main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Fanfiction Summer Olympics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Jun 21, 2020.

1. earlybird-obi-wan

earlybird-obi-wan Chosen One star 6

Aug 21, 2006
    Sign me up for the Star Wars Pentathlon with my family of characters from Moniron

2. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Hmm. Considering joining as the muse is being particularly prolific this week and I hope it continues. I will decide the events after I've had a chance to think about it this morning.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

3. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @Seldes_Katne Happy to have you aboard! :)Captain Tarpals is a great choice, and I'm sure it'll be fun to write him and to explore the world of the Gungans through him. I'll add you to the list straightaway.

@earlybird-obi-wan Excellent! So happy to have you aboard as well:) I'll add you to the list of signups.

@TheRynJedi I'm so glad you're thinking of signing up, and there's still plenty of time to decide what events you want to sign up for, so no rush!

Mira_Jade , Kahara, Kit' and 3 others like this.
  4. Thumper09

Thumper09 Force Ghost star 4

Dec 9, 2001
    Allrighty, please sign me up for the Star Wars Decathlon with my OC wingpair Darin Stanic and Quiver Yanilr.

Thanks!

Last edited: Jul 5, 2020
  5. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    @Thumper09 Excellent! Happy to have you aboard for the challenge. I'll add you to the list straightaway:)

6. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    All right *takes deep breath* sign me up for the Star Wars Decathlon for the infinitely inspiring Ezra Bridger.:ezra:

7. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
  8. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Excellent! I'll add you to the list of signups:)

9. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    Ok, I'm going to go for it. A Decathlon, featuring Alloy (my OCs: Sennah, Danyal, et. al.). I've got plenty of ficlets floating around in my brain about them all, it will be fun to get some down without having to write out the entire saga leading up to them.

Be warned, I've got a span of about 40 years in which their stories could conceivably take place, and they're probably going to be all over. I'll BBY date them, though.

Sent from my Pixel 3a using Tapatalk

10. JadeSphera

JadeSphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018
    Hi there!
    Please, sign me up for a Star Wars Triathlon with Luke as the main character.
    Thank you! [face_love]

Can't wait to read all the wonderful stories the writers in this Olympics will gift us with! [face_dancing][face_dancing]
    :yoda:

11. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
  12. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @TheRynJedi and @Jâd Sphera excellent to have two more writers onboard for this Olympics, and I agree with @Jâd Sphera that I'm excited to see what wonderful stories all our great authors will cook up for this event:)

13. Mira_Jade

Mira_Jade The (FavoriteTM) Fanfic Mod With the Cape star 5 Staff Member Manager

Jun 29, 2004
    @devilinthedetails - You know how much I'm just thrilled to pieces to see this challenge up and going! And it's off to such an awesome start! Thanks for sharing yet another original and fun idea with us. We have some top notch talent signing up for an awesome variety of characters already, and I can't wait to see the stories that come of this. [face_love] [face_dancing]

Alrighty, I had to give this some thought, but I think I know what direction I want to go in now! Can you please sign me up for a SW decathalon featuring the Skywalker family as they are in my Song 'Verse AU? And, I would also like to write a SW pentathalon featuring Ahsoka Tano. [face_love] (Honestly, I might bump that one up to a decathalon, too, but we'll start small. [face_mischief])

I know I want to write something for the NSWFF side of things, as well, but my NSW muse has been admittedly touch and go recently, so I have to give some more thought to what fandom and characters to tackle there. So, stand by for that! :p [face_thinking]

Thanks so much for hosting this, again! [:D]

14. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

Aug 31, 2004
    MORE SONG-VERSENESS! :) [face_love] [face_love]

15. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Mira_Jade I'm so excited to be running this event, and like you said, it seems to be off to a fabulous start already. It's wonderful to have you aboard.

I signed you up for the Star Wars Decathlon with the Skywalker Family as in your Songverse, and for the Star Wars Pentathlon with Ahsoka Tano.

You can always let me know if you do decide to bump the Ahsoka Tano Pentathlon up to a Decathlon and when you know what non-Star Wars fandom and characters you want to write, and I'll update the list:D

16. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Okay, I've decided I'd like to sign up for three decathlons if that's allowed! Not because I'm ambitious, quite the opposite actually. There are a couple of fandoms I've been wanting to dabble in again and I really hope this will inspire something, so my strategy is to try and finish a few of the shorter drabble-type events, and if I can do anything else, well, sometimes I amaze even myself. [face_mischief][face_laugh]

So, on the Star Wars side I'd like to try a Leia decathlon, please.

And for NSWFF, can I please try a Stranger Things decathlon with Steve Harrington/Billy Hargrove and a House M.D. decathlon featuring Lisa Cuddy?

Thanks so much, and I'm so excited to see what everyone comes up with! :)

17. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @amidalachick Lovely to have you aboard for the Olympics:) Hopefully this event will help keep you inspired all summer long, and you're definitely welcome to sign up for three decathlons! I've added you to the list of competitors just now.

18. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I'm so excited for this challenge! I love the Olympics and am so sad we aren't getting them this year, though it's the right call.
    I've been trying to decide what I wanted to use for this and decided to go with what my muse wants to do right now and hope it doesn't bite me in the butt later on. ;)

Sign me up for Non-Star Wars Pentathlon - Fandom: The Expanse ; Character: Jim Holden

19. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Happy to have you participating, @mavjade. I've just added you to my list:)

I'm like you in that I love the Olympics, and it's one of the things that I'm very sad we'll be missing out on this year (in some of my favorite sports to follow, the Olympics is the culmination of exciting years watching athletes grow) but you're right that safety has to come first for everyone, and it was the right call to cancel the Olympics. At least we can have our own little tribute to them here!

20. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Excited for this to start tomorrow!

21. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
    Okay, so I´ll take a Pentathlon as well on the character of Wilhuff Tarkin.
    Will likely also feature my Eriadu OCs, primarilly Ethan but mainly focused on Tarkin.

22. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @Raissa Baiard Yes, I'm excited for it to begin officially in a couple of hours[face_party]

The official "opening ceremony" will probably be posted around 12:00 pm EST tonight (or tomorrow), so everyone can keep an eye out for that. If anything, it might be posted a bit earlier because I have work tomorrow and even in quarantine I need my beauty sleepI-)

@Anedon Wonderful to have you aboard, and your stories may include as many OC's and other characters as you like in addition to Tarkin, so no worries there! I'll add you to the list for the Star Wars Pentathlon:D

23. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Opening Ceremony and Parade of Athletes:

Drumroll, please.

[​IMG]

It’s time to begin the opening ceremony of our 2020 Fanfiction Summer Olympics. [face_party]The Fanfiction Summer Olympics unites fanfiction writers around the globe as they seek to triumph over the challenges posed by the triathlon, pentathlon, and decathlon in both the Star Wars and non-Star Wars categories. The Fanfiction Summer Olympics brings us all together in this era of social distancing.

[​IMG]

As a reminder, signups for the Fanfiction Summer Olympics will remain open throughout the challenge, and to signup you need only make a post in this thread announcing your intention to compete in the Star Wars or non-Star Wars category in a particular event (triathlon, pentathlon, and decathlon). Once you have signed up, you can edit that post to keep us all informed on your progress so we can cheer you on in your pursuit of Olympic greatness.

Now, for our proud parade of athletes who have already declared their intention to compete in these Fanfiction Summer Olympics. Please join me in putting your hands together to make some noise for our brave competitors=D=:

[​IMG]

Star Wars Triathlon:

@Jâd Sphera: Luke

Star Wars Pentathlon:

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Luke/Mara

@devilinthedetails: Obi-Wan Kenobi

@Seldes_Katne: Captain Tarpals

@Anedon: Wilhuff Tarkin

@earlybird-obi-wan: Family from Moniron

@Mira_Jade: Ahsoka Tano

Star Wars Decathlon:

@Kit' : Family of Scoundrels (OC's Kit, Del, Estra, Nicco, Zallie and Co.)

@devilinthedetails: Padme Amidala

@Cowgirl Jedi 1701: Poe/Holdo (Poldo)

@Thumper09: OC's Darin Stanic and Quiver Yanilr

@Raissa Baiard: Ezra Bridger

@TheRynJedi: Alloy (OC's Sennah, Danyal, etc.)

@Mira_Jade: Skywalker Family (AU as appearing in Songverse)

@amidalachick: Leia

Non-Star Wars Triathlon:

@devilinthedetails: Bill Weasley (Harry Potter)

Non-Star Wars Pentathlon:

@WarmNyota_SweetAyesha: Jim Kirk/Audrey Pearce

@devilinthedetails: Edmund Pevensie (Narnia)

@mavjade: Jim Holden (The Expanse)

Non-Star Wars Decathlon:

@amidalachick: Steve Harrington/Billy Hargrove (Stranger Things)

@amidalachick: Lisa Cuddy (House)

I hereby declare the 2020 Fanfiction Summer Olympics open! Light the torch!

[​IMG]

24. JadeSphera

JadeSphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018
    Let the Games begin!!
    [face_party][face_party]=D==D==D=[face_dancing][face_dancing]

So excited about taking part in this :D
    And really looking forward to reading all the awesome stories in this Challenge.

Happy writing to all! :D

25. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Yes, let the Games begin, everybody!

I'm going to try to keep the index of competitors updated with links to the threads where everyone has their entries posted, so if you want to ensure that I don't miss your thread, you can send me a PM with the link to the thread, and I'll make sure it's added to the index.