main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Challenge Fanfiction Summer Olympics

Discussion in 'Fan Fiction and Writing Resource' started by devilinthedetails , Jun 21, 2020.

1. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    Last edited: Aug 9, 2020
  2. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Wonderful to see everyone continuing to chip away at their events!:)

A friendly reminder to everybody that as of tomorrow, there will be half a month left in the Olympics!

Time to muster the energy for that final push!=D=

3. Seldes_Katne

Seldes_Katne Force Ghost star 3

Mar 18, 2002
  4. devilinthedetails

devilinthedetails Fiendish Fanfic & SWTV Manager, Interim Tech Admin star 6 Staff Member Administrator

Jun 19, 2019
    Congratulations on finishing your Pentathlon, @Seldes_Katne![face_party]

I'm happy to announce that I've finished my Padme Decathlon.

On a housekeeping note, I'd ask all competitors to review the index post (post #2 in the thread) sometime before the competition ends to ensure that their story if started is linked to, because those are the links I will be following after the competition closes to award gold, silver, and bronze medals. I would hate to not give someone credit because their story wasn't linked in the index. If your stories are all listed correctly, you don't have to do anything (yay[face_dancing]) but if you notice that I'm missing a link to your story, please tag me in this thread and let me know or send me a PM. Then I can fix the problem as soon as possible. Thank you:)

5. JediMaster_Jen

JediMaster_Jen Force Ghost star 4

Jun 3, 2002
  6. brodiew

brodiew Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 11, 2005
  7. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Wonderful to see you started another Pentathlon, @brodiew!

I've added it to the index:)

Kahara, Findswoman and brodiew like this.
  8. amidalachick

amidalachick Force Ghost star 5

Aug 3, 2003
    Congrats to everyone who's finished their events or are still posting! =D= I will catch up on reading as soon as I can!

@devilinthedetails, is it okay if we continue to write for events after the deadline, and those entries would just be posted out of competition? I finally have a couple of ideas but not a lot of time to write. This summer is flying by despite everything!

And I did manage to write a couple things today! 110 Word Hurdles are posted for I Saw Her Today At The Reception (House, M.D.) and Songs That We Had Never Heard (Stranger Things).

Kahara and devilinthedetails like this.
  9. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @amidalachick Yes, it's definitely okay to keep writing for events after the deadline. I'd love it if this challenge inspired more stories even after the event was officially over, and I know that feeling of time flying by when you finally do get ideas from your muse.

Congrats on getting some things written and posted today as well!:)

10. TheRynJedi

TheRynJedi Jedi Master star 3

Jun 20, 2018
    So, yeah, my Decathlon hasn't progressed past the two I've posted. SW-related muse ran away from me this Summer. Been working on other stuff and stressing about my kids having to do school from home and my husband who is already having mental health issues having to keep them on task.

Kindergarten was not meant to be done via Google Classroom. At least the 3rd grader seems to be doing ok, when the two Kindergarteners aren't bothering him...

11. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @TheRynJedi I'm sorry to hear about your difficulties. I totally understand how your muse could have run away from you this summer. My muse has often fled on me and I don't even have children to look after. Best wishes to you and your family during this time of craziness![:D]Also, if it makes you feel any better, you can definitely keep updating your Decathlon after the event if your muse does return.

12. Raissa Baiard

Raissa Baiard Chosen One star 4

Nov 22, 1999
    I did it! My decathlon is now complete with my Fantastical Fencing story Infinity, in which Ezra has a vision of all his infinite selves.:ezra::ezra::ezra:

13. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
  14. Cowgirl Jedi 1701

Cowgirl Jedi 1701 Force Ghost star 5

Dec 21, 2016
    I kind of stalled out on my decathalon, and probably won't finish by the deadline. But I still plan to write all the prompts anyway. Eventually.

15. WarmNyota_SweetAyesha

WarmNyota_SweetAyesha Chosen One star 8

Aug 31, 2004
    Congratulations on all those who've finished and yay for those who are in-progress. Just gives me more yums to read LOL [face_party]

16. JadeSphera

JadeSphera Jedi Knight star 1

Dec 10, 2018
    Hello everyone!
    I'm done! [face_dancing]

Here's my completed Challenge.
    A Triathlon with Luke Skywalker as the main character.

You can find each of the stories in the following links:

1) Reflection
    2) Retreat
    3) Marooned

Thank you for reading.

Special thanks to @WarmNyota_SweetAyesha for her help with proofreading all three stories and for inviting me to participate in this Challenge. My English would be awfully spelled and structured without your input Ny, you're a life saver! [face_love][:D]
    It was great to revisit and write about two of my most beloved characters.

Will be reading and commenting on all the wonderful stories that are part of this Writers Olympics.
    Congratulations to all of you who have participated! [face_party]
    Thanks @devilinthedetails for hosting this amazing event! =D=[face_love]

Happy writing and reading!
    :yoda:

Last edited: Sep 1, 2020
  17. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Hosting this event has been a pleasure. I'm so glad that you enjoyed this event, @Jâd Sphera.:D

It has been wonderful to see all the stories and creativity inspired by this event, and to have my own creativity sparked. Can't believe there are only a few days left until the Closing Ceremony!

18. Mira Grau

Mira Grau Force Ghost star 5

May 11, 2016
  19. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
  20. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    Lovely to see everyone continuing to chip away at their their projects as September 1st approaches!

I was able to finish my Obi-Wan Kenobi Pentathlon: The Negotiator.

As a general reminder to everyone, the competition closes on September 1st. I will probably make the official closing post as close to midnight EST as I can on September 1st to give everybody as much time to finish before the deadline as I can.

Then I will look at everybody's story threads to see what awards they have earned and post those awards in this thread for our award ceremony as soon as possible. Hopefully I can have that award ceremony post up sometime on September 2nd. That will mark the conclusion of our Fanfiction Summer Olympics.

Good luck in the home stretch of this event as you make your final pushes, everyone!=D=

21. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    The last two pieces, 400 Word Cross Country and Prime Time Coverage are up for The Tales of Broom Boy, which completes my Temiri Blagg Pentathlon.

22. mavjade

mavjade Former Manager star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Sep 10, 2005
    I took a writing class that started at the beginning of this summer and it served to kill my muse. So there's no way I'm finishing this by the deadline, but I did want to post what I did get done (well, sort of done) before that class started. I hope to finish even though the challenge will be over, I had such grand plans and I loved this challenge so much.

This was AU Archery for the Non-Star Wars Pentathlon - The series title is Busy Living and the Story Title is Change Direction
    The fandom is The Expanse

23. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @JediMaster_Jen Congratulations on completing your Temiri Blagg Pentathlon=D=

@mavjade Sorry to hear that your writing class killed your muse. I know that feeling. Some of the creative writing classes I took in college were great for killing my creativity.

I'm glad that you posted what you got done, and you can definitely finish once the challenge is over if you'd like. I think a few other people want to do the same thing so you won't be alone if you decide to do that.

I've updated the index with a link to your story so everyone can find it:)

24. JediMaster_Jen

Jun 3, 2002
    By the skin of my teeth, my Rey/Poe triathlon is complete! The last part, Prime Time Coverage is up in A Sea Of Time[/url

25. devilinthedetails

Jun 19, 2019
    @JediMaster_Jen Great effort to get your Rey/Poe triathlon completed before the end of the competition!=D=

On that note, it's time for our Fanfiction Summer Olympics Closing Ceremony

[​IMG]

This post marks the official closing of the Fanfiction Summer Olympics. In the course of this Olympics, we saw much creativity and diligent writing from our many contestants, who produced marvelous stories for everyone to admire. At this time, I would like to thank all the competitors across all the different events as well as the spectators who read and reviewed, who all displayed the finest Olympic values and brought us closer together in this era of social distancing.

[​IMG]

I hope that all the authors, readers, and reviewers who participated in this event and helped make it such a dazzling success have enjoyed the Summer Olympics as much as I have. It has been my pleasure and honor to host this Fanfiction Summer Olympics.

Please stay tuned for tomorrow's award ceremonies, where gold, silver, and bronze medals will be awarded to our competitors in recognition of their hard work and dedication to writing.

[​IMG]