main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanficcers Anonymous – A Thread to Introduce Yourself to Your Fellow Users

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by Chyntuck, Nov 22, 2015.

1. madman007

madman007 Jedi Grand Master star 4

Aug 22, 2007
    General
    1. Hello, my user name is Madman007 and I’m a fanficcer. (this feels like I'm at an AA meeting) [face_hypnotized]
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? No.
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? July 7
    4. Which country are you from? USA
    5. What languages do you speak? English and Bad English
    6. What do you do in RL? Customer Service
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? Writer and reader

Bits and Pieces about You
    8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book? Shoeless Joe (it was made into a movie called Field Of Dreams.)
    9. What sort of music do you like? I like everything from Amadeus to Zeppelin (excluding Country and Rap)
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic? Movies, comics, conventions, PS4
    11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure? Food: A cheeseburger in Paradise / Drink: Woodford Reserve bourbon / Guilty pleasure: cheesecake
    12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer? TV - I have my favorites; Buffy, Firefly, Orphan Black, Justified.....so yes, heavy TV watcher. And I go to movies at least once a week.
    13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else? I was an Art Major in college. OK, Graphic Design. Love museums. Don't travel as much as I'd like.
    14. Do you have a favourite quote? "If you don't know where you're going, you'll wind up somewhere else." ~ Yogi Berra
    15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself! I can do.....very good...impressions.....of Christopher WALken. Needs more cowbell! And I alsho do impreshions of Shean Connery, ash well!

Star Wars Preferences

16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person? Both!
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? Again, both. But Legends will always be the Extended Universe to me.
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? Movie - Empire (duh) / Book - The Last Command / Comic - Union / Game - Jedi Knight II: Jedi Outcast
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character/‘ship? Mara Jade / Mara Jade Skywalker and Luke Skywalker

Fanfic Reading and Writing Preferences
    20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else? A mix of all combined in one story.
    21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else? Long and short stories
    22. Before, Saga or Beyond? Saga and Beyond.
    23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? I've done stories with all of them mixed.
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention? I do mostly Canon/Legend characters but I'm not afraid to dominate a story with OCs.
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? In Star Wars, I'm not much into Before stories. I will never do "slash" fics.
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? Ohhh, yes. Dark Knight, Firefly, Coraline, Harry Potter. And I do have a large original novel that I've been tweaking since HS.

JCF Questions
    27. What brought you to the JCF? To the Fanfic boards? I discovered JCF after I wrote my first SW fanfic in 2005.
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads? I do visit Fanfic Resource but I don't comment as much as I should. I like threads like this one that lets you get to know other readers/writers.
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones? No.

Other
    30. Anything else we should know about you? I have won awards for Procrastination, but I haven't gone to accept them yet................maybe tomorrow.

Toddy and WarmNyota_SweetAyesha like this.
  2. A Chorus of Disapproval

A Chorus of Disapproval Head Admin & TV Screaming Service star 10 Staff Member Administrator

Aug 19, 2003
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is A Chorus of Disapproval and I’m a fanficcer uh...dabble.
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? Yes
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? Samhain
    4. Which country are you from? Ireland (currently reside in the US)
    5. What languages do you speak? Gaelic, English American, German, Hebrew
    6. What do you do in RL? Oh, that is complicated.
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? Reader more than the other options.

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book? Multi-way tie between all the tentpole Universal Monster films of the 30s-50s.
    9. What sort of music do you like? Literally ALL. With the favored genres being reggae, punk & hardcore. That said, I am listening to Billie Holiday on vinyl as I post this.
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic? Scream in a band, draw (used to illustrate professionally), play guitar, drum, make sweet, sweet music with my theremin, and spin reggae records on some friends' soundsystem. I've been a boxer since before puberty.
    11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure? Vegan, here, so my tastes may baffle some people.
    12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer? Film junkie.
    13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else? Art, collecting props and pop culture rubbish, travel a bit.
    14. Do you have a favourite quote? "We do not come before you with this message in order to flatter you or to win your favor with our delivery but to demand that you make a judgment as to truth, even if the judgment is against yourself" - Justin Martyr.
    15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself! I beatbox, incessantly. In public toilets, while picking out produce at the co-op, waiting in lines. I cannot stop. I do not know if it qualifies as "fun".

Star Wars Preferences

16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person? Films more than EU but a bit of the latter is lovely.
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? Legends
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? Rogue One/Plagueis/The Freedon Nadd Uprising/Jango Fett.
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character? Movie: Darth Sidious and Admiral Raddus. Although I don't ship them. They are fundamentally at odds.

20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else? Satire, if anything.
    21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else? Limericks.
    22. Before, Saga or Beyond? Saga
    23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? Legends.
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention? Original. Particularly because they tend to be based on SW RPG campaigns.
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? If it is written well enough, I can be engaged.
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? I read a metric ton of comic books.

JCF Questions
    27. What brought you to the JCF? To the Fanfic boards? Court Ordered Community Service.
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads? Yes-ish. The ones that reference Loca the Pug who cannot run.
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones? I have very little choice, as I moderate a half dozen of them.

3. Vaylin

Vaylin Jedi Youngling

May 22, 2020
    General:

1. Hello, my username is Vaylin and I’m a fanficcer... sometimes, as long as procrastination doesn't kick in.
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? No.

3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? May 27th.

4. Which country are you from? I'm from Canada. It's spring right now, and spring here means constant rain and occasional storms. It might be cold right now for some people, but I feel like a melting snowman. The snow melted a few weeks ago and I already want it back.

5. What languages do you speak? English.

6. What do you do in RL? I'm currently trying to decide what I want to do with my life. I've been drawing, painting, and dabbling with some video games whenever I have time.

7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? I enjoy reading the most, writing as well. I will probably do some lurking for the most part at first. I'm a newcomer and very anxious about joining. Don't mind me. [face_worried]

Bits and Pieces about You:

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book? It's going to take everything in me not to go overboard. But I am a massive Tolkien fan, I adore his literature and the world he has built. So far the Silmarillion and the Children of Hurin have been my favourite. The Lord of the Rings movies are amazing as well, my favourite movie adaptations by far.

9. What sort of music do you like? I will listen to anything, as long as it's not country... just a personal preference. Since this is a place for fellow fanfiction writers, ambient soundtracks have been a huge help whenever I hit writers block.

10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic? Art is what I do during most of my free time. I favor ink portraits with a ballpoint pen and Bristol paper ( the texture is to die for). I actually considered art school and to pursue a professional career but I hear it's incredibly draining.

11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure? Crepes, cheesecake, lemon tarts... anything sweet. I have a huge sweet tooth.

12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer? I'm not big on television, unless it's something fantasy related. The Witcher, Game of Thrones, Vikings, the Mandalorian, Narcos, Dark. Some of them may not be perfect adaptations of the books, but I'd watch them over again. If I'm watching a movie it's either Star Wars or Lord of the Rings. I have seen all of those movies far too many times.

13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else? I was supposed to travel to Italy last month, needless to say it never happened.

14. Do you have a favourite quote? "If more of us valued food and cheer and song above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world." -J.R.R Tolkien.

15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself! I enjoy sleeping a lot I suppose...

Star Wars Preferences:

16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person? Both are enjoyable.

17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? I prefer Legends, there's no end to it's possibilities and it's far more interesting. But I don't resent New Canon either.

18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? SWTOR/KOTOR. Any of the comics I read are either Old Republic, or bounty hunter focused. If I could afford to buy more to read I would do so, in the future maybe. I'm always open to recommendations.The Legacy of the Force series are the novels I am currently reading.

19. Who’s your favourite SW character. The thing I love about Star Wars is how many characters there are, their unique individual personalities and complex mindsets. It's all very intriguing. If I had to pick a character it would have to be Boba Fett. Especially when it comes to Legends/EU. But I am a huge bounty hunter fan... so there are some close seconds. I also adore a lot of the Old Republic characters. :boba:

20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else? Typically some form of adventure or action. Usually it's just a mix of things. Sometimes I write without anything in mind, hopefully that's not a writing sin... oops. But setting up a blank document on my laptop and writing whatever comes to mind is so relaxing. Sometimes it's a mix and doesn't even fit anywhere.

21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else? Short stories, long stories, poems. If the writing is good, anything.

22. Before, Saga or Beyond? All. Preferably Saga and Before.

23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? Legends and sometimes Canon.

24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention? All...

25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? I'll have to come back to this some day, I'm not sure.

26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? Tolkien. Surprise... [face_batting]

JCF Questions:

27. What brought you to the JCF? To the Fanfic boards? I came across a fanfic on the internet about Sintas Vel and Boba Fett. ( I am reading the Legacy of the Force series and thought they were interesting. They're a rare pair ). I have yet to find it again, but the writing was absolutely stunning. Then I discovered there's a whole base of fanfiction writers, role players, and artists on here. Lockdown has me very bored and I wanted to join !

28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads? I just joined so I'll update this sometime.

29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones? I don't, but I might take a look at some of the art stuff.

Other:

30. Anything else we should know about you? I like to eat food I suppose...

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    GregMcP, Kahara, gizkaspice and 4 others like this.
  4. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Oh, I never noticed this thread before, but it looks like a nice way to sort of introduce myself to everyone who may or may not already know me. So here goes:

General:

1. Hello, my username is devilinthedetails, and I'm a fanficcer.

2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? I don't have any socks on here. This is my only account, but I do have some nicknames on here like DitD, devil, and details.

3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? November 4th.

4. Which country are you from? The United States. Born, raised, and currently living in northern New Jersey.

5. What languages do you speak? I only speak English fluently, but I studied Spanish and Latin.

6. What do you do in RL? I'm a law librarian. I also was a graduate student for the past three years on a part time basis. I'll be graduating with my Master of Information degree next week, and I'm very excited for that.

Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? I'm a writer and a reader. There's a link to all my fan fiction in my signature for anyone who would like to check out my writings.

Bits and Pieces about You:

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book? My favorite non-Star Wars films tend to be fantasy films inspired by some of my favorite book series like the Lord of the Rings movies, the Harry Potter films, and the Narnia movies. I also have a soft spot for Disney films that make me nostalgic and remind me of my childhood. Many of my favorite books are works of epic fantasy such as those by Guy Gavriel Kay and Tad Williams. With Guy Gavriel Kay, particular favorites are Under Heaven and River of Stars both set in a fantasy version of Tang and Song Dynasty China as well as the Lions of Al-Rassan, Sailing to Sarantium, and Lord of Emperors. With Tad Williams, his Memory, Sorrow, and Thorn series are my favorite though the first two books in his followup Last King of Osten Ard series are impressive. The A Song of Ice and Fire books that inspired Game of Thrones are also favorites although I doubt that series will ever be finished...

9. What sort of music do you like? I like anything with lyrics that appeal to me. This could be Celtic music; country music; classic rock' songs from musicals like Wicked, Mama Mia, and Les Miserables; and even Disney songs that wormed their way into my heart when I was a child.

10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic?I'm a big reader as you probably guessed from my struggle to pick a favorite non Star Wars book. I also enjoy studying history, learning about different cultures around the globe, and exploring the etymology of names. I am usually reading at least one non-fiction book about another culture or about history at any given time.

11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure?My favorite savory food is chicken parmesan, my favorite sweet food is a Napoleon pastry, my favorite drink is iced tea (I love to make my own flavors with tea bags at home), and my favorite salty guilty pleasure is cheddar or sour cream and onion chips while my favorite sweet guilty pleasure is Reeses Cups. Yeah, I like food, I have a sweet tooth, and I have a love of Italian-American food growing up in the New York area.

2. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer? No, I'm not really a heavy TV watcher, although I do have some favorite shows like Games of Thrones, Masterchef, and Kitchen Nightmares. Masterchef in particular is a favorite of mine to watch when I'm cooking or eating. I like to go to the theater at least once or twice a year. The most recent play I've been to is a production of Cinderella that I got my mother tickets to as a Christmas present. I go to the movie theaters about once or twice a year. The last movie I saw on the big screen was Rise of Skywalker, although I was looking forward to seeing the live action version of Mulan before the coronavirus struck, so I hope to be able to see that on the big screen when the coronavirus crisis abates.

13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else? I do like art. I do appreciate most types of art from the classical to the Impressionistic but modern, post-modern, and abstract art tend to be less appealing to my particular aesthetics. I love museums of all types-art, history, science--and whenever I travel, I usually stop at a museum or two. As for traveling, I do love it very much although I don't get to do it as much as I would like. In particular, I would really love a chance to travel more internationally, especially to Italy, France, China, and Japan. So far, my international travels have been limited to Canada, England, Scotland, and Ireland. My favorite international cities that I've traveled to have been Montreal, Canada, and York, England. Montreal, Canada has a charming French influence, while York has a lovely Minister and medieval quarter to explore. I also love to visit botanical gardens and arboretums. When I traveled to see my brother in Portland, Oregon last summer, I got to visit the Chinese and Japanese gardens there as well as to see the Rose Festival. I got so many wonderful photos from that trip and those gardens. I also do enjoy hiking and walks in nature.

14. Do you have a favourite quote? I did my undergraduate thesis on Shakespeare, so I love Shakespeare quotes.

15. Tell us a fun fact about yourself! A fun fact about myself is I'm a big fan of hockey and gymnastics. My favorite hockey team is the New Jersey Devils, and I've been lucky enough to attend many of their games in person.

Star Wars Preferences:

16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person? Both. I was introduced to the OT as a little girl by my father, and then I fell in love with the PT as it came out. The ST I have more quibbles with, but overall I do find to be fun adventure type movies. Solo is an enjoyable film with some good backstory for Han, and Rogue One is my favorite film of the Disney era. I also have read tons of Star Wars novels both in the Legends and New Canon, and that interest in Star Wars novels dates back to my childhood love of Jude Watson's Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest series.

17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? I'm really both. I love much of the Legends canon. Apart from the Jedi Apprentice and Jedi Quest books, I loved many of the Star Wars books set in the Prequel era like Shatterpoint, Dark Rendevous, and Plagueis as well as in the Old Republic era such as the Darth Bane trilogy. Many of the Legacy of the Jedi and Fate of the Jedi books were enjoyable for me as well. At the same time, in the New Canon, I also have enjoyed Queen's Shadow by E.K. Johnston, everything by Claudia Gray who especially does a great job bringing Leia to life, and the works that Alexander Freed has written. I'm really just a lover of a good story with interesting world building and character development whether that is in the Legends or the New Canon.

18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? My favorite Star Wars movie is Revenge of the Sith because I love that it is basically Greek tragedy set in space. My favorite Star Wars book might be the first Darth Bane book for its development of a compelling antihero in Bane but it is really hard to pick a favorite one. I don't really read comics (not my preferred media) or play games, so I have no favorites in that regard.

19. Who’s your favourite SW character/‘ship? My favorite Star Wars character is Obi-Wan Kenobi for his dry wit, his courage, his patience, his resilience, and his growing wisdom throughout the saga. Other favorite characters include Qui-Gon, Yoda, and Leia. My favorite Star Wars 'ship is the classic pairing of Han/Leia for the affection hidden beneath the banter, but I also have a soft spot for the tragedy of Anakin/Padme and for romances that fly under the radar like Owen/Beru and Shmi/Cliegg. Vestara/Ben, Obi-Wan/Siri, and Qui-Gon/Tahl are also pairings that really appeal to me.

Fanfic Reading and Writing Preferences:

20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else? I enjoy writing a variety of genres including romance whether mushy or more bittersweet and doomed, drama and angst, stories that focus on friendship and family, and stories that are more general but designed to explore something philosophic or a bond between two characters. I haven't written a lot of humor in the past but I'm beginning to experiment with it and finding that enjoyable. As a reader, I enjoy a variety of genres: angst and drama, mush and fluff, romance, and humor as my mood moves me.

21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else? I definitely write a lot more short stories and one shots than longer stories although I do have a couple of longer works in progress going right now, but the inspiration is normally more there for me to write short stories and oneshots rather than longer stories. I don't tend to write poetry, but I have been known to write some songfics in the past and likely will in the future as well. With reading, I read a mix of long and short stories, and I will read songfic and poetry as well.

22. Before, Saga or Beyond? My favorite eras to write in are Before the Saga and Saga-PT, but I have branched out into writing Beyond the Saga fan fiction as well as fanfic that focuses on characters from the OT. For reading, I am open to all eras: Before the Saga, Saga, or Beyond.

23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? For my writing, I will draw on stuff from Canon, New Canon, and Legends. For reading, I am open to reading stuff based on Canon, New Canon, and Legends. I don't often write AU but I do enjoy reading it from time to time. I've never written crossovers before, and I have never really read much crossover either.

24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention? My stories mostly focus on Canon and Legends characters as far as main characters go, although I have incorporated some original characters into my stories as well. For reading, I'm willing to read about Canon and Legends characters as well as original characters. My favorite characters to write about tend to be Obi-Wan, Qui-Gon, Anakin, Padme, Leia, and Han.

25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? I am concerned about the legalities of real people fan fiction so I don't read that nor do I write it.

26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? I write Tamora Pierce fan fiction and Harry Potter fan fiction as well as Star Wars fan fiction. I also read fan fiction set in those universes.

JCF Questions:

27. What brought you to the JCF? To the Fanfic boards? I found JCF when I was looking for a Star Wars forum to visit, and this was one of the first results on Google. I lurked for a bit before deciding that it was a community I would like to join. I came over to the fan fiction boards because I love fanfic and wanted to become involved in this wonderful community of readers, writers, and reviewers.

28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads? I do. I enjoy the Scribble Pad for writing discussion and advice, Monday Mush for the mushy prompts, the OTP challenge for the romance, the You Know You're a Fanfic Writer... for the humor, and seasonal events like the Holiday Fic gift exchange. I think all these events and discussions provide writing inspiration and a rich sense of community that makes this section so friendly to readers and reviewers.

29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones? I post in the Prequel Trilogy, the Classic Trilogy, and the Sequel Trilogy discussion boards as well as the section for overall discussion of the Saga. For light socializing, I often visit the Community section and the WNU section.

Other:

30. Anything else we should know about you? I have a very mild form of Asperger's Syndrome as well as generalized anxiety disorder. My generalized anxiety disorder likely comes from having an alcoholic mother who abused my siblings and me in verbal, physical, emotional, and psychological fashions. Writing is one way of coping with my anxiety and the abuse I experienced in addition to being a creative pursuit for me. My writing is very personal for me then. It comes from my heart, my mind, and my soul as I work through a lot of things and lots of things try to get translated into words on a page.

Last edited: May 25, 2020
    Vaylin, Kahara, gizkaspice and 2 others like this.
  5. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    Just so y'all know, I updated my post in here.

6. Kit'

Kit' Manager Emeritus & Kessel Run Champion! star 5 VIP - Former Mod/RSA VIP - Game Winner

Oct 30, 1999
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is Kit' and I’m a fanficcer
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? Nope.
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? 2nd of June
    4. Which country are you from? Australia
    5. What languages do you speak? English and Australian English
    6. What do you do in RL? Teach High School kids philosophy
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? Writer and Reader

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book? Anything by Terry Pratchett
    9. What sort of music do you like? Many things - soundtracks, classical, folk - yeah weird
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic? Bake, make jam, flower embroidery, sew
    11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure? Lemon curd/butter and Banoffee
    12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer? TV and mostly murder mysteries
    13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else? Travelling when I can afford it
    14. Do you have a favourite quote? “If you trust in yourself. . .and believe in your dreams. . .and follow your star. . . you'll still get beaten by people who spent their time working hard and learning things and weren't so lazy." - Terry Pratchett. Harsh but fair.
    15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself! I have heterocromia - my eyes have two distinct circles of colour (inner blue and outer brown)

Star Wars Preferences

16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person? Movies and generally only the prequels
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? Uh...
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? Phantom Menace because it was my introduction to Star Wars
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character? Obi-Wan

20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else? Adventure/Drama
    21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else? Short stories
    22. Before, Saga or Beyond? Before
    23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? AU
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention? Original because that's the area I've played in since I started writing on these boards all those many, many years ago
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? I once deleted a fic about a cross-dressing, flying Yoda - does that count?
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? Nope.

JCF Questions
    27. What brought you to the JCF? To the Fanfic boards? I was all of 16 and had just seen the Phantom Menace and had the *best ever* story idea which I wrote on a bus trip home and then typed up and submitted it here and it got lots of 'that's a good start' even though it was terrible (and it was terrible) and that kind of kicked me off. Weird aside but I kind of credit this with me passing English in high school as the feedback and support I got here meant my writing and spelling and punctuation improved and while I was not the best writer when I started I improved and that's all that really counts.
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads? Um, no unfortunately
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones? Uh no. I have accounts but I do too much stuff to really ever move past here. Plus this was where I started and all my stuff is here and it's too hard to move...*pouts*

Last edited: May 26, 2020
  7. Nhisso

Nhisso Jedi Knight star 1

Apr 30, 2020
    General
    1. Hello, my (user) name is Nhisso and I’m a fanficcer.--- Well, sorta lol. First time I've EVER tried fan fic writing before. But, I've had a few blog posts on video game sites and written some back stories for games that let you such as Champions Online and Star Trek Online. They were well received.
    2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? No
    3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? Every day. Ok ok. March 17th
    . Which country are you from? US of A baby!
    5. What languages do you speak? Bad English
    6. What do you do in RL? Prefer to leave this blank.
    7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? Combo

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book? That's a great question. No idea. Too many to name.
    9. What sort of music do you like? the cliche'd answer of every thing
    10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic? gaming, beer league hockey
    11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure? Pizza, coffee, and the devil's lettuce that I can no longer partake because of life lol
    12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer? yes on TV (but streaming services and downloaded stuff), Hell no on movie goer. I hate going to the movies
    13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else? yes
    14. Do you have a favourite quote? im sure but none comes to mind. Maybe "he who needs a pat on the back makes every man his judge"
    15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself! Im an arab married to a korean both of us born here. Wife lived in Korea for 10 years though from like 6 to 16
    Star Wars Preferences
    16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person? No preference.
    17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person? Im for whatever makes the most sense lol
    18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game? I hate to say a prequel is my fav, but I love RotS
    19. Who’s your favourite SW character/‘ship? Hate to make a SW cliche, but Vader. Followed by Soka. Then Moff Gideon. I made a top 10 list a couple weeks ago on this site on someone's post. But i left out Moff Gideon. He has quickly become a top 5 favorite.
    20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else? Reading: adventure and humour. Writing: well, actually, same as reading. But mix in some drama.
    21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else? Not really.
    22. Before, Saga or Beyond? Before, and just after the Saga. Im really interested in that time period right after RotJ, but for writing, I really want to write about Leia.
    23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover? In a perfect world? I get discovered by Disney lol. They go "hmm... his Leia story (stories) are exactly what we should use"
    24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention? Because legends/EU and what not are all essentially fan fic now, I wont be using other peoples' stuff. Have some ideas for original chars, definitely want to cover Leia and Wedge. Would love to do Moff Gideon's story during the war and how he ascended
    25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write? Anything to do with other peoples' characters (except for canon ones) But I would read any thing.
    26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction? Yes

JCF Questions
    27. What brought you to the JCF? To the Fanfic boards? Got on a huge SW kick during the Rona lockdowns. Just wanted a place to discuss the SW universe
    28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads? Just discovered this place, so no.
    29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones? Oh im all over all the boards really

Other
    30. Anything else we should know about you? Nah.

Kahara and Mira_Jade like this.
  8. Ihsan997

Ihsan997 Jedi Knight star 1

Feb 7, 2021
    General

1. Hello, my name is Ihsan997, and I’m a fanficcer.
    2. I don’t currently have any other handles here on the forum. Currently, I don’t plan on ever creating any either.
    3. I’d prefer the day I joined the forums, February 7th, to be my ‘birthday’ here.
    4. I’m originally from the US, but I left almost fifteen years ago. I still visit my parents and other family members there, but I don’t ever plan on living in the US again.
    5. Fluently? Only English. Decently? Arabic and Bahasa. Badly? German and Spanish. I was once entirely fluent in Mandarin, but I’ve since lost the ability. Use it or lose it, folks; you can forget a language you’ve mastered, unfortunately.
    6. I’m currently a husband and father. If you mean what I do for a job, then I’m a teacher, but I define myself by my family and friends. Work is only of peripheral importance.
    7. All three! Now that I have an account, I’ll try to be better about actually commenting when I read something I like.

8. Most of what I read is nonfiction. In terms of movies,
    9. Honestly, most of what I listen to in the background while exercising is video game soundtrack music. I’m partial to 80s and 90s rock genres, but I don’t follow music actively anymore. I certainly don’t pay money for it.
    10. I read a lot of nonfiction books, mainly on economics and political geography. I’m a voracious consumer of non-corporate news as well. Since I have kids, I frequently play whichever video games they’re playing to make it a family thing, so I’m quite interested in Pokémon and Fortnite.
    11. I have to choose a favorite? What a torturous question…is there anybody who can choose only one? I enjoy too much, and I love trying new cuisines. My favorite food in the world, I suppose, would be baked sweet potatoes drizzled with cinnamon and olive oil.
    12. I used to be a heavy filmgoer, and it’s rare that I find a movie I don’t like. I can enjoy almost anything except for films which glorify military or police, or films in which the protagonists are immoral characters such as thieves. In terms of TV I’m very selective because I get sucked into vortices rather easily; I avoid binge watching as much as possible, which means that I haven’t seen many of the more popular English-language TV shows. Time is a precious resource.
    13. The few times I’ve traveled, I really enjoyed my trips, but I don’t like traveling too much; once every few years is fine. I do love museums though, of almost any sort. I can spend hours at temporary exhibits about topics which I’ve never heard of previously, stopping at every single display.
    14. I do, but I’ll withhold it for now. Quotes are better used when they’re relevant to context.
    15. I’m from a family of soldiers and cops, and I once worked in the US penal system, yet I detest all of those things intensely. I’m also a former assistant coach at an MMA gym, yet I find fighting to be a distasteful. My undergrad major was in political science, yet I’ve never voted - in part because of the realizations I came to while studying.

Star Wars Preferences

16. I like it all, but I’m most definitely a film person. That’s how I was introduced to Star Wars, and that’s what I first think of when I hear the name ‘Star Wars.’
    17. Most definitely the new canon, though again, Legends was a fun mess. Disney owns the franchise, so they decide what is or isn’t official; this isn’t a tough decision for me.
    18. I’m one of the people who liked the prequels when they came out, and that time is special to me. The Clone Wars TV show can give Episode III a run for its money in my heart, though, because so much was added to the fandom throughout those seven seasons.
    19. My favorite character is General Grievous because, in light of the actions taken by both the Confederacy and the Republic, I actually find myself sympathetic to him and his (canon) motivations. If we’re talking about ships, however, then I’m a Reylo person; however, I did find Ben Solo’s ultimate end to be appropriate. I like the way that turned out in Episode IX.

20. I’m big on humorous adventure. Not complete slapstick, but I enjoy seeing brief forays into the galaxy which don’t take themselves too seriously. I’m not a fan of epic stories when it comes to fanfiction at all; when I want epic, I go to the films, and I don’t want that in fanfiction or TV shows. That’s a strong preference I have. I’m also uninterested in romance whether in reading fanfiction or role playing with other fans.
    21. I love short stories almost without qualifiers. I enjoy long stories so long as they aren’t epic, as mentioned above; it’s entirely possible for plot to engage readers without world-changing consequences being at stake.
    22. Beyond. I like original characters, original plots, and true progress of the narrative. The prequel TV shows, comic books, and other media are fun, but I’m pining for a glimpse of the new galaxy.
    23. Canon, hands down. No disrespect to the others; this is just my preference.
    24. Original characters! More than almost any other preference, this one is a huge sticking point for me. I enjoy official media about canon characters, but if I’m going to read another writer’s original story, then I want to read about original characters too.
    25. I don’t write excessively graphic violence because I find that tension and drama can be built more effectively with what is implied rather than what is described in explicit clinical detail. Similarly, I don’t write smut because I feel that it reduces acts of passion to mere bodily functions. In general, I find both of the above elements to be rather low brow.
    26. Boy, do I! I’ve written over one million words in combined Warcraft fanfics, though that was at a point in my life when I was less mature as a writer. I also write stories and roleplay in Dungeons and Dragons, Elder Scrolls, Fallout, Pokémon, and Zelda.

JCF Questions

27. These boards are referenced in more than a few pieces of print and electronic media relating to the franchise. I’ve known about them for years, but it was my desire to write SW canon fanfiction that spurred me to create an account. This seems like a great place to share, read, and meet other people with similar interests.
    28. I don’t think I can reasonably say ‘often’ because I created my account less than a week ago. This thread right here is pretty swell, though!
    29. I’ve perused the role playing boards to an extent, though I think it’s high time I start to take the deep dive into the parts of the forums for discussing the films proper.

Other

Nothing that would be interesting. Perhaps I’ll gain some interesting tales to tell right here on the forums, though.

9. GregMcP

GregMcP Force Ghost star 5

Jul 7, 2015
    It's midnight. I can't sleep. Snowpiercer is playing on Netflix on the other screen of my computer.
    So, why not.

General
    1. Hello, my name is Greg and I’m a fanficcer.

2. Do you use other handles/socks on the JCF? Nope. I am what I am.

3. When should we wish you a happy birthday? Jan 6.

4. Which country are you from? Australia.

5. What languages do you speak? English. I tried to learn French. I was no good at it.

6. What do you do in RL? Professional computer nerd.

7. Are you a writer, a reader or a lurker? A combination thereof? All of that.

8. What’s your favourite non-SW movie/book?
    Book, War of the Worlds. I have read it more than any other.
    Movie, Alien.

9. What sort of music do you like?
    As I get older, it gets mellower. Yello. Phillip Glass. Things that rumble along.

10. What hobbies do you have besides fanfic?
    Painting... houses, pictures, figurines.

11. What’s your favourite food? Your favourite drink? Your favourite guilty pleasure?
    Curry Laksa. Diet Lemonade. Brandy, or a good greasy hamburger.

12. Are you a heavy TV watcher? Are you a frequent theatre or movie-goer?
    It's been all about the Netflix this year.

13. Do you like art? Museums? Travelling? Anything else?
    Sure. I love to see truly old things. I loved seeing an ancient Egyptian coffin with its artwork painted by someone who loved their craft.

14. Do you have a favourite quote?
    Life is like a long quiet river.

15. Tell is a fun fact about yourself!
    Fun? Do I have fun?

Star Wars Preferences
    16. Are you a SW movie person or an Expanded Universe person?
    Movies really. All of 'em.

17. Are you a SW Legends person or a SW New Canon person?
    Whatever works.

18. What’s your favourite SW movie/book/comic/game?
    Good old classic Empire. And Light of the Jedi made me pretty happy, though the Darth Bane books were fun and ridiculous.

19. Who’s your favourite SW character/‘ship?
    R2-D2. The B-Wing.

20. Romance, adventure, drama, humour or something else?
    Whatever works.

21. Long stories, short stories, poems, songfics or something else?
    Reading, I have a terrible concentration span. Short stories, or at least chopped up into short pieces.
    Writing, I have found that too much is too much to others. So things are shorter now.

22. Before, Saga or Beyond?
    Whatever works.

23. Canon, Legends, AU, crossover?
    It's not how I think of it. I've never written to suit a genre. I write what entertains me for a moment.
    And reading... I like the enthusiasm of the writer more than the genre.

24. Canon/Legends characters or original characters? Any particular favourites you’d like to mention?
    Oh I'll write original characters with movie people mixed in. I'm pretty movie oriented.
    I seem to write a lot of droids.

25. What type of fic wouldn’t you read/write?
    Writing, though sometimes I do, I tend to avoid killing people.
    Reading, sometimes I look and a story is up to Chapter 27, and well, that's hard to step into.

26. Do you read/write other fandoms or original fiction?
    In the past I wrote silly Lord of the Rings stories, and a few around the old video game Unreal. All long lost.

JCF Questions

27. What brought you to the JCF? To the Fanfic boards?
    The Force Awakens. It got my Star Wars buzz back. And I found myself writing little bits of silly fiction in other sub-forums about what I think happens next. And then one day I clicked on this place.

28. Do you visit Fanfic Resource often? If yes, what are your favourite threads?
    Uh yeah. I liked the old Character Interview Thread, which stalled on a particularly tough question.

29. Do you venture out of the Fan Fiction boards to other JC forums? If so, which ones?
    Yeah, but there's a lot of Movie Warfare at the moment. The constant declarations of what people hate. That deflates enthusiasm.

Other

30. Anything else we should know about you?
    Sometimes I am here, sometimes my enthusiasm is elsewhere. My poor concentration span.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2021