main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanfilm effects and something else.

Discussion in 'Archive: London UK' started by Darth_Konikus, Dec 19, 2005.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Darth_Konikus

Darth_Konikus Jedi Youngling star 3

Feb 10, 2005
    Ok, now I know Ive mentioned that I was making a film before but it got scrapped as I had to re-write the script. The new script is coming along nicely (Im about 3/4 of the way to finishing it). We also mentioned clubbing together to make a FFUK London fan film at one point too. In my new script there are parts for a number of people if you are interested, doesnt matter about age or height or anything like that so if your interested, pm me and I'll send you a list of characters to choose from. Im not letting anyone see the script untill its finished though, even though that is not the usual way to go about things I would like to wait so please dont ask just yet. Also if any of you know anything about creating 3d environments and would be willing to help, it would be greatly appreciated (there are only a couple of small ones such as the bridge of a star destroyer etc.). Most of the effects, such as rotoscoping green screening and force powers will be done by me so theres no need to worry about that and all exterior shots of ships will be shot the old fashioned way - with minatures. Also, if you have DV camcorders that would help too. Ive got one but we would probably need 3 to 4 and a couple of stands. Before we start shooting though, I need to make a dolly and maybe a small crane. Anyway, I just thought that I would mention it and s I said if your interested (wether as an actor/sfx or crew), then pm me and we can start making plans.

Thanx for your time peeps: D.K. :)

2. morpher-2005

morpher-2005 Jedi Master star 4

Apr 19, 2005
    If you're looking for dollying equipment, there's a good topic about it over at fanfilms. I'll try and dig it out for you. As for cg work, if you need any help, just ask me and I'll see what I can do (I'm not sure about man made environments. I can do natural ones).

EDIT: here's the dolly thing

3. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    Cheers, that would be greatly appreciated. I posted this here rather than on the fan films board because i would like to use ffuk london bods for the cast and crew as I think it could be a good project to work on together and an axellent excuse for more meets. Which we need more of.
    For people that are interested in taking part, when the script is finished I will email a copy to you.

4. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I meant to post in here a while ago but forgot :oops:

I'm not much of an actor so sadly can't offer you my services, but I do want to wish you good luck and I'd love to see the finished article. Me and Ant made a fanfilm a few years ago, which we may bring with us for the next meet if we're brave enough, but fanfilm making ain't easy and it's very time consuming. But the crane and dolly would be very useful for the model shots.

5. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    Yeah I know. The first script I did was pretty good and had this big reveal towards the end but then I read Dark Apprentice and found it was exactly the same story! Ive just got three scenes left to do now in the new script. It would still be good if you could be in it though. I cant act and Im gona be in it. Remember, its not about it being a great film (although it wiil be cos Im at the helm), its about having fun and an excuse for meets. :)

6. Jedi_Nat

Jedi_Nat Jedi Master star 5

Nov 28, 2000
    And if you happen to be filming in Sept, I can make a cameo :)

7. AmberStarbright

AmberStarbright Jedi Grand Master star 7

Dec 20, 2002
    I might be interested although may have limited time depending on when you film. Also I am purchasing sometime soon a camcorder for university as I am studying digital video editing this semester :)

8. darth-dom

darth-dom Jedi Grand Master star 4

May 19, 2000
    I like the idea of taking part, but I'm not sure what I'll be up to when you're filming, etc.

I was also thinking about 3D environments - is it an Imperial Star Destroyer bridge? And how many angles will it be viewed from? If I have a fair chunk of time to comit to one or two shots, then I'd gladly give it a go.

9. Lord-Tice

Lord-Tice Jedi Knight star 5

Aug 20, 2001
    I think you've twisted my arm Matt :p
    It would be fun to take part and nice for someone else to be worrying about the post-production side of things and I know how much of a great help it is to have as many people chip-in as poss.

And having Ant on your 3D enviroments team would be a great asset. If we show our fanfilm you can get a good idea of what to expect, and it's excellent stuff :D

10. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    Im currently experimenting with Bryce and getting some decent results but all help is welcome. :)

11. morpher-2005

Apr 19, 2005
    here are some interior 3D models of the death star. I know it's not exactly what you want, but they look somewhat similar. Also, here is the hangers section, which may also be good. Wait,
    here is an actual model of the star destroyer bridge. Heh, funny, it was sooooo random that I found that. Anyway, I got all those models from sci fi 3d.

Hope that helps. Remember I'd still love to help out with some 3D work. I've been practicing character animation recently.

12. morpher-2005

Apr 19, 2005
    Just a note...
    If you need me to texture or create pictures of something from any of those models, let me know and I'll do it if I have enough time.

13. Darth_Konikus

Feb 10, 2005
    As I said before, Ive been experimenting with Bryce. Heres a couple of still from a draft render of one of the cg scenes Ive been working on. The textures look crap cos its a draft render and not a fine render.
    [image=http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/darthkonikus/cgiimperialbase3.jpg]

[image=http://i22.photobucket.com/albums/b328/darthkonikus/cgiimperialbase2.jpg]

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.