main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanficcers Anonymous – A Thread to Introduce Yourself to Your Fellow Users

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Chyntuck, Nov 22, 2015.

1. Darth_Furio

Darth_Furio Chosen One star 8

Apr 17, 2008
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is _Furio__ and I’m a fanficcer.
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? No
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? Two weeks ago
    4. Which country are you from? Canada
    5. What languages do you speak? English, Italian, and some Spanish
    6. What do you do in RL? Satellite Tech
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? All three

Bits and Pieces about You
    8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book? Too many, but book might be Greg Iles' Penn Cage novels, movie The Dark Knight, Sleepers, Martin Scorsese films. The God Father, Heat, Man on Fire, Casablanca
    9. What sort of music do you like? House, Jazz, Rock, lots of things
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic? Some gaming, reading of course
    11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure? Steak and Spaghetti, Red Wine, Cigars and Sweets
    12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer? More TV These days
    13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else? Travelling, Been to Japan, Italy, Carribean, Jamiaca, New York, Chicago, Cape Cod, Bahamas, Cuba. I liked to go museums when I was younger and had more time and disposable income.
    14. Do you have a favourite quote? "Speak when you are angry and you'll make the best speech you'll ever regret" - Ambrose Bierce. Sadly, I don't follow his advice. :(
    15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself! I have a three year-old daughter that is my life.

Star Wars Preferences
    16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person? Both
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? Legends
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? ESB / Darth Bane: PoD/ The New Vader ones from Marvel / KOTOR I
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character/‘ship? Movie: Obi-Wan and Leia, Books: Jacen

Fanfic Reading and Writing Preferences
    20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else? I try to incorporate everything, except humor. I'm not that funny.
    21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else? Long Stories
    22. Before, Saga or Beyond? Beyond
    23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? Legends, AU
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention? I wanted so much more from Darth Caedus. He should have been Luke's match.
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? I wouldn't write humor, I'd read anything
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? Not really

JCF Questions
    27. What brought you to the JCF? To the Fanfic boards? My love for SW
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads? Anything that lets me get to know the people better. Like this one.
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones? SW Community, JC Community, Fan Art, Music, and the TFA Boards.

2. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is Jen and I’m a fanficcer.
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? Nope.
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? March 21
    4. Which country are you from? England
    5. What languages do you speak? English, some Spanish and French
    6. What do you do in RL? Currently I am a stay-at-home mom.
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? Writer and reader

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book? Gone With The Wind and Cleopatra (can't pick just one film); book would be Paradise Lose by John Milton
    9. What sort of music do you like? Pretty much all kinds, with the exception or rap/hip-hop, jazz and opera
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic? Reading, playing with my kids, shopping
    11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure? Shepherds Pie, Apple Martini and double chocolate fudge brownies
    12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer? I don't watch much television. I have to be really excited about a movie to venture to the theatre, otherwise I wait for it to come out on DVD
    13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else? I have an appreciation of art, but I'm certainly not an aficionado. I love to travel.
    14. Do you have a favourite quote? “Fear not the path of truth for the lack of people walking on it” by Robert Francis Kennedy
    15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself! I collect, since I was a kid, Monopoly board games. I probably have 25-30 different themes.

Star Wars Preferences
    16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person? Expanded Universe
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? Legends, for now. We'll see if that changes.
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? Movie-Return of the Jedi, Book-The Thrawn Trilogy.
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character/‘ship? Obi-Wan is probably as close to a "favorite" character as I have. Favorite 'ship would have to be Luke/Mara

20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else? Romance and drama, for certain
    21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else? I'm a fan of the long, epic stories
    22. Before, Saga or Beyond? Saga mostly, some beyond
    23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? No crossovers.
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention? Canon and Legends
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? Slash-not my cup of tea
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? I both read and write (not often) Harry Potter and my fave soap, General Hospital

JCF Questions
    27. What brought you to the JCF? To the Fanfic boards? Curiosity, mostly. A long time ago
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads? I wouldn't say I visit often, but I pop in enough. I'm currently loving the plot bunny thread.
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones? Lit. I like to keep up with new releases.

Other
    30. Anything else we should know about you? I love history, particularly the time period of the American Civil War and Vietnam.

3. Tohl_Andares

Tohl_Andares Jedi Knight star 1

May 26, 2011
    1. Hello, my (user) name is Tohl Andares.
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? Nope, I only have one account.
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? On July the 13th, but not when it falls on a Friday.
    4. Which country are you from? The United States, living in Canada.
    5. What languages do you speak? Dutch, English, maybe Anglo-Saxon if I concentrate hard enough.
    6. What do you do in RL? I am a student at the University, but I also work at one of the largest webstores in my country. It is horrendous.
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? I am a combination of all three, I suppose.

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book? Game of Thrones, Malazan: Book of the Fallen, The Expanse series. Most of the Marvel films.
    9. What sort of music do you like? My taste usually falls within the different genres of rock and metal.
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic? Writing in general, Linguistics of the English language, Literature Ancient History, and Video Games.
    11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure? My favourite food is a vegetable called Endive mixed with mashed potatoes and a healthy amount of bacon.
    12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer? Unfortunately, I am. It helps fuel my desire to create my own things. Going to the cinema helps me escape the drudgery of life. A small window to unwind and relax, before I focus on the more important stuff again.
    13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else? Not a big fan of art in galleries, but I do like perusing Digital art. Museums of History are great. Not sure if I enjoy travelling.
    14. Do you have a favourite quote? Nope :(.
    15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself! This question is too difficult to answer. Don't think there is a fun fact. . .

Star Wars Preferences
    16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person? The films have an edge, but I've always enjoyed the Expanded Universe. I started reading it from the NJO onwards and the Yuuzhan Vong actually left a positive impression on me.
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? Both via selective election.
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? Empire Strikes Back, Star by Star, Star Wars Legacy, and Knights of the Old Republic II
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character/‘ship? My favourite character is Luke Skywalker, but I am also very intrigued by Kylo Ren. My favourite ship is sort of a tie between the X-Wing and the N1 Naboo starfighter. Capital ship it would be Home One or the EU Mandator SSD.

20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else? All of them. I am convinced the most entertaining stories exist as a meld of romance, adventure, drama and humour.
    21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else? I prefer to read Long and Short stories. Writing-wise, I guess longer stories. Short stories require a certain skill that I do not yet possess.
    22. Before, Saga or Beyond? I like to read stories during any period, especially with a lot of original characters by the fanficcers, and as a writer I will probably focus on Beyond, or something set during the new trilogy.
    23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? Any of the above.
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention? Original characters, but I don't mind reading about Canon characters either. If someone manages a good Skywalker story, or any of the others,I would happily read them. My preference is to see original characters, though.
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? Not sure yet, haven't read enough to find out what I dislike. I'd probably not write something completely non-canon, such as crossovers. I suppose I also wouldn't enjoy reading crossovers.
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? Yes, I am working on original fiction, but I wanted to go back into writing Star Wars fanfiction in order to keep myself writing on a steady basis and because I enjoyed it immensely when I was younger. I see it as a writing exercise, to keep my creative juices going, without losing faith in my abilities.

JCF Questions
    27. What brought you to the JCF? To the Fanfic boards? What brought me to these boards was a desire to write another Star Wars fanfiction and interact with other fanficcers. I am also planning on being a beta reader so I can help someone else hone their craft/story/characters, because of aspirations of becoming an editor.
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads? From now on, I will, yes :). No favourite threads yet.
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones? Mostly I go to the Literature section.

Other
    30. Anything else we should know about you?
    Perhaps I am a bit shy, and odd. Don't have a lot of things to say, and I am probably too timid to critique your work, unless you ask me to. (Hence why I want to become a beta reader).

P.S. I plagiarised someone's formatting, but I forgot the username. Please accept my apologies once you see this.

4. Lady_Misty

Lady_Misty Jedi Grand Master star 4

Mar 21, 2007
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is Lady_Misty and I’m a fanficcer.
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? No I do not.
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? June 2nd
    4. Which country are you from? The United States of America
    5. What languages do you speak? I speak English and a couple of words in Spanish and German but not enough for a conversation.
    6. What do you do in RL? I wish to not answer this question.
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? I write, read and sometimes lurk.

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book? I like the Landover Series by Terry Brooks.
    9. What sort of music do you like? I like a mixture of genres as my iTunes account will attest to.
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic? I do some writing/brainstorming for possible profics and I like to read published books and do cooking at times.
    11. What’s your favourite food? Corn Chowder Your favourite drink? My favorite soda is Root Beer but Moxie is slowly growing on me and my favorite juice is Cran-Grape. Your favourite guilty pleasure? Oh I don't know for sure, perhaps tacking stuff to my bedroom walls.
    12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Not really. Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer? I don't think so but I might be.
    13. Do you like art? I think so. Museums? I have enjoyed the few museums I have been to. Travelling? As long as I don't get too hot if I'm traveling by car and if I do I can roll down a window. Anything else? The view from mountains are quite beautiful.
    14. Do you have a favourite quote? Too many.
    15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself! At one point i could recite most of the Opening Crawls by heart but I can't now.

Star Wars Preferences
    16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person? I used to be both but now I prefer the movies.
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? I liked the Legends but between the LotF, what I heard about FotJ and a few other things I became disillusioned and the New Canon doesn't impress me right now.
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? I refuse to choose a favorite Star Wars movie! My favorite book is Star Wars: Tarkin, I don't read the comics so I don't have an opinion and I enjoy playing SWTOR.
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character/‘ship? I like Anakin and I don't know if I have a favorite ship right now.

20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else? I'll read just about anything.
    21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else? I don't care for poems or song fics but sometimes I'm surprised and I will read the other ones.
    22. Before, Saga or Beyond? I prefer the Saga and Beyond but sometimes i stumble on a Before fic that I like.
    23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? I enjoy Cana, Legends, AU and depending on the crossover that too; I am very picky about crossovers.
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? I like Canon and Legends characters and don't mind OCs if they are done right. Any particular favourites you’d like to mention? The Skywalker Family, Mara Jade, Han Solo and others.
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? I would never write anything with incest and was horrified when someone requested that I write one and I try to stay away from incest and MA stuff.
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? I have written several Star Trek fics that are posted on FFNET, wrote a Numb3rs oneshot and an ongoing Animorphs fic.

JCF Questions
    27. What brought you to the JCF? I remember I stumbled on the JCF on accident when I was searching something related for Star Wars but not the exact details. To the Fanfic boards? I don't remember but I believe it was after I found the boards and have fallen for fan fiction ever since.
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? I do now. If yes, what are your favourite threads? I don't know.
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? Yes, sometimes. If so, which ones? Most of the time it's a random thread now but I used to venture over to the Sage area.

Other
    30. Anything else we should know about you? Nothing I wish to share at the moment.

Chyntuck, Findswoman and Ewok Poet like this.
  5. Darthmagus970

Darthmagus970 Jedi Knight

Dec 20, 2015
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is Darthmalgus970 and I’m a fanficcer.
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF?No
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday?January 31st
    4. Which country are you from?The United States of America
    5. What languages do you speak?English, and very little German
    6. What do you do in RL?Student
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof?I like to write and read, not too sure of what a lurker is.

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book?The Lightning Thief books. The Circle trilogy. Jurassic Park movies. Marvel Movies.
    9. What sort of music do you like?I like at least one song from every genre so nothing specific
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic?video games, a few sports.
    11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure?I love Mt. Dew, but can't drink it.
    12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer?I like to watch youtube, if I could afford to be a theatre goer then I would.
    13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else?I like art. I've never really traveled, would love to though.
    14. Do you have a favourite quote?"It is foolish and wrong to mourn the men who died. Rather we should thank God that such men lived." General George S. Patton
    15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself!noting really that I can think of.

Star Wars Preferences
    16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person?Movie
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person?New Canon
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game?Battlefront II, Dark Disciple/Heir to the Jedi, Darth Vader comics/Kanan comics, A New Hope
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character/‘ship?Now it is probably Kylo Ren.

20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else?I like all of them when blended well together, I don't know if I can blend them well together.
    21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else?Long stories/short stories
    22. Before, Saga or Beyond?all of them
    23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover?canon
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention?canon characters and original characters within the new canon. I would love some legends characters to be canon, mostly the old sith lords from the old republic.
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write?I don't have a specific type, just whatever I feel like reading or what I feel like typing.
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction?No

JCF Questions
    27. What brought you to the JCF? To the Fanfic boards?I was looking for a place to get feedback from people that love the same things that I do.
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads?I just started, so I don't have a favorite yet, I'm still browsing
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones?Just a few, just to see what there is.

Other

Admiral Volshe and Chyntuck like this.
  6. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is Thumper09 and I’m a fanficcer.
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? Nope.
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? On my birthday. :p
    4. Which country are you from? USA
    5. What languages do you speak? English. I know a bit of French and am trying to teach myself Russian.
    6. What do you do in RL? I work in logistics for a space program.
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? Mostly a lurker here. I'm an offline writer whenever I can wrangle my muse into submission.

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book? Movie: hard to say. I really like The Last Starfighter, the How to Train Your Dragon series and Field of Dreams, and the Marvel movies are fun too (GotG, Avengers, Cap2). Book: The Magic and the Healing. Also the FoxTrot and Calvin & Hobbes comic strip collections.
    9. What sort of music do you like? Pretty much anything, but I listen the most to (more modern) country, pop, rock, and '80s music.
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic? Sketching, horseback riding, and acting as heated furniture for my cats.
    11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure? Spaghetti, Pepsi Throwback, anything with apples in it, and chocolate frozen custard from Culver's.
    12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer? I watch a fair amount of TV - I have about six current series I'm watching now. My favorite shows airing this season are "The Librarians" and "Supernatural." I like going to the movies when there's something interesting showing.
    13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else? Yes, especially travelling.
    14. Do you have a favourite quote? I have a lot, but the favorite will depend on the situation.
    15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself! I love all things starfighter, so it irks me to no end that I'm incredibly incompetent at dogfights in every single SW video game I've ever tried. PC, console, old game, new game, it doesn't matter - I still can't do it, LOL.

Star Wars Preferences
    16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person? Both.
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? Mostly Legends, though I'm testing out the New Canon.
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? Movie: ANH. Book: Starfighters of Adumar. Comic: Tag & Bink. Game: Probably the first SW Battlefront, unless we're counting RPGs in this category in which case I'd say WEG hands-down. The FFG X-wing Miniatures game is fun too.
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character/‘ship? Wedge, with Myn Donos solidly in second place. I don't really have a preferred 'shipping, except maybe Wedge/Iella.

20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else? Reading: anything. Writing: anything but romance since it comes out awkward and stilted when I try it.
    21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else? Anything.
    22. Before, Saga or Beyond? Reading: I tend to stick to Saga but will read anything. Writing: Saga.
    23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? Reading: anything. Writing: I guess it would fall into Legends now.
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention? Reading: Anything. Writing: only OCs.
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? Something that's brutally graphic.
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? My very first fanfic was a Due South story, but since then I've only written SW. I've read some Due South, HP and Firefly fics.

JCF Questions
    27. What brought you to the JCF? To the Fanfic boards? I came to the JCF through a friend who introduced me to the local FanForce group and their forum here. After that I soon found the Fanfic section since I was already writing fics and wanting to learn more about it.
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads? Pretty often, though I still mostly lurk. Trying to get out of that habit is hard.
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones? I lurk in Lit, Fan Art, and other random forums depending on what I'm interested in that day.

Other
    30. Anything else we should know about you? Not really. :p

7. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is _brodiew__________ and I’m a fanficcer.
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? Not me.
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? September 24.
    4. Which country are you from? Washington State, USA
    5. What languages do you speak? English, minute amount of French (high school and college)
    6. What do you do in RL? Timeshare owner resolution
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? More of a reader these days, but hope to write again soon. I have written in the past.

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book? The Killer Angels by Michael Shaara
    9. What sort of music do you like? 50s/60s Rock n Roll, vocal jazz, Christian pop, and Sonia Dada(hard to nail down their genre).
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic? reading, my kids.
    11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure? Artichokes, cafe mocha, egg nog
    12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer? I have cut my TV viewing of late a handful of shows. I only make to the theater for event films.
    13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else? Yes, Yes, and yes, but rarely do any of them.
    14. Do you have a favourite quote? Speak life.
    15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself! I have a dream to walk the Camino de Santiago pilgrimage. I'm not sure if this dream is fantasy or reality.

Star Wars Preferences
    16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person? Both. I think it's hard to like one without some love of the films.
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? Legends. It is hard to dismiss 25 years of EU. Though I never played any games and didn't mess with Before the Saga novels, I went all in for the post ROTJ novel universe.
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? ESB, Quinlan Voss run on Dark Horse SW numbered series, XBOX Battlefront
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character/‘ship? Luke Skywalker always been my favorite character. As far as shipping, I have been all over the map.

20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else? Yes.
    21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else? I have been a writer of vignettes or drabbles and I prefer to the read the same, mostly.
    22. Before, Saga or Beyond? To Inf-Saga and Beyond
    23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? Yes.
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention? Kyp Durron, OC Lens Eli, Corran Horn, Ben Skywalker, and Jysella Horn. Last, but no least, Zekk.
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? see above
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? I have written in the Castle and Star Trek: 2009 fandoms the most outside of SW, but also dabbled with Doctor Who, LOST, SGU, and 4400.

JCF Questions
    27. What brought you to the JCF? To the Fanfic boards?
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads? Right now TFA spoilers and Social thread.
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones? No.

Other
    30. Anything else we should know about you? I just want to write again and it is proving very difficult to get my groove back.

8. DebonaireNerd

DebonaireNerd Jedi Grand Master star 5

Nov 9, 2012
    General
    Hello, my name is Try Whistling This with one name/handle/sock only (for now).

I am from Melbourne Australia.

English is my only language.

In real life I am a student, and part time employee.

Favourite non-SW movie would have to be Heat, directed by Michael Mann.

Music: rock - Beatles, Stones, Oasis...

Hobbies: gaming, cooking, fitness, day trips, movies

Food: Italian, French, Japanese, Mexican, American (that's my guilty pleasure answer too)

Netflix addict

Love art and museums

Favourite quote: "brevity is the soul of wit"

Fun fact: I have beyond 20/20 vision when wearing glasses

Star Wars Preferences

Star Wars movie person. Nothing against the EU at all, just haven't made time for it beyond the video games.

Favourite Star Wars game...Dark Forces II: Jedi Knight. Typical answer, I know.

Writing genres: any

Stories: long preferably or RP based stories. Looking for a collaborator either way

Era: OT, ST and before OT but after PT.

Fan fics I do not want to write: comedy. I'm not that funny and I couldn't make it work in a Star Wars context if I tried.

Other
    Yep, looking for a collaborator to write with. I prefer collaborative writing because it enables me to break down the characters into a case study.

9. pregnantpadme

pregnantpadme Jedi Grand Master star 4

Oct 25, 2004
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is ___________ and I’m a fanficcer.
    pregnantpadme
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF?
    I've also been referred to as Preggers, PP, Elle, and occasionally 'The Prophetess of Doom"
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday?
    Anytime you'd like! But officially - August 20th.
    4. Which country are you from?
    USA
    5. What languages do you speak?
    Sadly... only English
    6. What do you do in RL?
    Sales in the Security Industry
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof?
    I've been all of the above at various times, but am feeling the urge to write again and trying to find the muse.

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book?
    Right now - Pitch Perfect... but it changes. Books - if I had to give one fave - I'd say East of Eden.
    9. What sort of music do you like?
    Classic Rock, Indie, Punk, - almost anything that I may be seeing at Coachella.
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic?
    Are there any other things to do in my limited free time??? [face_blush] I do watch men's tennis and track the standings. Because I am the ultimate dork.
    11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure?
    Food - things I cook, Indian, and red meat. Drink - Wine when it's chilly, vodka when it's warm out. Guilty pleasure - Hanging out in my jammies all day while reading/listening to men's tennis, then realizing it's cocktail hour and making myself a drink, and continuing to read and watch/listen to tennis.
    12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer?
    I'm a news junkie and have that on most of the day when I'm home, but as far as actual TV shows - I usually binge watch after the series has ended. I have a 12 year old son who loves all things Marvel, so we see every A/A movie that comes out.
    13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else?
    All of the above. I travel a lot for work and try to find something interesting int he cities I go to if I can get away from clients for a bit.
    14. Do you have a favourite quote?
    Too many to count...
    15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself!
    I've become a food porn addict and love to look up recipes and try them out. Especially Crock Pot recipes, though I'm always on the hunt for ones that don't contain a lot of sodium. Suggestions welcome!

Star Wars Preferences
    16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person?
    Both. I found TF.N because I saw AotC and found A/P relationship unsatisfying as written. On the boards I rediscovered Mara Jade and started picking up EU books to read her... which lead to Jaina... and then finally Tahiri. SInce Han and Leia's romance in ESB sort of shaped my ideal of romance when I was a kid, you could say that they are my original OTP - though I don't typically read them on the boards.
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person?
    Legends, but I'm holding out hope that I'll not be as disappointed with the ST as I was with the PT
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game?
    Movie - ESB, Book - See above, Comic - The Mara Jade Trade PB, Game - watching my son play PS4 Battlefront is really fun. I"m trying to play but I may just be too old to learn to work that damn controller. It's frustrating when you spend 20 minutes as Darth Vader and all you manage to do is run him into walls. Not very badass.
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character/‘ship?
    Tahiri. Unquestionably Tahiri. And then Tahiri and anyone if it's written well. A/T and A/J will always get a look from me, but I've read some really good T and Jag. After that, it's less about the couple and more about the writing, so I'll skip a ton of H&L, L&M or A&P if the writing is bad, and I'll stay up all night to read any of the above if it's written well.

20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else?
    Romance and drama, and humor, though ideally all in one story.
    21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else?
    I prefer long stories that I can really get invested in, though I'll read shorter ones too. Not a huge fan of drabbles or song fics or poems, they don't tend to offer enough of an escape for me.
    22. Before, Saga or Beyond?
    Saga and Beyond
    23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover?
    Canon, Legends and AU, though for some reason I have rarely been able to get into OC's unless they are thrown in with the usual suspects. OC only stories just never seem to grab me.
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention?
    See above
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write?
    Probably Before. What I love and find so valuable about fan fic is that it gives us a way to spend more time with and explore our favorite characters. Since I have never been drawn to the Before time period, I don't know those characters and therefore am not drawn to exploring them.
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction?
    Harry Potter - though mostly AU/ Dramione. Southern Vampire Mysteries, usually AU there too. I stumbled on X-Files fan fic a hundred years ago, back in the aol dial up days... With the new mini series about to come out... I may venture back there too.

JCF Questions
    A series of coincidences - I stumbled across my old emails (that i thought were lost forever) with my beta from a story I posted that was lost during the board conversion. I had also lost all of my docs from that story and thought it was simply gone. Turns out all of our edits were still attached to those emails. I then emailed him. This happened right before TFA was released. I saw the movie and then was curious about what was happening on the boards. Also, I've always regretted not finishing my longest story and would really like to try to do so.
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads?
    Just starting again - don't have any favs yet.
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones?
    No

10. bango31

bango31 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 14, 2016
    Hey guys, I'm new to the boards in general but came here primarily to get some reads on something I wrote a couple years ago, so with that said...
    General
    Hi, I'm Bango and I’m a fanficcer. Born in the US in August. Unfortunately I only speak English, but I have aspirations of learning Spanish and Polish. I'm a cop in RL (yep), and I guess I'm a combination of writer and reader, since I'm no longer really lurking.

My favorite non-SW movie is Saving Private Ryan, and I'd have to say favorite book is Band of Brothers, though I absolutely loved A Separate Peace when I read it in school. I'm a huge fan of rock music (90's Alternative, Classic Rock, etc), listen to some rap, enjoy classical at times, and will try to keep an open mind to anything but country music.

In my free time I like to read, weight lift, and watch as many movies as my Netflix account allows. I've recently developed an affinity for scotch so I'm working on developing that palate. I only watch specific shows, otherwise I just recycle stuff on Netflix/Hulu or watch movies I've not seen before.

Star Wars Preferences
    I'm a mix of SW Movies and Expanded Universe. I really don't care for the PT, and while there were some serious duds of books in the EU, overall I loved the direction the story took and was sad to see it go (especially THRAWN!). When it comes to writing fanfic, I'm definitely a Legends person. I'm not even close to being caught up on things now. I'm trying to make my way through the first Aftermath book and I'm struggling. I don't like it (I blame the writing, not the plot).

My favorite SW movie is The Empire Strikes Back. Yeah, cliche, I know, but oh well. I love it. It's been my favorite since I was like 6, and as I got older my reasons for liking it evolved. My favorite book is probably Heir To The Empire. I think I've read that trilogy five or six times, and while I think Dark Force Rising is also damn good, Heir just takes the cake. My favorite characters (in no particular order) are: Yoda, Thrawn, (old) Obi-Wan, Boba Fett (EU!), and Han. Depending on how much we see of him, I think Poe Dameron is going to make the list, and Rey is probably going to as well.

I prefer a mix of adventure, drama, and humor in FanFic, just like my movies and other books. I'll take them in long or short story form, doesn't matter. I like reading all time periods, and I find Alternate Universe stuff fascinating so long as the person has a unique take on things and the story grips me. I've read some really cool AU stuff that totally drew me in. This is also the only kind of fanfic I write, and seeing as I've written all of like two things, I don't know that I can even really call myself a fanficcer per se.

JCF Questions
    As I mentioned up top, I came to the JCF in the hopes of getting some more feedback on the story I put together some time ago, as well as get some help/feedback on a follow-up to that original story I'm currently writing.

Other
    If I make a mistake or post something in the wrong place, use the wrong format, etc, just let me know. Don't want to make waves.

11. Chyntuck

Chyntuck Force Ghost star 5

Jul 11, 2014
    Hi bango31 and welcome to the boards! Nice to see a fellow Thrawn fan :)

For the rules specific to the fanfic boards, have a look at the pinned threads at the top of the resource forum. It may be a bit intimidating at first, but it's really not all that complicated -- plus, there's a short version for new users! You can also have a look at the opening post of each thread you want to participate in, to check if the thread has any "house rules".

Meanwhile, join us in the social thread to meet more fanficcers [:D]

Edit: for constructive criticism about your stories, you may also want to sign up in this thread when you start posting them.

Briannakin likes this.
  12. bango31

bango31 Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 14, 2016
    Chyntuck Right on, thanks for the links. I sent a message to a couple of the people listed as Beta Readers, so I'm inclined to hold off on a full posting until that process is finished. Thanks again though, and I look forward to diving deeper into the stuff you guys have to offer here. I was checking out the different resources provided in one of the intro/sticky threads...very cool stuff.

Chyntuck likes this.
  13. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is Anedon and I’m a fanficcer.
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? None so far.
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? 13. December
    4. Which country are you from? Germany
    5. What languages do you speak? German, English, some knowledge of Latin
    6. What do you do in RL? I´m a college student.
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? I would say a writer.

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie?The Men who Stare at Goats
    8b. What’s your favourite non-SW book? The City of Dreaming Books
    9. What sort of music do you like? Elvis Presley, Frank Sinatra, Dean Martin
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic? reading, discussing, playing board games
    12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer? I like to watch TV series on dvd and don´t go often to the cinema.
    13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else? I visit historical musemus now and than.
    14. Do you have a favourite quote? "The Future will be better tomorrow." (I know how silly it sounds but it always gives me hope when I´m depressed)
    15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself! I once found a historical mistake in one of my professors books and told him about it.

Star Wars Preferences
    16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person? Eu all the way!
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? Defenetly Ledgends
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? Movie-RotS/Book- either Traitor or YYK Heirs to the Force/Game- KOTOR 2
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character/‘ship? Jacen Solo. Jacen/Tenel Ka

20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else? A bit of everything I would say although I often write drama/adventure.
    21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else? Mostly Long Stories
    22. Before, Saga or Beyond? All of them, though I like beyond most.
    23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? Legends/AU
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? I usually use both and try to integrate my OCs as good as possible into the GFFA.
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? Something that bashes/villanizes my favourite characters.
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? I have written a fanfic in the Hunger Games fandom and I´m writing original fiction a bit at the side.

JCF Questions
    27. What brought you to the JCF? I was searching for a place to discuss the old EU.
    27b. To the Fanfic boards? I started to translate an older fanfic of mine into english.
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? Now and than.
    28b. If yes, what are your favourite threads? The Fanon rescoure threads.
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones? I´m also in the EUC boards.

14. divapilot

divapilot Force Ghost star 4

Nov 30, 2005
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is divapilot and I’m a fanficcer.
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? Nopety nope.
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? September 10
    4. Which country are you from? The USA
    5. What languages do you speak? English and very bad French.
    6. What do you do in RL? I'm a high school English teacher.
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? Kinda both.

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book? Oh man, it depends on my mood. I love the writing in The Great Gatsby. I devour anything Shakespeare. Favorite movie would have to be Dr. Zhivago. Ask me tomorrow for different answers.
    9. What sort of music do you like? Very eclectic. I like indy music, classical, and popular music best.
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic? Grading papers. Reading. Travelling.
    11. What’s your favourite food? Seafood. Your favourite drink? Sparkling water. Your favourite guilty pleasure? Reality TV.
    12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? not really. I watch Netflix and HBO and PBS mostly. Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer? Yes, love the movies.
    13. Do you like art? Absolutely! Museums? Very much so. Travelling?Let me get my suitcase. Anything else? I like animals.
    14. Do you have a favourite quote? Yes: "Life is what happens when you're making other plans." John Lennon
    15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself! Wish I had one.

Star Wars Preferences
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? Both.
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? It's gotta be ANH. It started it all; I fell in love with SW the moment the star destroyer slid across the screen and kept going and going and going...That's the movie that got me hooked.
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character/‘ship? Princess Leia. :(@};- She taught teenaged me that a woman can kick butt and doesn't need to wait for the man to make the decisions. Favorite ship would always be Luke/Mara.

20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else? A little of all of those but mostly I write Romance. I will read mostly anything if it is good.
    21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else? I prefer stories over poems and songfics.
    22. Before, Saga or Beyond? I usually live in Saga and Beyond. I don't really know much about Before.
    23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? I'll try reading just about anything. I tried writing a crossover but it wouldn't work for me, but others have done a great job. I've written canon, Legends, and AUs.
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention? I have read/written both.
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? I don't really care for "hard science" works or fictions that are primarily battle oriented, so I probably wouldn't write that. My fics tend to be centered on personalities. I wouldn't read a work that was poorly edited or looked like it hadn't really been thought out (lots of typos, obvious errors) just because it implies that the writer didn't put much effort into it. In terms of reading, I usually avoid fics that try too hard to be silly or outrageous by making things OOC (e.g., fics where Vader plays matchmaker, fics where Luke is cruel to others).
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? yes - I've read quite a bit over in the NSWFF section. I've only written one or two. I've written original fiction.

JCF Questions
    27. What brought you to the JCF? To the Fanfic boards? It's been so long now I can't remember. Probably the introduction of the prequels at the movies.
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads? Daily - I like the social thread, the OC thread, the writer's advice thread, the fanon thread. I'll lurk on almost all of them.
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones? Occasionally I will head over to Community but I am a strict lurker there.

Other
    30. Anything else we should know about you? I can't think of anything.

15. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is ___________ and I’m a fanficcer. I'm Cowgirl Jedi 1701. But Cowgirl will work fine too.
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? One. But aside from a post or two in the socks welcome thread, I haven't used it.
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? I don't celebrate my birthday.
    5. What languages do you speak? Mostly English, but I know some Spanish too, and a few words/phrases in a couple other languages.
    6. What do you do in RL? Not much.
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? A combination of all three, if my understanding of "lurker" in this context is correct.

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book? Movie: The Sound Of Music. Book: Can't think of one book in particular. I like Zane Grey.
    9. What sort of music do you like? Most music, except for rap, which I can't stand, though I really like country/western and the Golden Oldies.
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic? Probably too many, but among them are knitting and quilting.
    11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure? Food: Forced to choose, I'll say ice cream. Drink: Coffee. Guilty Pleasure: Fantasizing about intimate encounters with Loki (as portrayed by Tom Hiddleston).
    12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer? Yeah, I watch TV a lot. I like going to the movies but don't very much because money.
    13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else? I like art. I like museums, but haven't been to one in forever. I like travelling, but seldom do because it's too expensive. I like a lot of things.
    14. Do you have a favourite quote? "Courage is not the absence of fear, but the determination that something else is more important than fear."
    15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself! I'm probably one of the few people my age who get A-Team references.

Star Wars Preferences
    16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person? Movie person. But the Expanded Universe is cool too. I just haven't dived into it as deeply as some.
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? Yes.
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? Movie: I think Return of the Jedi. Book: Whichever one I read last. Comic/Game: Never read/played any.
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character/‘ship? I hafta choose? In no particular order, some of my favorite individual characters include: Luke, Leia, Han Solo, Chewie, Rey, Finn, R2-D2, and BB-8, among others. Also in no particular order, favorite ships include: Han/Leia, Luke/Mara, Reylo, & Poldo.

20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else? I like stories that combine several different elements.
    21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else? I'm not particularly partial to one kind of story.
    22. Before, Saga or Beyond? All three, but I prefer stories that contain/reference familiar characters/events/places.
    23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? Similar to above.
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention? Centered around known characters, with OCs included.
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? Slash and extremely dark fics, though it's kind of hard to define exactly what "extremely dark" means to me.
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? Heck yeah. All my fanfics before joining the JCF were Star Trek. I also enjoy MCU fics, specifically Avengers ones.

JCF Questions
    27. What brought you to the JCF? To the Fanfic boards? A realization of how much I actually like Star Wars. And I already liked fan fiction.
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads? Yes. And I don't know yet.
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones? Yes. Several.

Other
    30. Anything else we should know about you? I'm in Loki's Army.

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  16. Theodore Hawkwood

Theodore Hawkwood Jedi Master star 2

Jun 17, 2014
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is Theodore Hawkwood and I’m a fanficcer.
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? I do not.
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? July (I'd rather not say which day)
    4. Which country are you from? United States
    5. What languages do you speak? English predominantly with smatterings of French, some Spanish and mostly military words in German.
    6. What do you do in RL? I'm on active duty in the US military
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? A mix of the three, lately becoming more active.

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book? Tim Dorsey's Serge Storms series and Harry Turtledove's The Man With the Iron Heart are two of my favorite books.
    9. What sort of music do you like? I've got ecclectic tastes.
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic? Powerlifting, weightlifting, kettlebell lifting, swimming, surfing, reading history, literature and philosophy.
    11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure?

Star Wars Preferences
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? I'm somewhat more Legends than I am New Canon but I'm willing to let the latter stand on its own merits.
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? Return of the Jedi and Attack of the Clones for films and the Han Solo trilogy for books.
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character/‘ship? Ship: Anakin/Padme

23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? AU and Crossover are my specialties.
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention? A mix of both characters.
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? Slash fics.
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? It's a rather long list, to be honest and a rather eclectic list of fandoms.

JCF Questions
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads?
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones?

Other
    30. Anything else we should know about you?​

Chyntuck likes this.
  17. A Blind Prophet

A Blind Prophet Jedi Master star 4

Mar 25, 2016
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is ___________ and I’m a fanficcer. That would be A Blind Prophet.
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? My original account is this: Trimaj/The Great No One. I don't use it anymore, wanted a fresh start and so forth, so guess it qualifies as a sock now, not that I've posted more than twice with it since I came back.
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? August 10th
    5. What languages do you speak? English, a very, very small amount of Mandarin and Spanish
    6. What do you do in RL? Trying to find a job ATM, hopefully that changes.
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? This should answer the writer bit of the question. Also I've started to read some stuff as well, all of which I've greatly enjoyed so far. I'm sure you'll see me around, perhaps in one of your fics sometime.

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book? Well, that's... not an easy question for me to answer actually. I guess The Philadelphia Story for movie (the old 1940's movie, not the Tom Hanks one) since I've seen it well over a dozen times and am more than happy to keep watching it. For book... the Night Angel Trilogy by Brent Weeks is seriously up there, In Conquest Born by C.S. Friedman is up there as well as her Magister Trilogy, and the Mistborn Trilogy by Brandon Sanderson. I think it'd have to be between one of those, though trying to actually pick... sorry. No can do.
    9. What sort of music do you like? Varies by mood, but anything but hip hop, heavy metal, rap, or country, but there are exceptions to all of those.
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic? Chess, reading, writing, playing videogames, being a husband, listening to music, church related things... i think that about covers it.
    11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure? Not sure I have one anymore, Dr. Pepper, and nothing I can think of.
    12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer? Not really, haven't watched a TV show regularly in years. I do like movies a fair amount though, and never lived anywhere I could go see the theater very often though I've been in three plays.
    13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else? Given that my dad has a masters in fine art I grew up with art, I love museums when I have the time, and traveling is good... just very infrequent.
    14. Do you have a favorite quote? I'm so allergic to death it would kill me. (Me) Well, that was a thing. (Raocow), God does not play dice with the universe. (Einstein) Man is the only animal that can blush, or needs to. (Twain)
    15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself! Oh goodness... I'm triple jointed in my wrists and hands?

Star Wars Preferences
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? Both.
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? Shadows of the Empire, the Han Solo Trilogy and the Brian Daly books, KOTOR Comics, Dawn of the Jedi (All of it! Seriously, go read it!), Lost tribe of the Sith (all of it), Bounty Hunter wars, KOTOR II... movies are all pretty even for me though.
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character/‘ship?Han Solo and Darth Vader. Millennium Falcon... because I honestly don't have one of the other kind.

20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else? Whatever I get an idea for really, I've done pretty much all of it at one point or another. As for reading, just depends on what I'm in the mood for, but again, I've read some of everything over the years.
    21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else? Long and short, not really into poems or songfics. As for reading, if it's good I'll read it.
    22. Before, Saga or Beyond? All of the above. See the previous sentence.
    23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? All of the above. See the previous sentence.
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention? I miss Talon Karrde, and old the old Fab Four in the x-wing books. Also Piggy. Was always very fascinated by Jorj Car'das as well. As for OC's I've only got one over here by the name of Teafa Phaidraig, though I'm pretty sure that's going to change as things move forward given how much I'm involved in the RPF.
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? Slash fic is honestly about it, though I tend to avoid things that are too graphic most of the time. Goes for writing and reading.
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? Yes, I do. I'm currently working on an original world with a co-author that we're hoping to get published, and I've written the joker some. I'm tempted to branch out into other things, but right now I have too many ideas for SWs to really have the time for more what with the original stuff going on as well.

JCF Questions
    27. What brought you to the JCF? To the Fanfic boards? I'd been a SWs fan for most of my life and just stumbled across it on June of 2005, instantly joined because it seemed like a cool idea (that's my original account), for my current one, basketball funnily enough considering I don't even post in that thread anymore. As for fanfic, well that started with the RPF actually, and then I wrote a really, really bad story for an OC and I had fun, so I kept coming back for a few years. After a long break from writing in general, I just started missing it and got back involved in the RPF since I didn't feel like I could manage something like this, and found that I had more that I wanted to write and stories I wanted to tell that simply didn't fit in the scope of an RPG.
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads? Several times a day. Don't really have a favorite, just looking to see what people are saying and so forth.
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones? EUC, and the RPF. that's about it for me.

Other
    30. Anything else we should know about you? I'm 31 years old and very happily married, been a Star Wars fan since I was eight thanks to my Grandfather, and I'm looking to get better as a writer.

Ewok Poet, Chyntuck and Findswoman like this.
  18. Darth Osnil

Darth Osnil Jedi Knight star 4

Sep 29, 2016
    General
    Osnil
    Nah, just this one.
    August 29
    The good ol' US of A
    English and am being forced to learn Dora the Explorer speak
    6. What do you do in RL?
    School, work, and church
    Both a reader and a lurker, but once I get the correct idea, I'll be a writer.
    Lord of the Rings or the Safehold Series by David Weber
    Jazz, Christian Music, Disney music
    Rping, playing strategy games, losing at Mariokart
    Lasagna, Doctor Pepper, Legos
    I don't watch TV shows much, except Once Upon a Time. If there's a movie I really want to see, I go to the movies.
    I love museums like the Ark Encounter and the Creation Museum
    "Since I require a weapon, I shall take yours."
    Darth Vader-comic book I hate not being able to remember the name of
    I love McDonalds.

Star Wars Preferences
    Both-but the new SW comics are sweet!
    I'm a New Canon after seeing the SW comic series' that come out.
    SWTOR Online
    I don't care for SW ships
    Adventure, drama, humor
    Long stories-the longer wait is worth-it because it oftentimes is crafted masterfully
    I prefer the Prequels to the originals, especially if you include the Clone Wars Show
    Crossover! The only kind of fic I've fell in love with. I don't mind the occasional AU either.
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention?
    Believe me, I love Obi-wan and Mace WIndu
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? Slash fic
    Batman, Marvel Cinematic Universe, Avatar the Last Airbender, Kim Possible

JCF Questions
    I was looking for a SW online group
    I try to stay active here.
    RPF and EUC
    Other
    Not too much more.

Chyntuck likes this.
  19. Bagliun Edar

Bagliun Edar Jedi Knight star 1

May 3, 2014
    General

Bagliun Edar

No.

August 16

Spanish and English.

6. What do you do in RL?

Reader.

Lord of the Rings. Both movies and books.

Classical, opera, and metal.

I'm making a language for my Gand character. I play a character called R`Kayvyss Qoukiir on the MMO RPG SWCombine.com.

Green leafy veggies, water, chocolate. EDIT: I'm not a vegan.

Never watch TV. I watch some TV series when they're released on Blu-ray. I always go to the movie theater when there is a movie I want to watch, never go just for the sake of going.

Yes, but I don't have the budget to do it.

"Fee o ta and'Taava Ara xx'ekl'rr'yr'ruet, aag gxx'onamar o and'vrar wa v't'yr'kaytet."
    "May the Grace of Ara go with you, and his vengeance be wrought upon your enemies."

Star Wars Preferences

SW movie

Neither for now. Maybe New Canon in the near future.

The Empire Strikes Back

Darth Sidious/Emperor Palpatine

Drama and adventure

Long stories

22. Before, Saga or Beyond? Anything

Anything except crossover

Zuckuss

25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? Slash
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? No

JCF Questions

The Fanon thread

Other

Chyntuck, Ewok Poet and Findswoman like this.
  20. Kurisan

Kurisan Jedi Master star 4

Apr 26, 2016
    Alright then I'll do this though I'm not really new or an old-timer... yet.:cool:

General 1. Hello, my (user) name is...
    Kurisan and I’m a fanficcer. (There, I said it)

No

Never

UK

UKish, Japanese

6. What do you do in RL?
    Ex Secret Agent

Writer - will try to read more, promise

Gah... that's impossible to name only one.

I go round in moods but always seem to come back to 90s Indie Britpop.

Kids and dog

Beer to all three lol

No time for TV or movies for me these days - see 10.

I love travelling. Had to put that on hold for now - see 10.

I think we're in trouble... We're in trouble!

I do this thing when peeling oranges where it comes off in one piece and makes an elephant mask trunk and all.

Star Wars Preferences
    Movies

Not too familiar with New C yet. Didn't like Aftermath much. Legends still feels real to me. Maybe I'm in denial.

Movie ESB, book hmmm, game - can WotC old RPG count? Otherwise Battlefront natch'

Han - Falcon

Adventure first - all the others mixed in after.

Shorts at the moment.

Saga. Thinking about First Order/Resistance era for new project...

Canon but with OCs (EG someone else that took part in the battle of Hoth)

Original.

I prioritise reading about OCs in OT/PT eras.
    I don't really get AU with established characters

I tried writing some Star Trek.

JCF Questions
    My brother encouraged me to post something.

I come and go in irregular flurries of activity. Usually like to look in the social cantina and maybe helpdesk.

Virtually never.

Other
    I tend to get time on the boards in short bursts so prefer reading things that wrap up and conclude quickly.

21. Nehru_Amidala

Nehru_Amidala Force Ghost star 7

Oct 3, 2016
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is Nehru_Amidala and I’m a fanficcer.
    2. This is my only account.
    3. My birthday is September 9.
    4. I am from the United States.
    5. I speak English and a smattering of Spanish.
    6. I work for my public school system.
    7. I am a writer and a reader.

8. The Neverending Story is my favorite non SW book.
    9. I like classical music, movie soundtracks, New Age/Celtic and classic rock.
    10. Hiking, roller blading and reading books.
    11. Italian, vanilla milkshakes and watching anime by Hayao Miyazaki or Sailor Moon.
    12. Sometimes and yes.
    13. Yes and yes.
    14. Too many to list at the moment..
    15. I have lived in 4 different states.

Star Wars Preferences
    16. Both!
    17. Both!
    18. The Thrawn trilogy
    19. Ships: Thrawn/Minerva (my OC), Han/Leia, Luke/Mara, Finn/Rey and characters: Leia, Wedge, Rey and BB-8

20. Romances and happy ones at that!
    21. I like anything, so long as it's well written.
    22. All three. ;)
    23. All of them.
    24. Both, as I have Thrawn happily married of to my map maker OC, Minerva Hektor.
    25. Thrawn slash (ICK!) or anything with a Sue.
    26. I used to write Tintin romances (what I am best known for) and I do original fiction on occasion.

JCF Questions
    27. To post my stories here and get more feedback.
    28. Depends, and I like the OTP thread.
    29. Yes, I do. I am a member of the SWC and EUC communities.

Other
    30. I have Asperger's Syndrome.

Chyntuck likes this.
  22. Jedi_Lover

Jedi_Lover Chosen One star 5

Nov 1, 2004
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is Jedi_Lover and I’m a fanficcer.
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? I am a sock. I didn't want to write under my original screen name.
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? ~
    5. What languages do you speak? English
    6. What do you do in RL? Mom, student and other stuff.
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? Writer when I have time.

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book? Dune.
    9. What sort of music do you like? Classic Rock.
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic? Drawing and photography.
    11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure? Chinese House Special Fried Rice, Diet Coke, and Little Debbie Banana Twins.
    12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer? I like watching Hulu. I occasionally go to the movies.
    13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else? I like traveling. I think I have been to 25 countries.
    14. Do you have a favourite quote? ~
    15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself! I spent over ten years in the Army. I got out to go back to school and start a family.

Star Wars Preferences
    16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person? Mainly the EU now.
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? Legends.
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? The Thrawn Trilogy.
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character/‘ship? Luke and Mara.

20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else? Romance.
    21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else? Short or long stories.
    22. Before, Saga or Beyond? Beyond
    23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? AU.
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention? I like Luke and Mara and my OCs.
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? I don't like reading stories that have Luke with somebody else other than Mara and vise-versa.
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? No.

JCF Questions
    27. What brought you to the JCF? To the Fanfic boards? I can't remember.
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads? A couple times a week at least.
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones? No.

Other
    30. Anything else we should know about you? No.

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha likes this.
  23. Oddly_Salacious

Oddly_Salacious Jedi Grand Master star 1

Dec 5, 2005
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is Oddly_Salacious and I’m a fanficcer.
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? No, but feel free to call me Odd.
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? Whenever is convenient for you.
    4. Which country are you from? Texas… I mean, the USA.
    5. What languages do you speak? English and smatterings of others as needed.
    6. What do you do in RL? I fashion relationships between data.
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? Writer & reader.

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book? For Sci-Fi, Dune is close on the heels of The Princess of Mars. Or vice versa. They vie for my attention.
    9. What sort of music do you like? Classical, 'Chili Peppers, and techno.
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic? Trail running.
    11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure? Food: Bibimbap. Drink: Fresca. Pleasure: Hardware stores.
    12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer? Nope and nope.
    13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else? There are pieces and styles of art that I like. But some will miss the mark with me. I appreciate good museums, but not those reaching for the $$ in the pocket or those that rely excessively on recreations. Traveling is essential wherever it may go (re: trail running).
    14. Do you have a favourite quote? No degree of prosperity can be sufficient to eliminate all misfortune, and sloth is impervious to opportunity. -Dean Koontz
    15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself! I've seen the Earth from far above it and from deep within it, but have never ridden a motorcycle.

Star Wars Preferences
    16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person? Movies, except for some of the 90s video games.
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? Legends.
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? SW: ESB/ Tales from Jabba's Palace/ Dark Empire/ TIE-Fighter.
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character/ ship? Revan (OC, female), although Donald Glover's Lando Calrissian is inescapable when on screen/ TIE Avenger.

20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else? *laughs - I have more preferences to dictate what I won't finish reading than to which genre or theme I will read.
    21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else? Short-short stories; one-shots.
    22. Before, Saga or Beyond? Before.
    23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? Legends.
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention? Revan and Jaster Mereel before that Phantom Menace fiasco happened.
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? These days, stories with cantinas & ale; overtly described rouges, and the Laughing Child, as I call it. But we all start somewhere and "every artist is a cannibal; every poet is a thief" (Bono).
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? Yep.

JCF Questions
    27. What brought you to the JCF? To the Fanfic boards? The desire to improve my writing skills. The boards provide peer review.
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads? Still getting my bearings after a many-year gap.
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones? N/A

Other
    30. Anything else we should know about you? My pen name stems from a comment on something I wrote and it stuck.

Findswoman likes this.
  24. darkspine10

darkspine10 Chosen One star 8

Dec 7, 2014
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is darkspine10 and I’m a fanficcer.

@Nutella Gunray, and @Bill Cipher are both good for a laugh now and then, while @Endgame is my newest creation :p

July 15th, which is apparently the same day Captain Marvel comes out on dvd on Amazon ;)

UK

English

6. What do you do in RL?

Physics graduate, looking for a job, and have lots of downtime right now to write

Recently I started writing in earnest, near the end of January, and I read from time to time to.

Atlantis: The Lost Empire or Treasure Planet

Mostly soundtracks from films, games, and tv, though that encompasses quite an array of genres

Nature walks in the countryside once a week, like to play videogames, do Zumbo and Aqua Fit to keep fit in the week.

Fave Food: Pizza

Fave Drink: Blackcurrant Juice

I don't go out to the cinema very often (only been once so far this year, to see Endgame), but I watch plenty of tv in my spare time.

Love a good museum, last one I went to was the Ashmolean gallery in Oxford. And travelling's great too, I've made numerous visits to Switzerland and Italy, and in 1 week I'm going to France with my family.

See my sig :)

Uh, my name comes from Sonic the Hedgehog? ;)

Star Wars Preferences

Movies and tv primarily, though I've read a couple of novels and 1 comic (Son of Dathomir).

Both I guess, basically in my mind I just blend any SW media I like into on coherent hole, trying to paper over the cracks. So far that's worked out :p

Movie: TPM
    Book: Darth Plagueis
    Game: The Force Unleashed

Maul or Ahsoka are probably my fave characters, as for ships... not sure I ship any SW characters that much.

I do seem to be a big sucker for romance if I'm invested in the ship ;) Of the fics I've read, most of been highly dramatic, with sprinklings of comedy. I sometimes long for more action at times though, what I read tends towards the small scale.

Depends, sometimes I can invest in hundreds of thousands of words of a single fic, other times I only want small snippets. Not into songfics much, if Tolkien's anything to go by I'm not a big poetry fan either ;)

Saga I'd say, that's where most of the juiciest plot stuff lies.

All's good for me, though I'm always a little wary of crossovers.

If I did write an SW fic, I wouldn't mind trying something clone focused, or maybe from the bounty hunter underworld, but it's hard to pick any specifics.

I don't really know what my limits on writing are yet, haven't really done enough to know that :p

I mainly write Gravity Falls based fanfic, something about that show has gotten into my head lately. I'm hoping to one day expand to other stuff though. As for reading, I'm open to most fics.

For book series, my favourite of all time is the Timeriders series by Alex Scarrow. Second place would be The Long Earth, by Stephen Baxter and Terry Pratchett.

JCF Questions

TCW soundtracks brought me to the boards originally, around the time the OST came out and I wanted to help sort where the tracks played in the show. I've been to the fanfic boards a couple of times, my first online work is on here.

I have visited occasionally, just to drop in and see if there's any topics I might have advice on. So far I haven't had my own queries to ask, but if I do, I'll drop in again ;)

I'm very active in the PT section, TV, and occasionally new films.

Other

I'm currently 23 chapters deep into a second 'season' of a Gravity Falls fic, it's nearing the conclusion, and I'm looking forward to slowly publishing it once I'm done (first time around I had no set schedule and just published as soon as a chapter was finished).

I posted the first chapter of Season 1 here on the JCF, then the rest on AO3.

Last edited: May 18, 2019
  25. CaraJinn

CaraJinn Jedi Knight star 3

Jan 8, 2018
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is _CaraJinn (but Cara will do fine unless someone else has that nick)_ and I’m a fanficcer.
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? I guess no? But I'm not sure as I've never caught the "socks" concept - my language skills are totally failing me.
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? Please don't, I'm too old
    4. Which country are you from? Norway
    5. What languages do you speak? Norwegian and English, and if I have to I can make myself understood in German.
    6. What do you do in RL? I'm an Engineer
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? A writer and a chatter. I would have read more but I find the forum format rather stressful to read in, so I prefer reading from FF.net or Archive on our Own

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book? Hard to say, there are so many. I believe my absolute favorite was a small children's book called "Cat with nine lives" - it was written from an I perspective and both amusing and sad at the same time. From more normal readings I've read Alexandre Dumas' "The Three Musketeers" numerous times. "Watership Down" is also wonderful. Bah - I just love to read.
    9. What sort of music do you like? I'm not much into music, but if I have to: Country Music. Waylon Jennings is (was) my ultimate favourite.
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic? Right now - none. But I hope to kick myself out of the door and start jogging again. Meanwhile I try to make some hiking. I do knit and make embroideries though, does it count?
    11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure? Food: Norwegian dish called "fårikål" (lamb and cabbage - way better than it sounds). Drink: Coca Cola. Guilty pleasure: also Coca Cola. I try to drink mostly water in the weekdays.
    12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer? No, no and no
    13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else? Not particularly, no. I'm more of a "staying at home" type.
    14. Do you have a favourite quote? No, not really. They vary all the time.
    15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself! I'm a rather enthusiastic hammocker.

Star Wars Preferences
    16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person? Mostly EU, though it all began with the movies...
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? Legends. I think. I always fail when trying to find what is what.
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? Karen Miller's "Wild Space" has a good score on my list.
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character/‘ship? Obi-Wan Kenobi (who else?)

20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else? Humor and/or adventure.
    21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else? Medium... (in the range 10K to 20 K)
    22. Before, Saga or Beyond? Before
    23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? Legends, but I add more AU than I really want to.
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention? Canon/Legend
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? I could never write torture scenes or scenes with sexual contents, and I try to avoid reading them too.
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? No

JCF Questions
    27. What brought you to the JCF? To the Fanfic boards? Pure coincidence. I was searching for fanfics (yes, it's true) and found the forum.
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads? A couple of times a week, mostly in chat tread and posted stories.
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones? No

Other

Findswoman likes this.