming capital T's down both cheekbones. Mary Formal, thanks to her many years on Cifre (Earth), smiled as she was reminded of the "fill cup to here" markings on the side of a Pot Noodle cup, with regards to the boiling water intended to rehydrate the dessicated foodstuff inside.

The latter part of my thing above, would only apply if you have a protagonist crossed-over from Earth. I don't know if the GFFA has a Pot Noodle equivalent.

Nope, cannot think of anyone known for their swordmanship. Outside of one of my GM's creations. And his carry swords; I don't know if they do anything with them.

Tarsier and Gamiel like this.
  11. LAJ_FETT

LAJ_FETT Tech Admin (2007-2023) - She Held Us Together star 10 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

May 25, 2002
    Mandalorians have the Dark Saber, but that doesn't mean they have prowess in sword fighting.

12. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    [face_rofl]

Sith-I-5 likes this.
  13. Tarsier

Tarsier Jedi Grand Master star 4

Jul 31, 2005
    @starbuck_archer Welcome to the forum! :) Those sort of really specific canon questions are often better asked in Lit (please don't think people are ignoring you here, they likely just don't know the answer - we tend to play it pretty fast and loose with canon here in fanfic). I don't spend much time in Lit, so I can't provide much guidance beyond that, but I'm sure there's a Thrawn thread or two in there that might have some more information.

@Emperor Ferus Also not ignoring you, just don't have any ideas!

@Gamiel I don't know anything about them, but I just came across the Kage Warriors on the Wook.

Gamiel and pronker like this.
  14. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    [face_dancing]That's a neat thing to hear, that you've mapped and can now have the fun of fleshing out your story. Re battle scenes, this might be helpful?
    https://boards.theforce.net/threads...cism-towards-improving-combat-scenes.6767593/

Tarsier and Emperor Ferus like this.
  15. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Assuming that's like Cup-O-Noodles in the USA, even if it's not established in canon, it could totally be a thing. Maybe an ANGRY MACE Noodle Bowl.

pronker likes this.
  16. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    Do the Cup-O-Noodles, and ANGRY MACE Noodle Bowl require water to re-hydrate the contents?

17. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Not ANGRY MACE. Lo Pan's Noodles! Get your 'Make-it-at-home' Noodle Bowl today!

[​IMG]

pronker likes this.
  18. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Yup.

Both. Both is good.

19. Sith-I-5

Aug 14, 2002
    The Pork Chop Express?

Big Trouble in Little China?

Actually, come to think of it, that is probably where I know the name "Lo Pan" from.

Last edited: Aug 3, 2019
    Gamiel likes this.
  20. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Yep.

They also make a reference to Egg Shen

21. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Need help naming the Knights of Ren. In the past, I have borrowed Legends characters from the post ROTJ era.

Zorri Bliss will be one, as will Allegiant General Pryde (my version of the latter is played by Dominic Monaghan). DJ may also be a Knight of Ren in my IX version. However, there are about a dozen others.

Iron_lord likes this.
  22. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Here's an old post about possible Darth names I made earlier this year, maybe any of them fits:

Emperor Ferus and pronker like this.
  23. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Thanks for the help!

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Here is also a post listening Spacer Surnames that could be of interest.

Also, if you want some kind of cool titles to put before or after their names can I also create some.

Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
    pronker and Emperor Ferus like this.
  25. Dark Ferus

Jul 29, 2016
    Greatly appreciated!