main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

FanFilm Model PREVIEW

Discussion in 'Fan Films, Fan Audio & SciFi 3D' started by Macho, Mar 15, 2002.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Macho

Macho Jedi Padawan star 4

Sep 21, 2001
    well, I've been modeling for the last 2 weeks or so and have textured just about all day other than when moving in furniture and I was just doing test renders around one of my models that shall remain nameless for now, and I happened to find this one that I think looks really realistic...only one other on this fourm (whom the person is i mentioned in another thread) has seen the whole model...anyway the picture is at http://yankscatcher.tripod.com/wip/seekertextop.jpg

you better not come back saying you got a bloody(is it ok to say bloody daft? or is it a bad word for you?) tripod sign...just in case you do type the address in your broswer, or if someone makes a clickie right click goto copy shortcut open a new broswer and paste and finally just copy and paste in a new broswer window...any cristism would be nice

2. Npoz1

Npoz1 Jedi Youngling star 1

Feb 5, 2002
    It's cool i like it, a little hard to tell what it actually is though, maybe a larger pictures would help. It's a bug on a microscope right?

3. wixmmm

wixmmm Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 8, 2001
    Cool. The thing is that if I knew what it was it would be much better. The texture does look very realistic, but once again, I don't know what it is.

Also, howabout a better angle? From the one we have now (I assume it is from straight above) It looks VERY 2d... howabout a perspective shot so we see how it really looks?

CYa
    MIke

4. Macho

Sep 21, 2001
    that you'll have to wait for...the texture is streching in another part of the model I have to fix that, and I havn't got the look I want in other parts, but you'll see more of it maybe this weekend if I can fix the problems mentioned...btw its not a bug in a microscope...its a droid in my fanfilm

5. DorkmanScott

DorkmanScott Manager Emeritus star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Mar 26, 2001
    Mitosis. Cool.

M. Scott

6. Zayn

Zayn Jedi Youngling star 3

Aug 1, 1999
    it looks like a ring

7. JediTAC

JediTAC Jedi Knight star 5

Nov 30, 2000
    I don't know WHAT it is supposed to be.

And MACHO's incomprehensable misuse of punctuation in his original post doesn't make any sense.

WHAT IS IT SUPPOSED TO BE ???

8. LUEKSYKWALKER

LUEKSYKWALKER Jedi Youngling star 2

Mar 1, 2001
    it doesnt look 2d to me, but i have no clue what that is.

9. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    We should start a poll.

I think it's an eyeball....

-tm

10. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Macho, don't post pictures until you have something to show.

If we can't see what it is, we can't comment.

11. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    We all have to start somewhere in the wonderful world of 3D modelling. Six months ago I couldn't even create a sphere, so let's make sure any comments remain constructive, becuase that's the reason people post stuff up for others to see.

Macho, some of this could be a backlash against the 'EI is great' comments you often post, maybe you can do yourself a favour by toning those down a little :)

12. EagleIFilms

EagleIFilms Jedi Grand Master star 5

Apr 6, 2001
    Daft, the problem is that we can't see the model.

Would you have shown us your lame attempts at making a sphere? (which Blender can do quite easily, btw :D )

No.

You'd wait until you had something to show us.

Mach, buddy, just do a bit more work, then show us something we can comment about.

13. DaftMaul

DaftMaul Former TFN Fan Films Staff star 5 VIP

Feb 18, 2001
    Sorry Eagle, but I don't agree.

I always think this forum should encourage people to show their first attempts at anything. I post my stuff for one reason, to get feedback, to see what is working, andwhat isn't working. How many people have posted a thread that says 'My first lightsabre test' or 'My first 3D model' (I know I posted one about my first model) This practice should be encouraged, people should feel comfortable putting their work up, and not live in fear for daring to post something that it's a work of art.

It's absolutely fine to not like stuff, but tell people why, try to remain constructive, just like it says right here

14. Macho

Sep 21, 2001
    the reason why I didn't show my whole model is because some of the texturing is not done or is streched...maybe I can be MORE clear, IT IS THE TOP OF A SMALL FLYING DROID FOR MY FANFILM

15. Pixel_Queen

Pixel_Queen Jedi Youngling

Mar 14, 2002
    Looks great PixelMagic told me that you're working real hard on it. I think it has awesome potential... but what do I know...I'm just a girl;)

16. Macho

Sep 21, 2001
    did the other pixel happen to show you pixelqueen?

17. Pixel_Queen

Mar 14, 2002
    Yeah, he's a big mouth hehe. I'm learning modeling right now and texture mapping(I like the texture mapping part better). Anyway, when is your film goin to be finished? I'll be anxious to see it:)

18. Macho

Sep 21, 2001
    I have Nooo clue, hopefully this time next year or eariler...the hard part for me will be filming and training the actors how to fight quickly, after all I'm not Dave Macomber(co creator of Duality)....modeling is the cake part which takes time to make and must make and hold up the shape, texturing is the frosting on the cake that makes it stand out

19. Obi-Timbo

Obi-Timbo Jedi Youngling star 1

Dec 29, 2001
    Wow that looks very photorealistic Macho, good work, can't wait to see the finished model.

20. Macho

Sep 21, 2001
    the only real problem is, I can get that specled look from that one angle for now...

21. tumblemoster

tumblemoster Jedi Padawan star 4

Dec 1, 2000
    Try moving your light...

-tm

22. Macho

Sep 21, 2001
    I have it set to camera so it would be in the same place and angle as the camera but I'll try adding a spot in different areas

23. Pixel_Queen

Mar 14, 2002
    I agree that you should put a light off to the side so that you get a nice shadow crawl across the model and that it might also light up your textures;)

-Sarah

24. Night4554

Night4554 Jedi Grand Master star 5

Oct 9, 2000
    okay other than "top of a seeker droid" i don't really know what it is, but what i see I like. The flat gray surface has a nice bump map, and i like the red thing's inward bumps along the middle as well :)

¤Night

25. Macho

Sep 21, 2001
    ahh someone using a brain to see the name of the model :)

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.