main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Resource Fanfic Writer's Desk: Your Place for Writing Discussion, Questions, and Advice

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Luna_Nightshade, Nov 24, 2011.

Tags:
  1. Grievous2003

Grievous2003 Jedi Knight star 1

Jan 31, 2019
    I was wondering, were there any instances during Anakin's Jedi training (Legends or Canon) where he displayed stronger feats due to his higher midichlorian count? Because he had a higher force potential than anyone in the galaxy, was this evident in his training by performing above-average feats?

2. PlanetSmasher

PlanetSmasher Jedi Knight star 2

Mar 14, 2017
    My knowledge of Anakin Skywalker is limited to what I saw in the movies. His growing up years, are a mystery to me. Hey, this speaks to Obiwan's powers. If he could be trusted with a student like Anakin Skywalker, then he must have been pretty special himself...

pronker likes this.
  3. Grievous2003

Jan 31, 2019
    I have fascination with Kazdan Paratus and his army of junk droids from the Force Unleashed and wanted to incorporate something similar to it in my fanfic. While hiding on Raxus Prime, Kazdan constructed an army of junk droids to protect himself that was capable of keeping the Empire from taking over the planet. These weren't normal droids as they were powered by the Force. After Starkiller killed Kazdan, his entire droid army shut down leaving way for the Empire to take over Raxus Prime. The only thing that I have seen that bears a resemblance to Kazdan's ability is the Nightsisters' Chant of Resurrection where Force magicks to bring dead Nightsister corpses to life that become immobile corpses again when the caster is killed. I feel it is possible to bring an army of junk droids to life through the Force, but I am unsure how such an army would be created in the first place. I have seen two versions of Kazdan's droids in the video games:

1.) In the PS2 version, the scrap droids aren't actually droids but just a bunch junk thrown together that are being held together only by the Force. I feel that maintaining an army of junk people that don't even have a physical form is too much for a single Force user to maintain.

2.) In the Wii version, the scrap droids look like actual droids that were actually assembled. The Junk Golems, Junk Behemoths, and Junk Titan look like junk parts that were actually fastened together. In my mind, these droids are powered by the Force the same way as the Nightsister corpses. I have two theories on how the Kazdan assembles the droids:

a.) Kazdan assembles the droids one by one. The issue for me with this is that it would take forever for Kazdan to create an army this way that is capable of keeping back the Empire. Granted, Kazdan was hiding on Raxus Prime for at most 16 years before he was killed and he had a lot of free time, but it still seems extremely tedious.

b.) Kazdan activates one of the old factories on Raxus Prime and uses it to build his junk droid army for him. However, I have two issues here. First, the factories on Raxus Prime are all hundreds of years old such that they may not be functionally at this point. Second, I am not sure if Kazdan is able to get the resources he needs to fuel one of the factories.
    What are you thoughts on how a such a junk droid army could be created on a planet like Raxus Prime?

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    pronker likes this.
  4. Starith

Starith Jedi Master star 3

Apr 5, 2020
    I think I remember the Jedi Quest books establishing that he was indeed a stand-out student and learned things quicker than most other Padawans.

Last edited: Jun 8, 2021
    Bel505 and pronker like this.
  5. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    Have not played that game but based on your description can I see 2 a with the ad on that the droids (at least some of them) help him build more droids, which in turn build more droids. He could also be empoering them (unconsciously?) though the Force, making them function better/less bad than they would normally.

6. Grievous2003

Jan 31, 2019
    Question about the first Death Star's construction. In the new canon, it was established that the Death Star took so long to complete was because Galen Erso managed to find ways to delay the projects completion. The Death Star's construction began in secret during the Clone Wars (In Legends it was being built by the Separatists and in Canon it was being built by the Republic). An idea I had is what if the Death Star's construction didn't begin during the Clone Wars? What if whichever side was building the battle station opted to reallocate the Death Star resources to the war effort and building larger armies instead? Under such circumstances, the Death Star construction wouldn't continue until after the war ended, delaying the project by around 2 years. Under this scenario, would the Death Star still have been completed by the events of Rogue One/New Hope or would it not have been ready at this time? The Death Star would have been completed much sooner if Galen didn't sabotage the project. Also Galen was not working on the Death Star until after the war ended. I was just unsure if the two years taken away from the Death Star construction before Galen was recruited would have affected the station's completion date.

pronker likes this.
  7. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Yes! You've sparked a memory of how author Watson extrapolated upon 'you fell into that nest of gundarks and I rescued you, Master,' comment from AOTC in one of the JQ books. Obi-Wan is being hauled out of the nest by Anakin and admires his pupil because 'this is how Anakin's Force connection worked, completely and absolutely in his battle mind (I particularly remember 'battle mind')=D= because not only did he jump down into the nest but he had the perfect plan for getting himself and me back out of it.' I wonder now, since remembering that bit, if Obi-Wan compared himself to Anakin later in the film when Obi-Wan barreled off the Kamino tower after Jango ... [face_love]

Starith likes this.
  8. Snocone

Snocone Jedi Knight star 1

Sep 14, 2015
    Hi folks, I've turned my Episode I rewrite into book form, with a fancy cover and all that. I've heard that generally, a small fry like me won't incur the wrath of the Mouse if I'm just looking to print a few copies of my book for myself and some friends—NOT sell them.

I tried Lulu, and they terminated my account because my content included someone else's IP. I understand that they just want to protect themselves, but it was sudden and left with no room to explain.

So, does anyone know of a similar print-on-demand service through which I could print my book? Mass-market paperback/softcover, ~440 pages, if that helps.

Thanks in advance.

Mav Edit: Moved post to this thread. Double post was caused by this move.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 11, 2021
    pronker likes this.
  9. Snocone

Sep 14, 2015
    Hi all, I hope this is a good place for this question. I apologize if not. I've made extensive edits to my rewrite of Episode I, and I'd like to update the thread containing it, but it seems I can't copy/paste and retain formatting on this site. Is that the case?

Thanks.

pronker likes this.
  10. PlanetSmasher

Mar 14, 2017

Yeah. It's a problem I have. When I paste, I have to delete all of the extra blank lines so that the paragraphs aren't ridiculously spaced. It's a chore - and a pain, but that's how it is, here...

Snocone and pronker like this.
  11. Briannakin

Briannakin Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Feb 25, 2010
    Your best bet is likely a small, local print shop or bindery. My mother used to work in one and did similar stuff (non-published books in small quantities). Any large chain is likely not going to print anything that might be in a legally grey area.

Snocone and pronker like this.
  12. Snocone

Sep 14, 2015
  13. Grievous2003

Jan 31, 2019
    A while ago I was entertaining the possibility of making Cad Bane Force sensitivity based on how he was able to dodge a blaster bolt redirected at him by Anakin on TWO separate occasions. Then I remembered in Phantom Menace how it was established that humans can't podrace without Jedi reflexes. I did some research and it said that only aliens with extrasensory attributes were capable of podracing. It got me wondering if Duros have any extrasensory abilities that would explain Cade Bane's ability to dodge blasters like a Jedi, but I couldn't find anything on Wookipedia. Is there anything on Duros physiology about having extrasensory qualities?

pronker likes this.
  14. Grievous2003

Jan 31, 2019
    Sorry for double posting, but I had another idea for Cad Bane and this one pertains to his breathing tubes. The canon explanation for why Cad Bane has breathing tubes is to help him breathe in harsh environments, which doesn't make sense because every time he wears them is surrounded by people who are breathing just find. He doesn't need the tubes to live as he didn't wear them when working with Moralo Eval and Raako Hardeen (Obi wan). People have said that the tubes prevent him from suffocating if he is being Force choked by a Jedi, which is stupid as the tubes won't prevent his neck from being broken by the Force.

A different idea I had of what these tubes could be used for is to dispense a special kind of body enhancing stim into his body. I drew some inspiration for this from Bane from Dark Knight Rises whose mask administers an anesthetic to relieve the pain from his injuries. There are already stims in the Star Wars universe that can boost a user's physical capabilities through a shot, but I feel something that needs to be administered continuously through the tubes would have to be special. I was thinking of making Cad Bane's stim like a super soldier serum that pushes his physical limits to the max such that he becomes strong enough to break stone with his bare hands (like Savage could do even before his transformation). The effects of the stim are only active as long as it is continuously being administered to the user and Cad Bane would be capable of switching his apparatus on and off so that he only uses it when he needs it. My issue is if a "super soldier" stim like this existed in the Star Wars universe then more people would be using them and maybe trying such that it is not so unique. Maybe it being rare/expensive would limit the scope of use, although it would mean a common mercenary like Cade Bane would be less likely to get his hands on it. Are there any instances of super soldier stimulants in Star Wars? Could you think of any reasons as to why such a serum would not be so wide-spread in the galaxy and why Cad Bane would be able to get his hands on it?

pronker likes this.
  15. Gamiel

Gamiel Chosen One star 9

Dec 16, 2012
    The Duros are supposed to be among the best space pilots in the galaxy with bodies fully adopted for that - this has not really been explored in the lore or any of the RPG rules - I guess should mean better* reflexes for some things, an ability to take g-forces when accelating better*, and possibly an ability to not physicaly get weaker when in low g enviorments for short times. Can't see any extrasensory qualities with this. But their eyes are very big and in a 'verse where ship sensors are just a compliments to the pilots sight, you likley need a well developed sight sense so they have possibly inhuman good sight with some special abilites human eyes lack or are not good with.
    * then humans

Also, SW do feel like that kind of 'verse where if you are good enought you can dodge blaster blots as long as you are a bit a way and see them fired.

Ask this one in Lit, it feels like there should be but I can think of any.

maybe: It only work on duros, you need special tech to constantly calibrate it and so you don't get to much or to little, it's deadly/mutating in wrong doses, and it's not easy to creat - this would mean that you need the money of the serum and injection tech, and the later much be special made for you, and you need to be crazy enough to use it. Also, it's most likley alos illigal in Republic space

Tarsier and pronker like this.
  16. Jedi-Spy

Jedi-Spy Jedi Knight

Sep 25, 2019
    I'm writing my own story about a Beyond Legends Jedi Sentinel Shadow (Spy) is spying for the Rebellion. He has his own ship that he uses as his home base, when hidden away on a planet that he's working on, and as his base for transmitting intelligence back to the Rebellion. If it were capable of having a cargo/crew similar to the millennium falcon, similarly armed, and could potentially be crewed by one person or a person and droid, what would that kind of ship be? It should be something that maybe a pirate, smuggler, bounty hunter, or independent entrepreneur (that enjoys his security) might use.
    Thanks in advance for your help.

Mod edit: Moved question into correct thread.

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 22, 2021
  17. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    While I'm doing my second Chitty Chitty Bang Bang sequel, I also want to continue my Star Wars sequel trilogy rewrite.

One reason I haven't done more with VIII is because I want to figure out how IX will play out 100 percent or close.

I am debating about the fate of my main villain, as well as the big bad who will be introduced in IX.

pronker likes this.
  18. PlanetSmasher

Mar 14, 2017
    Is this a complete sentence?

"Some of them even stopped in their tracks."

pronker likes this.
  19. pronker

pronker Force Ghost star 4

Jan 28, 2007
    Sure looks like it! Subject some + verb stopped.

Tarsier likes this.
  20. PlanetSmasher

Mar 14, 2017
    Thank you! You just might have saved me from a run-on sentence with the sentence before the one I asked about.... (LOL Grammar is my greatest bane!)

pronker likes this.
  21. gizkaspice

gizkaspice Force Ghost star 4

Nov 27, 2013
    Without any context, IMO, it's not a complete sentence, but I'm also very picky so feel free to ignore my advice if you want. :p "Some of them even stopped in their tracks." Some of them is not a subject. Some of what? What's them? Some of is a quantifier. Them is a pronoun. There is no subject in sight.

You can fix this in a few ways:
    For example:
    People ran around in all directions and some of them even stopped in their tracks. (People is the subject with "and" as conjunction)
    People ran around in all directions, some of which even stopped in their tracks. (double check on this one...might need to be some of whom)
    People ran around in all directions; some of them even stopped in their tracks. (semi-colon)

Of course, writers can bend the rules of grammar to evoke emotion (short choppy sentences can give a greater effect than one that is "grammatically correct" but maybe boring)

Last edited: Jun 27, 2021
    Jedi Knight Fett likes this.
  22. PlanetSmasher

Mar 14, 2017
    Hmmm... Something to consider....

23. Dark Ferus

Dark Ferus Chosen One star 8

Jul 29, 2016
    Question:

Are any of you intimately familiar with the television show Gilmore Girls?

I would like to write a sequel to the revival, but I’m not sure I can do the characters justice bt myself. I’d like to collaborate/get help writing in PM.

I am currently off and on doing a Chitty Chitty Bang Bang and a Star Wars project, so my Gilmore Girls story wouldnt see the light until 2022.

24. Grievous2003

Jan 31, 2019
    So I had this idea in my story but I was unsure if it sounded too ludicrous, stupid, and unrealistic. I touched on it before but didn't explain all of it and wondered if it made any actual sense from your perspectives. I posted this before but I expanded on it at the end:

In my story, Padme is born Force-sensitive. However (as in Legends), she was born in an isolated mountain village on Naboo away from main society so her Midichlorian count isn't registered with the Jedi so she isn't taken into the Order. Padme learns about her Force sensitivity as she grows up, but she chooses to keep it a secret so that she can focus on helping her people through politics. The Jedi at some point would've sensed her Force-sensitivity, but don't act on it because she has passed the age where she could be trained as a Jedi. After she marries Anakin, Padme reveals her Force-sensitivity to him. Anakin offers to provide some training in using the Force which she accepts. Anakin only trains Padme in using the Force and not in lightsaber combat. Padme only trains in minor force exercises and it is not as intensive and deep as Ahsoka's would be. Padme spends her free time during the next three years of the Clone Wars honing her skills in the Force in secret.

Unbeknownst to Anakin and Padme is that Anakin subconsciously creates a Force dyad between himself and Padme through his love for her. The dyad is officially formed when Padme returns Anakin's feelings. This is something only Anakin would be capable of doing to due his incredibly strong connection to the Force. Anakin and Padme remain unaware of the dyad until Padme becomes pregnant.

When Padme becomes pregnant with Luke and Leia, the Force energy from the unborn children increases Padme's force powers exponentially. (It was said that when Padme was pregnant she had the highest midichlorian count ever; the two unborn children would be amount to 40,000 - 50,000 midichlorians, which would be the equivalent of 4 Palpatines). As a result of Padme being pregnant and her Force potential dramatically increasing, she and Anakin become aware of the Force dyad as they start seeing each other in their respective locations. As a result of the dyad, Anakin and Padme are able to look into each others' memories. Padme is able to access Anakin's memories of his training which, in turn, serves as her own training in the ways of the Force (as Rey did for Kylo Ren in Force Awakens). Padme uses this insight from Anakin's training to help her gain control of her increased powers to become essentially the most powerful being in the galaxy.

Because of her pregnancy, Padme becomes a target of the sith. When her life is threatened, Anakin sacrifices his life by using the dyad to transfer his life force and Force energy to Padme to increase her power in order to make up for her lack of training in order to help her survive her ordeal (Padme's force potential would be equivalent to 6 Palpatines in this instance). I was inspired for this by the fan theory that Padme died because Sidious was transferring her life force from her to Anakin in order to keep him alive. Although initially believing Anakin to be dead, Padme learns that Anakin's spirit is still tied to the physical world because of the dyad that keeps him tethered to Padme. Anakin does not become a Force ghost, but his essence is able to appear before and speak to Padme and Padme alone because his living force is inside her. Padme goes into hiding while Anakin's spirit teaches her the full ways of the Force so that she can become a Jedi and fulfill the prophecy he could not. After giving birth to Luke and Leia, Padme loses her "Godlike" powers put still retains Anakin's force potential so that she is capable of becoming as powerful as he could've been. Padme then goes on to raising her children and passing on her husbands teachings to them.

How does this sound to you guys? You don't think it sounds too ridiculous (particularly the last part)?

25. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    It sounds like a story I want to read.