main
side
curve
  1. In Memory of LAJ_FETT: Please share your remembrances and condolences HERE

Fanfilm (since theres a lot more activity than usual)

Discussion in 'Archive: FF:UK - Wales' started by Fall-on-Jin, Aug 5, 2004.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fall-on-Jin

Fall-on-Jin Jedi Youngling star 3

Oct 22, 2001
    Those of you who don't know what a fanfilm is... well.. look it up, i'm late and its tired.

Anyways, some of the more veteran posters (aaaallllllllll.... 2 of us, not including me) will remember that Welshguy used to have a topic about a fanfilm. Sadly, Due to restraints on all of our lives, it had to be put on hold. Now that there's more activity around her, i feel it would be a good idea to bring the topic up again. The main idea behind the star wars Fanfilm we had in mind (we (mainly welshguy) have also got plans for a Matrix fanfilm and several other small projects.) is that we tell the story of anakin on the jedi trials (set just after star wars episode 2). There is already a sequel in mind, due to the way that the plot unfolds. This so called sequel gave us the idea to combine both stories, making a truly unique fanfilm.

Right then... Anyone interested?

2. sweetcaroline

sweetcaroline Jedi Padawan star 4

Jun 23, 2004
    Sounds very interesting....

I visit this board every now and again so I like to keep up with what's going on. I'm curious to learn further about the FanFilm. :)

3. Welshguy

Welshguy Jedi Master star 4

Jun 2, 2002
    Your ideas and manifesto interest me.

I wish to subscribe to your newsletter.

;)

Maybe we should tell them the truely unique hook dude?

A prequal set within a sequel. Unique (kind of), I think you'll agree.

Trust me, it makes sense if your us.

4. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    *brushes dust off FX program*

So is anything actualy going to happen with this? Or is it just reminding people that there once was a time when a Fanfilm was in the works?

5. Master_Qel_Droma

Master_Qel_Droma Jedi Youngling star 1

Jan 7, 2001
    Count me in, me and friend have been trying to get a fanfilm off the ground for the past couple of years but due to various events in real life have been unable to do so.

6. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Maybe we should have a sit down and have a good chat about this. We don't want to go down the same path we did last time and makes the same mistakes. I think there are many questions that need to be asked, like what type of fan film are we going to make (doesn't have to be SW), how expensive would it be, do we have enough people to make it happen and most imporstantly of all, is it possible to people like us to make the kind of film we would want with our limited budget and eperience?

7. Master_Qel_Droma

Jan 7, 2001
    i fully agree with you there welshguy, i know im a bit behind the times (only recently got broadband) but ive just downloaded and watched brains and steel. I think that proves you dont need a massive budget or cast to make an excellent fan film.

8. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Brains and steel? I'm not familiar with that one, what is it about?

9. Master_Qel_Droma

Jan 7, 2001
    its a tribute to the princess bride and star wars, its available to download from thefoce.net. I highly recommend you download it.

10. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    The princess bride and star wars. That sounds like an interesting combo.

Will have to check that one out. Out of interest, what does everyone here think is the best fan film they have ever seen?

Some of the very best I have seen are (in no order):

X-Files: Graceland. Brilliant, professional and so good its like watching a real epiosde of the X-Files.

Computer Boy: Matrix take off that will have you quoting lines such as "Mom?" for years to come. Its so good that you may have trouble watching the real movie after this though?

American Jedi: Phantom Menace meets American Pie. Really funny movie trailer style movie. Worth wathcing it for the Darth Maul / Obi Wan lacross dual. [face_laugh]

And finally, Star Wars: Relationship Therapy. Obi-Wan and Anakin are sent to a Psychiatrist by teh Jedi Council to try and work through their anger towards each other. Some brilliant performances and writing/directing by some guy from Wales. Forget him name, but he was a handsome devil ;)

11. odj_310388

odj_310388 Jedi Knight star 5

May 30, 2002
    like what type of fan film are we going to make (doesn't have to be SW)

This idea recently poped into my head: Equilibrium Fan Film

I dont know how the story would play out, maybe something like just after the end of the movie? And it could focus on someone else. Meh. :p

12. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    The concept of any fanfilm... or even, an original production sounds pretty cool to me. I've always wanted to make movies, and this seems like a good opportunity!

Plenty of ideas for films... but i think a brainstorming (oh wait, i can't say that due to political correctness BOLLOCKS) """Mind-mapping""" session is in order. Perhaps a vote as to what film we should do? Interesting stuff.

So if we proposed an idea of a film (be it a fanfilm or whatever else), Who would be interested? (i know people have said that they have been interested, i'd just like to organise all the names into a list so i can get an idea of who's involved)

13. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Equilibrium Fan Film? Well, Christian Bale is Welsh, so I guess there is some kind of sense in that idea :)

My only quibbles would be that perhaps Equilibrium isn't well known enough or it is slgihtly too stylized for a fan-film.

However, imagine how cool the "gun-fu" scenes would be!

So, ok. Lets have a list of all possible fan films. We can take it that most of the people that have posted here are in some way interested.

Star Wars
    Matrix
    Equilibrium
    X-Files
    Star Trek
    Buffy/Angel

Anything else?

14. Master_Qel_Droma

Jan 7, 2001
    Welshguy: Where can i get that x-files fanfilm you have mentioned?

Somebody raised a good idea for a fanfilm, the main forum. Where a jedi and a sith have to work together against an even greater foe. This reminded me of the film pitch black.

And what about Highlander?

15. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Highlander fan film, yes thats another one. There is also Indian Jones and James Bond.

The X-Files: Graceland was done by 2 American brothers who have their own production company called Fountain Head Productions. The movie was hosted on IFilm.com, but they retired it a year or two back. You might have a bit of difficulty tracking it down now, but if you have a look around and possibly go to the Fountain Head website, i'm sure you could find it somewhere.

16. Yoshee

Yoshee Former RSA & CR star 6 VIP - Former Mod/RSA

Aug 3, 2002
    Somebody raised a good idea for a fanfilm, the main forum. Where a jedi and a sith have to work together against an even greater foe.

Ooooooooooo now that would be entertaining!

17. Master_Qel_Droma

Jan 7, 2001
    other ideas to consider are:

The Crow
    The Lost Boys/Vampire Films in General
    Dawn of the Dead

Out of interest what programs do people of have experience of using. Ive dabbled a bit with 3d studio max and premiere. If you go to scifi-meshes.com and look in the star wars gallery you will see a couple of images ive posted, i go under the user name of Garrison over there.

18. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Editing is really my strong suit. I'm a demon in Premiere! I have After Effects, buy I have never really got on with it for some reason.

Myself and Fall-on-Jin have been working on an idea recently regarding the fan film. Be sure to keep an eye out for a big announcement sometime soon.

I think everyone will be pleasantly suprised by the idea we have come up with.

19. Master_Qel_Droma

Jan 7, 2001
    that sounds intresting!! any clues???

20. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    I'm solid yet liqud, i'm clear yet coloured, i'm hard yet soft, I am jelly.

What am I?

21. Master_Qel_Droma

Jan 7, 2001
    err your a jelly, or am i reading the first line wrong?? [face_thinking]

or are you just being realy cryptic!!!???!!!!

22. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Ye know to much!!!!!!!

23. Welshguy

Jun 2, 2002
    Fans of Little Britain will get that line.

Things were more or less set last night regarding the style of the fan film. You may see this as myself and Fall-on-Jin excluding a lot of the Welsh posters who would like to have their ideas and input made into a possible fan film.

However (here comes the twist)...

The proposed fan film is thus:

People's ideas will be the fan film.

Myself and Fall-on-Jin will play 2 producers/directors who have the budget, equipment and skills to make a fan film, but we fail to agree on what direction and type of fan film we should make. So as a compromise we open it up as a sort of competition to all of the other posters on UKFF.
    We interview the other posters who want to get their film made and they give us their pitch for a fan film. This is where the comedy comes in :)

All the ideas of the other posters are terrible. They range from "A Jawa's Journey" (an introspective study of a lone Jawa, struggling to get back to his family after his sand crawler is destroyed by Imperial Guards) to "Alderaan, the untold terror" (Billed as Schlinder's List in space. A seriously disturbed and possibly psychotic individual has become obsessed with the death and suffering of the people of Alderaan. Determined that this story needs to be told, he will stop at nothing to get his script made). Other ideas also on the drawing board include a man who goes around dressed as Boba Fett, a fat, out of shape man who thinks he's the twin of Han Solo and Yoshee giving his pitch to us over the phone, while suffering some Norman Bates style parental problems. And so on.

The idea is still in the development stages right now, but it promises to be a very funny and clever little movie.

Just out of interest, how many people would be interested in being one the people that myself and Fall-on-Jin interview (or a "pitcher").

24. Fall-on-Jin

Oct 22, 2001
    Well, Welshguy pretty much said it there. Since its a pretty low budget and simple idea, it won't take long to get the movie done and dusted... no special effects needed and the only major post-production task being editing. We're looking to have the movie about 20-30 minutes long, so it won't be too intensive a project, yet rewarding.

With that in mind, who here thinks they would be interested?

25. Master_Qel_Droma

Jan 7, 2001
    ha-ha, thats an excellent idea!!! =D=

i'd be intrested in helping out

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.