main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Fanfic Writer's Desk: Your Place for Writing Discussion, Questions, and Advice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luna_Nightshade, Nov 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Grievous2003

Grievous2003 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2019
    I know that Kamino clones ordinarily take 10 years to grow to maturity. Throughout the Clone Wars show, they are taking about growing more clone troopers as the war effort escalates; there were several episodes of the Senate debating about producing more soldiers. Obviously the Republic would need to continue to grow clone troopers in order to keep up with the Separatists who were continually manufacturing droids. In order to fix this plot hole, I believe that the Kaminoans resorted to using Spaarti cloning in order to meet the increased Republic demands. Spaarti clones are able to be grown in one year but they are not as effectively trained as the normal clones. I feel the Kaminoans would be capable of using Spaarti cloning in that in The Force Unleashed II game they were able to grow fully mature clones of Starkiller in a matter of months. In Legends, Palpatine secretly produced a second clone army on Centax-2 using Spaarti cylinders to replenish to Republic's depleted ranks. Under these circumstances, losing all of Jango's DNA a samples would be a serious blow for Kamino and require a new template as soon as possible.

I also have another question regarding cloning. I figured that if the Separatists did conquer Kamino and destroy the cloning facilities that Palpatine would simply establish a new cloning base like he did on Centax-2 in Legends. The issue with this I am thinking is regarding the bio-chips that were implemented into the clones to execute Order 66. If Palpatine were to establish a new cloning facility, these new clones would also need to be implanted with the chips. The only people who knew the truth about the bio-chips were Palpatine, Dooku, Lama Su, and Nala Se. Establishing a different cloning facility with new administrators would require more people to know about the chips and increase the risk of exposing Order 66. What are your thoughts on this matter?

2. jpb19

jpb19 Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2019
    I am currently working on Star Wars Episode 0 Origins as a text adventure game and fanfic. After seeing the Rise of Skywalker, I think the Dark Side and Light Side were at war since the beginning of the Star Wars universe. Is it possible that Satan is the main source of the Dark Side in Star Wars? In this video game, I am not going to have the Dark Side referred to as Satan directly. I think the imbalance in the force had to do with a Dark Side user who abused the force. In my video game, this abuser will clearly be Satan, but he will be using a different name. There will also be a light side user as well. The light side user will be tasked in the video game with keeping the force in balance. Does anyone on here think this is a good idea for a fictional story. Is this possibly how the force came to be?

pronker likes this.
  3. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Hi, I just wanted to say that I enjoy reading your well-developed ideas as much as reading fic and if I had suggestions, I'd tell you. The ideas continue to abound for you and this is the SW era that I'm most interested in and had a long fic plotted, too, before my get up and go got up and went. Anyway, best wishes to you and a very happy St. Urho's Day.@};-

@jpb19 What a novel idea and the best of luck with your story and game.

Last edited: Mar 16, 2020
  4. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    Short answer: no on all counts.

Describing the light side and dark side as 'at war' represents an inappropriate anthropomorphic representation of the Force. The light side and dark side simply are. They are both fundamental components of the Force, and in the Star Wars universe The Force represents a fundamental component of reality. IMO the best way to think of the Force is as the fifth fundamental force of physics alongside electromagnetism, gravity, and the strong and weak forces.

Current canon also makes it clear that use of the dark and light sides of the Force can be mixed together, that there is a 'middle' between the extremes occupied by figures such as the Bendu. In mythological terms, there's the Daughter - representing the light side, the Son, representing the dark side, and the Father, who is supreme and stands in the middle.

Sith-I-5 and Snocone like this.
  5. jpb19

jpb19 Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2019
    Could Star Wars Episode 0 Origins have a supernatural entity that is still Satan that uses the dark side of the Force and abuses the Force? I want to make the story similar to The Silmarillion. I was even thinking of including Elohim and the Ancient of Days in Star Wars Episode 0 Origins.

6. Grievous2003

Jan 31, 2019
    The Hutts were clearly afraid of the information that Ziro had on him. Ziro threatened to send that information to the Republic Senate if they killed him. Even though the Hutts were allies of the Republic, they did not want the Republic to find out what was on that datapad. Even if the Republic decided to look the other way to maintain the alliance with the Hutts, the Hutts would pay for it after the war ended when the Republic acted upon the evidence. As such, it would be in the Hutts best interest to indulge Maul's demands to keep him from releasing the evidence. In addition, if the Republic were to fall, there would be no one for Maul to release the information to.

Let's say that there was something big enough on the Hutts' records to persuade them to cut ties with the Republic. Would the suggested scenario of the Republic forces being cut off from the Outer Rim be applicable or is there a way around it that I am not seeing?

Gamiel and pronker like this.
  7. Mechalich

Mechalich Jedi Grand Master star 4

Feb 2, 2010
    You cannot effectively turn Star Wars into a Christian allegory, the mythological foundation is too divorced from that baseline, so in the broadest sense, no. The closest comparable figure to Satan - in the form of a primordial being of darkness who befriended and subsequently betrayed the gods - is Abeloth. You could write an AU story in which Abeloth escaped imprisonment at a far earlier date than she did in the Fate of the Jedi novels and subsequently served as the foundation for the use of the dark side by sapient beings during the current cycle of galaxy civilization instead of the Rakatan Infinite Empire. There's certainly room to insert that into the currently extremely vague early history of the new canon.

8. jpb19

jpb19 Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2019
    If I ignore the Clone Wars and ignore the expanded universe timeline all together, the original ideas for Star Wars Episode 0 Origins can still work right? I am basing it on the stuff in the Star Wars movies.

9. Grievous2003

Jan 31, 2019
    Thanks I appreciate it. I have all these ideas but I am just trying to determine if they make sense or not. I saw that you liked my comment regarding the scenario where Maul blackmails the Hutts to close off the Outer Rim to the Republic. Do you think that makes sense?

10. Snocone

Snocone Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 14, 2015
    I haven't been on much recently—been working on other non-SW projects. I think the hardest part for me when I read your questions/ideas is that they all seem workable and interesting in theory. I would have to see them written out in order to know if I personally like the alternate stories or not. But do they all make sense? Yes! If you're going to create an alternate timeline in which Maul kills Palpatine or one in which Maul blackmails the Hutts to close off the Outer Rim, that's your prerogative. That comes with the risk of the story not working out quite the way you want it to, which means multiple revisions as you approach key plot points. That's what's happened in my prequel rewrites: I've found that I need to alter my outline in major ways due to the tiny changes throughout the previous sections. It's the Butterfly Effect, I guess.

Long story short, I think you're only going to find out whether or not a majority of readers accept your headcanon once you've written a complete arc. Not to say that you shouldn't share your ideas. But I've found that while reading your musings over various plot directions, I've often thought, "Yeah, I could see that." If you can come up with a plausible reason for each event, then people will go along with it. Heck, you could make Maul saw off his horns and become a good guy somehow if you came up with a plausible enough arc leading up to it. It's all up to your imagination.

Gamiel and pronker like this.
  11. jpb19

jpb19 Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2019
    Teu Fel will be the first dark side user in Star Wars Episode 0 Origins. The Voice of the Force will be the main protagonist in Origins and Teu Fel will be the main antagonist. I really think Teu's spirit was part of Palpatine's spirit in The Rise of Skywalker. Teu Fel is based on the German word Teufel which means Devil. Lu Zifer will be his light side name. The player will play as a human male that has a connection with the Force. The player will get to chose to go to the Dark Side or the Light Side.

12. Snocone

Snocone Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 14, 2015
    Earlier, you said you're basing it on stuff from the movies—I don't recall the movies ever mentioning Teu Fel or Lu Zifer...

Disclaimer: I'm a Christ-follower.

I think you may receive a couple of different reactions to creating Star Wars mythology that is based on Christian ideology, allegory, and/or naming conventions: One, people may think it doesn't make a lot of sense given the already-established canon regarding the Force. The Force according to canon is what the movies say it is, nothing more or less. The New Jedi Order series explored the idea of the Force being merely the way that one galaxy views a higher order, but if you aren't going by EU stuff, then that will not matter. If you really are sticking to what the movies say, then I suggest putting the various quotes by people like Yoda in Episode V into one document and using that as your basis.

Another potential reaction would be: "This story borrows from real-world belief systems and isn't very creative." To use your comparison, Tolkien's Silmarillion is far enough removed from our reality to be plausible as fantasy fiction. The "God" of that story did not create the universe in the same way that the God of Christianity did. The histories of the various peoples and the enemy Morgoth have thematically similar elements to Christian beliefs such as the contest between a good power and a bad power, but they are far more different from Christianity than similar. Further, the Silmarillion is based in an incredibly complex fantasy world written by a linguist who made up entire languages for fun. We can hardly fault Tolkien for using familiar thematic elements when he was writing pages of poetry in syntactically unique languages of his own making.

George Lucas, on the other hand, made the (debatable) decision to add nods to the real world into his films—for example, "Life Day" resembling Christmas and the Tarzan-like hollering of the Wookiees as they swung on vines in Return of the Jedi. These decisions are typically criticized because they bring the viewer/reader/player out of the mythos of the story and dump them back into the real world.

So then, creating a character with such a thin veil (Lu Zifer for Lucifer) may wrench your audience out of Star Wars and cause them to question the originality and creativity of your story. A better option, in my humble opinion, would be to explore common human sentiments and questions (such as whether or not ends justify means, for example) against the established-canon backdrop of Star Wars, particularly the nature of the Force as expounded by Yoda, Luke, etc.

13. jpb19

jpb19 Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2019
    Lu Morgenstern is a better name than Lu Zifer.

14. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    I would use Morningstar, it sounds like a Star Wars name. Maybe Alpharius, Alfa or Alpha Morningstar, as a referense to "First of the Fallen"?

15. Grievous2003

Jan 31, 2019
    I have another question that I would appreciate input on. Again, the jist of my story is that Dooku is the Head of State of the Confederacy, Maul is the Supreme Commander of the Droid Armies, Maul has Dooku assassinated, and Maul takes over the Confederacy.

My question is how long after the Clone War begins (First Battle of Geonosis) should I have Maul wait before assassinating Dooku and usurping the Separatists? He can't have Dooku killed too soon because it would be serious blow to the Separatists morale and Dooku is critical to persuading additional star systems to joining the Confederacy. Maul also can't wait too long or else Sidious and Dooku will extensively sabotage the Separatists' war efforts to ensure they don't come out on top. In addition, Maul will need time to establish himself as the military hero in the Confederacy's public eye in order to gain the peoples' favor when he assumes control (In canon, Dooku wanted Grievous to be the face of the Confederacy but couldn't when he became a monstrous cyborg). It is basically the same as how the military successes of such individuals as George Washington, Andrew Jackson, and Ulysses S. Grant helped them get elected president.

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
  16. jpb19

jpb19 Jedi Youngling

Dec 7, 2019
    I have thought about explaining the Dyad. In Star Wars Episode 0 Origins, there will be Adam and Eve like characters that Teu Fel will deceive. The concept of fear leading to anger leading to hate leading to suffering will apply in this story. Teu Fel will suck their life force from them because of their sin. I like this idea. This explains the origins of the Dyad and how it even existed from the beginning of the Star Wars universe.

Does anyone on here think this is a good idea?

Last edited: Mar 18, 2020
    pronker likes this.
  17. Grievous2003

Jan 31, 2019
    So in developing my story, I arrived at the Malachor Sith Temple and hit a little roadblock. My issue is that I am trying to understand exactly what the Malachor superweapon is in order to develop this part of the story in my head. I know that the superweapon is powered by a giant kyber crystal and it was used to petrify and kill countless Jedi and Sith during a battle thousands of years ago. Other than that, we don't see the weapon's true capabilities as the Sith holocron is removed before anything happen. The massive explosion of energy as Kanan and Ezra leave is an indication of its massive power. I can only use a weapon capable of petrifying armies as useful when the armies actually come to Malachor. Otherwise it will just stand there doing nothing if no one bother to comes. Maul said the temple was a battle station, but I don't really see something like that as space-worthy (is the term "battle station" strictly referring to space weapons or can it just mean a superpowered fortress). Even if it was space-worthy, you would just need a large fleet of capital ships to destroy it. If Maul activated the weapon on Malachor, wouldn't he end up being petrified like all the Jedi and Sith that died when it was activated long ago? I am just trying to figure out the practicality of a life destroying temple that its either stuck on Malachor or an easy target for enemy ships and may kill the people commanding it. I hope you guys follow what I am saying.

Looking at the Malachor temple, it made think of the Ama no Hoko from the anime Naruto: Shippuden (https://naruto.fandom.com/wiki/Ama_no_Hoko). It was basically just an underground tower with massive amounts of energy but we never saw what it was capable of because it was deactivated before anything could happen. However, a clone of Naruto ends up being enhanced by the tower's energy and giving him incredible powers. I thought I had from this was what if the energy derived from the kyber crystal inside the Sith temple could be used to augment the Force powers of an individual? Kyber crystals are Force-attuned which to me means they do possess the energy of the Force. The process would be similar to how Captain Marvel in the MCU got her powers by absorbing the energy from the Tesseract; in the context of Star Wars, Captain Marvel would be a Jedi/Sith and the Tesseract would be the Sith Temple's giant kyber crystal. Also since the temple's kyber crystal is likely corrupted to the Dark Side of the Force, the result of absorbing the energy from the crystal would result in the individual becoming corrupted by the Dark Side.

pronker likes this.
  18. pronker

Jan 28, 2007

Welp, I dunno what to tell ya here, only that I read the above earnest book upon publication and the canon has changed way loads since then. I thought the book did well enough for the canon at the time and if you've set out to express an interpretation of the dyad, then go for it. It's your story and writing it will soothe the burn to write that we all share. :)

19. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    But why would the hutt stay neutral if the Republic decided to turn against them? Why not join Maul?

There is also the possibility that Ziro's information is not something that would turn the Republic against Hutt space as a realm but only something that's damaging against some high position hutts? Or maybe it is information that's damaging for the high hutts but not something that would turn the Republic against them? Like stuff that would turn other hutts against them, or maybe some of their client races?

I'm not certain that's really what that's episode is about. Also, it has been mentioned on this forum (I don't remember where sadly) so was an idea that was never used that another group of semi-divine Force being would appear in another episode and they would follow other rules or mention that the Father, Daughter and Son had misunderstood things.

While I do like that episode do I think that creators just did not think about how long it was established that the clones took to grow/train. One possibility that the kaminoans actually continued producing clone troopers, even after reaching the number ordered, but they are not letting them join the fight until the Republic have paid for them.

If it was me so would I ignore the whole "ordering more clones" part of that episode.

With that said so if they Republic tried to creat more clone troopers using Spaarti cloning so would they probably use some person who has gotten some kind of hero status to use that in their propaganda - "Our new clone troopers will be based on Ciaphas Cain, Hero of the Republic! With him as the gene-sire the Separatist will not stand a chance!" - actually how good the template is not that important since the clones will be speed trained and grown, meaning that they are going to be rather faulty no matter the template.

The Jedi will most likely be against the use of Spaarti cloning since that kind of clone creation feel wrong in the Force.

I would have it so that Spaarti clones did not have them, because my impression of them is that they can do their duty good enough and little more, they lack any real personality or experience, so if they had some kind of Order 66 program as part of their flash-memory-training so would they follow it.

There is also that they feel wrong in the Force that wold make the Jedi not wanting to work with them.

pronker likes this.
  20. Grievous2003

Jan 31, 2019
    So this may seem a little weird/confusing but I hope you can keep up with me. Based on my observations of Mother Talzin's plot to absorb the living Force energy from Queen Julia and the Dagoyan Masters to increase her Force potential, I have been coming up with instances in which different characters are able to increase their Force potential and make themselves move powerful. Talzin claimed that absorbing the living Force of the Dagoyan's would make her more powerful than any Jedi or Sith. In addition, some characters are also made stronger by longer periods of training. The only issue is since these characters get stronger through different means, I am unable to determine who would be the most powerful and who could beat who in a fight. There is also the question of how powerful these enhanced characters would be to the canon versions of such characters as Yoda and Sidious. What I am going to do is list the characters in my story and the means by which they become more powerful and ask you to provide your opinion on how they rank compared to each other (Note that this is how powerful they would be by around New Hope). Also tell me how powerful they would be compared to the most powerful Force users like Vader, Yoda, and Sidious (this is totally based on interpretation so I welcome your opinions and perspectives):

1.) Savage Opress - receives 20-25 years of Sith training under Darth Maul and his speed, power, agility, and Force powers are enhanced by Nightsister magic.
    2.) Darth Maul - receives 10 additional years of Sith training under Darth Sidious and his speed, power, agility, and Force powers are enhanced by Nightsister magic as Savage was.
    3.) Mother Talzin - absorbs the living Force from Queen Julia and the Dagoyan Masters
    4.) Ahsoka Tano (Rebels) - the Daughter on Mortis transfers her remaining powers to Ahsoka to save her life, which also results in Ahsoka receiving the Daughter's living Force, thereby increasing her Force potential. While Ahsoka would not be as powerful as the Daughter, receiving just a fraction of the powers of a God-like Force being would grant one considerable powers.
    5.) Dabura (Clone of Count Dooku) - receives almost 10 years of Sith training under Count Dooku, and then later at the Sith temple on Malachor absorbs energy channeled from the temple's giant kyber crystal to enhance his Force powers. (Note: kyber crystals feed on the living Force from all living beings, focusing energy and amplifying it. In addition, in Legends there was a Kaiburr crystal capable of increasing a Force-user's power.)
    6.) Darth Vindetta (Daughter of Palpatine and Sly Moore) - receives almost 20 years of Sith training from Palpatine, whose spirit resides in his decaying clone vessels. Vindetta kills Palpatine so that his spirit can inhabit her body, which results in the fusion of Vindetta and Palpatine's Force energy into one vessel. (I approach this as similar to the concept of jinchurriki in Naruto; in this case, Vindetta is Naruto who is the vessel and Palpatine is the Nine Tails that resides in her giving her his power.)
    7.) Anakin Skywalker - remains true to Light Side of the Force into A New Hope and his body does not burned and dismembered. (Note: Canon Vader is more powerful than Legends Vader has his injuries don't hold him back mentally.)

Obviously Maul is stronger than Savage. For the purposes of my story, Enhanced Maul is stronger than Sidious (I base this off the Infinities storyline where Ventress is imbued with Nightsister magic such that she becomes powerful enough to kill her master Dooku). I hope you can all follow this.

Last edited: Mar 20, 2020
    pronker likes this.
  21. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    @Grievous2003 Somethings that might interest you are:

The Dathomir Fan Club - from kwa to witches! thread

And some posts in the Fanon thread:

Force abilities/powers/skills/techniques by @Gamiel (multi-post)
    Soul drain by @Chyntuck

You might also find some of the other Fanon post interesting when it comes to what Maul could be allying himself with or use:

Dathomir by Gamiel
    Force traditions with dark side tendencies by Gamiel
    Force artefacts and Homunculi by Gamiel
    The Blasphemous and the Forbidden by Gamiel
    Abnormal/forbidden Force Arts and Anomalies by @Gahmah Raan
    Ordo Aurorae Aureae by @Gamiel
    List of Magnificent/Deadly Flora and Fauna by Gahmah Raan
    List of Monsters by Gamiel
    Nichitelakosti—Warbeasts of the Sith by @Kahara

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    Gahmah Raan, Kahara and pronker like this.
  22. Grievous2003

Jan 31, 2019
    Hello, I had a few ideas about Admiral Trench that I wanted to run by the community:

1.) In the Clone Wars episode "Cat and Mouse", Trench attempts to destroy Anakin's stealth ship by disabling his ships' thermal shields and firing tracking torpedoes. Anakin then flies past Trench's ship so that he can redirect the tracking torpedoes to the bridge Trench is on. Trench is unable to raise the shields because his tactical droid says they are still recharging, which results in Trench getting blown away. This to me seems like another instance of plot armor to enable to good guys to come on top again. Prior to deactivating shields and firing the tracking torpedoes, the shields were still functioning just fine with no mention of them being short on power. Otherwise, the shields would still be able to keep going if Trench did not order the shields to be lowered. As such, the shields would not need to recharge as they still had enough power to operate an protect the bridge. In Empire Strikes Back when it looked like the Millennium Falcon was going to attack Captain Needa's star destroyer, Needa ordered the shields to be raised and they were able to do so immediately. By that logic, and assuming the shields were sufficiently charged, they should have been able to raise the shields on Trench's ship when he gave the order. I know that Trench somehow survived the explosion. I just feel he was blown away needlessly.

2.) Since Trench's species (Harch) were spider-like creatures, an idea I had was for Trench to be able to secrete spider silk from his mouth and fire it at targets. I thought about how Trandoshans are lizard-like creates and they have abilities real lizards have such regrowing lost limbs. While real life spiders secrete webbing from glands on their abdomens, in the game Jedi Fallen Order the Wyyyschokk spiders on Kashyyyk were able to launching their web-like enzyme from their mandibles. As such, Trench spitting silk from his mouth would not be considered inconsistent considering Star Wars biology. I am not saying Trench would be a Star Wars Spiderman. I am just saying that this is an ability he would use if the situation called for it, like when Anakin threatened to kill him during the Battle of Anaxes.

pronker likes this.
  23. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    Love this idea!

Agreed. He was such a viscerally repellent character on the order of the Geonosian queen and needed reusing. What I would like to see is a RL-derivative SW character similar to a butterfly who is evil.

24. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    He did survive, just not undamaged:
    [​IMG]

It's a possibility - another possibility it that he spits acid, or acidic-poison.

Something like the Xaplo Heralds of Death?
    [​IMG]
    from https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/foru...dev-diary-70-the-adams-update-part-1.1017372/

pronker likes this.
  25. pronker

Jan 28, 2007
    It's fun to consider writing tips and tricks ...

1. If the story is in past tense and then you have a flashback, you might run into the had monotone... [Back when Buffy first knew what it was like to be a big sister, she had had delusions of grandeur that she could teach Dawn to, you know, like, put on nail polish the only right way. But then Dawn had sprouted all that weird supernatural stuff and Buffy had had to change plans.]

Tiptoe back into regular past tense in a para or so, hoping folks don't notice, with:

[Back when Dawn first popped into Buffy's life as more or less somebody to confide in, she'd been interested in makeup. There'd been a friend of Buffy's who was interested, too.

"Subtle says more with less, here let me show you," Willow had said when they'd gotten together on more than a oh-so-you're-Buffy's-tagalong-sister way.

''Mkay," said Dawn. She'd never much thought about Willow before. {{now back to regular past tense}} That next three-day weekend, they saged the house together.]

2. Indirect speech to avoid slogging through exposition:

Handwave smalltalk:

[They drank more mimosas. Kowalski said he enjoyed his work. He said he wasn't good at emotional stuff, but with a flowchart he did okay to figure out relationships. Blowhole said pure science is better than any of that and here, have a codfish canapé, I made them just for our power breakfast.]

Handwave exposition:

["So this is how you turn on the computer that controls this ship with you inside its mainframe, Callista?" asked Luke as the pad of his finger circled the inset power button. He pressed firmly, Callista twitched and the ship fell out of hyperspace. Mara tuned out the rest of the byplay and mused over her options.]

Would anybody else consider sharing a favorite tip?

@Gamiel Oh very good, yes!!

Last edited: Mar 27, 2020
    Tarsier likes this.